Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

These two raids and the turtle cave weekend helped me go back to 10m gil after blowing a ton on Aileen, WoL and Wilhelm enhancements as well as getting a tone of units to 100 from all the cactuars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wyrmthang posted:

Since we are asking for special units, does anyone have a Tilith unit they can set up for Aigaion that I can use? I've got a team together who can handle the damage, raising, taunting and all the rest of his mess. I just need a healer who can cut the mustard and doesn't use magic. From what I read Tilith is that healer and I don't have her :(

Send me an invite and I’ll set one up that will only die if you fail to mitigate the punch correctly.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 13, 2018

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I should have said this a week ago, but every Beatrix on my friend list that doesn't have Diabolos and a holy weapon equipped is just doing the whole thing wrong.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Skyridge posted:

I should have said this a week ago, but every Beatrix on my friend list that doesn't have Diabolos and a holy weapon equipped is just doing the whole thing wrong.

Looking at you, guy with Bahamut and some weird TDH build

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
Hey Toonman, we are already friends. I'll look for your guy to come up and then let you know once I'm in my 3 hour grudge match.

Edit: i'm in, thank you very much!

Wyrmthang fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 13, 2018

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

Any chance you can throw him up a second time? I pulled Bea and want that eye patch!

Friend request will be from DrManatee

I put up a Trance Terra that can solo FF9snek if needed, IGN Buttz, FC: 479,088,281. Just use Magical Activation then Maduin's Successor and dual Chaos Wave, refresh MA every 3 or 5 turns. Ultra-sonic Blast can hit and do damage but it would take a few to actually kill T.Terra, she can heal herself, and from my test just hitting the snek stops the attack. T.Terra can out-dps his healing without much trouble.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Welcome to the club.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

I was doing that for a while but now I just sell Bediles/Sabins/Duanes/etc. Not worth the time it takes to fuse, the unit slots, or slots for the TMs I'll never use

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Scrublord Prime posted:

I put up a Trance Terra that can solo FF9snek if needed, IGN Buttz, FC: 479,088,281. Just use Magical Activation then Maduin's Successor and dual Chaos Wave, refresh MA every 3 or 5 turns. Ultra-sonic Blast can hit and do damage but it would take a few to actually kill T.Terra, she can heal herself, and from my test just hitting the snek stops the attack. T.Terra can out-dps his healing without much trouble.

Sent!

Praise Butts.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tengames posted:

Looks like the compensation is given to anyone logging in with an ios device so use it if you got one.

So, I tried to claim this on my iPod 5, but the fact that it's running iOS 9.x seems to make it so I can't load the game. I was able to log in via Facebook from the Title Screen, and then it did the first download bit where the screen is black & has a chocobo & progress bar. After that, it crashed when trying to move on to the next download, where Rain, Lasswell, and Fina are on chocobos. Neither restarting the app or the iPod made a difference. It just kept crashing.

I figured, "Oh well. I don't play this on my iPod, so I was't expecting anything. No real loss from my point of view."

I just logged into the game on my Android tablet to spend my Raid Orbs, and discovered that the iOS compenstation was sitting in my inbox.

Thanks for the tip!

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

KDdidit posted:

Looking at you, guy with Bahamut and some weird TDH build

Oh god, you have him too?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
So, is Explorer Aileen pretty much only worth a drat if you managed to pull Cloud and at least one Elfreeda for their TMs? All I currently have access to is Butz' Doublehand and Aileen's if I feed her the moogles, but going the doublehand route kinda feels like a waste if I'm not going to be breaking 1200+ instead of just giving her dual wield.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I was hoping to pull an ExAileen for 10-man stuff, just to DW chain with normal Aileen.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cobalt60 posted:

I was hoping to pull an ExAileen for 10-man stuff, just to DW chain with normal Aileen.

Can't Lara also chain pretty well with her Open Wounds? Or is there a dual wield delay?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

E Aileen can do about as much damage in TDH as DW if you have a normal Aileen and you happen to have two artisans one for each AND you don't break the chain in between which is incredibly difficult.

She also has strong breaks which means you can save a spot reserved for 9s on someone else

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Any chance you can throw him up a second time? I pulled Bea and want that eye patch!

Friend request will be from DrManatee

He's back up, let me know when you're done with him!

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Scrublord Prime posted:

Trance is a BEAST! Thank you so much!

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Office Thug posted:

He's back up, let me know when you're done with him!

Thanks for the help, I really think you goons are the best.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Someone noticed that they left a unit space between 6* Lara and the gacha units so there's a good chance she'll get a 7* form eventually.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

If anyone is only using android devices, and still wants the iOS compensation, Amazon device farm (https://aws.amazon.com/device-farm/) works. You'll need to enter a cc (but it's amazon, and not some random unknown company at least) and then you get 2 1/2 hours free. I'd recommend requesting several different iphone 5c (I got an v 9.0 one after about 40 minutes). Then you just need to log into the app store, download ffbe, log into facebook through it, and you're good. More info in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/83wsky/ios_compensation_for_android_users_read_inside/

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
Cartoon man, you rule my man. Aigaion down, in 4 hours 15 mins. Didn't know how I was going to get that no magic objective but here I am now, smiting people with World Destroyer. Ahhh. My team was Ok and B2 for damage. Your Tilith for heals, and Lunera for mp and buffs, Rikku for mitigation/raises/ult, WoL to eat half the Left arm smashes. Phew, now my OK breaks the 1000 atk mark, ahhhh awesome stuff.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Trance is a BEAST! Thank you so much!

:hfive:

If you still need to grind the FF9 event for more tickets she can solo the LGD boss as well. Escape from the trash mobs (they only drop 1-8 tickets each), kill any bonus mobs, and just nuke Beatrix since she can't hurt T.Terra.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Wyrmthang posted:

Cartoon man, you rule my man. Aigaion down, in 4 hours 15 mins. Didn't know how I was going to get that no magic objective but here I am now, smiting people with World Destroyer. Ahhh. My team was Ok and B2 for damage. Your Tilith for heals, and Lunera for mp and buffs, Rikku for mitigation/raises/ult, WoL to eat half the Left arm smashes. Phew, now my OK breaks the 1000 atk mark, ahhhh awesome stuff.

I got the body down below 70% in like 20 minutes but forgot world destroyer was a thing. So I’m going to have to go back in considering that.

WKN is a beast. Roy is a beast.

*So I have an odd question - is world destroyer dodgeable and/or will cover trigger for it? I’m thinking of taking full evade Basch instead of worrying about bringing Rikku. But I don’t know how hybrid attacks interact with evasion or cover.

E: probably just bring dv and count the turns. I survived the first one without expecting it with just breaks and buffs. The dr ability on top should probably do the trick.

* - googling actually worked. Looks like magic cover does the trick.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 13, 2018

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Thanks for the help, I really think you goons are the best.

Glad I could help! Switching back to my LGD carry Noctis build!

Ugato posted:

*So I have an odd question - is world destroyer dodgeable and/or will cover trigger for it? I’m thinking of taking full evade Basch instead of worrying about bringing Rikku. But I don’t know how hybrid attacks interact with evasion or cover.

E: probably just bring dv and count the turns. I survived the first one without expecting it with just breaks and buffs. The dr ability on top should probably do the trick.

* - googling actually worked. Looks like magic cover does the trick.

Magic/Physical attacks that deal Physical/Magic/Hybrid damage are where FFBE shows its really weird side, but an easy way to figure out what you're dealing with is to just check here: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Mechanics#Damage_Types

Basically, most of the important poo poo you care about depends on the Attack typing: Physical, Magical, Hybrid, or Fixed. At this stage, your Cover type, Evasion type, Damage Reduction types (including from SPR and DEF), Elemental resistance reductions, and so on are taken into account.

The Damage type is literally just which one(s) of ATK or/and MAG are going to be used in calculating the big 100% damage number that all your defense stats/buffs, determined by the Attack Type as being applicable, will be used to reduce that damage number.

So Aigaion's Left Arm "Burst" attack is a Magic attack (type = Magic) that deals Physical damage. What that means is that the Left Arm's ATK stat (physical damage) will be used to calculate the actual damage number that your tank will need to deal with. But, instead of using Physical Evasion/Physical Damage Reduction/DEF to reduce that attack's damage, your tank will be using Magical Evasion/Magical Damage Reduction/SPR instead, and will cover against it using Magic Cover instead of Physical Cover (although the Mitigation stat for Magic Covers will apply to a Magic attack that deals Physical damage).

For World Destroyer, it's a Magic attack that deals Hybrid damage. The only thing that does is it splits the damage multiplier into one half being from ATK and the other from MAG. However, and this is super important, it will be reduced entirely by Magic stats, such as Magic Damage Reduction, Magic Evasion, and SPR. So you can double-down on Magic tank stats and not worry about the attack actually requiring both Physical and Magical defense stats to tank.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 13, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wyrmthang posted:

Cartoon man, you rule my man.

:hfive:

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Could you swap back to Tillith? I need a second go at the world destroyer.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ugato posted:

Could you swap back to Tillith? I need a second go at the world destroyer.

All done, good luck.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
How big is the download of the latest boyband Final Fantasy on steam? I'm considering getting it, but the required space says 100gigs and my connection loving sucks.

Edit: oh my bad, i thought this was a FF megathread in my rush

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 13, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dongattack posted:

How big is the download of the latest boyband Final Fantasy on steam? I'm considering getting it, but the required space says 100gigs and my connection loving sucks.

Edit: oh my bad, i thought this was a FF megathread in my rush

Stick around, we have all the fan favorite Final Fantasy characters like Lara Croft, Ariana Grande, and Bedile.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cartoon Man posted:

All done, good luck.

All done, sir. I will probably pester you at some point for your Marie on Malboro once I get the time to take a go at it.

If anyone cares, magic cover does the trick for genocide beam and world destroyer. The robo fist is still an issue while the left arm is up if you don’t have a magic tank with really high armor. Once I got the left arm down, though, my team basically took 0 damage the entire time between Noel provoking and Basch covering. The threshold World Destroyer did about 11-12k to him with Roy song up and in full evasion gear. I didn’t use water on Aigaion before world destroyer either.

Warb0ss
Jul 22, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Okay, done. I've been carried through a lot by my goonfriends, I'm always happy to return the favor. Use my Fohlen. Just set it to auto (with limit breaks enabled) and you should get all the missions. You may miss the trust Moogle one (finish with a limit break) but he's more likely to get that one than not.

I believe we are friends.

Any chance you can clear me a spot on your list? I could use a gilg carry.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Stick around, we have all the fan favorite Final Fantasy characters like Lara Croft, Ariana Grande, and Bedile.

To be fair, Tomb Raider is a Squeenix property now.

Warb0ss posted:

Any chance you can clear me a spot on your list? I could use a gilg carry.

Sure! 634,188,308.

Anyone who needs a carry is welcome, though my particular method of macroing requires a full list I've got a little under 10 inactive goons that could be let go in favor of active ones, so don't be afraid to add me or make noise if I'm full!

Warb0ss
Jul 22, 2011

Sure! 634,188,308.

Anyone who needs a carry is welcome, though my particular method of macroing requires a full list I've got a little under 10 inactive goons that could be let go in favor of active ones, so don't be afraid to add me or make noise if I'm full!

Sent! My main char is Olive. Thanks so much

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

I think everyone is pretty much over being fair to Gumi.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BGrifter posted:

I think everyone is pretty much over being fair to Gumi.

Fair enough, but this is obviously a Squeenix synergy thing.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

If anyone could use a magic cover tank, I should have a bis chow tomorrow. Just need to remember to actually beat shertan

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

ZarathustraFollower posted:

If anyone could use a magic cover tank, I should have a bis chow tomorrow. Just need to remember to actually beat shertan

What is BIS Chow? Isn’t BIS for a tank very situational?

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

BDawg posted:

What is BIS Chow? Isn’t BIS for a tank very situational?
I mean as a magic cover tank, so maxing health and spirit, the build here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7w78tw/unit_review_chow_final_fantasy_brave_exvius/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, Chow isn't great for physical tanking, he's got built-in camouflage. I thought I could make him a physical provoke tank, but we don't have the equipment at this point.

• Locked thread