Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Lote posted:

Oh man. We are talking about precincts and absentee ballot percentages. I haven’t had a race this close for so long since the ‘08 Franken race.

LIZARD PEOPLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

If you look at the NYT map, almost all that's left is half of Peters Township (Washington county, the other half of the town broke pretty strong for Saccone). I expect this thing to be dead even or +Saccone before the absentees

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Yeah I'm fine with them thinking that they're okay

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

this dude has a hella round head

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Actually it's 700, so er...

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Who’s this goateed loser on CNN arguing that Trump made the race positively competitive for Saccone?

KKKLIP ART posted:

Oh hey it’s this guy

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

Even if the most ideal happened and the Democrats picked up 400 seats in the House in 2018 Trump would never acknowledge it. You know this. He deflected or outright ignored losing Alabama, Virginia, etc.

It wouldn't need Trump's acknowledgement to matter, if that were to happen.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

axeil posted:

Clearly someone did not pay attention to the VA House of Delegates election :colbert:

that loving coin flip that gave control back to the GOP :negative:

It was literally a film canister in a ceramic bowl.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Haha yea this idiot on CNN is legitimately trying to spin this as a credit to trump because saccone was -5 a week ago and trumps rally resulted in a boost!!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Angry_Ed posted:

Even if the most ideal happened and the Democrats picked up 400 seats in the House in 2018 Trump would never acknowledge it. You know this. He deflected or outright ignored losing Alabama, Virginia, etc.

I mean at that point democrats actually control the house and trump becomes a lame duck so he can deflect all he wants

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Chadderbox posted:

It wouldn't need Trump's acknowledgement to matter, if that were to happen.

True I was just saying we would not be treated to him having a massive meltdown on twitter or whatever.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

KKKLIP ART posted:

"Alexa, show me a hoagie in human form."

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Most of the remaining precincts in Washington look like they went Trump +30 with margins of about 300 votes each. Given current trends Lamb will do better but he may go into Absentees slightly behind.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

So Saccone will win, because of westmoreland?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
It's like Saccone himself is torturing us.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ballz posted:

It was literally a film canister in a ceramic bowl.

oh i know. I watched. I heard all about the bowl and how a Virginian artist made it and blah blah and oh god it was excruciating.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Ogmius815 posted:

westmoreland's 99% done, they can basically turn the needle back on if they want but it'll come down to absentees

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Alter Ego posted:

Actually it's 700, so er...

gently caress yeah. 150 vote lead. Hnnnnnnngggh. Start talking dirty to me. What’s the precinct level breakdown of those absentees? Any age range? Does it skew *pant* military or *heavy breathing* college students?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ogmius815 posted:

absentees still outstanding and this was before the Lamb surge back to 700.

basically nobody has a loving clue.

Lote posted:

gently caress yeah. 150 vote lead. Hnnnnnnngggh. Start talking dirty to me. What’s the precinct level breakdown of those absentees? Any age range? Does it skew *pant* military or *heavy breathing* college students?

:wink:

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/973747927033270273

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Angry_Ed posted:

Yeah, its straight naivety at best and buying into Trump's lies at worst to think the stuff he says about this means anything. He was going back a year to Georgia to talk up the GOP's chances in this race. They've already made up their lies that this is a Democratic district and Saccone was the underdog. If Lamb wins they'll just claim its a failure because he was "expected" to win by more and nearly lost. Or Trump will claim he won because he embraced him and rejected Pelosi.

You can't win with bad faith engagers. Stop trying.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

True I was just saying we would not be treated to him having a massive meltdown on twitter or whatever.

Ah I see. I'm afraid I must dispute that as well. He has massive meltdowns on Twitter regularly, often for no reason at all. Your point may be true that losing an election would roll off, but he would inevitably melt down on Twitter that very afternoon about McDonald's or something after his burger has mayo he didn't want.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lote posted:

Simmer down Sparky

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Alabama: Pedophile rapist loses

come on PA, make a war criminal lose

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Does this race really matter much? Aren't the districts changing in a few months anyway and both are running in different ones?

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Ogmius815 posted:

That's before absentees which are predicted to lean towards lamb I think?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/973749047168241664

this is the best election

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Chadderbox posted:

Ah I see. I'm afraid I must dispute that as well. He has massive meltdowns on Twitter regularly, often for no reason at all. Your point may be true that losing an election would roll off, but he would inevitably melt down on Twitter that very afternoon about McDonald's or something after his burger has mayo he didn't want.

...This is also a fair point, but I did specifically mean a meltdown over losing control of the House.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What the hell are the bumblefucks in the remaining Washington precincts doing?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Niwrad posted:

Does this race really matter much? Aren't the districts changing in a few months anyway and both are running in different ones?

A victory, especially when Trump praised him highly, would be sweet, motivate Dems further, and make trump eat crow. It’s worth it

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Niwrad posted:

Legislatively? No, it matters precisely dick.

We want this race for the momentum and the optics and nothing else.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Absentees won't be counted tonight, put down the bottle and go to bed.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Allegheny absentees are going to be counted by midnight according to MSNBC

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

...This is also a fair point, but I did specifically mean a meltdown over losing control of the House.

You did indeed, and I actually don't think I disagree. He tends to melt down over things that don't matter, and plows through poo poo that should matter. He's a ridiculous person.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Alabama: Pedophile rapist loses

come on PA, make a war criminal lose

It's likely Roy Moore was also a war criminal.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

farraday posted:

Absentees won't be counted tonight, put down the bottle and go to bed.

Propaganda Hour posted:

Allegheny absentees are going to be counted by midnight according to MSNBC

:thunk:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

quote:

The average income per household is $155,752. In the township the population was spread out with 31.1% under the age of 18, 2.7% from 18 to 24, 19.7% from 25 to 44, 33.1% from 45 to 64, and 13.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 43 years. For every 100 females there were 96.7 males. For every 100 women age 18 and over, there were 93.3 men.

Driving their Ferraris around in Peters Township

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Didnt plan on election watching tonight but of course this has to be batshit insane of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/ec_schneider/status/973749430372458497

• Locked thread