Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Are you incapable of pouring drinks? Just build a Soda Fountain #lifehack
https://i.imgur.com/VhZ2ExL.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Why does every single lifehack video have a shot of someone using a knife and cutting straight at their hands? At first I thought it was just regular unsafe knife handling but it's so frequent that I'm starting to wonder if it's a joke that I don't understand.

And what kind of madman pours soda into a glass to drink it?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Why does every single lifehack video have a shot of someone using a knife and cutting straight at their hands? At first I thought it was just regular unsafe knife handling but it's so frequent that I'm starting to wonder if it's a joke that I don't understand.

Why do you even have glasses if you don't? Or are you a heinous weirdo who classifies some drinks as glass-pourable and others not, based on some completely arbitrary reckoning?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

Why do you even have glasses if you don't? Or are you a heinous weirdo who classifies some drinks as glass-pourable and others not, based on some completely arbitrary reckoning?

Why bother pouring a soda into a glass, when the receptacle it comes in is perfectly adequate to drink out of (unless it's a liter/2 ltr bottle)?

Nothing arbitrary about it, friend: use a glass for anything that comes out of a container which holds more than a single serving.

Edit: I just realized who I was replying to. Nevermind.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I like the part where the dispenser causes so much foaming that he only gets half a glass of coke. #diethax

Of course the second half of the bottle is going to be completely flat. Probably warm too, since the cardboard cover would make the contraption inconvenient to keep in the fridge.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Just fill it up with ice around the bottles.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Pour it down the drain. Saves time and is healthier for you.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Lmao just kidding just down the whole thing in one go you piece of poo poo

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I especially appreciate how the bubbles at all times have an open route to escape. Which maybe doesn't matter because of my other especially appreciated thing, which is that you have to pick the whole thing apart every four chub gulps of your poison of choice

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Clearly the superior technique is to put amazing delicious hooch wine in there instead.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Frankly I'm amazed that someone who is incapable of pouring out of a bottle without spilling is capable of building that without slicing off their thumb and soldering their fingers together and then electrocuting themselves for a finale.

But what do I know.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Soda: There's Just Got To Be A Better Way!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Probably a recovering alcoholic, you insensitive bastard.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Helith posted:

and then electrocuting themselves for a finale.

with a 9v battery no less

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

Clearly the superior technique is to put amazing delicious hooch wine in there instead.
That's just box wine with delusions of grandeur. If you can refill Franzia bags with cheap whiskey, I'm all for that. Wait, I bet you can and bogans already figured it out. I must research this.

Lame edit: Franzia bags are stupid easy to open and refill. They're a real life hack and I've wasted years of my drinking life to not having boxes of "wine" to take to terrible game nights. :(

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 12:12 on Mar 12, 2018

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I think that's pretty neat and would probably go over really well at a kids birthday party

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jerry Cotton posted:

I only pour drinks that I can't already drink out of their single-serving container. This occasionally includes whiskey and vodka.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

What really bothers me is that he has a soldering iron yet does not have a wire stripper.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

chitoryu12 posted:

I only pour drinks that I can't already drink out of their single-serving container. This occasionally includes whiskey and vodka.

How do you feel about eggs?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

chitoryu12 posted:

Whiskey and vodka are single serving if you try hard enough.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

kazil posted:

If you haven’t downed a whiskey out of a bottle on an airplane and then immediately asked for another, you might as well never have flown.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Away all Goats posted:

Hi, I'm a guy who can't pour fanta into a glass without making a huge mess, but am somehow able to use wire strippers, a soldering iron, a hot glue gun and a drill without killing myself.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

kazil posted:

When I said "occasionally", I didn't mean that I occasionally drink vodka and whiskey. Just that I occasionally pour them into a glass.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Away all Goats posted:

Nintendo Labo looking real weak. Gonna have another Wii U situation on their hands.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i thought the soldering stuff onto a battery seemed a little dangerous.

but mainly why the hell did you make the box out of cardboard. ghetto as gently caress and itll get gross fast

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Im still choosing to believe it's a neat little thing for a birthday party. Parties over and you can just toss the whole thing

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Zipperelli. posted:

Why bother pouring a soda into a glass, when the receptacle it comes in is perfectly adequate to drink out of (unless it's a liter/2 ltr bottle)?

Nothing arbitrary about it, friend: use a glass for anything that comes out of a container which holds more than a single serving.

Edit: I just realized who I was replying to. Nevermind.

Isnt it a litre bottle in the very video that you were replying to in the first place? So you never use a glass for soda except in the exact situation presented?

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

i thought the soldering stuff onto a battery seemed a little dangerous.

but mainly why the hell did you make the box out of cardboard. ghetto as gently caress and itll get gross fast

Because everyone has motors, (peristaltic?) pumps and wire hanging around. But no battery holders, nobody has battery holders.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Horse Clocks posted:

Because everyone has motors, (peristaltic?) pumps and wire hanging around. But no battery holders, nobody has battery holders.

Well not since every radio shack closed.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

SiKboy posted:

Isnt it a litre bottle in the very video that you were replying to in the first place? So you never use a glass for soda except in the exact situation presented?

No. that's 20oz bottle.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

SiKboy posted:

2L can be a single serving depending on the level of depravity you've sunk to

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Or how much pot you've smoked

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Scathach posted:

Or how much pot you've smoked

I can't even imagine how much pot it would take for me to down an entire 2L in one sitting. Ugh.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Zipperelli. posted:

I can't even imagine how much pot it would take for me to down an entire 2L in one sitting. Ugh.

I once put down a 2L bottle of Great Value orange soda when I was 17 or 18 in a single pull. It stayed down for maybe 10 seconds.

:barf:

Edit: I was sober

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I like to pour soda into a glass, it just tastes better than out of plastic. Real lifehax would be buying the drat glass coke in the first place and drinking out of that, I guess.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Zipperelli. posted:

No. that's 20oz bottle.

That was the most confusing part to me. It's so much work for like 2 cups of Coke. Unless you're supposed to reuse the cap contraption?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I pour fizzy drinks into glasses so I can have them with ice. :shobon:

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
I pour fizzy drinks into glasses because I'm not a barbarian. Also because that's where the vodka is.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I pour fizzy drinks into glasses because too much carbonation hurts my stomach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I decanter all my soft drinks into a range of crystal carafes.

HAHA AS IF.

Obviously my man servant handles that.