Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"Look you loving cyborg these nudes won't ask for themselves."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm1Xm2Iupzo

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Would="true"

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Bud Bundy getting desperate to lose his virginity.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

chitoryu12 posted:

How much of an rear end in a top hat do you have to be to do that? That's the "Disconnect grandma's life support to charge my phone" tweet in real life.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

edit:
https://twitter.com/KeatonPatti/status/973288869469868038

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 03:44 on Mar 14, 2018

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

We really need to do something about all this cruel torture of bots. This is how you get skynet.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

chitoryu12 posted:

You're telling me dudes aren't lining up to find this cute woman an outlet for her cyborg arm? Also, looks like her phone could use a charge as well.

You
Oct 6, 2009

Spectral Werewolf posted:

You're telling me dudes aren't lining up to find this cute woman an outlet for her cyborg arm? Also, looks like her phone could use a charge as well.

https://mobile.twitter.com/aannggeellll/status/973449418551844865?s=17

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Facebook Aunt posted:

We really need to do something about all this cruel torture of bots. This is how you get skynet.

https://twitter.com/marceldirsus/status/973227982658600960

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Successful attention-grab.

I do wonder what she's selling at that conference, but I'm not curious enough to do any digging.

You
Oct 6, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/Elle_Angeles/status/973519469954895872?s=17

We should really to stop making robots writing fan fiction for us. While we're at it we may as well stop writing it at all.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Humans wrote decades of fiction works about robots revolting and decimating us for being assholes. What do we do? Build robots and immediately begin being assholes to them. We were not made to last.

You
Oct 6, 2009

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

Successful attention-grab.

I do wonder what she's selling at that conference, but I'm not curious enough to do any digging.

I'll fill you in with my limited knowledge. She's an actor and during SXSW she attended some panels about representation of people with limb diffrences in media. Also hanging out with kids who had limbs amputated and show of her awesome flashing prostethis to them.

She seems to be a good egg, really.

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

You posted:

I'll fill you in with my limited knowledge. She's an actor and during SXSW she attended some panels about representation of people with limb diffrences in media. Also hanging out with kids who had limbs amputated and show of her awesome flashing prostethis to them.

Well, that's pretty solid of her. Far better than being some sort of Theil associate like my cynicism had me fearing.

The_Book_Of_Harry has a new favorite as of 05:55 on Mar 14, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You posted:

Probably good overall but she was in a commercial promoting Koch.

So... eugh.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I don't know of many rules in life but I feel if there's a charging hierarchy "Cyborg arm" has got to beat "Phone".

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

So... eugh.
If Deus Ex has taught me anything it's that when a company is responsible for your robot limb, you shut up and do what they want you to do.

He has a point. It's definitely seems like a marketing tweet, although it doesn't seem to be one in point-of-fact. It's hard to imagine SXSW crowds being so jaded that no one would go "oh poo poo you need to charge your arm? That's badass. Here take this outlet" before you factor in that a lot of guys would find her very cute.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You should always be wary of women who work for Koch.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Dudley posted:

I don't know of many rules in life but I feel if there's a charging hierarchy "Cyborg arm" has got to beat "Phone".

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If I had a cyborg arm I'd get someone to put a phone in it. And I'd have them make it so it works if I do the phone gesture.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm still confused about this:
Even if you were a piece of poo poo with no empathy or milk of human kindness, surely you'd let her use the outlet out of sheer curiosity for the cyborg?

Last time it happened to me, I gave the guy my clothes, my boots and my motorcycle.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

spog posted:

I'm still confused about this:
Even if you were a piece of poo poo with no empathy or milk of human kindness, surely you'd let her use the outlet out of sheer curiosity for the cyborg?

Last time it happened to me, I gave the guy my clothes, my boots and my motorcycle.

seriously, if you are gonna ask people to stop what they are doing so you can charge your robot arm, you can at least answer 4000 questions while your arm charges. I mean why wouldn't they take her up on that deal?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spog posted:

i appreciate this reference

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Randaconda posted:

i appreciate this reference
loving forum superstars always gotta hijack my replies

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mind the walrus posted:

loving forum superstars always gotta hijack my replies

I'm not a superstar :smithcloud:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Randaconda posted:

I know who you are, and you have no idea who I am. That makes you famous bud.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Randaconda posted:

Hey now

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Master Twig posted:

I know who you are, and you have no idea who I am. That makes you famous bud.

well poo poo

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Why the gently caress would they make a cyber arm without a usb hub for simultaneously charging your phone smdh

They should have that wireless poo poo so she can just grip your phone and make some sort of warface while poo poo glows and charges. obviously. gently caress do these people need me to spell everything out for them?

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 12:23 on Mar 14, 2018

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Randaconda posted:

I'm not a superstar :randno:

Fixed that for ya.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SmashMouthQuoter
Mar 14, 2018

So much to do
So much to see

You
Oct 6, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

If Deus Ex has taught me anything it's that when a company is responsible for your robot limb, you shut up and do what they want you to do.

He has a point. It's definitely seems like a marketing tweet, although it doesn't seem to be one in point-of-fact. It's hard to imagine SXSW crowds being so jaded that no one would go "oh poo poo you need to charge your arm? That's badass. Here take this outlet" before you factor in that a lot of guys would find her very cute.

She stated on her Twitter that it was more of a joke, where all of the appointed outlets for charging were already occupied so she chose to find another one in a shame corner, so I guess she didn't insist on people giving her theirs.

Inzombiac posted:

So... eugh.

I did not know about this and can't seem to find anything online. What's this about?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

spog posted:

Yeah, but that wasn't out of kindness. That dude was gonna beat the gently caress out of you.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
SXSW is supposedly a music industry event, I can imagine it'd be full of people humourless and self-absorbed enough to fight a literal cyborg for the phone chargers.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Inescapable Duck posted:

SXSW is supposedly a music industry event, I can imagine it'd be full of people humourless and self-absorbed enough to fight a literal cyborg for the phone chargers.

It's a tech event too

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Bananana posted:

It's a tech event too

It's important to remember that tech people are the worst people in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf