Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I have a feeling the boys have some sort of unannounced thing at DragonCon that weekend and scheduled the show for the same time so they don't have to go there twice.

Oh man, going to a live TAZ show during Dragoncon feels like it could be either amazing or absolutely terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

AzureFlame posted:

The new merch store has lots of new Amnesty merch. But nothing for Dust and Commitment :(.

what's the link? mcelroymerch.com is showing as under construction?

Edit: Oh https://store.dftba.com/collections/mcelroy

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Zeeman posted:

Oh man, going to a live TAZ show during Dragoncon feels like it could be either amazing or absolutely terrible

I think the Mbmbam show is at the same time as the usual aquarium party, so i haven't decided yet if I want to go see the brothers or get drunk with turtles instead.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

AzureFlame posted:

The new merch store has lots of new Amnesty merch. But nothing for Dust and Commitment :(.

I guess they've decided on which one they're going with, then. Hmm.

Also, is MaxFun not using Topatoco, or are just the McElroy's moving there?

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I think the Mbmbam show is at the same time as the usual aquarium party, so i haven't decided yet if I want to go see the brothers or get drunk with turtles instead.

What if the brothers were the turtles?

Acute Grill fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 13, 2018

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Acute Grill posted:

What if the brothers were the turtles?

MaxFun has used Topatoco for years.

I know, but all of the McElroy merch is on DFTBA, and I just checked and while most MaxFun stuff is still on Topatoco, there's only 2 things from TAZ and nothing from MBMBaM anymore, so I was just wondering if the whole site was going over.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If anyone has seen both live, which would this thread recommend I see next month? MBMBaM or TAZ? In a perfect world I would see both, but I do not live in a perfect world.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Fraternal Order of Brothers is still very funny to me

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

SpacePig posted:

I know, but all of the McElroy merch is on DFTBA, and I just checked and while most MaxFun stuff is still on Topatoco, there's only 2 things from TAZ and nothing from MBMBaM anymore, so I was just wondering if the whole site was going over.

Yeah, sorry, I realized what you were actually asking after I posted that. I wouldn't be surprised if the McElroys have enough clout to go do their own thing, though DFTBA is pretty on-brand for MaxFun as a whole so who knows.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I can buy that Horse MBMBAM/TAZ poster :dance:

Why do I feel like Amnesty tapped into enough of the Homestuck/Gravity Falls/whatever folks that buy things they like on twitter/Tumblr, which motivated all the merch?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it could also just be that Dust has barely started and Commitment had like zero things interesting enough to make merch for

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I certainly hope that's the case. I could not have been less into amnesty.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I feel bad for dumping on Commitment because what could you really expect of Clint's first go but MAN that thing was boring.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

Speak for yourselves I would buy a dad map poster

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
Commitment started off kind of slow, but really picked up once the action started.

Serf
May 5, 2011

McElroy Brothers Enjoy 15 Non-Recorded Minutes

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Rodyle posted:

I feel bad for dumping on Commitment because what could you really expect of Clint's first go but MAN that thing was boring.

It had its moments (Justin's character was so good), and I really liked the idea of the abandoned Jesus park as a setpiece. I don't think it was bad, just super straightforward and pretty obviously not something anyone was planning to continue with after it was over

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Between the worst opening bit in recent memory, trying to continue a bit into the Money Zone, and egging on discussion of Justin's gross-rear end mug, Travis was not on his game this week.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Actually, I would have preferred a much deeper dive into Justin’s mugsmell.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

I am still running off of "Imagine an Egg" goodwill

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

43 dollars, oofa doofa that's some change. Oh well. I can take that much.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
This is Polygon/McElroy adjacent, but gently caress it I'm posting it here

https://twitter.com/Pizza_Suplex/status/973593074055172098

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Pat is my favorite McElroy

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
He did a Splatoon stream on his own twitch channel last night with Allegra Frank where he explained to her, in its entirety, the "smash mouth eat the eggs" saga, before doing what I assumed was a flawless impression of the main guy.

Pat will never let us down.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Boy, finally got around to this week's episode, and the first 15 minutes of it was my least favorite portion of the Dust arc yet.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

No love for Lynyrd Skynyrd loving IT Cat?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Do you think Griffin got the idea for Errol from the time that his dog surgery reversed itself?

Pronounced
Aug 18, 2013

BigRed0427 posted:

No love for Lynyrd Skynyrd loving IT Cat?

Just let him go to school.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Ariong posted:

Do you think Griffin got the idea for Errol from the time that his dog surgery reversed itself?

Is it bad that I can't tell if this is a joke about Second Life Second Chances or a body bit that Griffin has done in MBMBaM? I have such a hard time keeping up with Griffin's weird poo poo sometimes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Furiously refreshing the Ticketmaster page for 20 minutes

Serf
May 5, 2011

"griffin has been turned into a dog" is one of those bits that i can't remember without also remembering the hundred hours or so i spent playing warframe with the sound off listening to mbmbam. i think there was like an "arc" of episodes where the brothers were working for powerade or something and they had a handler named carlos?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The

The presale sold out in less than a minute

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
his name is Chaz, and he was rebranded for Cycle 2.0 (powerade presents my brother my brother and me, boys in the house)

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The Orlando show pre-sale seems to be open only to the venue's paid members.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

YEAH!!!

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Well Atlanta TAZ tickets seem to be impossible to get

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
managed to pull two front row tickets for MBMBAM Atlanta! I guess everyone else was hammering the TAZ page. Also got a not-as-good seat for that.

Seemed to go off without a hitch, but there is one fun venue oddity - they let you pick seats for TAZ, but for MBMBAM you had to use the seat finder thingy and take what they found you. Also all of the seats in the whole theater are $37.50 for TAZ and $40 for MBMBAM; well done boys

Zeeman posted:

Well Atlanta TAZ tickets seem to be impossible to get

I see tons of balcony tickets left on the seat map??

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

I see tons of balcony tickets left on the seat map??

Yeah, I finally stopped letting Ticketmaster try to choose my seat and just went for those. Not ecstatic about paying $53 per ticket to sit up there after fees but at least I got a couple.

e: Oh wait, check that, the website broke again. This is very frustrating

e2: OK, finally actually got my tickets

Zeeman fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Mar 14, 2018

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

The downside of live shows is there will be that number fewer real episodes, and I feel like the McElroys are constantly over-scheduling themselves considering they all have young kids. But, I bet they make a lot more money doing live shows so such is life. They're getting less painful to listen to as they figure out ways to weed out the bad questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They also typically hold on to the live shows to act as a buffer for if they're unable to record a certain week, so it really doesn't affect anything about the number of "real episodes"