Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

420 SWAGLORD posted:

Wanna see that melted liver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

Geez, I think my druggie career has come to an end. Pregabalin calmed me the gently caress down and I did the impossible and started taking my therapy as prescribed.

I said "even more" because drugs have lost their lustre in my eyes.

I feel like we’ve heard this, before. Maybe it’s true, this time. I don’t think it is, but for your sake, I hope it is. For my own sake, I am on the fence, because this

Anyways, I did a lot of stupid poo poo while hopped up on Flea Market Baba's drugs. The radio incident is probably the one that takes the cake.

I put my radio in the oven and set the thermostat to the low temperature to have it simmering slowly until all the water from the coils have evaporated. The problem began when I set the oven to dry the radio, I also launched into an another drug bender and completely forgot about the radio in the oven - ended up baking it for three days straight and the fucker melted into a very amusing pattern. Did you know that baked radios smell like phenollic?

is amazing. No one else is producing the kind of content you are producing. You are all alone in this space, and I don’t want the melted toasters to disappear. “I launched into another drug bender, and completely forgot about the radio in the oven.” Who says poo poo like that?

Funny thing, I plugged the melted radio in and the fucker is still working

Holy poo poo.

I don’t have private messages. How can I get your mailing address?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Gonna need to see a pic of that radio

You did go to hospital or at least a doctor for your injuries right?

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Thanks for the irl lol first thing in the morning

You should really get to the doctor to be checked out. Good luck with the no (less) drugs thing

I also want to see this awesome radio

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i would sub to ASF's twitch channel

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

boar guy posted:

i would sub to ASF's twitch channel

Imagine the tips he'd get from livestreaming the cooking of a chair or radio or whatever.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

Transistor radio made in Croatia, judging by its design, sometime in the late 70s or early 80s.

The back side faced the coil in the oven, and it melted like cheese on a pizza! :haw:

Tasty melty radios!

To think that on top of all of this, that the radio is working fine, is just amazing. Commie electronics either croak within a month or they keep soldiering on for half a century despite all the odds. Case in point: I have a Montenegrin refrigerator from 1970, and the drat thing is bulletproof.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Oh that doesn't look too bad. Cool.

rubberrazors
Nov 1, 2011

What stations do you have?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Montenegrin refrigerator from 1970

Stop saying these cool things and not posting the pictures.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Is anything interesting still on the shortwave bands?

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Depends. Last time I spun the dial on my short wave (maybe 6 months ago), there were still plenty of fire and brimstone preachers, which I always find amusing. I imagine that, and news from various countries, is what makes up basically all of the transmissions picked up on SW now.

But I’m in the US and not a world away in Croatia.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
I'm guessing that DIN jack on the back is for connecting it to a cassette recorder?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Just to bump this thread to prevent it from being locked -- so much has happened in the past month that I don't even know where to begin. Well, I might begin with the most shocking news -- being that I seriously kicked all of my drugs -- and that I spent the past month doing some rather unfortunate sweating and freaking-out withdrawal thing. Not the best of moods to post in.

The thing is that my pregabalin-induced pratfall turned into something of a wakeup call. I could tell that the drug is working seriously well, getting me all high and giddy and all that junkie stuff, but after my GP chewed me out for showing up at her office - naturally high as gently caress - that maybe, just maybe pregabalin deserves more attention instead of being a simple "get high and keep on trucking" kind of medication. It's no secret that I was using tramadol as a psychiatric medication, owing to the fact that all the SSRIs and other medications left me in want.

My thoughts are still chaotic as gently caress as of today, but I've done the impossible and started taking my P as prescribed. The result, well, it's not done yet, but I think we're looking at something that's nothing short of a miracle. I kicked not only a HORDE of various opiates, but also SSRIs, mood stabilizers and other not-quite benign drugs with comparatively little discomfort. Turns out pregabalin took over everything, and started gradually opening my eyes in relation to my entire life. All the hows and whys, plenty of unanswered questions, now seem to make sense (even though I'm not sure if I'd make any sense if I tried to communicate all the emotions and ANSWERS to anyone.)

Now that we're on the communication, I just came home from mr Weed's where we got high on our P and spoke for five whole hours. Whole afternoon. It is mr Weed who is responsible for the whole Pregabalin wakeup thing, being that he too takes the same drug for some serious PTSD demons and loose emotional baggage, which is something I can easily relate to!

He gave me a few pills of P - maybe a month ago or something - and I saw that it is Good, so I got a prescription from my psychiatrist who is cool as hell - she's a sweet little old lady, but she's hip when patients tell her that it's time to rock - much to my GPs dismay. Being stingy with funny drugs makes no sense, especially when you're working in a methadone clinic and the majority of people you're treating are junkies. I was unusually honest with her, told her that I have a hard time controlling myself over drink and drugs, and suggested Pregabalin. To my surprise, she was hip and immediately wrote me a prescription, changing my diagnose to... hell, I don't even know anymore, I'm collecting F- diagnoses like Pokemon cards.

The end result was a whole helluva lot better than I had hoped for. I won't talk about it right now, gotta give it some time so that I don't stumble all over my keyboard, but suffice is to say that I realized that Pregabalin is just too good to toy with. I kicked my addictions - Citalopram, for example, is gone from my system, as well as Lamotrigine. No withdrawal. Tramadol is a goner. Stage out with minor sweating. Pregabalin simply took over everything, leaving me with Zyprexa in the evening as a simple passout medication.

poo poo, I know I started rambling now and it's only a matter of time before I start losing coherence, but I want to ask a question to E/N forum mods, Bobbie in particular. Remember the time when I engaged in that racist spergout, quite some time ago - pretty much out of the blue? I said some very unfortunate things and people started calling me out (not without a reason) and it really bugged me out because I once again ended up being misunderstood. The question is; how come I completely avoided any sort of forums' related punishment? And the fact that I'm allowed to post while high (such as right now) and not only admit that I'm high (which is clearly against the rules), but actually be encouraged to post while high?

I know I sometimes write funny stuff, and that I'm often misunderstood because of my assburgers, but the mods gave me serious amounts of clemency, probably knowing that deep down, I'm the sort of person who'd give you a big bear hug and then softly whisper into your ear; "I love you, my nigga." :)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Keep on truckin buddy

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Hell, now I'm on the ball, so I might as well provide evidence as to how I've been misunderstood in real life, ending up being a racist rear end in a top hat while having completely opposite intentions and zero ill will.

For example, last summer I was walking down the road when I encountered some Asian tourists heading my way. I crossed the road to avoid getting close to them.

What the tourists thought: Holy cow, that hairy gently caress is racist to the point that he doesn't even want to get close to a foreigner. Croatia sucks. :mad:

What I thought: Oh loving no, tourists are heading my way and I haven't had a bath in three weeks! I can't let them smell my extreme BO or else they'll think that all of us Croats are smelly, unsanitary fucks. They're here on vacation and they don't deserve to be exposed to my smelly BO. I must detour immediately for their sake! :stonk:

See how it's possible to offend someone without uttering a single word? I was blind to these kind of situations before I started taking P, and I'll take extra care to avoid doing this in the future! Pregabalin prescription, heck, a wakeup call, I tell ya! :stonk:

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic
It's because you're funny, interesting, and bring something unique to these forums. That matters way more than the rules, which everyone cool break all the time. The eastern europe vibe is exotic and different to Americans, you're like the forum version of a dashcam video. And yeah, at least for me the good heart shining through your amusing and engaging 'all 3 stooges in one junkie' routine doesn't hurt. Also you are more coherent hosed up on god knows what than a lot of posters are sober. Glad to hear you're cleaning up, hope you still keep us posted on whatever you get up to.

I <3 ASF

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

'Growing up' thing is a serious challenge when you're stuck with a robot brain. I'm not devoid of emotions - just like Ulillillia - so you'll hear us laugh and sing while doing and saying completely inappropriate things because our robot brains have a hard time telling what's kosher in society and what's not. So we ended up being benign weirdos. In my case, a pathological altruist which is apparently a thing. This is a huge can of worms which I won't open right now.

I'm running a software emulator HUMAN.EXE in my robot brain which was painstakingly compiled from scratch, through trial and error, enabling me to function to some degree in society, but not romantically. Pregabalin gave me extra cache memory and the emulator runs much faster now and it's even loaded high! :science:

Holy cow this drug. Woaaaaaah. :spergin:

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

poo poo, I know I started rambling now and it's only a matter of time before I start losing coherence, but I want to ask a question to E/N forum mods, Bobbie in particular. Remember the time when I engaged in that racist spergout, quite some time ago - pretty much out of the blue? I said some very unfortunate things and people started calling me out (not without a reason) and it really bugged me out because I once again ended up being misunderstood. The question is; how come I completely avoided any sort of forums' related punishment? And the fact that I'm allowed to post while high (such as right now) and not only admit that I'm high (which is clearly against the rules), but actually be encouraged to post while high?

I know I sometimes write funny stuff, and that I'm often misunderstood because of my assburgers, but the mods gave me serious amounts of clemency, probably knowing that deep down, I'm the sort of person who'd give you a big bear hug and then softly whisper into your ear; "I love you, my nigga." :)

First, I'm the only mod in E/N, I don't think it's ever had more than one at a time. So you can come to me for all your E/N needs! Anyway, the second thing is that I wasn't the mod at the time, so you'd have to ask who was, which is Detective Monkey, who has basically retired from the forums to raise her baby or something lame like that.

If I had to guess, though, you were treated leniently because your posts have always been coherent and pleasant, even the ones you wrote while you were high. The No Drunk/High Posting rule isn't strictly enforced across the forum; it's something that is discouraged, especially when posters are belligerent and/or incoherent, but this isn't a hard and fast rule. Personally I'm okay with someone admitting they're drunk or stoned as long as they're not posting garbage or picking fights.

Finally, I think I remember the incident you're referring to, over the use of the phrase "chimping out." Det. Monkey reprimanded you in a post, and you responded in a thoughtful manner. You apologized, explained yourself (it's understandable that a white Eastern European wouldn't be familiar with American prejudice against blacks), understood why what you said wasn't cool, and haven't said anything like that since.

You're a valuable poster, and not just because you create content. Your interactions with everyone bears you out as a decent, thoughtful person.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm running a software emulator HUMAN.EXE in my robot brain which was painstakingly compiled from scratch, through trial and error, enabling me to function to some degree in society, but not romantically. Pregabalin gave me extra cache memory and the emulator runs much faster now and it's even loaded high! :science:

But first we need to talk about parallel universes.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

spankmeister posted:

But first we need to talk about parallel universes.

Screw the parallel universes when you have to emulate COMNSENS.EXE in 1M of memory. :ughh:

.....and sometimes you toss the entire code because it doesn't fit in memory and it's all hosed and buggy anyway. :ughh:

Incident 1: Christmas 2017, 3AM. I realized that my can of gasoline - which I'm using as a catch-all solvent against all kinds of sticky chemical messes - is empty. Mr weed tried to talk sense into me because hopping on a bike at three in the goddamn morning (Christmas morning, no less) and crazily pedaling the bike through the winter wonderland towards the gas station is not the greatest of ideas. No, I had to buy two liters of gasoline RIGHT NOW because I might need to melt a paper label residue in the morning! Mr Weed said; dude you look crazy as gently caress, and you're asking them to fill a 2L PET bottle of beer with gasoline in these witching hours, they'll think you're making a Molotov cocktail! No way, I went and bought gasoline anyway. I can't stand NOT having a powerful solvent in my tiny studio apartment. Congratulations you moron, you now have bronchitis. :ughh:

Incident 2: I decided to replace the window latching assembly in my kitchen. The problem is that I did this during a snowstorm when logic and common sense mandated that the window should be kept closed despite the breeze which is a minor problem when you think about it. I also neglected to put on some decent clothes while working but god dammit I had to repair this RIGHT NOW. This happened after the Pregabalin pratfall when I was off meds and my liver and kidneys were hurt in the fall. My belly was completely naked while I tinkered around the window assembly, exposing myself to elements. It was all fun and games until my liver got snowed on, sure I repaired the breezy window and I did a helluva good job, but the liver and the kidneys took a serious beating and after the window fiasco I could only say "ow." :ughh:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

LOADHIGH C:\DRUGS\PREGABALIN.COM

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

I'll shut up after this post because I know I'm shelling out half-baked ideas, and I'm not sure how to put it, but I feel like Pregabalin switches my brain into protected mode, enabling me to access more than 1MB of system RAM, which is like wowzers man two full megabytes woah and then at the end of the day, Zyprexa does a full system reset, bringing my 286-10 back into real mode. Okay I'll stop spamming now, a 286 is drain bamaged anyway.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
Can your tenants pay rent in Pregabalin pills now and how many per month?

Also, more photos of old (ex-YU) junk if possible...

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Also Yugoslavia managed to balkanize the European power grid so thanks Serbia for loving poo poo up for everyone

again

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Bobbie Wickham posted:

If I had to guess, though, you were treated leniently because your posts have always been coherent and pleasant, even the ones you wrote while you were high. The No Drunk/High Posting rule isn't strictly enforced across the forum; it's something that is discouraged, especially when posters are belligerent and/or incoherent, but this isn't a hard and fast rule. Personally I'm okay with someone admitting they're drunk or stoned as long as they're not posting garbage or picking fights.

Well it's not like I haven't been banned over less, so I'm a bit confused over the 'clemency towards racism' thing - misunderstood or not - which should have defaulted into a forums ban. For example, Ozma banned my '07 account during the Something Awful's Pony Pogrom of 2012, and I neglected to read the rules that ponypostin' on the forums is not kosher. I didn't even get the chance to explain that I was tripping balls on subs and that the ponies are the best thing to watch after snorting a line or two. I mean, I know that being a weeaboo while pushing 40 is already bad enough, but ponies? gently caress you forums' poster, we can't have that. I don't know, maybe I'm at fault, maybe it's Ozma's fault, but the ban felt as if your friend suddenly kicked you in nuts and told you to gently caress off, especially as I'm the sort of poster who typically stays out of trouble. :(

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Hah back then my account almost got purged I think but I hung out in TFR at the time and it was a thing that TFR regulars got ponytars by some mysterious (and wealthy) person. They must have spent hundreds of dollars on ponytars for TFR posters.

Anyway so I almost got banned but it wasn't my fault so they spared me.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Croatia: one hell of a drug!

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Well it's not like I haven't been banned over less, so I'm a bit confused over the 'clemency towards racism' thing - misunderstood or not - which should have defaulted into a forums ban. For example, Ozma banned my '07 account during the Something Awful's Pony Pogrom of 2012, and I neglected to read the rules that ponypostin' on the forums is not kosher. I didn't even get the chance to explain that I was tripping balls on subs and that the ponies are the best thing to watch after snorting a line or two. I mean, I know that being a weeaboo while pushing 40 is already bad enough, but ponies? gently caress you forums' poster, we can't have that. I don't know, maybe I'm at fault, maybe it's Ozma's fault, but the ban felt as if your friend suddenly kicked you in nuts and told you to gently caress off, especially as I'm the sort of poster who typically stays out of trouble. :(

None of this stuff happened when I was a moderator, so I really can't speak on it. All I can really say is that moderation isn't an exact science, every mod and subforum is different, and standards/policies change over time. Obviously racism is bad, but I guess Det. Monkey gave you a pass because it was inadverdant and you apologized. (Unfortunately, there are a lot of innocuous terms that actually have racist/prejudiced origins or contexts, so I really do think Det. Mo's response was fair.)

Don't dwell on receiving what you think is undeserved leniency. That's a great way to backslide into self-destructive thinking and habits.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

:justpost:

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

I’m not quite convinced that Pregablin was the drug for you

Stay safe, goon

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

My thoughts are still chaotic as gently caress as of today, but I've done the impossible and started taking my P as prescribed.
Now that we're on the communication, I just came home from mr Weed's where we got high on our P and spoke for five whole hours.

:raise:

Stay safe, Croatia goon. We've heard "I had an amazing moment of clarity that made me realize I shouldn't do drugs any more, so now I've just stopped!" from you before.

Also :wtc: I didn't even know pregabalin had that kind of abuse potential. Though I didn't know people abuse gabapentin for the longest time, either, even when my prescription went as high as 2400mg/day. I just thought of it as some blah epilepsy drug that wasn't keeping me from being an anxious mess. My vet actually just sold me a few capsules of a low dose of gabapentin to give to my unruly cat if I have to take her to a groomer again. :catdrugs:

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

you were warned posted:

Stay safe, Croatia goon. We've heard "I had an amazing moment of clarity that made me realize I shouldn't do drugs any more, so now I've just stopped!" from you before.

Also :wtc: I didn't even know pregabalin had that kind of abuse potential. Though I didn't know people abuse gabapentin for the longest time, either, even when my prescription went as high as 2400mg/day. I just thought of it as some blah epilepsy drug that wasn't keeping me from being an anxious mess. My vet actually just sold me a few capsules of a low dose of gabapentin to give to my unruly cat if I have to take her to a groomer again. :catdrugs:

any drug can be abused if you put the effort in... hope you’re doing alright ASF!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I got high on paracetamol

Why does my liver hurt?

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

spankmeister posted:

I got high on paracetamol

Why does my liver hurt?

paracetamol, liver, drinking, it's an easy diagnosis but please ... don't jump to conclusions just yet. Unless you took enough to fill a standard size coffee cup it has been shown prudent to check for bedpost lesions in any vital organs or ribs before proceeding with OD treatment plans. Thank you very much for your cooperation

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

you were warned posted:

It's still a bit early to make bombastic statements, but... I'm still taking my P/Lyrica as prescribed... without abusing it. P gets me pleasantly high and woozy and, for some reason, I lost this junkie urge to shovel pills into my maw. Furthermore, it turned out that I simply can't drink anymore. Well that's not completely true, I do drink tiny amounts of alcohol, usually before bedtime, but now a single small serving of beer - 0.5L - gets me all woozy and drunk. Two bottles and I'm ready to pass out. On the other end, distilled poo poo tastes revolting for some reason, a single bomblet of cemetery vodka gets me dangerously queasy and ready to drive the porcelain bus, so I completely abandoned this stuff - which is no real loss when you think about it. :)
And to think that I once used to consume 2L of Cat Piss Beer... before breakfast. Now that we're on CPB - I don't really drink it anymore because I can afford better stuff these days, and for some reason I can't feel the taste of CPB anymore (which I can only describe as 'acrid', once again, no real loss.) It's like drinking stale water from the toilet cistern or something, and yes it does it make me unpleasantly queasy as you'd expect.

These days I'm sticking to small amounts of decent quality ale.

ALSO. There were many opportunities for me to buy downers from Flea Market Baba, passed up on all of them. Realized that if a single serving of beer gets me drunk - then Baba's benzos and opiates would just cause me to pass out without achieving a decent high. Basically a waste of money. I'm not even interested in her benzos because, once again, I know I'd just pass out from them. Hell, I have a legit Valium prescription but I'm not even phoning it in for refills because I care so little about benzos right now. I'm satisfied with my beer prescription. ;)

Oh, and my digestion is still working fine. I usually take one monster poo poo right after waking up, and that's pretty much it. I say, it's a poop miracle!

So basically yeah I've found my personal Jesus, He's in a homely beige/brown capsule. ;)

you were warned posted:

YOu know, there's nothing stopping you from taking kitty drugs if you really wanna get high. :haw: They're ordinary pills - for human consumption - which are nearing their expiration date. :haw:

I've been really kind to my liver for the past month or so, and the liver thanked me by not hurting anymore. As far as my junkie career is concerned, I think it was caused by PTSD and an anxious reaction to things which were beyond my control. I just couldn't stand NOT being wrecked. Sure, it's still early to say that I'm done with drugs, but things have been going surprisingly well so far. :)

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

cemetery vodka [...] 2L of Cat Piss Beer
Is cemetary vodka what you'd call moonshine or am I missing something? Also, what brand is cat piss beer? I had a few awful lukewarm cheap 2L PET bottles on my trips through the balkans so maybe I've had it. The worst I remember is Jelen, probably the worst impression the Exit festival left me with but that's Serbian I think and probably way better when it hasn't been lying in a 30+*C tent for a day or two

I've been really kind to my liver for the past month or so, and the liver thanked me by not hurting anymore. As far as my junkie career is concerned, I think it was caused by PTSD and an anxious reaction to things which were beyond my control. I just couldn't stand NOT being wrecked. Sure, it's still early to say that I'm done with drugs, but things have been going surprisingly well so far. :)

This thread is bound to get a lot less spectacular if you keep this up. I don't mind at all given you've gained a pretty positive change of pace in the process. Nothing lasts forever, at least not sobriety and marriage (my father used to say, lol) but I hope you can keep up your 'new' life if you enjoy it as well.

And we'll have the memories collected in a bunch of your threads at least. And some pretty cool Yugo-architecture bike trip picture series, if you feel like doing another of those I'd definitely like to see it :)

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Pregabalin is good and all, but it does have some side effects. First of all, my vision became rather blurry, as in, I became farsighted. I can only read stuff on the screen or paper if it's more than 3ft away from my face. This is a bit funny and it doesn't bother me much, but I do have a problem when I need to fill out a form by hand because I can't really see what I'm writing. Solved the problem by buying a mechanical loving typewriter which is probably older than me. Repaired the machine, bought a new ribbon, oiled up the mechanism and cleaned up the strikers with my Christmas gasoline - and the drat thing is working like new! Now whenever I need to fill out a bill, a tax form or something, I just print it out, roll up the printout into the typewriter and bang away at the keyboard like it's 1977 again. :)

Second. I fear that I'm going to get extremely fat because it turned out that I can eat dairy products again... as well as the fact that my appetite went through the roof and that I'm constantly hungry. In practice this means that I'm having at least two lunches and four dinners every day. A Dinner for me means two pounds of yoghurt, three pounds of beans, three pounds of bread, garnished with some cheese (for those killer dairy farts) and an assortment of canned poo poo together with some pickled beets. You don't want to share the elevator with me. :haw:

Third. I completely lost the felling of time. Let me tell you about the Druggie Porch Light incident. See, Mr. Weed lives right across the hall from me, and I'm frequently over at his place like some sort of druggie Kramer. We like to get drunk and/or high together until we're about to pass out after midnight. The problem is that there's no light switch at his side of the hall, so in the past I had to lurch through the darkness, hands stuck out like Frankenstein's monster, in general direction of my apartment without losing balance or bumping into something. A few times I was so wrecked that I literally crawled on all fours because my sense of balance was GONE and I thought that it'd be a silly way to break a collarbone or something.
Mr Weed and I then got a great idea - I bought a lamp fixture which Mr. Weed put above my apartment doors, the power coming from the inside of my apartment, through a hole he punched in the concrete. I did the electricity thing while Mr. Weed installed the fixture. I can now illuminate the whole lobby and stairwell with this lamp - I simply switch it on when I'm going over to Mr Weed's so I can see my way back, even at my drunkest.
The problem arose when I decided to clip the cable to the doorsill and the walls so the cable would stay neatly fixed without flailing around. I also did this at three in the morning because I honestly had no idea it was this late. A woman then rang at my door and asked, apparently expecting this to escalate into a screaming match, sir are you aware that it's three in the morning? I got up, hammer and nails still in my hand, and checked the clock. Lord, she was right. I apologised profusely, said that I honestly had no idea about the time, and promised that I'll never do this again. Solution - my apartment is now littered with digital clocks - wherever I turn my gaze, you'll bet there's a clock sitting right there, keeping me from making loud noises at ungodly hours. :)

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Old Binsby posted:

Is cemetary vodka what you'd call moonshine or am I missing something? Also, what brand is cat piss beer? I had a few awful lukewarm cheap 2L PET bottles on my trips through the balkans so maybe I've had it. The worst I remember is Jelen, probably the worst impression the Exit festival left me with but that's Serbian I think and probably way better when it hasn't been lying in a 30+*C tent for a day or two

Cemetery vodka is an infamous fake brandy dyed with a bit of caramel to make it look like you're not drinking... well, vodka. It is colloquially nicknamed Mirogojček in Zagreb, Mirogoj being the name of a famous cemetery in Zagreb. The running joke is that drinking this poo poo will get you packed up in a box and shipped off to cemetery. :)
It's what you buy when you need a stiff drink and you only have a bunch of coins in your pocket. It is sold at every kiosk or bus station, and if you catch yourself buying and drinking this stuff, that it's time to sit down a bit and think about your life.

Old Binsby posted:

And we'll have the memories collected in a bunch of your threads at least. And some pretty cool Yugo-architecture bike trip picture series, if you feel like doing another of those I'd definitely like to see it :)

Bike season is about to start, so more pictures will be coming. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Old Binsby posted:

Also, what brand is cat piss beer?

Nearly missed this one! CPB has no brand whatsoever. Every chain of grocery stores stocks CPB under their own store brand; BUDGET, K+, Value and so on. It is manufactured in Buzet, Istria, and absolutely insane amounts of it are sold every day. 2L bottle of CPB typically costs 13 Kunas which is roughly two US dollars.
CPB is not the worst beer I've had though. There's this Bosnian beer, called Entel, made in Grude, BiH. It's even cheaper than CPB, but god dammit, on top of its acrid taste, there's this stiff taste of decaying rubber and what I assume, cauldron rust. Only for the bravest. :barf: