Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Jealous Cow posted:

That reads like damage control from Trump camp.

It's from one of the four people included in the NDA, apparently a longtime friend of Daniels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

omg

newest McNaughton painting

Props on McNaughton going the bold route and capturing Trump with a pure "lost at Walmart" dementia expression.

umbrage
Sep 5, 2007

beast mode

Motherfucker, use a coaster.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Just to be clear, the domestic sockpuppet army operated on behalf of Trump by Scott Presler is perfectly legal, and fair use of campaign funds. It's the funds originating from foreign interests and the mysterious appearance of the same tech - owned by the Mercers - in St Petersburg, behaving as they do.

Oh, also WikiLeaks, guccifer 2.0, Flynn, all the Russian assets assigned to Trump's campaign. And wedge attacks, and advertising targeted so perfectly to game electoral college that the Intel must have come from the gop leadership.

Edit: concisely. Preslers army and the Ira's translation project seem to align on techniques and causes. I believe they collaborate in amplifying targeted hashtags, for example. Demexit for example. Presler seems to do more of the aggressive "trigger the libs" Nazi stuff. Russia's a lot more imaginative.

Uglycat fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 13, 2018

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

This kind of plays into the whole "Trump is a sad old man desperate for friends and people to talk to" theory.

What kind of bullshit is this?

Despite being in the public eye for nearly his entire adult life, Donald J. Trump has not ONCE given a sign that he cares at all about other human beings. He's narcissistic and self-absorbed to the bone. He openly brags about only either treating people as servants or as marks to be exploited.

He doesn't care about "friends" or "people to talk to". He might have talked to Stormy about her career because he sees himself as some kind of business genius, but using that to paint Donald Trump as a pitiable figure is straight :psyduck: Trump is a dude who smiles biggest when he's hurting people.

Admiral
Dec 14, 2000

If you see this man, slap him in the nuts for me.

umbrage posted:

Son, that Coca-Cola is just bringing more freedom to the Resolute Desk.

Granted, in sweaty beads of condensation - but that seems fitting.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

the black husserl posted:

Despite being in the public eye for nearly his entire adult life, Donald J. Trump has not ONCE given a sign that he cares at all about other human beings. He's narcissistic and self-absorbed to the bone. He openly brags about only either treating people as servants or as marks to be exploited.

He doesn't care about "friends" or "people to talk to". He might have talked to Stormy about her career because he sees himself as some kind of business genius, but using that to paint Donald Trump as a pitiable figure is straight :psyduck: Trump is a dude who smiles biggest when he's hurting people.

Trump is narcissistic and self-absorbed but all of that is a house of cards, barely held together by the validation and approval he gets from others. That's why he's so desperate for positive attention - he doesn't care about friends or people like a normal person would, but he does care very much about what they think of and say about him.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The only thing that could be as surreal as Trump being President would be having an actual clown as Pope. Complete with comically oversized squeaky shoes and lapel flower that sprays holy water.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

the black husserl posted:

Relax, I was just pointing it out for other people who had been talking about that theory. I don't intend to make people sympathize with Trump, just interesting to read into why he obsessively calls and meets and tweets certain people who acknowledge him at all.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Neurolimal posted:

This kind of plays into the whole "Trump is a sad old man desperate for friends and people to talk to" theory. That or Trump feels uncomfortable having sex with people that he doesnt have a dad-daughter relationship with.

The part where she says that Trump intimidated her into signing the NDA could be pretty big, but that seems like a questionable detail when the majority of her lawsuit hinges on Trump not being aware of the arrangement and never signing off on it.

Her lawyer was just on CNN and was very clear that their opinion is NOT that Trump was uninvolved and never signed off. Their stance is that he deliberately kept his hands clean and "forgot" to sign so that he could do exactly what the White House is doing and deny knowledge.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Uglycat posted:

Just to be clear, the domestic sockpuppet army operated on behalf of Trump by Scott Presler is perfectly legal, and fair use of campaign funds. It's the funds originating from foreign interests and the mysterious appearance of the same tech - owned by the Mercers - in St Petersburg, behaving as they do.

Oh, also WikiLeaks, guccifer 2.0, Flynn, all the Russian assets assigned to Trump's campaign. And wedge attacks, and advertising targeted so perfectly to game electoral college that the Intel must have come from the gop leadership.

Edit: concisely. Preslers army and the Ira's translation project seem to align on techniques and causes. I believe they collaborate in amplifying targeted hashtags, for example. Demexit for example. Presler seems to do more of the aggressive "trigger the libs" Nazi stuff. Russia's a lot more imaginative.

Uh do you mean Parscale? Presler is just some twitter douche.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->

Arturo Ui posted:

Uh do you mean Parscale? Presler is just some twitter douche.

He runs a Twitter botnet. And a Facebook sockpuppet army.

E: I don't know if there's any collusion between Presler and the internet research agency, but I'm going hmmm.

E2: like when a story comes out saying some Hashtag was signal booster by Russian trolls or bots or whatever, his domestic bots all come in insisting they're real and that story is fake news. And they aren't from Russia so what gives.

Uglycat fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 13, 2018

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Office Pig posted:

With a muslim woman, to boot.

Also getting divorced.

Is there a link to this or is this just my wonderful imagination overacting again?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

That's just what I'd expect a *rolls dice* Yorkist to say.

i call dibs on being a thuggee

they even fishmeched their way into making their routine murder for profit as non-blasphemous as possible

i can respect that

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Koalas March posted:

we're all Vegas magicians trying to make sure no one notices when we steal your watch.

i have a new top choice for "best KM quotes to take out of context"

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Uglycat posted:

He runs a Twitter botnet. And a Facebook sockpuppet army.

E: I don't know if there's any collusion between Presler and the internet research agency, but I'm going hmmm.

E2: like when a story comes out saying some Hashtag was signal booster by Russian trolls or bots or whatever, his domestic bots all come in insisting they're real and that story is fake news. And they aren't from Russia so what gives.

Are you feeling OK? Russia wouldn't need to obtain persona management software from anyone else, they've almost certainly written their own. Also if they were trying to coordinate with US citizens to spread their message don't you think they would pick someone with more reach than some crazy sign twirling guy?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Her lawyer was just on CNN and was very clear that their opinion is NOT that Trump was uninvolved and never signed off. Their stance is that he deliberately kept his hands clean and "forgot" to sign so that he could do exactly what the White House is doing and deny knowledge.

That...seems like a weird strategy, nonsensical even. The point of an NDA is to make sure nobody talks, and as a private citizen (and with no political aspirations at the time) a record of it wouldn't be available to a FOIA request. He wouldn't need to deny knowledge at all (because she would be bound to the NDA) and it's a really weak counternarrative.

That's not to say that it's impossible, just unlikely enough that she'll need pretty compelling proof.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->

Chadderbox posted:

Are you feeling OK? Russia wouldn't need to obtain persona management software from anyone else, they've almost certainly written their own. Also if they were trying to coordinate with US citizens to spread their message don't you think they would pick someone with more reach than some crazy sign twirling guy?

So preslers army is legal and fair game campaign tactics from here on out?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

There Bias Two posted:

The only thing that could be as surreal as Trump being President would be having an actual clown as Pope. Complete with comically oversized squeaky shoes and lapel flower that sprays holy water.

Pope egg

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Uglycat posted:

So preslers army is legal and fair game campaign tactics from here on out?

I'll be honest and say I don't know much about the guy aside from a couple of Twitter posts/pictures that have been linked through from here. I don't know that a US citizen running a set of profiles on Twitter is actually illegal in and of itself, though it probably is against TOS. Dunno. :shrug:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i have a new top choice for "best KM quotes to take out of context"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I am going to join the seminary, become a priest, and somehow become the Pope even though I have a Jewish wife and a son on the way purely so that I can declare myself Pope Finbar I, dress like Pennywise the Dancing Clown, and have the papal clown egg put in the Vatican museum.

I'm also changing the words back to "And also with you" so that the next time one of my relatives dies, I'm not confused by all this "And with your spirit" stuff.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Neurolimal posted:

That...seems like a weird strategy, nonsensical even. The point of an NDA is to make sure nobody talks, and as a private citizen (and with no political aspirations at the time) a record of it wouldn't be available to a FOIA request. He wouldn't need to deny knowledge at all (because she would be bound to the NDA) and it's a really weak counternarrative.

That's not to say that it's impossible, just unlikely enough that she'll need pretty compelling proof.

The NDA was signed 2 weeks before the election, wasn't it? I think that constitutes as "political aspirations". Also I'm not even sure what you're arguing. Are you saying she's making it all up? Because even Sarah Sanders has verified that its legit.

IANAL but they don't seem to be in the need of proof of why Trump didn't sign, because its clear he didn't sign. Their case is that since he never signed the NDA is void. I have no idea if that's legally sound but his motivation for not signing seems secondary.

Also he alleged they have prove. Its been inferred she has photos, texts, or recordings.

But regardless the lawyer felt that this was just a deliberate action to distance him from it the same way he handles so many other business deals he never really intends to follow through on.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

umbrage posted:

He also parks on the green. Trump has no manners at all.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Bicyclops posted:

I'm also changing the words back to "And also with you" so that the next time one of my relatives dies, I'm not confused by all this "And with your spirit" stuff.

I'm sorry WHAT!?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Crain posted:

I'm sorry WHAT!?

They changed a whole bunch of the magic words, man, it's hosed up. At my grandfather's funeral, my 18 years of Church were actually working against me!!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Star Man posted:

He also parks on the green. Trump has no manners at all.

The barbarians aren't at the gates; they're already inside.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

They changed a whole bunch of the magic words, man, it's hosed up. At my grandfather's funeral, my 18 years of Church were actually working against me!!

They change that poo poo every few years to catch you* lapsed Catholic bastards

*(us)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Don't loving kid yourselves about Presler. I've made the mistake of reading like a solid minute of his twitter Persistence horseshit and, while not certified in any way, shape or form to diagnose him, he reminds me of an acquaintance who was very good at self-deception, and in just one slightly crappy day, his whole "big loving deal" persona just eroded. Presler can keep looking at Trump like a big, strong daddy all he wants (just like Garrison), but the second his self-deception falters... well, we're probably not gonna hear/read much about it.

Unless the MAGA Chuds have an epidemic of mental breakdowns or something. Which, y'know, could happen.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wistful of Dollars posted:

It turns out the people at the gates the whole time have just been trying really hard to bring over a bottle of wine and lend a cup of sugar while the barbarians inside load up catapults because they're scared.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

enraged_camel posted:

Trump is narcissistic and self-absorbed but all of that is a house of cards, barely held together by the validation and approval he gets from others. That's why he's so desperate for positive attention - he doesn't care about friends or people like a normal person would, but he does care very much about what they think of and say about him.

He has major daddy issues.

Admiral
Dec 14, 2000

If you see this man, slap him in the nuts for me.

Crain posted:

I'm sorry WHAT!?

That caught me out after starting work at a Catholic School. I'm not religious at all, but I did attend a Catholic High School myself, and when I had to attend the first staff mass, I was pretty psyched that I was still going to remember some of the call and response stuff.

loving NOPE. Cheeky bastards, changing the words.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Fixing golf greens after some idiot parks on it and spins their wheels on it sucks, okay.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

So Trump actually did something good today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.92bbe8c4eccc

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Bicyclops posted:

dress like Pennywise the Dancing Clown, and have the papal clown egg put in the Vatican museum.

The funny thing is is that wouldn't even be out of place, the vatican museum is absolutely wild. You think it's gonna be very prim and proper and chruchy/serious and it's just crazy crazy crazy nonstop

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dinosaurtrain posted:

Has it been mentioned that David Clarke is having an affair?

Haven't heard of that, but it was mentioned a long rear end time ago he made a trip to Russia for "Reasons"

"Why yes, this trip where I'm like the only black guy/a handful of them in the whole country isn't notable at all, stop asking."

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

quote:

Singapore-based

Well, that explains it.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The funny thing is is that wouldn't even be out of place, the vatican museum is absolutely wild. You think it's gonna be very prim and proper and chruchy/serious and it's just crazy crazy crazy nonstop

timg that poo poo bro

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Broken clock, etc etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

ummel posted:

Well, that explains it.

Nah, it doesn't. Qualcomm and Huawei are the only competitors for 5G chips. If Broadcom acquires Qualcomm, they will break it up and kill its chances of competing effectively, handing victory to the Chinese (government).

So yeah, there are legitimate national security issues with a major telecommunications technology being solely controlled by China.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/03/10/qualcomm-vs-broadcom/

• Locked thread