Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I got a free wrys from that banner, so I'm going to take that as a sign that I should use him as my healer for this TT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

3* Hinata from my free pull, gently caress yeah

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I think this is the first time I got to see a goon in Arena defense.
All problems can be solved with Nowi and Myrrh.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LightningKimba posted:

I think this is the first time I got to see a goon in Arena defense.
All problems can be solved with Nowi and Myrrh.

Should have given me a defense win so I can remove that dumb Hinoka from the team

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Andrast posted:

Should have given me a defense win so I can remove that dumb Hinoka from the team

no mercy. i hope my team breaks a goon's streak someday, no throwing required

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

no mercy. i hope my team breaks a goon's streak someday, no throwing required

I just want to run my cool full dragon team instead of three dragons+Hinoka sooner

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I decided to pull the three greens from the opening circle and ended up with three 3* Berukas.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I did it, I pulled the axe armor that's been available at 5 star since release

Why yes I mean Sheena, why'd you ask

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Elyv posted:

Sheena is better than Hector though.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Sure, I guess Ragnell is a countering skill

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

ChiTownEddie posted:

Welp. I've peaked.
First pull on the banner since I just back from a no-reception vacation..

What the heck are the chances of this. holy moley

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lube Enthusiast posted:

What the heck are the chances of this. holy moley

Lessee, about one in thirty million, I think?

Just Chrom and the Morgans seems like it's more baseline one in a million. But this is ballpark figures, not even envelope math.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Andrast posted:

She's pretty flexible and can do a ton of different builds. I'm running this one:

She's generally glued to Fae who has hone dragons. Does work in both enemy phase and in player phase.

Anything for DC and a gimmick breath? +atk/+spd?

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Emalde posted:

Anything for DC and a gimmick breath? +atk/+spd?

Dark Breath+, DC, Wrath/Windsweep QR seal with a +spd FCorrin works really well.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Elyv posted:

Roger Explosion posted:

Well, that certainly makes the fact my free pull ended up being a +DEF/-RES Hector feel very awkward...

Even worse is the fact I currently don't have anyone worth foddering him (I'm actually keeping my +ATK/-DEF Hector, if you ask) for Distant Counter, so he's gonna be my proverbial Megaelixir for a good while.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'd hesitate to go with corrin that isn't +SPD since her speed is realistically the one thing that she has over Nowi

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

chiasaur11 posted:

Lessee, about one in thirty million, I think?

Just Chrom and the Morgans seems like it's more baseline one in a million. But this is ballpark figures, not even envelope math.

If only I had used that luck up doing something of any note...

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Hector in 40 :toot:

I still have a spare one I haven't used, but 2 is a good number to have in stock. Especially since one of them miiight go to Ogma soon...

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

Sure, but she doesn't have Distant Counter.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Washout posted:

I'm still waffling on who to build into galeforce first. I've got a +atk -def siegbert, a +spd Raven, or a +def -res Cordelia. Is galeforce really all that great anyway?

Galeforce is good, but not worth pouring a ton of resources into, imo, especially when you're relatively new. It takes a looooooooot of investment for only marginally better payoff.

Of those... either Siegbert or Raven could make good use of it, but your Cordelia's nature is... not that amazing, so I wouldn't invest in her too heavily. Get a +atk or +spd one, then we'll talk.

Also worth noting, Caeda is pretty amazing now with her refined prf weapon. It gives special cooldown when she's faster than the opponent... which will be most of the time. That would let her proc Galeforce even faster. Worth noting if you have, or ever come across, a +atk one.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Today was F!Robin day and I hadn't attempted the infernal yet, so I did that and won first-try with a pretty bog-standard team. Now Robin's level 32 and ready to contribute in the Tempest tomorrow. Gonna be a magic-focused one feels like, I should find someone physically strong to fill in the fourth slot along with F!Morgan and Olivia.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Official artist of Grima

https://twitter.com/okuma_yugo/status/973610363307540480

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I don't mind edgelord grima we got in heroes but i

i really want that style instead. yes down to the tiny proportions and still ||| eyes
especially the tiny porpotions and ||| eyes

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why are the people with unique artstyles also the coolest

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Silver Falcon posted:

Also worth noting, Caeda is pretty amazing now with her refined prf weapon. It gives special cooldown when she's faster than the opponent... which will be most of the time. That would let her proc Galeforce even faster. Worth noting if you have, or ever come across, a +atk one.

Caeda was going to be my next project now that I am out of Ravens to merge. I only have a +SPD-RES at the moment but figure that is good enough of a base to work off of for now.
For a non-galeforce build what would work for her? I guess I could just do the super boring Fury+Desperation...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I have Darting Blow+Hit and Run/Drag Back

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ChiTownEddie posted:

Caeda was going to be my next project now that I am out of Ravens to merge. I only have a +SPD-RES at the moment but figure that is good enough of a base to work off of for now.
For a non-galeforce build what would work for her? I guess I could just do the super boring Fury+Desperation...

Fury/Desperation is always a good combo! Mine has Swift Sparrow, but not everyone has a -Atk Katarina they were looking for an excuse to feed to someone out of spite...

For her special, she can do Iceberg or Luna (even with -res she has enough res to Iceberg purposes). My personal favorite is Glimmer. Glimmer works especially well when you're doing effective damage, and its charge time is super short.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Oh I actually forgot about swift sparrow since its a pretty limited skill. I do have a garbage IV Spring Lucina too...

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Glimmer works suuuuuper well since she has effective damage against two common enemy types. If you can manage it, she's incredibly potent with Galeforce too.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

ChaosArgate posted:

Glimmer works suuuuuper well since she has effective damage against two common enemy types. If you can manage it, she's incredibly potent with Galeforce too.

My plan will be to Galeforce eventually, but as a casual player that'll take me a bit. So I want to build something functional for the month+ she doesn't have it haha.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

maaaaan

all it took was another Hector banner to make me spend all my orbs

no hectors yet :smith:

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

loquacius posted:

maaaaan

all it took was another Hector banner to make me spend all my orbs

no hectors yet :smith:
I only had 20 orbs to spend, but :same: since I'll probably be rolling on this one for a while

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I have two V.Hector, two Takumi, and two regular Ike, so I'm good with this banner

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I have an active-duty Hector and a DC Amelia already and am not sure off the top of my head who would get my next DC but goddamn if I don't want another DC anyway

e: probably Myrrh or YTiki so they don't have to trade down to LB+

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

loquacius posted:

I have an active-duty Hector and a DC Amelia already and am not sure off the top of my head who would get my next DC but goddamn if I don't want another DC anyway

e: probably Myrrh or YTiki so they don't have to trade down to LB+

LB+ and steady/warding breath is way better on YTiki than DC and her default breath

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I'm not sure why I didn't try this before, but I took my -atk winter Tharja to do the Robin armor quest and completed it easily. I had her equip the DD3 seal with her default kit and dropped her on the kill tile with a fortify and 1 ward. She tanked and counter-killed everyone except the 2 blues :wtc:

I guess this must be what having an Omega Tiki is like

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Finally got a Hector. Myrrh, you no longer have to sit around because of the lack of DC.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Pretty much every dragon without a Prf breath wants lightning breath++. The only potential exception is a Ninian who is not +Atk. If you already have a good answer for red mages, the extra damage from other breath weapons might be needed to finish swordbreakering fools.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Got a free Hector and can't decide on who to give DC to. Options are Sigurd, Brave Lucina+1, or Amelia+1. Or I could save it I guess but that's no fun...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

acumen posted:

Got a free Hector and can't decide on who to give DC to. Options are Sigurd, Brave Lucina+1, or Amelia+1. Or I could save it I guess but that's no fun...

My DC Amelia is real and strong and my friend