Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

That's just what I'd expect a *rolls dice* Yorkist to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I got a kick out of the MSNBC video accompanying the headline--Chris Matthews just spends the whole time trashing the House Intel Committee, and Joaquin Castro says "This is the equivalent of bringing in a suspect, asking him if he started the fire, and when he says no, throwing up your hands and going 'welp we're done here'."

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

We're all set here, guys. Plus the all caps sounds sane

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Johnny Bravo posted:

Very in depth investigation. So in depth that they never even brought in Manafort, Gates, Flynn or Papadopoulos during the course of it. Those guys probably knew nothing and would have been a waste of time.

CNN was even interviewing some idiot who basically said, "well, we asked them if they colluded with Russians, and they said no, so we took them at their word!"

Like, do they not understand how loving bad that sounds? How can any but the dumbest Republicans say, "well, that sounds completely reasonable"?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

I'l never understand Hollywood's obsession with making sure the guy is taller than any women in the same shot

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
Maddow has been talking about the piss tape for 15 minutes now

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

We're all set here, guys. Plus the all caps sounds sane

Listen to how careful and professional he's trying to sound. He is hearing a triumphant orchestra playing in his head.

He thinks he's going to wake up tomorrow to a 100% approval rating.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Neurolimal posted:

I'l never understand Hollywood's obsession with making sure the guy is taller than any women in the same shot

it's more robert downey jr having a complex about his height.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Maddow's been talking about Golden Shower for the last 15 minutes

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

PT6A posted:

CNN was even interviewing some idiot who basically said, "well, we asked them if they colluded with Russians, and they said no, so we took them at their word!"

Like, do they not understand how loving bad that sounds? How can any but the dumbest Republicans say, "well, that sounds completely reasonable"?

There are no average intelligence Republicans left. The base will eat this up and I fully expect Hannity and Gorka to give Nunes glowing endorsements and blowjobs tonight.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

Because the entertainment industry is built on illusion and fantasy. It's like we're all Vegas magicians trying to make sure no one notices when we steal your watch.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Literally a quote from a CNN panelist earlier this afternoon about the House wrapping up their investigation: "If this decision were printed on toilet paper, I wouldn't even bother to bend down and wipe my rear end with it."

:shepface:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

PT6A posted:

:ssh: They won't. :ssh:

The Mueller investigation continues, as does whatever the Senate is doing.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Ague Proof posted:

If the House changes hands I hope the Democrats refuse to put Nunes on any committees.

Nah he should be put on the special waste water treatment committee that requires a pipe to be installed in his mouth.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/nytmike/status/973259666158505984

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I just...what did House Republicans think this would accomplish? Did they think it was magically going to make everything go away? That Robert Mueller would just abandon ship?

That article is just mind-bending. They didn't do anything they should have done. They literally just closed up shop and went "NO COLLUSION, WALLA!"

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 13, 2018

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

Serv-Bot will kick your ass.

Arturo Ui posted:

Maddow has been talking about the piss tape for 15 minutes now

That picture of him and his entourage in the nightclub was amazing. It’s all real. This is our timeline.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

What book is that on the desk?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Pantsless Hero posted:

That picture of him and his entourage in the nightclub was amazing. It’s all real. This is our timeline.

I need to see this. 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

PhazonLink posted:

Nah he should be put on the special waste water treatment committee that requires a pipe to be installed in his mouth.

Brb running for ID-1 followed by all the beans, coffee, and Chipotle I can shove in my face hole.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Alter Ego posted:

I just...what did House Republicans think this would accomplish? Did they think it was magically going to make everything go away? That Robert Mueller would just abandon ship?

Their goal is and always has been to muddy the waters. They did this so the casual voter who doesn't keep a close eye on the news but occasionally sees the headlines on facebook or chyrons on news channels in restaurants will say "oh, I guess there was no collusion after all."

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
One of the only good parts of Cracked, Cody Johnston's "Some News", is back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBR_dcp38KA

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

PhazonLink posted:

Adams vs. Jefferson. I guess someone thought it would make the whole thing look smarter than realistically possible.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

PhazonLink posted:

Some lame book that he's pretending to read?

https://www.amazon.com/Friends-Divided-Adams-Thomas-Jefferson/dp/B075QKBGZZ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520904167

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Alter Ego posted:

They started it before Mueller was appointed so yeah they probably thought they could make it go away with a phony investigation. At the very least they can present it to the MAGA die-hards to parrot to anyone that will listen.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Hasn't Donnie bragged about never having read a book in his life?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Alter Ego posted:

That article is just mind-bending. They didn't do anything they should have done. They literally just closed up shop and went "NO COLLUSION, WALLA!"

Devin Nunes: galaxy brain is completely in on all of this, and just continues to make it super obvious whenever Mueller would like to come for him.

Remember; Nunes also wants to open investigations into the intelligence community and the deep state, because he is the idiot king of mentally impaired shills for Trump in Congress.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Pakled posted:

Their goal is and always has been to muddy the waters. They did this so the casual voter who doesn't keep a close eye on the news but occasionally sees the headlines on facebook or chyrons on news channels in restaurants will say "oh, I guess there was no collusion after all."

CNN and MSNBC at least are doing a good job ensuring that the headline matches the story. The chyrons so far have said that the House GOP's conclusion flies in the face of the intelligence committe.

I expect Fox will be popping champagne bottles and sucking Trump off all week, but who gives a poo poo.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Pantsless Hero posted:

There were a couple articles posted a few days ago by the authors of the book she is referencing, both are worth reading:

https://www.motherjones.com/politic...ichael-isikoff/
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/03/why-the-hell-are-we-standing-down/

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Alter Ego posted:

CNN and MSNBC at least are doing a good job ensuring that the headline matches the story.

I expect Fox will be popping champagne bottles and sucking Trump off all week, but who gives a poo poo.

Followed by Mueller deciding we need to know something about what he's up to.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Crain posted:

Ugh Cracked has been getting so much better. I like Dan O'Brien a lot too. I wonder if they need writers. 😂😂😭

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

buckle up

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/973242440101527552?s=20

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Crow Jane posted:

Hasn't Donnie bragged about never having read a book in his life?

He says he's too busy to read

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...0645_story.html

I mean, yknow, despite the fact that basically every other president we've ever had has read a lot. Donnie's just too busy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Alter Ego posted:

CNN and MSNBC at least are doing a good job ensuring that the headline matches the story.

The chances that this will be pushed out of the headlines by some crazy-rear end poo poo out of left field within 48 hours are pretty drat high.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Republicans posted:

They started it before Mueller was appointed so yeah they probably thought they could make it go away with a phony investigation. At the very least they can present it to the MAGA die-hards to parrot to anyone that will listen.

...which they would have done anyway. The MAGAchuds have already declared Trump innocent of all charges; this isn't going to change their argument.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Oh Satan we're in for another night of the needle of doom aren't we?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Koalas March posted:

Ugh Cracked has been getting so much better. I like Dan O'Brien a lot too. I wonder if they need writers. 😂😂😭

Probably. After getting gutted by whoever owns them right now Cody and the rest of the good contributers are all on their own doing solo stuff.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Alter Ego posted:

It's "voila," for the love of God, it's "voila."

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Minenfeld! posted:

It's "voila," for the love of God, it's "voila."

I know. I did that on purpose. Calm your tits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Crain posted:

Dope, subscribed.

• Locked thread