Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I want Indy to trade down so the Bucs have a shot at Chubb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
This would be huge for the Browns if it comes to fruition-

https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/973320295091179520

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

warcrimes posted:

Josh Allen to the Bills is my everything

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

wandler20 posted:

I want Indy to trade down so the Bucs have a shot at Chubb.

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuu

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

warcrimes posted:

This years Mitchell "Mitch" Trubisky.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

warcrimes posted:

Smokescreen!! Smokescreen!!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I don’t want Buffalos 22 pick since that is a cursed pick position for the Browns.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Diva Cupcake posted:

It's looking more and more like 4 QBs are going in the top 6.

Even 4 would be extremely unprecedented. QBs drafted in the top 10 since the merger:

https://www.pro-football-reference....rder_by=default

Only four seasons have had 3 QBs in the top 10 (1971, 1999, 2011, 2012).

'99 had five QBs in the first 12 is probably the closest comparison to what might happen in this draft.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm not so sure you can pat the Bills gm on the back for imploding the team of all talent just to begin the first year of a total rebuild with a couple more picks in the first 3 rounds.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
^^ why not? they weren't going anywhere anyway

Bigass Moth posted:

I don’t want Buffalos 22 pick since that is a cursed pick position for the Browns.

McGlinchey or Williams shoring up that RT spot and being groomed for Thomas's retirement would be sexy at #22.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I can see what they did with Tyrod. Whether or not he had potential to be "the guy" this coaching staff wasn't going to give him a chance so it totally makes sense to move on for both parties. Glenn is a very good tackle in a league that has almost no very good tackles. Trading him only for a pick that doesn't guarantee you you're QB of the future doesn't seem smart to me.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think the Bills’ FO really, really resents having to inherit another regime’s contracts. I half expect them to Osweiler trade away Charles Clay.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

warcrimes posted:

A trade down is in play too. Imagine getting Buffalo's #12, #22 and #53 on top of Cleveland's other picks. Lmao, I'm in full closet Browns fan mode.

It’s fun watching a team build from nothing

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think the Bills would be wise to sit on all those picks. Trade ups are stupid. There, I said it. A definitive opinion on the draft.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Doltos posted:

I think the Bills would be wise to sit on all those picks. Trade ups are stupid. There, I said it. A definitive opinion on the draft.

They should trade up to 2 for a QB pick funnier than the Bears trading up for Mitchell "kissing titties" Trubisky.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hello this is ryan pace and the chicago bears need to know right now where your client stands on kissing tittiess, this is a deal-breaker

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Bills need help at every position outside their secondary, so yeah, it might be most prudent to take Jackson or Rudolph at 12 and work with a massive rookie squad.

But I still prefer they get Mayfield or Rosen by any means necessary. I want a quarterback that sticks around for more than three seasons.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Broncos are signing Keenum, so that's one team off the QB market

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Benne posted:

I still expect Denver to draft Josh Allen in April.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Raku posted:

if miami rolls into this fall having traded tannehill and starting mccarron and kenyan drake i'll be in the same miserable deathtrap of rooting for the dolphins as Ehud

please don't let this happen

its motherufdkcing TIME

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

fsif posted:

The Bills need help at every position outside their secondary, so yeah, it might be most prudent to take Jackson or Rudolph at 12 and work with a massive rookie squad.

But I still prefer they get Mayfield or Rosen by any means necessary. I want a quarterback that sticks around for more than three seasons.

LOL @ all the posts about Bills talent. When they had talent it didn't help having Tyrod throw to them each once per game. The D has been good but it doesn't matter if they can't put up points. They've got enough draft capital that they can move up without sinking their draft completely. Get the QB you want then build around him seems like a better strategy than hitting on lots of mid 1st picks and hope the team gels to overcome mediocre QB play.

In the last year they've moved out
Dareus
Woods
Watkins
Glenn
Taylor

I expect them to maybe restructure Clay but if they get Rosen I'll be rapt.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Benne posted:

Eh...want to see the contract first.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Benne posted:

Yeah let’s wait on the contract.

Keenum screams guy you sign to a frontloaded deal in case he turns out to be a one year wonder.

JAF07
Aug 6, 2007

:911:

Argive posted:

LOL @ all the posts about Bills talent. When they had talent it didn't help having Tyrod throw to them each once per game. The D has been good but it doesn't matter if they can't put up points. They've got enough draft capital that they can move up without sinking their draft completely. Get the QB you want then build around him seems like a better strategy than hitting on lots of mid 1st picks and hope the team gels to overcome mediocre QB play.

In the last year they've moved out
Dareus
Woods
Watkins
Glenn
Taylor

I expect them to maybe restructure Clay but if they get Rosen I'll be rapt.

This.

Nothing is more of a dead giveaway that a person didn't watch any Bills games when they start clowning on the team for getting rid of all-star QB Tyrod Taylor. My favorite recent hot take was "Finally Tyrod will have talented receivers to throw to!" In 2015, Taylor had Watkins, Woods, Clay and Hogan to throw to and Shady out of the backfield. Bills still finished 8-8.

"How could they trade Glenn?!?!" Because Dion Dawkins is good enough that nobody noticed Glenn was out injured for the 300th time.

They made the playoffs this past season out of sheer luck. Their mediocrity didn't change.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If the sign Keenum and DONT draft a QB then yeah Elway pretty clearly is throwing shot against a wall Bc wow Keenum as your long term franchise guy lol

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The Bills are going to draft Lamar Jackson book it

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

JAF07 posted:

This.

Nothing is more of a dead giveaway that a person didn't watch any Bills games when they start clowning on the team for getting rid of all-star QB Tyrod Taylor. My favorite recent hot take was "Finally Tyrod will have talented receivers to throw to!" In 2015, Taylor had Watkins, Woods, Clay and Hogan to throw to and Shady out of the backfield. Bills still finished 8-8.

"How could they trade Glenn?!?!" Because Dion Dawkins is good enough that nobody noticed Glenn was out injured for the 300th time.

They made the playoffs this past season out of sheer luck. Their mediocrity didn't change.

I'm confused, which of those wide receivers is any good?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Nur_Neerg posted:

I'm confused, which of those wide receivers is any good?

Watkins is good but always hurt woods was solid at buffalo the rest are not

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Hogan is a good 2/3.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Watkins has potential and showed flashes early for sure. Really hope he can keep it healthy at some point, but he's only had one productive season without serious injury at this point? He's the only one of the three with actual WR1 potential though, and he definitely didn't consistently produce at a WR1 level.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mayock's positional rankings 2.0

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000920805/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-position-rankings-20

JAF07
Aug 6, 2007

:911:

Nur_Neerg posted:

He's the only one of the three with actual WR1 potential though, and he definitely didn't consistently produce at a WR1 level.

I wasn't saying each of those receivers were WR1 material, nor was I saying it was the best receiving group ever assembled. But, taken collectively, it's a decent group of receivers (and coincidentally, 2015 was the year Watkins actually performed at a WR1 level) and one of the best RBs in the league. With that group, Tyrod still led the team to .500 record and couldn't close the deal on the myriad of one-score games that ended in a loss that year.

JAF07 fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 13, 2018

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Josh Allen @ no2 QB roflmao

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Argive posted:

Josh Allen @ no2 QB roflmao

Allen isn't Hackenberg v2.0. He can actually turn into a good QB but needs a lot of work. I wouldn't rank him 2nd but eh.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

JAF07 posted:

I wasn't saying each of those receivers were WR1 material, nor was I saying it was the best receiving group ever assembled. But, taken collectively, it's a decent group of receivers (and coincidentally, 2015 was the year Watkins actually performed at a WR1 level) and one of the best RBs in the league. With that group, Tyrod still led the team to .500 record and couldn't close the deal on the myriad of one-score games that ended in a loss that year.

And I'm saying that a bottom-ten WR corps WITH Watkins does not comprise a "talented group of receivers." Additionally, Shady doesn't really contribute to a "talented group of receivers." I agree they were talented in that they were NFL wide receivers. I don't agree that it was a talented group in comparison to just about anywhere else IN the NFL. Watkins had one actual good year and got hurt another. That's their most talented wide receiver.

It's just weird to me for someone to call a group of wide receivers talented when there's exactly one 'talented' receiver in the bunch, and a handful of JAGs.

And yes, you're right, Tyrod WAS still your best QB since Jim Kelly.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/973661594193408001

Hmm, who called this yesterday?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I thought they were aiming for that and could make it happen before the Tyrod trade, I'd be real surprised if they didn't make it happen now (unless they get outbid by the Jets I guess).

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Grittybeard posted:

I thought they were aiming for that and could make it happen before the Tyrod trade, I'd be real surprised if they didn't make it happen now (unless they get outbid by the Jets I guess).

I could see Indy and the Giants moving down.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

wandler20 posted:

I could see Indy and the Giants moving down.

People keep saying this but imo the Giants despite all their other needs should use this high draft pick to get their QB of the future.

Indy does make sense, but it'd have to be a pretty drat good deal. Edge rushers are extremely thin on the ground this draft and the consensus seems to be that Indy wants Chubb bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/TheJoeMarino/status/973668455277826048

lol

• Locked thread