Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

theflyingorc posted:

It was literally an overloading of the live database due to increased player activity in Agartha. We could have had QA on it for 6 months and they wouldn't have found this.

I'll be honest dood, it doesn't matter. Having a major content patch come out and then having an issue that almost wipes a character is a bad look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Exmond posted:

I'll be honest dood, it doesn't matter. Having a major content patch come out and then having an issue that almost wipes a character is a bad look.
I'm not happy it happened, but it didn't "almost wipe a character". I agree that it doesn't look as professional as we would like.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It doesn't wipe a character at all, it just completely fails to load them.

If you walk into London, you're fine.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It's not as bad as Issue 6 breaking the game for players or the Mayan kill boards. But there's a track record of content patches leading to hilariously broken things.

thwoompa
Nov 9, 2004

My fanfiction makes baby Jesus cry
Does the /smile feature still exist, i know the fixed most of the "good bugs"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Len posted:

It's not as bad as Issue 6 breaking the game for players or the Mayan kill boards. But there's a track record of content patches leading to hilariously broken things.

Or the idiot who broke the exchange...(me)

thwoompa posted:

Does the /smile feature still exist, i know the fixed most of the "good bugs"
I am doing everything in my power to make sure we never fix that bug

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

Or the idiot who broke the exchange...(me)

I thought you guys fixed the naked bald situation. Here is today:

Went to Agartha through a portal. Basically if you want to travel anywhere through agartha - you can't

Heh, mission that was supposed to take 8 mins now has 7 hours remaining.

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Feb 28, 2018

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
At least the mission is appropriately named.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Sekenr posted:

Heh, mission that was supposed to take 8 mins now has 7 hours remaining.

...I don't think we have 8 minute missions?

that was an 8 hour mission

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

theflyingorc posted:

I've followed none of the agent system because I have enough timer games on my phone.

Can I speed it up if I choose to by spending money or watching an ad?!

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Len posted:

I've followed none of the agent system because I have enough timer games on my phone.

Can I speed it up if I choose to by spending money or watching an ad?!

Why yes, yes you can. For the low low cost of X Aurum you can speed up those timers!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Exmond posted:

Why yes, yes you can. For the low low cost of X Aurum you can speed up those timers!

Boy howdy! Is there a gacha mechanic where I can spend x in game currency for one shot at an agent level common to super ultra secret legendary agent or x aurum for a shot at a rare to super ultra secret legendary agent?

Does anyone have that post from the old TSW forums where a dev says the game won't be pay to win until they start selling lockboxes? I swear it came up in one of the SA threads but I haven't been able to refind it

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Len posted:

Boy howdy! Is there a gacha mechanic where I can spend x in game currency for one shot at an agent level common to super ultra secret legendary agent or x aurum for a shot at a rare to super ultra secret legendary agent?

no

Also, to quote our lead systems designer - "I don't really want people to expedite the missions, the time things take is designed around people not doing that"

We obviously left the option in, but the intention isn't for the system to be unaccessible if you don't give us cash like some other games.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

Hmm, I guess it was an 8 hour mission.

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 28, 2018

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Having done a few agent missions now I find the stories and the writing to be...underwhelming? Whatever the old writer was hired back for wasn't this. It's good writing for an intern though.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

theflyingorc posted:

no

Also, to quote our lead systems designer - "I don't really want people to expedite the missions, the time things take is designed around people not doing that"

We obviously left the option in, but the intention isn't for the system to be unaccessible if you don't give us cash like some other games.

I do not grasp why you did not make agent supports passive instead of equippable, after of course reducing the values.

This would incentivize collecting all of them for the final 40th agent, and reduce the disappointment of not getting the one-of-three agents best suited for your build. If at least one power of every agent was sufficiently generalist enough to benefit everyone, anyway.

As is, you have little incentive to level anyone aside from your ideal picks and mission runners. It baffles me greatly.

I can only imagine what Callie James has under this system that would make her remotely worth it.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 2, 2018

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Maybe increase dossier drop rate too? Why do you expect people to subscribe when it's kind of impossibl-ish to even get a second dossier, thus no reason to unlock second slot.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Eh, dossier price will tank within weeks.

An obvious issue is that we're going to get into yet another situation where all but a couple dossiers will be worth nothing. This would be partially alleviated by making them all worth something to every character, thereby transitioning the system from gear progression (as it is now, the agents are basically powerful pieces of gear) to character progression.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Tallgeese posted:

Eh, dossier price will tank within weeks.

An obvious issue is that we're going to get into yet another situation where all but a couple dossiers will be worth nothing. This would be partially alleviated by making them all worth something to every character, thereby transitioning the system from gear progression (as it is now, the agents are basically powerful pieces of gear) to character progression.
From looking at the achievements I think you don't unlock the second and third support slot until you've levelled like, 20 or 30 agents, so people are going to collect more than just the three with the best bonuses.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Pilchenstein posted:

From looking at the achievements I think you don't unlock the second and third support slot until you've levelled like, 20 or 30 agents, so people are going to collect more than just the three with the best bonuses.

It's 20, so it's better than 9 (3 per role), but that still makes 20 over that with little use aside from collection.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 6, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

theflyingorc posted:

man, I played TSW a good bit before the Big Reboot and never knew about that one

:shepface:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

GreyjoyBastard posted:

man, I played TSW a good bit before the Big Reboot and never knew about that one

:shepface:

Come back

It's free

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

theflyingorc posted:

Come back

It's free*

*please buy Aurum and subscribe to make it slightly less grindy

But all the story content is now free and you can pretty much cruise through it.*

*I'm a GM from the old game and as a result get the subscribers perks which are ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Any thoughts on letting sub keys auto-redeem without me bother to have to sign in daily guys?

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I'm not understanding something with the new agent system... My agent completes the mission with "outstanding results" but can still get incapacitated for 9 hours afterwards. Is agents being incapacitated 100% RNG?

EDIT: Oh, I found the answer. Little ? on the roster page answered me. Basically the more we use the same agent the higher the chance they will be incapacitated at the end of a mission. Don't use them for a period of time and they recover.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 11, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

theflyingorc posted:

Come back

It's free

Game definitely feels better than it used to. I'm like 2/3 through Solomon Island with blood as my main spec.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Holy poo poo guys it might actually happen?

https://www.secretworldlegends.com/2018/03/13/dawn-of-the-morninglight/

And there's new enemy character models!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Len posted:

funcom be... praised?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Len posted:

I'm scared and confused...

New...content

.?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I'm scared and confused...

New...content

.?

I mean it kind of looks like Scorched Desert with new mobs from the trailer so there's still the old budgetless Funcom we know and love in it.

I should rewatch and see if the double weapon glitch shows up like it did in the launch trailer from last summer.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Also is it just me or is the lip sync a lot worse in the trailer than it has been?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
gently caress!!!

Not South Africa.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
I guess it says a lot about current interest level in the game that the first new content in years is coming (and in under a month!) and it's barely gotten a half dozen comments here.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It's hard to be excited honestly. At this point I wish they would just write a novel and let me read the story.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Well, yeah its a scorched desert with that horrible shantytown we saw earlier. I wonder why they called it Deep agartha. For some reason next video that started to load was called "how old is too old for one night stands??"

There was a lot of talk on reddit about how to balance difficulty for both players who left after NY and those who continued grinding, well my heart tells me that the answer is ... 100% sabotage missions. Than it won't matter how strong you are!

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 14, 2018

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sekenr posted:

Well, yeah its a scorched desert with that horrible shantytown we saw earlier. I wonder why they called it Deep agartha. For some reason next video that started to load was called "how old is too old for one night stands??"

There was a lot of talk on reddit about how to balance difficulty for both players who left after NY and those who continued grinding, well my heart tells me that the answer is ... 100% sabotage missions. Than it won't matter how strong you are!

(Insert name here) Slayer of Angels, Killer of Gods, Possible Terrorist laid low by a robot with a stun gun. Should have stealthed better noob.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
It may be that Philip Marquard is able to suppress/nullify anima abilities at the compound--he's supposedly become pretty powerful, after all.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fantastic Flyer posted:

It may be that Philip Marquard is able to suppress/nullify anima abilities at the compound--he's supposedly become pretty powerful, after all.

I'm always worried that somebody else finds out about the smoke thing from the train mission. It makes bees placid. :ohdear:

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
In one of the Dragon rank-up missions you infiltrate an Orochi office and they've got the anima suppression turned on, it's not just for filth cultists anymore!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Even without anima I still have a giant hammer. If Orochi Drones only care about things in front of them there's no reason I can't walk up behind it and smash it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Wait...does that mean we're getting a new area before they bring back some of the later dungeons?