Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I mis Harry Reid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Orange Devil posted:

How the gently caress is Trump's approval rating not going down?

40.6% approve is like, 101,5 million people. And it´s been an upward trend for months now.

What in the goddamn gently caress is wrong with you people?

It's the libs fault, they're just being so smug about all this

Dinosaurtrain
Mar 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/973635088243191811

lol what the gently caress

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Krispy Wafer posted:

People vote with their pocketbooks and wallets. He'd be in the 20's or lower if the economy sucked.

But as you can see with PA-18, 40% approval ratings don't translate well. At the very least Trump has zero coat tails for Republicans.

I think it doesn't help that they keep picking the worst candidates possible. They jumped from a sex offender to a torture pen handler.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Orange Devil posted:

How the gently caress is Trump's approval rating not going down?

40.6% approve is like, 101,5 million people. And it´s been an upward trend for months now.

What in the goddamn gently caress is wrong with you people?

You will experience fear that you've never felt before.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

That's a big pile of nothing. Let me know when the judge actually rules on the motion to dismiss

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Atomic waste would probably get 40% approval in this country.

I would vote for atomic waste, that guy can really irradiate the Swamp

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

InnercityGriot posted:

Chuck Schumer is a real weak rear end, who exactly does the Democratic urge to constantly play nice resonate with?

schumer's main political concern in 2018 is defending his red-state democrats. most (not all) of what he does this thread doesn't like is based on that.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/politico/status/973622243166244864

I guess we went for a Science Victory or most points at the end of 200 rounds

Definitely not a cultural or religious victory

From a few pages ago, but this is a good post.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Crow Jane posted:

Also, between Tillerson, Stormy, and the Return of the Needle tonight, I am so not getting any work done today.

Slacker

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/joshgerstein/status/973602378355302400

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

The ascendance of Gina Haspel, notable for being a torturer, to lead the CIA has reminded me that Obama refused to prosecute Bush administration torturers because he wanted to 'look forward not backward' or some poo poo.

What are the chances that, should the Democrats retake congress, they will once again capitulate and refuse to thoroughly investigate / prosecute Trump administration corruption out of some misguided desire to 'move on' -- especially people who had already left the administration at that time?

Seems real fuckin' likely to me.

gosh, I dunno, maybe we could look at what House and Senate Democrats are pushing for right now

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

If you aren't stealing from your employer, you're stealing from your family.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

schumer's main political concern in 2018 is defending his red-state democrats. most (not all) of what he does this thread doesn't like is based on that.

If he's doing this to save those seats, he's a moron.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Dinosaurtrain posted:

Guys, relax, John Bolton isn't getting nominated for anything.

Come on Donald, tell Bolton to shave his mustache in exchange for a leading role in your administration, then loudly announce him as the new ambassador to Palau.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Glazier posted:

If you aren't stealing from your employer, you're stealing from your family.

Plus we get NEA funding, so technically I'm stealing from the government. I'm a hero, if you think about it :colbert:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yess eat poo poo and die you dumb gently caress

Ague Proof posted:

Trump has filled his administration with spineless cowards (trademarked by Covok) who won't say anything no matter how much he abuses them.

If Mattis goes he'll sound a lot like Tilleson did.
Do you think Mattis is some kind of pussy? Leaving quietly without extensive twitter rants has probably more to do with being an adult professional, unlike the POTUS.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

empty whippet box posted:

Brilliant! You see, when the democrats one day want to get a very leftist candidate confirmed through the senate, the Republicans will remember this day and say to themselves "you know, the democrats heard our candidates out. maybe we should hear their candidates out too." And this will all be worth it. I'm glad our leaders have the wisdom and maturity to know that this type of relationship is built upon nonpartisan action like this. :downs:

It's more likely he's playing to a public who is out there saying "It's not fair that he won't at least give them a chance to speak." instead of senate Republicans. Now the fact that these people may or may not be paying attention, be willing to change their vote, or exist is debatable but.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Big deal it’s just salad. Tillerson got him when it became publically known that he called Trump a moron. So basically Tillerson called Trump a moron in public and Trump didn’t do poo poo about it for months.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tough to get polonium poisoning in prison I bet.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

empty whippet box posted:

Tough to get polonium poisoning in prison I bet.

when authorities come looking for him after missing a court date they'll just find the GPS monitors attached to bloody stumps.

Manafort at large, baby!

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

So Putin might have got another one?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/europe/nikolai-glushkov-russia-intl/index.html

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

The order seems pretty boilerplate to me, and it's just justifying the same restrictions the other court imposed. Neat language, not actually relevant.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Manafort knows he is getting pardoned, along with everyone else, when Trump leaves office at the latest. It would be his perfect last act of defiance if voted out in 2020.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Eltoasto posted:

Manafort knows he is getting pardoned, along with everyone else, when Trump leaves office at the latest. It would be his perfect last act of defiance if voted out in 2020.

mueller has avoided charging manafort with certain crimes that would be gimmies that all happen to overlap with crimes that new york state could charge him with, which is relevant because new york has special double jeopardy laws prohibiting charging someone with a state crime that mirrors a federal crime they were charged with

he has also been widely reported as having been working with NY's AG, and his plea bargains always require testimony in state court if required

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

evilweasel posted:

mueller has avoided charging manafort with certain crimes that would be gimmies that all happen to overlap with crimes that new york state could charge him with, which is relevant because new york has special double jeopardy laws prohibiting charging someone with a state crime that mirrors a federal crime they were charged with

he has also been widely reported as having been working with NY's AG, and his plea bargains always require testimony in state court if required

If this is truly what he’s doing, then this is a major “gently caress you” to the president, and I love it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

evilweasel posted:

Could they not charge those now and hold them if he is pardoned down the road though? Or do we expect those charges would come at the same time as everything else?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Eltoasto posted:

Could they not charge those now and hold them if he is pardoned down the road though? Or do we expect those charges would come at the same time as everything else?

Not under New York's laws. Under New York law, as soon as he's charged federally, he can't be charged by New York. The point is to close the "dual sovereign" double jeopardy loophole, where its not double jeopardy if the feds charge you with a crime, you're found not guilty, and then a state charges you with the same crime. So by not charging Manafort at all with those crimes, Mueller ensures New York can charge him if need be.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

Jesus loving Christ.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

evilweasel posted:

Plus the fastest way to kill someone's career, life, and reputation appears to be "put them in Trump's White House." Hold a hearing to make the guy look like an rear end, but confirm him and then watch him suffer. Protect any vulnerable red-state Democrats and take Congress. That is the only thing that can be done to reverse the damage done thus far.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

drat, if true then Russia is basically fearless to any fallout that might come from this assassination campaign.

Also, the ex KGB guy that was killed last week apparently was warned beforehand by I think another current or former Russian Intel agent. And apparently Putin has a list of people he wants to wack. Included in that list is Christopher Steele.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Manafort is absolutely looking at jail time or a plea deal.

Why do you think he wants changes to his house arrest terms? If the judges give him the wiggle room he is on a flight to a non-extradition country in a heartbeat.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

sean10mm posted:

Obviously his popularity should be 0.0, but no president has been this unpopular this soon in their term, it literally has never happened.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/226154/trump-first-year-job-approval-worst-points.aspx

Atomic waste would probably get 40% approval in this country.

Atomz can be used in breeder reactor for clean CO2 free energy.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Plus the fastest way to kill someone's career, life, and reputation appears to be "put them in Trump's White House." Hold a hearing to make the guy look like an rear end, but confirm him and then watch him suffer. Protect any vulnerable red-state Democrats and take Congress. That is the only thing that can be done to reverse the damage done thus far.

In this case, the guy might legit get us involved in a war before the end of the calendar year, though

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Pepes are boycotting Netflix now that Obama is getting a show on it.

They are taking credit for its stock tanking.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ague Proof posted:

Pepes are boycotting Netflix now that Obama is getting a show on it.

They are taking credit for its stock tanking.

They take credit for the sun rising in the morning, who cares what Pepes think

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Charliegrs posted:

drat, if true then Russia is basically fearless to any fallout that might come from this assassination campaign.

Also, the ex KGB guy that was killed last week apparently was warned beforehand by I think another current or former Russian Intel agent. And apparently Putin has a list of people he wants to wack. Included in that list is Christopher Steele.

This whole spy business was a lot classier in media about the Cold War, when it was all chess masters and defecting Olympians.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Alter Ego posted:

Netflix kinda sucks anyway, but I'd wager the boycotters don't even have Netflix subscriptions so w/e

netflix is shelling out ludicrous amounts of money for movies nobody else wants which is probably the actual reason their stock is tanking

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Alter Ego posted:

Netflix kinda sucks anyway

So edgy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Not sure why you think this is a hot take, because:

evilweasel posted:

netflix is shelling out ludicrous amounts of money for movies nobody else wants which is probably the actual reason their stock is tanking

• Locked thread