Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Guys I have just gotten news that if you buy a new black ps4 pro that you can now hack it no matter what firmware it's on

I am getting further confirmation and will update as it develops

that feel when your psn dashboard is this and you got them all for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

lmfao

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Just got a CUH-7015b PS4 Pro from Target. 4.55 firmware :cool:

Isn't Ferrox a type of cfw? This stuff is confusing. I switched to Ferrox Cobra because webman is so much better but I find things refuse to load regularly

Yeah. For some reason the old flash exploit only let you install a particular cfw (ferrox) so if you wanted rebug or something you would have to install ferrox first, then install rebug.

I'm using rebug 4.82 lite with webman. The only time I've had a game not load so far was during an ftp transfer so maybe that's the problem?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lmao

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Frenz posted:

Yeah. For some reason the old flash exploit only let you install a particular cfw (ferrox) so if you wanted rebug or something you would have to install ferrox first, then install rebug.

I'm using rebug 4.82 lite with webman. The only time I've had a game not load so far was during an ftp transfer so maybe that's the problem?

No it definitely wasn't during an FTP transfer. I will just get a black screen a decent amount of the time when trying to load MultiMan (which I still use to rip games since WebMan cannot) and I never had that happen on ReBug. Could it be something about the weird way WebMan has to delay loading USB info? It takes a good minute or two before my list of games will show up in WebMan (but they show up immediately in MultiMan).

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Sony made the ps4's only game free on ps+ this month to discourage piracy while they fix the firmware.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

No it definitely wasn't during an FTP transfer. I will just get a black screen a decent amount of the time when trying to load MultiMan (which I still use to rip games since WebMan cannot) and I never had that happen on ReBug. Could it be something about the weird way WebMan has to delay loading USB info? It takes a good minute or two before my list of games will show up in WebMan (but they show up immediately in MultiMan).

I haven't tried loading games from USB yet. I have noticed that webman keeps an xml list of games so maybe building that takes awhile reading from USB if you add hundreds of games at once?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Frenz posted:

I haven't tried loading games from USB yet. I have noticed that webman keeps an xml list of games so maybe building that takes awhile reading from USB if you add hundreds of games at once?

I didn't add a bunch of games (maybe 1 tops) so I am guessing this Cobra firmware polls USB drives differently somehow. I think what I have to do is turn on the PS3 and wait a good minute or two before doing anything. Kind of weird.

Is this the exact firmware you are using? http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ferrox-4-82-v1-01-cobra-7-55-by-alexander.15724/

Frenz posted:

Sony made the ps4's only game free on ps+ this month to discourage piracy while they fix the firmware.

Yeah to be honest this hacking of the PS4 kinda sucks. I bought a PS4 VR with Doom VR and I bought Secret of Mana (physical version) and I can't play either one because they want to update my firmware.

And you cannot spoof the firmware on the PS4, from what I am reading. So I am stuck only playing games that require 4.55 or lower, which are zero games that I have right now lol. I can't do anything with it.

The Vita is the same way; I am stuck on an old firmware and can't play newer stuff like Romancing Saga 2 or Secret of Mana. There's no way to spoof the Vita into letting you player newer games. Kinda amazing to me that I can play SNES games on the Vita and install a fake PSP OS but I can't fake a firmware version lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

This is what I’m using http://www.psx-place.com/threads/rebug-4-82-1-lite-edition-cfw-w-rebug-toolbox-2-02-15-cobra-v7-54.15687/

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

OK yea that isn't what I was using. Gonna try that one. Thanks!

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I really wish these modder nerds would bother writing simple guides and not assume everyone knows what the gently caress a Graceful ROP or a NAND is

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

StabMasterArson posted:

I really wish these modder nerds would bother writing simple guides and not assume everyone knows what the gently caress a Graceful ROP or a NAND is

to do the ps4 jailbreak that I did today i had to go through 4 youtube videos, 3 gbatemp posts, and 7 reddit threads

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Worth it so you can play uh. The Knack Uncharted crossover DLC.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

can't play mhw online but as much killzone, knack, and whatever other game was on ps4 in 2013 when it launched 🙏��🙏🙏🙏

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Turns out it was pretty simple to get working if you spend an age figuring out the weird terminology modders use etc. I can play MGO again and get destroyed by people who have spent far too much time with a dual shock 3

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
please pay for yakuza and mlb: the show, the ps4's only two game series

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Just scrolling by and wanted to say this thread title always gets a smile out of me. Nice to see some up lifting news for once

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

goferchan posted:

Just scrolling by and wanted to say this thread title always gets a smile out of me. Nice to see some up lifting news for once

:)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

That's a special feeling, Lloyd

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That's a special feeling, Lloyd

lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Frenz posted:

Just a small update: I switched from webman to sman and it was the best decision ever. Games load instantly now. Consider making the switch, to sman!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Just a small update: I switched from webman to sman and it was the best decision ever. Games load instantly now. Consider making the switch, to sman!
Thank sman!

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Heads up: now all PS3s, including Super Slims, have been hacked, no matter what firmware you are on

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Spoderman posted:

Heads up: now all PS3s, including Super Slims, have been hacked, no matter what firmware you are on

thank you very much for the heads up .. i think ill do it then. sony arent updating it anymore right ?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I may hack my PS3. What a time to be alive

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I got banned from psn :(

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Nice. I installed a 1tb internal drive and have been sending games to that over ftp with webman and havent had any problems (as long as a transfer isn’t in progress.) Have you played around with any fan control settings? I have a cecha01 that I would like to run cooler than it does but I’m wary about changing those...

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

StabMasterArson posted:

I got banned from psn :(

What kind of things were you doing on psn? I heard certain games scan the hdd for folders associated with cfw and report you to Sony.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Frenz posted:

What kind of things were you doing on psn? I heard certain games scan the hdd for folders associated with cfw and report you to Sony.

I left myself logged in while doing stuff in retroarch, playing ps2 games and metal gear online. Probably should have got some of those stealth patches or at least logged out but, still

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Super Slim success

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I might finally be able to finish AC0 since my disc is scratched.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I might finally be able to finish AC0 since my disc is scratched.

hell, playing assassins creed is worth the trouble of hacking your psp3

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

emoji posted:

Super Slim success

u can emulate ps2 games on a super slim? or did you just install a psn game.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
just looked it up .. you can do ps1, 2, and psp games. but ps2 games are hard cos theres a 4gb file limit, i guess you need to download them through the ps3 browser or something. either way ill wait for a bunch of ppl to brick their consoles and learn from their mistakes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

check this out. the thing you have that runs your web browser can also run ps2 games thru the magic of technology

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

check this out. the thing you have that runs your web browser can also run ps2 games thru the magic of technology

samsung have really upped their game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

maybe yours can .. i only have a laptop though. and its poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never had good luck with PS2 emulation which I why I just bought a PS2

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

just looked it up .. you can do ps1, 2, and psp games. but ps2 games are hard cos theres a 4gb file limit, i guess you need to download them through the ps3 browser or something. either way ill wait for a bunch of ppl to brick their consoles and learn from their mistakes

The 4gb limit is bc of the filesystem you have to use on the USB drive. There's also an app called Package Link where you run a program in the same folder as your games and it streams them to the PS3 bypassing this limitation and it's overall easier too. I'm loading God of War II right now which is over 8gb we'll see if it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Playing King’s Field: The Ancient City AKA loving’s Field 4 on my WebTV like a boss