Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I thought the Villanos being generic and nearing the double-digit iteration of the gimmick was the joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Grendels Dad posted:

I thought the Villanos being generic and nearing the double-digit iteration of the gimmick was the joke?

It's not a joke, they were giant stars.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Who was the one Raven and Kanyon murdered with a powerbomb/neckbreaker?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DeathChicken posted:

Who was the one Raven and Kanyon murdered with a powerbomb/neckbreaker?

IV.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I always forget it was the Invaders not the Villanos who killed Brody

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/973272425004544000

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Ajattelee happened Cage and Impact. He debuted some Time ago and seems to me have done nothing after that?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Come see Impact wrestlers I can't name get squashed past the point of no return this Friday only at Wrestle Con

Tickets start at $34 before papering

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 12, 2018

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Come see team generic CAW vs team fighting game boss

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

That will be a fun match, Aerostar is almost always guaranteed to do some insane spot

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Come see team generic CAW vs team fighting game boss

Everett is a good dude and came in via the Hardyz and DJZ has been around forever on the Indies as Zema Ion before he tweaked his gimmick a few years ago.

Xavier been decent but the lowest profile of the 3.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

Everett is a good dude and came in via the Hardyz and DJZ has been around forever on the Indies as Zema Ion before he tweaked his gimmick a few years ago.

Xavier been decent but the lowest profile of the 3.

Yeah, those guys are all good, and DJZ has been tearing it up since he almost died in Mexico. If you follow indie wrestling even slightly those are all names you’d be happy to see on any show.

Anyone who doesn’t think that match will be really fun is dumb as hell.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i missed the sami callihan chat, but: for real, is anyone surprised? like, at all? this is why hiring Zandig-era CZW guys is generally acknowledged as a Bad Idea. i understand that TNA wanted to make their own dean ambrose but holy gently caress sami callihan was a bad choice to try that with.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If you’re criticizing that match, all it tells me is you probably don’t know poo poo about the people in it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

sportsgenius86 posted:

If you’re criticizing that match, all it tells me is you probably don’t know poo poo about the people in it.

I have no doubt that the people in it are good, it's more that TNA being involved makes the feeling that things will go wrong/bad in some hilarious way that fucks up the match a feeling that can't be shaken easily

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Drago is the worst guy in that match. You could argue DJZ is the best.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Well sure, but indy wrestling has a real issue where if you don't know the people there is nothing immediately interesting about them that you can sell to a casual fan

Like half of the TNA team is "long hair white dude" and "short hair black dude" the only one who immediately looks interesting to a casual observer is DJZ

Like, lucha libre has that poo poo down. Look at the other side. You look at any picture of a luchador and you are immediately given some kinda hook to find them interesting.

Look at the great wrestling stars. You show someone who knows nothing about wrestling a picture of Ric Flair or Steve Austin and they immediately get a sense of who that person is. You're right, I don't know who Andrew Everett is and there is nothing about that picture that makes me think its worth knowing him

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zzzzzzzzz

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Well sure, but indy wrestling has a real issue where if you don't know the people there is nothing immediately interesting about them that you can sell to a casual fan

Like half of the TNA team is "long hair white dude" and "short hair black dude" the only one who immediately looks interesting to a casual observer is DJZ

Like, lucha libre has that poo poo down. Look at the other side. You look at any picture of a luchador and you are immediately given some kinda hook to find them interesting.

Look at the great wrestling stars. You show someone who knows nothing about wrestling a picture of Ric Flair or Steve Austin and they immediately get a sense of who that person is. You're right, I don't know who Andrew Everett is and there is nothing about that picture that makes me think its worth knowing him

It’s also a show that’s only gonna be seen by people there live who are all in town for the biggest hardcore fan weekend of the year so your concern is the exact opposite of theirs, which is trying to create a matchup that will lure hardcore fans to their show rather than a competitor at the same time.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

It’s also a show that’s only gonna be seen by people there live who are all in town for the biggest hardcore fan weekend of the year so your concern is the exact opposite of theirs, which is trying to create a matchup that will lure hardcore fans to their show rather than a competitor at the same time.

I was speaking more generally about some Indy guys in general, not that specific match

And besides, WM weekend is also the biggest casual fan event too. Why try to compete with 20 indyriffic events only 5% of the audience knows about and not try to hook in the other 95% who are there.

I mean, say what you want, but there is a reason Kaiju is outdrawing them

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I was speaking more generally about some Indy guys in general, not that specific match

And besides, WM weekend is also the biggest casual fan event too. Why try to compete with 20 indyriffic events only 5% of the audience knows about and not try to hook in the other 95% who are there.

I mean, say what you want, but there is a reason Kaiju is outdrawing them

Yes, because nobody wants to be seen dead at an Impact event

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kaiju loving owns

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Drago is the worst guy in that match. You could argue DJZ is the best.

DJZ is King Cuerno under a different mask? :aaa:

I really dig King Cuerno :shobon:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yes, because nobody wants to be seen dead at an Impact event

When they started doing the thing where they taped their wrestlers at other promotions, I ended up on Impact due to Callahan doing a match at DEFY. Didn't know they'd be there until right before the match when I saw a ton of cameramen (and there were already a lot due to VICE being there) come out and the ring announcer mentioned it. The one blessing was I knew no one who would recognize me would also watch Impact.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

DJZ is King Cuerno under a different mask? :aaa:

I really dig King Cuerno :shobon:

Cuerno is far and away the best in the match. Mostly because Cuerno tends to be the best in any match he's in.

He's the best.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I've always been a big fan of DJZ, but I guess that he'll never get to WWE as his body has a bad history of imploding. Still, he gets to be a bit crazier on the indies (and in matches like this) so that's not too bad I guess.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Yeah DJZ is a solid worker who deserves to be better known, but he grew up in a pretty impoverished town in West Virginia if I remember right, and that's gotta be something that can impact your long-term health.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

What's with DJZ's mask/helmet/whatever that is combo?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yeah DJZ is a solid worker who deserves to be better known, but he grew up in a pretty impoverished town in West Virginia if I remember right, and that's gotta be something that can impact your long-term health.
He grew up like 50 miles outside of Pittsburgh so even if it was a small town, it really couldn't have been that bad off.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

He grew up like 50 miles outside of Pittsburgh so even if it was a small town, it really couldn't have been that bad off.

it absolutely could be. source: living 50 miles outside of pittsburgh

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Aye Doc posted:

I grew up ~50 miles outside of Pittsburgh (to the southeast)

it's worse than you could imagine

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I grew up in the middle of West Virginia though and driving 50 miles in any direction still puts me in west virginia :smith:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

RealFoxy posted:

I grew up in the middle of West Virginia though and driving 50 miles in any direction still puts me in west virginia :smith:

goondolences.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

Say hi to The Stro for me.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MassRafTer posted:

Say hi to The Stro for me.

Wouldn't that be a violation of his shunning?

Aye Doc posted:

Wasn't/Isn't that Coal Mining country?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

At first glance, how is "long hair white dude" Andrew Everett any different from "bald head white dude" Steve Austin

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ad by Khad posted:

At first glance, how is "long hair white dude" Andrew Everett any different from "bald head white dude" Steve Austin

dudes got a vest on that says mad mother fucker and is covered in skulls

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

dudes got a vest on that says mad mother fucker and is covered in skulls

and Austin had sweet knee braces

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Like even the Young Bucks who are also skinny white long-haired dudes carry themselves in a way that if you look at picture of them you get an immediate idea of what their deal is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What's with DJZ's mask/helmet/whatever that is combo?

He was the DJ for the Bro Mans. Which means he had a soundboard that made that bwam bwam bwam bwam airhorn thing. I don't know techno music. Sometimes he just made the sound with his mouth. Eventually he got a knockoff Daft Punk helmet.