Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Reverend Dr posted:

Some choices just make themselves.

inb4 lovely 2020 dem slogan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scent of Worf posted:

i too am kind of tired of bernie. i'm debating whether to go full sjw :/

go back to d&d if you tire of bernie

this is an all points bernietin

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Is that lamb dude bad. He seems bleh from what little I've seen but the local unions seem to like him

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://twitter.com/nationalparke/status/973653573924990978

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chucktesla posted:

Is that lamb dude bad. He seems bleh from what little I've seen but the local unions seem to like him

he's probably bad but we still need to get rid of every last republican

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ok this is pretty badical

one of my favorite early corbyn things was him shaming people in parliament by showing pictures of grotesque bomb-mangled bodies when they voted to continue selling bombs to saudi. it ruled because people were like "this so undecorous!!! how can he torture us like this by making us look at these ghastly photos!"

e: or maybe it was momentum people at some intra labour thing i dunno

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 21:42 on Mar 13, 2018

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

As someone who has both Latino and Arab blood in him, who grew up in one of these 1/3rd GDP states, and moved to one of the liberal cities in a state on the coast, Hillary can just gently caress right off.

She is literally the personification of the disconnected rich white coastal elite who hates those drat dirty poors. She's a charactiture of the Hunger Games elities.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

SKULL.GIF posted:

he's probably bad but we still need to get rid of every last republican

Not sure why we need this intermediate step if they're going to vote for most of the same poo poo. Jones is giving me some serious incrementalism blues.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/Jandelliott/status/973654024372342789

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
I hate her so much and I regret voting for her and getting others to vote for her who told me she's so poo poo that they dont even wanna vote but I told em "BUT TRUMP! BUT TRUMP!" and she went and fuckin lost anyway cuz she cant stand going to small towns and energizing the small town southern minority vote like obama did.

Like seriously obama toured this whole poo poo area. Easily worth another 10 15 thousand votes but Hill couldnt be caught dead outside of charlotte cuz we dont matter.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Zhulik posted:

Not sure why we need this intermediate step if they're going to vote for most of the same poo poo. Jones is giving me some serious incrementalism blues.

I mean I agree but I'd much rather deal with the blue dogs as the rightmost party in this country than the nazis

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Shear Modulus posted:

the fat chapo guy

you're going to have to be more specific

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you're going to have to be more specific

the pawg, matthew

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Chucktesla posted:

he's a pro-gun, anti-abortion ex-marine

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

freckle posted:

the pawg, matthew

oh wait no it was will

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/973577309251915781

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

:catstare:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

i mean we've already had a cia director president at this point it doesnt matter

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Joementum posted:

Yes but is he bad?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

My lawyer/financial advisor brother was talking about how he really wanted to know how this lawsuit was gonna go down, because the repercussions of what you can sue for and who is liable for damages is so incredibly massive. He was certain they were rightfully going to be driven out of business from the payout, and he was glad for it because of how lovely credit rating is as an institution.

I'm sure he's happy to learn the consequences will be nil. I sure am! I'm glad a business can be given special privileges with data, gently caress up, and suffer NO CONSEQUENCES.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
they're job creators; therefore,

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/973682744554348544

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8p4Ke-LWXE

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

Not just ex-marine, ex-marine prosector. So both a cop and a troop. But he did prosecute marines themselves, in Okinawa no less, for rape.

He's also once of those "personally anti-abortion, but will defend all abortion rights to my death" democrats.

So in conclusion, he is a Lamb of contrasts.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Vox Nihili posted:

So in conclusion, he is a Lamb of contrasts.

Swingin for the fences here lmao

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
that's a threadtitlin

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

mike pompeo...... welcome to the resistance

christ what the gently caress happened to samantha power?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Grondoth posted:

My lawyer/financial advisor brother was talking about how he really wanted to know how this lawsuit was gonna go down, because the repercussions of what you can sue for and who is liable for damages is so incredibly massive. He was certain they were rightfully going to be driven out of business from the payout, and he was glad for it because of how lovely credit rating is as an institution.

I'm sure he's happy to learn the consequences will be nil. I sure am! I'm glad a business can be given special privileges with data, gently caress up, and suffer NO CONSEQUENCES.

Did you expect the finance sector to get punished for something?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

A reminder that if every dem holds firm and you get 1 or 2 republican peel offs, you could prevent pompeo from being confirmed. but instead chuckle gently caress wants to hear him out.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

lmao this op ed is ridiculous.

quote:

Ridiculed as “Obama holdovers” and unable to defend policies that depart so markedly from American interests, our diplomatic corps has been hollowed out. If Mike Pompeo, the director of the C.I.A., wins confirmation as Rex Tillerson’s replacement as secretary of state, fixing this would become his responsibility. He can’t change the president, but he can make it his mission to revitalize America’s diplomatic corps and get back to trying to solve problems in the real world.

Mr. Pompeo should start by putting forward nominations for dozens of open foreign ambassadorships (including key posts like Egypt, Jordan, South Korea, Turkey and South Africa). This would give us the means of engaging officials in those countries — to promote investment, protect Americans abroad and combat terrorism. It would also send a signal that diplomats matter.

But after the murder of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others in Benghazi in 2012, American diplomats again retreated. The partisan investigation into what happened there, which Mr. Pompeo helped politicize, served only to distract from the State Department’s real work and deter the kind of activist diplomacy needed in a rapidly changing global landscape.

More than a year of insults, chaos, falsehoods and the severing of international agreements have unsurprisingly brought about a precipitous drop in the standing and influence of the United States around the world. It may be that no Trump appointee can remedy that or attract diplomats to serve under a commander in chief who seems to hold diplomacy in contempt.

But Mr. Pompeo has to try. Even an effort at transformation could help us retain and attract diplomats, do some good around the world and restore bipartisan support for diplomacy. Dag Hammarskjold, a former secretary general of the United Nations, once noted that it “was not created to bring us to heaven but in order to save us from hell.” In these dark times, that sounds like a worthy ambition for America’s 70th secretary of state.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/Hatewatch/status/973703641726144512

cucked

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

so his mother in law?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Work/School: White Nationalists

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

When dose philly results coming in

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

2016 left a lot of people convinced that the wokest thing is to be not woke

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

WITNESS THE RUTHLESSNESS OF MY EXISTANCE
https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/973706826129838084

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

I'm not reading this but I'm assuming that headline isn't just followed up by BUT HE WON'T LOLOLOLOLOLOL which would be the correct way to finish that article.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

she found out what side of the bread was buttered

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the op ed is amazing it says that pompeo has a chance to fix american diplomacy after rex stripped the state department to the bone and also has the chance to make up for his sins of politicizing benghazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

nothing. her whole deal is that the US should intervene in every conflict.

• Locked thread