Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Kill all men, I'm sure there's a good one somewhere who'll be unjustly swept up in the purge but I'm sorry that one possibly existing guy, this was necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Why do you all have Australian subs?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

JBP posted:

Why do you all have Australian subs?

They don't, if you google the article headline from an incognito window it will bypass the paywall

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Shouty man in a ghillie suit seated at the kitchen bench dividing spoons into two equally-sized piles. There's an odd number of soup spoons and he's having difficulty deciding where the last one should go

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
How many Afghan babies died to make this dinner set possible

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

I raise you this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc_KJEwzq74

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Cartoon posted:

*Gritted teeth*

YOU

TAKE

THAT

BACK

MATE

This was last page but I have to hang poo poo on you for failing the TISM test, which is that TISM are poo poo.

See Sparticle got it:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

cheese-cube posted:

This was last page but I have to hang poo poo on you for failing the TISM test, which is that TISM are poo poo.

Isn't the correct answer "and what of it?"

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Technically yes.

Edit: lol nice vvv

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 13, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Somebody start a fight or something

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh no Doughtnut Time.

Yeah amazing how some poo poo capitalist is actually really poo poo

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Companies defend charging $1000 for unpaid internships (Fairfax)

We're going to need more guillotines.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

"Do you know how the army recruits?" asked Mr Goodsell, who trained with the military. "The job of a soldier is to kill people, and not everybody is cut out for that poo poo. The same rule applies here."

- I loving knew it. As soon as ‘ex military’ gets mentioned, it makes more sense.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

how hosed in the head do you have to be to describe hotdesking as a perk

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

lmao

"For 12 weeks we get to work out whether these people are a liability," he said. "They should never be paid but they should also never be taken advantage of."

:ironicat:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The amount of poo poo that comes out of business owners mouths makes me surprised we aren't rioting yet.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
But isn't that why a 3 month probationary period exists for jobs? Oh wait, you mean they have to be paid during this period well nevermind.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

That dude in particular is amazing.

"half the people actually quit after the first week and as the business owner I haven't bothered to find out why, I'm sure it's kid these days though, no discipline."

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Knobb Manwich posted:

lmao

"For 12 weeks we get to work out whether these people are a liability," he said. "They should never be paid but they should also never be taken advantage of."

:ironicat:

As part of the uni course we have to do a certain number of clinical hours. One way they do this is by organising screening tests at schools, which the uni charges ~$850 to the school for the day. We are not payed, by the end of the first semester we do not require any more of this particular type of prac hours, we cannot refuse them, can potentially fail a course if we don't show up, and they can require up to 4 hours travel time for which we also aren't reimbursed. It would be 100% impossible to complete this work on the day without students doing it

I have a really hard time convincing my peers, all of whom have now completed at least one undergraduate and half of a masters that this is blatant exploitation. It's sad, but exploitation of workers is the norm and nobody bats an eyelid.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
THE DREAM FACTORY

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

“Yes my business model relies on unpaid, coerced labour but if you can show me another viable model then I’ll switch to it.”

If your business needs slavery to prosper then the alternative model I want to show you involves shuttering the business and setting you on fire.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Robert Doyles cheerful and often animated attitude towards people is no longer acceptable by today’s standards

Lol, allegations of assault are upheld by the councils investigation and his defence is PC GONE MAD

Can’t even grope your junior colleagues, what’s the world coming to scoff.gif

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Man Bill Shorten really hit the beehive here, i haven't seen this many angry triggered Boomers in comments sections like this in years.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Imagine planning your whole retirement on a loophole that allows the ATO to give you money.

Jesus christ old people are dumb.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Anidav posted:

Man Bill Shorten really hit the beehive here, i haven't seen this many angry triggered Boomers in comments sections like this in years.

May as well go after the people who aren’t gonna vote for you anyway!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anidav posted:

Imagine planning your whole retirement on a loophole that allows the ATO to give you money.

Jesus christ old people are dumb.

They can just use the big pot of money rather than hoard the poo poo for free on my dime.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

A chap I work with - once I finished paying my HECS (don't guillotine me please) - said he kept letting the HECS repayments be taken out of his pay so he got a nice lump sum at tax time. Except you could have more money every week/fortnight/month/whatever if you don't do that :psyduck:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

MysticalMachineGun posted:

A chap I work with - once I finished paying my HECS (don't guillotine me please) - said he kept letting the HECS repayments be taken out of his pay so he got a nice lump sum at tax time. Except you could have more money every week/fortnight/month/whatever if you don't do that :psyduck:

Also that money could go into a bank account and accrue interest. Money up front always best. Basic rule of business. Sad.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MysticalMachineGun posted:

that’s idiotic (inflation makes the nominal amount have less value in the future)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I also know people that overpay into tax as a savings measure and I'm like you're dumb as gently caress.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
No, but you get more of YOUR money back from the FILTHY GOVERNMENT so you win.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

I also know people that overpay into tax as a savings measure and I'm like you're dumb as gently caress.

I do that (still get HECS taken out) and not dumb as gently caress.

And LOL at getting interest in a bank account these days.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Why don't you pay it into savings and get something, which is better than literally nothing that also becomes less valuable every quarter? If there's spare money in there you can always throw it at super and get the tax deduction on top, saving $100 per pay (that will actually gain good value) for the princely sum of ~$75.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Zenithe posted:

No, but you get more of YOUR money back from the FILTHY GOVERNMENT so you win.

This guy gets it.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Can you opt to not have HECS taken from your paycheck? How does that work?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
put the extra money into shares so you can acquire boomer meltdown powers

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
The funniest part about the boomer outrage is that if you're pushing retirement and you don't have 400+K in equity on your house (let alone any investments), then what the gently caress we're you doing these last 15 years? Howard and the Rudd/Gillard govts handed you the keys on a silver platter and you still hosed it up.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Don Dongington posted:

The funniest part about the boomer outrage is that if you're pushing retirement and you don't have 400+K in equity on your house (let alone any investments), then what the gently caress we're you doing these last 15 years? Howard and the Rudd/Gillard govts handed you the keys on a silver platter and you still hosed it up.

To be honest most boomers just sit around drink wine

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

AgentF posted:

Can you opt to not have HECS taken from your paycheck? How does that work?

If you still owe something, maybe have a look at https://www.ato.gov.au/Forms/PAYG-withholding-e-variation/

Your employer's payroll dept might want to make sure you sign something like that to get them off the hook. You'll still have to have paid the ATO the correct amount come tax return time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

norp posted:

They don't, if you google the article headline from an incognito window it will bypass the paywall

I do.... Comrade...

• Locked thread