Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Would that be acting though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

He sounds like Gru from Despicable Me at times, lmao.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I would honestly like to spend some more time with the Joker who's a lawless prop comic, and not a serial killer with a clown motif.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I miss the Mark Hamil "Just a cackling rear end in a top hat who robs banks" Joker.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I want to believe that on a certain level he thinks this is a real audition

I mean, at this point Tommy Wiseau has failed upward into millions of dollars and a golden globes stage appearance, so who are we to say that it's not?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
We all know Tommy Wiseau should play Doctor Doom. His unplaceable accent would be perfect for a Latverian.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Rough Lobster posted:

We all know Tommy Wiseau should play Doctor Doom. His unplaceable accent would be perfect for a Latverian.

I really want to hear him yell "Richaaaaarrrds!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/mrfeelswildride/status/973288876570587137

I... I thought Black Panther was my Black Panther.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Lurdiak posted:

I don't know who should be more insulted, Black Panther or geeks.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lurdiak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_miCS3HO9w

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Kill everything and start over; we've officially ruined it all.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Can I turn in my Geek card voluntarily, like resign or something? I think I'm finally ready to go full Hipster.

(P.S. wouldn't Lord of the Rings have been the "geek" equivalent of "our Black Panther" not that that was such a monumental moment for me.)

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Can I turn in my Geek card voluntarily, like resign or something? I think I'm finally ready to go full Hipster.

(P.S. wouldn't Lord of the Rings have been the "geek" equivalent of "our Black Panther" not that that was such a monumental moment for me.)

There is no geek equivalent of Black Panther because geeks are not an oppressed class.

If you wanted to confine your discussions purely to the Hollywood custom of partitioning off genre and perceived-genre* films into lower budget tiers with inadequate studio backing, then you can make a somewhat tortured analogy that LotR broke fantasy out of its box in the same way that Black panther has hopefully broken black-led cast movies out of that box.

*ie, if there are too many black actors in a film, regardless of the subject matter, studios put it in the "black film" box and cuts its budget by 75%.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can we start oppressing nerds?

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
I thought Revenge of the Nerds was our Black Panther!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The worst about that quote is that RPO is just a white nerd power fantasy, as its about a schlubby white guy who spends all his time jerking off over family ties and wargames and that wins them lots of money and gets them laid IRL.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I hated that book with a passion and now my friends are so psyched to see the movie that I'll have to hate my life all over again.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The only reason at all I want to see RPO is because it's Spielberg.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Can we start oppressing nerds?

https://vimeo.com/259783603

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shawn posted:

I thought Revenge of the Nerds was our Black Panther!

Revenge of the Nerds was our Catwoman.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
All those anti-bullying PSAs were a mistake

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Bruceski posted:

Revenge of the Nerds was our Catwoman.

Thank you.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

twistedmentat posted:

The worst about that quote is that RPO is just a white nerd power fantasy, as its about a schlubby white guy who spends all his time jerking off over family ties and wargames and that wins them lots of money and gets them laid IRL.
Man I really need to get working on my novel, if RPO can have success, why can't my self insert attempts at writing positive power fantasies work.

The answer is of course I procrastinate and I can't come up with any good stakes to make the whole plot work.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

achillesforever6 posted:

Man I really need to get working on my novel, if RPO can have success, why can't my self insert attempts at writing positive power fantasies work.

The answer is of course I procrastinate and I can't come up with any good stakes to make the whole plot work.

Neither could Cline, he just cribbed it from ten different movies.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

achillesforever6 posted:

I admit 100% that part of my hatred is that Cline wrote and got a book published. My biggest stumbling block is just the opening. Once I get that, I have everything worked out.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Neither could Cline, he just cribbed it from ten different movies.

It's basically a essay from a bad high school student who just copyed stuff from better sources.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think this Nine Inch Nails song is about Ready Player One hitting theaters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSOseRFrXIc

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

twistedmentat posted:

I admit 100% that part of my hatred is that Cline wrote and got a book published. My biggest stumbling block is just the opening. Once I get that, I have everything worked out.
You could just bull past it and come back later.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

We have a new Superman and it's NIC CAGE in the Teen Titans Go! movie

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2018/03/12/exclusive-halsey-plays-wonder-woman-lil-yachty-green-lantern-teen-titans-go/415282002/

Also Lil Yachty will be Green Lantern and Halsey will be Wonder Woman. I wouldn't expect much more than quick scene for any of these three honestly.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I hope it's Con Air Nicolas Cage

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

RevKrule posted:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2018/03/12/exclusive-halsey-plays-wonder-woman-lil-yachty-green-lantern-teen-titans-go/415282002/

Also Lil Yachty will be Green Lantern and Halsey will be Wonder Woman. I wouldn't expect much more than quick scene for any of these three honestly.

Never stop chasing your dreams

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

hiddenriverninja posted:

I hope it's Con Air Nicolas Cage

I hope it's "Kick rear end" Nicolas Cage.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jiro posted:

I hope it's "Kick rear end" Nicolas Cage.

Con Air Nick Cage as Superman, KickAss Nick Cage as Batman. Problem solved.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

RevKrule posted:

I hope Lil Uzi Vert will be Batman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrsFXgQk5UI

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Batman has already been in the show, voiced by Khary Payton (Cyborg), so I don't know if they'll carry that over or get a guest for the movie appearance.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Con Air Nick Cage as Superman, KickAss Nick Cage as Batman Clark Kent. Problem solved.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
They get Affleck to do it. This counts as one of his contracted films.

Casting Nic Cage as Superman is great though, it's a very specific reference and I am glad for it.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I hope they shoot Kryptonite Bees at him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Bunch of images from Infinity War, nothing too spoilery

https://imgur.com/a/4B6Zv

The biggest thing I'm worried about is Thor and the Guardians stuff happens as a b story, and them getting to earth is going to be right at the end, because seriously, thats what I want to see the most in this movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

They shouldn't even be on earth, that story happens in a weird throne in space.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

God, I hope we get the weird floating space-throne. That's the only really good part of th comic.

Lovin Rhodesy's robo-pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is the off-brand Black Widow movie good? I mean, it counts as a BSS movie right?

• Locked thread