Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
STHan is getting nerfed in the Sith raid since people figured out that all of phase 3 and a good chunk of phase 4 can be mostly auto-basic run by TM reduction/double attack teams using Bonds of Weakness to fuel Han's Taunt and natural passives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

UmOk posted:

Poe's X-Wing

Boba Fett's Snailhouse.

I've been buying every single shard that has appeared since i started half a year ago, and i have the ship at 5*

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

CubsWoo posted:

Assuming you already have mods I would probably do this:

- Farm ships with fleet currency when you can but make sure you get shards for the longer farm characters when they pop in the Fleet Store like Vader, FOTP, etc (do this in parallel with whatever stage you're on below)

- Finish Phoenix (minus Sabine) to 7* and keep them leveled as you go

- Scoundrels (Boba, STHan, Cad, Chewie, Lando) until you can three-star whatever tier of Credit Heist/Droid Smuggling you're on, by the time you three-star the level 80 tier you can probably also three-star the Crit Damage mod challene

- Empire/Sith (Farm Vader, Tarkin, TFP, and either Royal Guard or Stormtrooper, and use Palpatine and Thrawn once their events rotate around) - gets you R2 and Potency mod challenge

- Take some time here to level and gear some pilots and try to keep climbing the Fleet leaderboards, get Ghost and Phantom II if you don't already have them, you're probably fairly close to 85 at this point

- First Order (Swolo, Masko, FOO, Phasma, and whichever of FOTP and FOST farms from the hard nodes faster) - Gets you BB8, Offense mod challenge and KRU's 7* ship

- Episode 4 (Old Ben, Leia, Farmboy Luke, finish STHan and R2 to 7* if you haven't) - prep for CLS Hero's Journey

- Resistance (Finn, Poe, Scavenger Rey, Resistance Pilot) - Good for raids, speed mod challenges, partial prep for JTR Hero's Journey

- Some easy Jedi to get to 7* like Consular, Luminara or QGJ if you don't already have enough Jedi for the Yoda event

- Long farm Veteran Han and Veteran Chewie for JTR Hero's Journey

- Start filling in characters needed to score high on/solo raids, characters needed for territory battles, eventually get a Jawa team for the Crit Chance challenge and some Ewoks for that event and anything else that you want to panic farm to stay with the meta

Just want to say this is really helpful, thanks!

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

CubsWoo posted:

Assuming you already have mods I would probably do this:

- Farm ships with fleet currency when you can but make sure you get shards for the longer farm characters when they pop in the Fleet Store like Vader, FOTP, etc (do this in parallel with whatever stage you're on below)

- Finish Phoenix (minus Sabine) to 7* and keep them leveled as you go

- Scoundrels (Boba, STHan, Cad, Chewie, Lando) until you can three-star whatever tier of Credit Heist/Droid Smuggling you're on, by the time you three-star the level 80 tier you can probably also three-star the Crit Damage mod challene

- Empire/Sith (Farm Vader, Tarkin, TFP, and either Royal Guard or Stormtrooper, and use Palpatine and Thrawn once their events rotate around) - gets you R2 and Potency mod challenge

- Take some time here to level and gear some pilots and try to keep climbing the Fleet leaderboards, get Ghost and Phantom II if you don't already have them, you're probably fairly close to 85 at this point

- First Order (Swolo, Masko, FOO, Phasma, and whichever of FOTP and FOST farms from the hard nodes faster) - Gets you BB8, Offense mod challenge and KRU's 7* ship

- Episode 4 (Old Ben, Leia, Farmboy Luke, finish STHan and R2 to 7* if you haven't) - prep for CLS Hero's Journey

- Resistance (Finn, Poe, Scavenger Rey, Resistance Pilot) - Good for raids, speed mod challenges, partial prep for JTR Hero's Journey

- Some easy Jedi to get to 7* like Consular, Luminara or QGJ if you don't already have enough Jedi for the Yoda event

- Long farm Veteran Han and Veteran Chewie for JTR Hero's Journey

- Start filling in characters needed to score high on/solo raids, characters needed for territory battles, eventually get a Jawa team for the Crit Chance challenge and some Ewoks for that event and anything else that you want to panic farm to stay with the meta

I guess my struggle is the order in which to do this.

Here's my collection: https://swgoh.gg/u/munkaboo/collection/

I started early January with the Rey 7* pack. Bought the Boba pack to get the 4* slave 1 and have been sitting top 3 of fleet for several weeks now, which has been awesome. I am concerned because I haven't put ANY shards into Phantom/Ghost, so when Chimera happens I'll be screwed. I also haven't 7*'d Phoenix yet.

Fleet I sit around 1-3 and Squad I am usually 80-110 daily. I typically spend Fleet shards on the special ships (TIE-A/Slave,Scimitar) and Vader/Wedge/FOTP/TFP. Cantina has been alternating between KRU/Wedge/Ezra. I just got Ezra to 6* and I think I'll get Matt to 7*, then Wedge to 6*, Hera to 6*, then finish Ezra.

Cantina Shop has been going toward FOO, then I am not sure if it should go to 7*'ing Chopper, U-Wing, or Stormtrooper.

Squad Arena is now focused on getting Kanan to 7*, now that Tarkin is 7*. STH is only 5*.

I have 5 5* Scoundrels for Heist.

I dont have much vision for what my Squad arena team should be, but right now it's Wiggs/KRU/Boba/Ezra. I've just been trying to get Empire/FO to 5* so I can at least get R2 and BB8 at 5* then circle back around to get them to 6 and 7*.

Raid Han is at 108/145 and GK is ~100/145.

Thoughts?

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 7, 2018

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Considering you already have most of a starter Wiggs arena shell I would probably just do STHan and Lando to 7* and slot them in for KRU and Boba. You're going to have issues with Palpy/Vader teams but if you can outspeed them and keep Han's Taunt up you can sometimes roll through with the TM gain.

Since the last legendaries to see their events rotate are R2 and BB I would probably also work on getting teams to unlock those at as high a star count as you can.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Darth Vader is a wistful anime waifu on this new title screen. I don’t know what to think anymore.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Doji Sekushi posted:

Darth Vader is a wistful anime waifu on this new title screen. I don’t know what to think anymore.

I like the mismatched Kylo costume

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Any room in Qui Goon Jin? 156-925-451. Thanks!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

Any room in Qui Goon Jin? 156-925-451. Thanks!

I believe there should be. Jump in discord and ping Treboucher.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
i have 1600 clear tickets now, that I can never spend.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Yeah I thought I would be running out of sim tickets with the GW change but they are rocking up in startling numbers. Where the heck of these things coming from?!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

WerrWaaa posted:

Yeah I thought I would be running out of sim tickets with the GW change but they are rocking up in startling numbers. Where the heck of these things coming from?!

I went from having around 1,200 last week, which I already thought was a ton, to over 3,000 of these loving things now. They're falling from the sky.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Fleet Arena now rewards tickets, for being in top 100 I'm getting I think 150 tickets daily.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Popete posted:

Fleet Arena now rewards tickets, for being in top 100 I'm getting I think 150 tickets daily.

It's 150 all the way down.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
They really should get rid of them. They are pointless

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

They really should get rid of them. They are pointless

lol, yeah, all they really do is keep me from wanting to level an alt even more.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I need to farm up Resistance characters on my alt so I can do their mod challenge. What's the best way to farm Rey these days?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

tadashi posted:

I need to farm up Resistance characters on my alt so I can do their mod challenge. What's the best way to farm Rey these days?

Hard node with millennium falcon on it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

guild shop also also

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Hope you farmed those FO and Resistance characters because BB8 and JTR are back in 3 days

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I did as a matter of fact but have no credits :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CubsWoo posted:

Hope you farmed those FO and Resistance characters because BB8 and JTR are back in 3 days

lol, no way JTR is ALREADY back.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CubsWoo posted:

What? No. Source? 3 loving days? I've been farming FO but am still not ready. And would they really bring back BB8 and JTR at the same time, considering you need the first for the second?

And it doesn't really matter for me about JTR, because I haven't bothered farming the Vets at all until I have BB8.

edit: Never mind, checked the subreddit, and yup, 2 days. March 15th-21st. Son of a bitch.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Just work on the vets for next time. It's a solid almost 3 month farm at 3 refreshes a day

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

RC Cola posted:

Just work on the vets for next time. It's a solid almost 3 month farm at 3 refreshes a day

Yeah, my bigger problem is my FO squad isn't ready for BB-8.

https://swgoh.gg/u/thrawn527/collection/?f=first-order

Oh well. I'll get BB-8 next time, so I can get JTR the time after that, I guess. Having them both come back at the same time is madness.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I blew off the vets for this go round. I just can't be bothered to farm yet another copy of Han and Chewie.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Wow. That was a fast turn around. Or am I mis-remembering; was CLS back this fast?

fake edit: it's because of TLJ release. :doh:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Warmachine posted:

Wow. That was a fast turn around. Or am I mis-remembering; was CLS back this fast?

fake edit: it's because of TLJ release. :doh:

CLS was not back this fast, and no, it's because JTR is literally the only team worth a poo poo in the Sith Raid and they aren't ready to release whatever character they had planned for the digital release yet because everyone's been so busy with Sith Raid poo poo.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I think I have most of my FO guys at like 3* GL5, I’m definitely prepared for this event.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hate how they added the Sim to GW but you have to of finished it 150 times. I've not completed it once since they changed how it calculates the teams you face. I always face some full gold teams in the last 4 nodes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I hate how they added the Sim to GW but you have to of finished it 150 times. I've not completed it once since they changed how it calculates the teams you face. I always face some full gold teams in the last 4 nodes.

That shouldn't really be possible since the event caps the tuning rate to a fresh 85.

do they really think a fresh level 85 player can beat a full stack of G12's?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

That shouldn't really be possible since the event caps the tuning rate to a fresh 85.

do they really think a fresh level 85 player can beat a full stack of G12's?

What if the fresh 85 happens to have dumped like $500 into the game

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

My 2nd account regularly hits GW teams 10 levels above me and with millions of credits of gear/mods more than I have. I'm pretty certain that I'll never be able to sim GW since I can rarely even finish the last node or two

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

im cute posted:

What if the fresh 85 happens to have dumped like $500 into the game

it doesn't matter what you've dumped into the game, GW's tuning is based on a fresh 85 and not at all based on your GP or the power of your 5 strongest characters anymore.

Syrinxx posted:

My 2nd account regularly hits GW teams 10 levels above me and with millions of credits of gear/mods more than I have. I'm pretty certain that I'll never be able to sim GW since I can rarely even finish the last node or two

Sub-85 it's a shitshow.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

I was drowning in GW early on until I finished my Phoenix team to 6-7* and haven't lost a day since. I use a 7* Empire team now because it runs the nodes in 10 minutes instead of 20-25.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Thinking about Arena farm. Eeth, Ugnaught, Greedo, or Nut?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

WerrWaaa posted:

E. None of the above

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

That's what I thought

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

WerrWaaa posted:

Underworld Cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
You can buy credits w/arena currency.

It's possible Nute will have expanded purpose sometime in the future.