Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
-Golden
+Xizt

?!

Dumb bad move, fnatic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Only event win in two years, time to change roster. How about the immortal and pitiless spectre than inhabits the haunted corpse of Richard Landström?

Realistically though, he's probably a tiny upgrade skillwise. Really can't comment on the IGL aspect. fnatic were never likely to bounce back into fully dominant form, and now when they don't people will just blame it on this. Seems retarded to me. Xizt is in the twilight of his CS playing. Still, no doubt they know better. If Zeus can still get paid work torpedoing Na'Vi, anything is possible.

I will only say that Golden was very animated on comms compared the rest of the team who are pretty muted and Scandinavian, like Xizt. Possibly a personality/style clash, but more likely, dude can presumably call fine but is just too poo poo. He's been sub-1 rating in event single event fnatic have ever played. That's just...not suitable for a T1 team. Xizt at least was notable (in the past) for being a sub-par pro who also is an IGL, rather than the traditional anchor made of trash. Although these days, apparently you can also be a poo poo-hot AWPer and IGL? Just never a rifle player.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I don't agree with the change but they only won the final because of hero flusha

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

stump collector posted:

I don't agree with the change but they only won the final because of hero flusha

Yeah agreed, flusha had 2 aces in 5 rounds or something to get to OT, it wasn't tactical genius that got them there.

Still feel bad for Golden though

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

yolandi posted:

Yeah agreed, flusha had 2 aces in 5 rounds or something to get to OT, it wasn't tactical genius that got them there.

Still feel bad for Golden though

A lot of teams were trading out an igl for a fragger, and I feel like Golden wasn't filling either role well. At least with Xizt they are getting a solid IGL.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
just got teamed in mm with some "groyper" dudes who called me a cuck and a jew

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Greatest Living Man posted:

"Well"come to csgo. Goondolences

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Greatest Living Man posted:

hey man, if the shoe fits, wear it

mods rename me to cucked jewman

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
Anyone know of a pair of headphones with good enough separation to make it REALLY obvious whether the sound of footsteps is coming from your left or your right? Usually, I hear footsteps but don't know which direction they're coming from.

Also, they've got to be comfy enough to wear for eight or more hours during EXTREME WEEKEND PLAY.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

is it depressing that so far the most interesting thing about WESG is that they're running chinese ads on the main english stream?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

oliveoil posted:

Anyone know of a pair of headphones with good enough separation to make it REALLY obvious whether the sound of footsteps is coming from your left or your right? Usually, I hear footsteps but don't know which direction they're coming from.

Also, they've got to be comfy enough to wear for eight or more hours during EXTREME WEEKEND PLAY.

I'm not sure that the headphones in particular are the issue, unless your cord has r/l shorted out or they are explicitly mono headphones from somewhere I can't imagine.

Might be a driver thing? Can you differentiate left/right when you pan left and right in a synth or music player's EQ or something?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

It's CSGOs inherent lovely sound

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I put mix ahead 0.5 (or similar) in my auto exec, not sure if this affects the stereo image but I have no issues discerning whether someone is to the left, right or behind me on my headphones.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Do you have HFRQ or whatever it's called on? It's gonna sound murky for about an hour until you get used to it and then you'll find it's a lot easier to pinpoint sounds.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Audax posted:

Do you have HFRQ or whatever it's called on? It's gonna sound murky for about an hour until you get used to it and then you'll find it's a lot easier to pinpoint sounds.

HRTF is apparently on by default now and no longer directly mentioned on the options menu for audio. I’ve been playing with stereo but gonna give 5.1 surround a go now and see if I notice a difference

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Tenkaris posted:

HRTF is apparently on by default now and no longer directly mentioned on the options menu for audio. I’ve been playing with stereo but gonna give 5.1 surround a go now and see if I notice a difference

you can disable if you want to in advanced audio settings. i'd recommend it

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

WESG status: Still bad I think we've had at least as much time in technical pauses as actual gameplay in the SK vs BIG match.

EDIT: Well it only took like 2-3 hours, but SK's out in two games.

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Mar 14, 2018

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

SCARZ vs Fnatic was worth the garbageshow that was SK/BIG. SCARZ is the puggiest team I've seen in a while and once fnatic figured it out we basically had a FPL game, including jw running through a molly to knife a jumping enemy

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

Sniep posted:

I'm not sure that the headphones in particular are the issue, unless your cord has r/l shorted out or they are explicitly mono headphones from somewhere I can't imagine.

Might be a driver thing? Can you differentiate left/right when you pan left and right in a synth or music player's EQ or something?

mcvey posted:

It's CSGOs inherent lovely sound

NonzeroCircle posted:

I put mix ahead 0.5 (or similar) in my auto exec, not sure if this affects the stereo image but I have no issues discerning whether someone is to the left, right or behind me on my headphones.

Audax posted:

Tenkaris posted:

stump collector posted:

you can disable if you want to in advanced audio settings. i'd recommend it

Thanks, everyone! I'll play around with the audio settings and see if that helps.

Also, my friend just down-ranked from silver 3 to silver 2 and had twenty games disappear from their record because someone they played with got vacbanned and then "banned". Is there anything that can be done here? It seems really awful that my friend would lose twenty games worth of progress. At an hour per game, that's twenty hours.

I would hope that once valve has seen fit to ban a player, they would do so immediately, after the first game, rather than doing it twenty games later when you had no idea that the nice player you met in match-making and started queuing with was actually cheating.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
your friend should focus on learning how to play at a level above Literal Vegetable before worrying about his time investment if he gives a poo poo about his worthless valve mm rank so much

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I wanna see shox in mouz

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

oliveoil posted:

I would hope that once valve has seen fit to ban a player, they would do so immediately, after the first game, rather than doing it twenty games later when you had no idea that the nice player you met in match-making and started queuing with was actually cheating.

The delayed ban has a lot of different justifications. Part of it is to screw with cheat makers, so they won't know what cheat or what feature of their cheat exactly led to them being detected. When something snap bans, it makes it easier to bypass.

Yeah in this particular instance if you pair up with a stranger you can get unfairly punished, but your friend probably paired with this person because they were anomalously good and went on to win lots of unfair games with them that would inflate your friend's rank. But as was said, Silver 2-3 is really nothing to worry about. I could reinstall the game today and rank up from Silver 2 using only a knife, and topfrag doing it.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah if they lost 20 games worth of records, they were repeatedly queueing with a cheater.

Jeza's explanation is spot on about the cheating, also they tend to ban in waves, so that they catch more people using the same cheat they've detected, rather than catching one dude and everybody going "okay don't use this cheat use another cheat". Sucks for your friend, once they get Prime matchmaking they should turn it on and the problem will lessen, but honestly you're always gonna run into cheaters sometimes, and especially in silver.

Tell your friend to git gud, not to queue with cheaters, and never not 5-stack.

Also every hour spent in this game is an hour lost.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Silver is a hell rank where you can go on insane winning or losing streaks depending on the other side having some sort of god with them.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

IIRC it only delays bans on the newestly detectable cheats. So if you google csgo aimbot and download one from 2014, you will just get instantly banned.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Out of about 100 games of silver, 14 had a vac banned player, though looking through those almost all of them were actually bottom fraggers or middling performers who I can only assume downloaded some poo poo later on. There's a fair amount of walls in silver, but there's really zero need as 99% of people at that rank have zero sound discipline or awareness. While the people were terrible, the actual games were surprisingly clean.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
They could have been vacbanned for using a mumble crosshairs overlay in a game no ones ever heard of

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I got my first reported hacker banned. Feels good man. He went 89-5 on Overpass TDM, headshotting people whilst running away from them isn't suss at all, no sir.

NonzeroCircle fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 16, 2018

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Up Circle posted:

They could have been vacbanned for using a mumble crosshairs overlay in a game no ones ever heard of

gaming chair

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cloud9... :smith:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
When the other team gets carried by a guy who gets more kills than he has hours :discourse:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

So Goldens apparently staying on Fnatic. I guess winning $1M+ in a month changed some minds.

Probably just postponing until they start to lose more?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Such a weird tournament. Honestly pretty baffling that we didn't see Astralis or another top Danish team. The softest tournament imaginable, with a bigger prizepool than a Major. SK and C9 bombed out too. fnatic just got 700k for beating C9 in a bo1 and beating up a bunch of T3 or worse teams, then scraping a win over Space Soldiers in a bo3 final. Must feel pretty good.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

They got 700,000 but the rules stipulate they have to spend it on AliBaba

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
My guess is that teams aren’t really believing that they will get paid.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Smol posted:

My guess is that teams aren’t really believing that they will get paid.

That's the only thing that occurred to me. Wouldn't be the first time, but this would be a pretty big scam.

e: in fact, they ran it last year as well and nV won 800k. Somehow blanked it from my memory. I guess it's legit??

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

That's the only thing that occurred to me. Wouldn't be the first time, but this would be a pretty big scam.

e: in fact, they ran it last year as well and nV won 800k. Somehow blanked it from my memory. I guess it's legit??

It's Jack Ma's (alibaba multibillionaire) passion project, so it should be legit.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
supposedly SK is going to do something insane with their current roster before the next major

lets get some guesses for how they're going to gently caress their team up!

-coldzera, fer
+fnx, lucas

who says no!

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

stump collector posted:

supposedly SK is going to do something insane with their current roster before the next major

lets get some guesses for how they're going to gently caress their team up!

-coldzera, fer
+fnx, lucas

who says no!

I hear the org pretty much gave up on trying to keep the team after their contracts expire, so they will let them sign up somewhere else and pick up that Nao Tem Como shitshow instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Rumors are SK lineup is going to Immortals.