Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Synthbuttrange posted:

idiot. it's white wine with sexual assault.

To go with the white men whining about how it isn't fair.

in b4 "browns can sexually harass and assault too", further vindicating my point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Zenithe posted:

Anidav, have you contacted the RTA yet?

Also, every day you ignore this boomer rentseekers win.

Seems to be moving ahead since I involved the RTA

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/the-problem-record-immigration-is-supposed-to-solve-doesn-t-exist-20180313-p4z464.html

What is this why is it the lead on smh

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
https://twitter.com/ghostwhovotes/status/973447107142041600

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What is Taylor?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Anidav posted:

What is Taylor?

A semi-rural seat north of Adelaide that was, until now, one of the safest Labor seats in the state at +23. The current sitting member recently resigned from the cabinet in disgrace over the Oakden retirement home scandal, and isn't contesting the election.

She was a Labor right hack though, and was heading for the #1 slot in the Legislative council and permanent born to rule status before the scandal broke, so it's good she's gone.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Mar 13, 2018

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Konomex posted:

Get what? Dutton is really riding hard on this 'anti brown' thing.

Dutton knows it's a horse that won't get tired.

:australia:

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
Of course, Australia's worst writer, Christos Tsiolkas, has the absolute worst take on Robert Doyle:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
"It turns out my boss is a sex pest but payroll was always on point so good luck and god bless mate"

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I got about 3 chapters into The Slap before deciding I hated everyone in it

Was it as bad as my instincts suggested?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
All Australian art, literature and culture is poo poo.

Including TISM.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

JBP posted:

Including TISM.
*Gritted teeth*

YOU

TAKE

THAT

BACK

MATE

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Quasimango posted:

Of course, Australia's worst writer, Christos Tsiolkas, has the absolute worst take on Robert Doyle:

lol no kind words for the complainant, tess sullivan, who actually did get a "trial by media" with the Herald Sun deciding a photo of her in a bikini meant she was clearly lying

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

drunkill posted:

This thread the last three pages:

me irl

(it's a badge I got at midsumma)

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

hiddenmovement posted:

I got about 3 chapters into The Slap before deciding I hated everyone in it

Was it as bad as my instincts suggested?

If it's so bad, how come the hitmakers at NBC adapted it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq49v4oJvcE

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Including TISM.

Whatareya?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Public transport sucks anyway it's always packed with junkies and other undesirables.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

Public transport sucks anyway it's always packed with junkies and other undesirables.

image of christopher pyne on the bus

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

GoldStandardConure posted:

lmao

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

GoldStandardConure posted:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I like this one because it looks like an ad for seniors insurance.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh no Doughtnut Time.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

JBP posted:

I like this one because it looks like an ad for seniors insurance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTTgCYxA5lo

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

The Peccadillo posted:

If it's so bad, how come the hitmakers at NBC adapted it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq49v4oJvcE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHZvUeAdzeI

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.
The Slap was fine, you're not supposed to like any of the characters apart from maybe the nice gay kid.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Chadzok posted:

diversify, mr. lizard. 100% of anything is dumb and that example relied upon it.

If you have 100% of your investment in one stock, then sure, I agree. You can get plenty of diversity by investing in different stocks.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

NPR Journalizard posted:

If you have 100% of your investment in one stock, then sure, I agree. You can get plenty of diversity by investing in different stocks.

I’m maximally diverse, I have 13 interest only investment properties

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Fauxbot posted:

The Slap was fine, you're not supposed to like any of the characters apart from maybe the nice gay kid.

Bad characters is different from characters who you don't want to be friends with

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Solemn Sloth posted:

My portfolio is entirely composed of artisanal brunches.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I got indignant when he slapped what looked like Demi Lardner, because I've been listening to her and Tom Walker's bigsofttitty.png podcast all day

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

JBP posted:

Including TISM.
Agreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szDOzLkqhm4

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

In all seriousness if you lack the self respect to enjoy Australia's film tradition watch Turkey Shoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojai1EcJcV8

I don't know if it's still on SBS on Demand but honestly who can navigate that hosed app, pirate it, most of the people directly involved are probably dead by now anyway

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

Fun fact, once you own more than 10-13 different stocks, you performance generally just tracks the all ords.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Peccadillo posted:

In all seriousness if you lack the self respect to enjoy Australia's film tradition watch Turkey Shoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojai1EcJcV8

I don't know if it's still on SBS on Demand but honestly who can navigate that hosed app, pirate it, most of the people directly involved are probably dead by now anyway

Some clips from that movie were used in Carpenter Brut's Run Sally Run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiIW-izVkBk (NWS if you're a prudish yank, your call)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I only buy small cap because I'm for the plucky little guy with less than a couple billion in market cap.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

thatbastardken posted:

My portfolio is entirely composed of artisanal brunches.

My avocado stocks have been getting smashed recently.

EDIT: I got slightly burned on sourdough as well.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

JBP posted:

I only buy small cap because I'm for the plucky little guy with less than a couple billion in market cap.

My brother.

How about that Afterpay? Pretty good growth

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I don't care what the share is as long as its got franking credits. I love getting a big return at tax time.

If you get a big tax return it means you are beating the system. That's also why all my investment properties are negatively geared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Vice Admiral enlisted special forces help to keep his sheets and kitchenware

Defence’s second-highest ranked officer, Vice Admiral Ray Griggs, dispatched a crack special forces commander to monitor his estranged wife Kerrie Griggs’s shift from their Defence residence, partly to ensure she left him enough sheets and kitchenware.

The supervision, which was also due to the timing of the shift, had followed some disagreement between the couple over personal possessions at their official home, according to correspondence sighted by The Australian.

The Australian has uncovered further details about the incident that saw the Vice Chief of the Defence Force, an ambassador for the White Ribbon charity which seeks to prevent violence against women, send his chief of staff, Colonel Craig Shortt, to act as his “representative” in Kerrie’s shift from the Duntroon house in 2015.

Colonel Shortt, who has since been promoted to brigadier, is a battle-hardened special forces commander who had twice led the 2nd Commando Regiment, and then been the director of the military’s Special Operations and Plans, prior to being appointed as Vice Admiral Griggs’s chief of staff.

The incident was among a number of issues associated with the 2014 break-up that prompted Kerrie to complain to the Inspector General of the Australian Defence Force (IGADF). She alleged it was inappropriate use of Vice Admiral Griggs’s staff and also queried why a woman wasn’t sent.

The IGADF investigation found that while the move could have “been better handled” it cleared Vice Admiral Griggs of any impropriety. The IGADF found Vice Admiral Griggs had “an interest in and obligations connected with the removal of personal effects from the official residence tied to his posting as Vice Chief of the Defence Force”.

The Australian has sighted correspondence that suggests one of Vice Admiral Griggs’s reasons for dispatching the former special forces officer related to concerns Kerrie might unfairly divide up property, especially linen and kitchenware, in the official residence.

In 2015, he emailed her complaining that what she wanted from the property went beyond establishing a functional household, especially “a functioning kitchen”. In June 2015, while he was overseas on holiday with his new partner, Kerrie notified him of her intent to move out of the official residence.

He emailed her saying he had appointed Shortt and a staff officer as his representatives for the move because he was overseas and he had given them an “agreed inventory”. “They are there to protect my equities as you did not afford me the time to engage a professional to do the task,’’ he said. Colonel Shortt attended the property, but left when Ms Griggs said the move was not occurring that day. The Australian does not suggest he acted inappropriately.

Kerrie emailed her husband complaining about the “optics” of using Defence personnel on a personal matter while “you are overseas on holidays with your mistress”. Griggs emailed back saying having his staff present was justified due to goods being removed that were his. “You removed material from the house you had no right to ... you repeatedly refused to confirm the kitchen and linen issues which were supposed to be agreed, not just what you chose to leave behind,” he said.

A Defence spokesman said independent inquiries found no breach of Defence policy in this matter. He said Defence residences tied to senior commanders contain commonwealth property, which could be inadvertently damaged or packed by removalists.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne..._medium=Twitter

• Locked thread