Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Canada Ontario just really wants its own version of the Trump circus in town.

lol forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

:circlefap:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Baloogan posted:

wait your literally holding me to some position i held 12 months ago?

Moer like 10 years ago

TRUMP

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Isizzlehorn posted:

Canada Ontario just really wants its own version of the Trump circus in town.

lol forever

Oh please. Ford's crack smoking tenure as the mayor with plenty to eat at home was the original rip in space-time that sucked our whole world into the chaos timeline, years before Trump stepped onto that elevator escalator :doh:

Helsing has issued a correction as of 21:31 on Mar 11, 2018

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

What are the odds the OLP hears the poo poo-winds blowing and encourages Wynne to move over for someone less disastrously unpopular?

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i think gerald stanley was innocent, he didn't intend to mistakenly kill the guy. the jury agreed.with me, too.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
doug ford is going to fire 100 000 people

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

flakeloaf posted:

What are the odds the OLP hears the poo poo-winds blowing and encourages Wynne to move over for someone less disastrously unpopular?

Well the time to do that was 6-12 months ago so I'd say a million to one.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
A bunch of Liberal cabinet ministers and MP already bailed on the government, Wynne's in it to...win it.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

flakeloaf posted:

The OLP aren't morons like the PC party, and understand that you can't have a leadership change a handful of months before an election.

Ford is going to have his base, but they're going to get killed if they run with the socons.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
SoCons are already taking credit for Doug's victory, the organization behind Granic-Allen asked supporters to make Doug their #2 on the ballot.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Helsing posted:

Oh please. Ford's crack smoking tenure as the mayor with plenty to eat at home was the original rip in space-time that sucked our whole world into the chaos timeline, years before Trump stepped into that elevator.

what elevator :thunk:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Yeah I'm dyslexic as gently caress

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Tom Broadbeck got triggered by the mention of white privilege

https://twitter.com/tombrodbeck/status/972956358973669376?s=21

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
My household is voting to wynne. gently caress socons

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I'm the tightly clutched table edge

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm the very sad chair

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Two guys who love to shout racial slurs

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
FORD

*CLICK*

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Typo posted:

FORD

*CLICK*

Load ur gun mate

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

nothingmatters.txt

quote:

Almost half of Ontario voters disapprove of Doug Ford as leader of the Progressive Conservatives, but the party is still poised to win a majority in the upcoming provincial election, according to a new public opinion poll.

Of the 923 Ontario voters surveyed Sunday by the Forum Poll, 48 per cent said they disapprove of Doug Ford, 36 per cent said they approve and 16 per cent said they don’t know.

If an election were held on Sunday, the Liberals would lose, securing only 23 per cent of the vote, or 11 seats, according to the poll. The New Democrats would come in second, with 27 per cent, and the PCs would win with 44 per cent.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Was it a nuanced "I Don't know" with waffling opinions weighing out each potential negative and each potential positive?

or was it a *Shrug* "I 'unno"

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

a primate posted:

nothingmatters.txt

Give it time, PCs won't top 35% of the vote on election night :toxx:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Reince Penis posted:

youre saying they let NPCs vote in canada?!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

youre saying they let NPCs vote in canada?!

what

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
this is canada, we're all NPCs. if you kill me you get a cool rock you can sell to certain shopkeepers.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
dug ford

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Reince Penis posted:

the real question is (largely) can they win a majority with sub-40 numbers

Trudeau got a supermajority with 37% nation-wide, but the PC has voter distribution issues so who knows

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Typo posted:

the real question is (largely) can they win a majority with sub-40 numbers

Trudeau got a supermajority with 37% nation-wide, but the PC has voter distribution issues so who knows

Ford minority government is the funniest outcome, so here's hoping.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

I wonder if Doug is toxic enough that, in the event of a minority PC win, the OLP and NDP form a coalition to spite him. Depends how badly the left vote splits in favor of the PC's.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

if PCs get 35% of the vote, the rest is NPCs, right? :thunk:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

if PCs get 35% of the vote, the rest is NPCs, right? :thunk:

"PC" in Canadian politics is short for Progressive Conservative, a common right wing party name

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

"PC" in Canadian politics is short for Progressive Conservative, a common right wing party name
:thejoke:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Goddammit I got this cspam thread mixed up with the other one

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Isizzlehorn posted:

I wonder if Doug is toxic enough that, in the event of a minority PC win, the OLP and NDP form a coalition to spite him. Depends how badly the left vote splits in favor of the PC's.

lol if you think the OLP have more in common with the NDP than the PCs

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

If Doug gets a minority then I imagine the Liberals would want time to run a leadership contest and reset themselves a bit - depending on their performance, the NDP might want the same. I also have trouble imagining a scenario where one of the partys wouldn't be losing out big time on a deal. A coalition only makes sense if your assumption is that the parties are desperate to stop the conservatives rather than just advance their own interests.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
If the NDP didn't oust Horwath after the last election are they really going to do it after this election? Unless they manage to lose more seats, which I guess is a good enough excuse to do it.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Dreylad posted:

If the NDP didn't oust Horwath after the last election are they really going to do it after this election? Unless they manage to lose more seats, which I guess is a good enough excuse to do it.

Yeah, but they actually gained seats last election, they just lost any semblance of power in the legislature too, much like the federal NDP's great orange wave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Yeah, I remember Pinterest Mom saying the strategy was to focus on southwestern ontario. we'll see if that has any sustainability against doug ford, I guess