Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

I've been training a predictive writing AI with Horus Rising to see if it can match up to Black Library standards, the results are quite something... this is what it gave me so far

The mournival had been summoned, Loken felt it. He wondered if it was likely that he was straight. Torgaddon touched Loken on the arm and ushered him along as the clapping resumed. Karkasy waited to see if they would die, but loken saw them better. Another world shrank rapidly until it became part of a great battle. the luna wolves legion might protect it and they did. 'Terra alive!' aximand said quickly, 'backing off is not even ironic'. horus looked down at him with great authority, warships arranged quietly around him. Torgaddon’s attack ships passed over the warmaster horus and aximand cried out. Loken paused, the imperial fists silently lined the palace compound from the shadows. It appealed to him, mankind forever looks doomed.

quote:

generated some more

Loken stepped forward furiously, his patrician constitution shrieking. Sindermann rose up out through the smoke, a vast man of mighty laughter. The primarch of the luna wolves surged at him from behind abaddon. They simply vanished to the new moon. 'This fool of mankind is done' sindermann said, His injuries widened ever so. Loken could make no effort to say something. He felt foolish enough to fall into an empty seat with a groan. abaddon broke out of the tower, facing his own death. Fabled craft swept around the wide sky whilst shouting men took turns to embrace. 'I have sent hastur sejanus to meet the emperor' said mersadie oliton as the ceremonial band had left, horus slew servitors with a golden army. aides began flocking down from the roof

quote:

last bit I can be bothered to get it to generate tonight

Abaddon joined the imperial fists, slamming into a towering arch. Mersadie murmured "taught him about fanes while he marshalled his ambassadors." "You are a great deal" said aximand gruffly before they might betray the emperor. "Triumphs are wrong" nero vipus laughed loudly. Loken paused, he realised he felt tremendously sure maloghurst was quite aghast at the prospect of being left behind. There was a great tragedy implicit in the tale of the emperor as if he had achieved this false imperium by chance and dominance. Karkasy found himself increasingly captivated by some rare images.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Mar 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

adamantium|wang posted:

He wondered if it was likely that he was straight. 

Goon.txt

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Angelus fluff lookin good.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Weird question: anyone know of any third party Gal Vorbak models? I'm not a big fan of how crazy the real ones are; they were Lorgar's special ideal future for humanity boys, and he wasn't yet a chaos-do-no-wrong-tentaclize-me-cap'n dude yet. Also they were supposed to change at-will, not explode.

I'm thinking something like controlled mutations; armor with no arm coverings so they can produce crazy scythes and crab claws without chewing through armor every battle, carapace that envelopes the armor, mutations that are similarly colored/shaped to the armor, etc.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Neurolimal posted:

Weird question: anyone know of any third party Gal Vorbak models? I'm not a big fan of how crazy the real ones are; they were Lorgar's special ideal future for humanity boys, and he wasn't yet a chaos-do-no-wrong-tentaclize-me-cap'n dude yet. Also they were supposed to change at-will, not explode.

There's a difference between what Lorgar wants and what Lorgar gets.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
While it sounds cool, every non-ashen circle WB special looks like "but then demons asplode"

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
The warp is a fickle mistress.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Lorgar is literally the "This is fine" dogge

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
To be fair, the Gal Vorbak are shown as they are in combat. All of the growths and cracking and deformities are supposed to disappear/fuse back when the host Daemon isn't out for blood.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Mango Polo posted:

To be fair, the Gal Vorbak are shown as they are in combat. All of the growths and cracking and deformities are supposed to disappear/fuse back when the host Daemon isn't out for blood.

I wonder how much of Gal Vorbak or a possessed Marine remains him, and how much of it is a demon out for a joyride.

Also, I'm unsure about the difference between demons that posses and demons that manifest. Like, can a blood letter (or a screamer, or a nurgling) posses a dude?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

JcDent posted:

I wonder how much of Gal Vorbak or a possessed Marine remains him, and how much of it is a demon out for a joyride.

Also, I'm unsure about the difference between demons that posses and demons that manifest. Like, can a blood letter (or a screamer, or a nurgling) posses a dude?

The marine is in mainly control during downtime while in battle the daemon becomes more active and brings out the physical alterations. At that point it's a mix of both and the usual struggle of who gets to be dominant.

Unfortunately we'll never know what happens on the long term because all of the Gal Vorbak died and the next generation of possessed are third-rate amateurs. :rip: our boy Argel Tal.

I think it's First Heretic that really showcases them? Read up on that, it's a good book (by 40k writing standards).

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

JcDent posted:

"Modern" 40k possessed are described as not as strong as the original Gal Vorbak. Heck, the ones Kor Phaeron created intentionally were not as strong as the truly original ones from the Serrated Sun chapter, who were almost a match for Custodes while they themselves were unarmed. For that reason I'd speculate modern possessed are more given in to Daemons and might not be able to revert their appearance, while the original Gal Vorbak were a more true balance of born and neverborn (just like Lorgar wanted) since they were shown to be able to boss their daemons around to some extent.

From the novels, all the daemons that possess in the 30k era (and in the Talon of Horus/Black Legion books) seem to be unaligned, and are probably one of a potentially infinite variety of unaligned daemon.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

One of the short stories in the Calth underground war anthology (can't remember what it's called) delves into the relationship between a possessed marine and his daemon.

It's pretty good.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Hey guys I found this weird photo on forgeworld of an overdesigned me-

-oh wait it's just Valdor

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

There's a difference between what Lorgar wants and what Lorgar gets.

Sure, but iirc the Gal Vorbak were a weird relationship as far as demons and humans go, where the demons were hands off on the whole mind/body torture and just hung out letting the human use their powers, in exchange for eating their soul when they died.

In that way I'd figure the just-recently-loyalist dudes might be a little more sane and focused on practical mutation, rather than trying to grow as many tumors as possible.

Ashen Circle & bladeslaves looks right up my alley though, that six-eyed helmet is dope.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Mar 13, 2018

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
Still messing around with Dorn. Pure metallic was just overbearing so I’ve painted his panels yellow. Not sure how to proceed. Thoughts?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

krursk posted:

Still messing around with Dorn. Pure metallic was just overbearing so I’ve painted his panels yellow. Not sure how to proceed. Thoughts?

I really like that! prefer it over the gold.

also

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

krursk posted:

That is seriously cool.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

That looks drat good.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I’d shade the yellow down a little further but that’s personal taste more than anything- I just like muted colors.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

4 more bois for the pile

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

press F if you checked the hands on Hixson’s boys immediately

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
F

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
F

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
F

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
F

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
F

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
F

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

F

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

F

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

good thread

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hixson posted:

good thread

how’d you type this through all the tears?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
HH players tend to be on average more toxic that 40k in my experience

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

More like :toxx:ic, am I right? :dadjoke:

I still need to buy the models for my 2018 toxx. :shepspends:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

how’d you type this through all the tears?

big words from a kid with ONLY 1 legion. loser

Hixson fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 14, 2018

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
Anyone without at least... 19 legions is a cuck!

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Hixson posted:

big words from a kid with ONLY 1 legion. loser

big words from a kid with 2 left hands

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Broken Record Talk posted:

Anyone without at least... 19 legions is a cuck!

I'm the only guy here who plays the The XI Legion: The Hand Warriors

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm the only guy here who plays the The XI Legion: The Hand Warriors

Yeah, but you play them using II Legion rules :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

TTerrible posted:

I thought it was because of all the Chinese resin.