Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

if they get control of 38 states, they will

They'd try, but that sort of thing would cause a constitutional crisis on a scale this country hasn't seen since the civil war. Like, this...

Inferior Third Season posted:

These types of things are the real questions we should be grappling with about "original intent", and not whether some neckbeard jerking off to his gun collection should be considered part of a well-regulated militia.

The reason it's easier to talk about the second amendment being broken is cause people get shot. That's dramatic, and hard to ignore. The disproportionate power of representation in our various governing bodies? Not so much. But attempting to introduce a new amendment without a popular majority would not go over well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

TyroneGoldstein posted:

This is ultimately what the capital side of this right wing cancer is after. Charles and David Koch have basically stated as much.

gently caress those are two deaths that need to happen fast.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe

Mustached Demon posted:

gently caress those are two deaths that need to happen fast.

Are their kids anywhere near as awful as they are?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/AprilDRyan/status/973881802229276672?s=19

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

TyroneGoldstein posted:

This is ultimately what the capital side of this right wing cancer is after. Charles and David Koch have basically stated as much.

I still find it really odd that the Koch brothers donate a lot of money to NPR

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Hutzpah posted:

Are their kids anywhere near as awful as they are?

wyatt koch is an obese mutant who's kept in a state of deluded bliss by his father's billions, believing he's a cutting-edge fashion designer when in fact he makes shirts that Etsy would puke back up

no idea if there are any others

Charliegrs posted:

I still find it really odd that the Koch brothers donate a lot of money to NPR

considering that their money has turned the go-to "liberal" radio station into yet another pulpit for conservative orthodoxy it's not hard to figure out

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Kelly
McMaster
Rosenstein
Sessions

I'm drawing a blank on who else.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Charliegrs posted:

Kelly
McMaster
Rosenstein
Sessions

Jared and Ivanka?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Charliegrs posted:

Kelly
McMaster
Rosenstein
Sessions

Ivanka and Jared? I can't think of anyone else and I thought rumors were he was considering having them bow out sooner rather than later.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Charliegrs posted:

Kelly
McMaster
Rosenstein
Sessions

Jared
Ivanka

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Trump mutters the names to himself before sleep each night.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Charliegrs posted:

Kelly
McMaster
Rosenstein
Sessions

Shulkin
Devos

Edit: Heard of rumor of Shulkin being replaced by Perry of all people. Anyone else heard the same?

Retro42 fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Mar 14, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

crime fighting hog posted:

Trump mutters the names to himself before sleep each night.

Mara Laghulis.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
I'd be a little surprised if he axed both Rosenstein and Sessions. Could see him doing Sessions but not both, I think its more likely he gets rid of Carson or Zinke for doing stupid poo poo and getting bad press. He summoned a few of them to the white house last week and scolded them over the doors and tables.

Shulkin might be on the list too but I dunno if he has that kind of name familiarity.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Trump is the sixth name

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Speaking of Ben Carson:
https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/973886227601641472

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I watched the fishman movie last night, and when it was over Lamb won and Stephen Hawking was dead. One of those things made me a lot happier than the other.

Needle be praised

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Dream would be

Devos
Carson
Sessions
Mulvaney
Pruitt

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

this is incredible

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/973873800331911169?s=20

hours later

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/973895452125954054?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/973896410251833344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/973896939564617728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mustached Demon posted:

Got a link my comrade? I wanna get pissed too.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/epa-withdraws-air-pollution-policy-1516935178

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

this is incredible

why? bill mitchell has been a hanger-on from the beginning and have never shared a worthwhile thought

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

From denial to acceptance, tweet by drat tweet. Christ.

E: I use the word 'acceptance' loosely here.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

He should be forced to resign due to public outcry

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Lightning Knight posted:

Nobody in this thread would be able to effectively appeal to well-to-do white suburban racists who are deeply afraid of anybody darker than them.

You just think that because you have those who would on ignore.

berserker posted:

Conor didn't even have to bust his AK

I wonder who's rear end he put to sleep.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Has Donnie tweeted about last night's election yet?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Still have no clue who Bill Mitchell is.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Crow Jane posted:

Nope, he might be in a really bad mood today though between the loss and if the school walkout is successful. Plus all the other daily fun.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Poque posted:

Jared
Ivanka

If Jared has any delusions of mercy for being "in the family" he should ask Ivanka about her mom.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Johnny Bravo posted:

Nope, he might be in a really bad mood today though between the loss and if the school walkout is successful. Plus all the other daily fun.

Guy I know is a teacher. He said "Blah, im all for free speech but the student body is planning a walkout"

*slowly backing away*

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

classy GOP

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/973871392944001024?s=20

Democrats have till Thursday to put forth candidate

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Mar 14, 2018

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

business hammocks posted:

Still have no clue who Bill Mitchell is.

That King Kong dude. He also is the father of the modern Air Force! What a polymath.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Data Graham posted:

Guy I know is a teacher. He said "Blah, im all for free speech but the student body is planning a walkout"

*slowly backing away*

The rights of children are a tremendous administrative inconvenience, which is probably why they have so few. Do they still make them all shower together?

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Inferior Third Season posted:

It's also gotten much worse over time. The results of the first census in 1790 showed the most populated state (Virginia) had less than 13 times the population of the least populated state (Delaware). If you restrict it to the potential voting pool of adult white men, it was only a factor of 9.25.

The 2010 census results show the most populated state (California) has nearly 70 times the population of the least populated state (Wyoming).

In addition, the original distribution of state populations state was more even. Just about half the states had more than the mean state population, and just about half had less. The 2010 census shows that only 1/3 of states have more than the mean state population, while 2/3 of states have less. The original intent of the Constitution was to give rural states equal Senate representation as large population states, but rural states now have double the Senate power.

These types of things are the real questions we should be grappling with about "original intent", and not whether some neckbeard jerking off to his gun collection should be considered part of a well-regulated militia.

It's basically a national emergency on the DL. We're sending more government money to red states that have lower less dense population, produce little economically, and are really becoming hopeless. Infrastructure improvement is a bi-partisan thing everyone wants but most of that infrastructure needs to be in blue state because that's where the country's valuable infrastructure is. It's a divide that needs to get handled once we have adults running the government again.

What's scary is that the urban/rural divide continues to accelerate at the same time things like automation/AI accelerate and will soon wipe out more blue collar jobs. This poo poo isn't just stopping just because Trump and Nazis are sucking up all of the oxygen in the room. What is going to happen when large geographic portions of the country and large parts of the population are no longer economically required/viable? I don't even care that these people/parts of the country are largely voting Republican, the very people who would do nothing to help them. We're going to need to figure something out (it's M4A, UBI, free state/community college, and national service in exchange for a living salary/right to move/free private college/advanced degrees)

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

He's in California on west coast time. I'm sure we'll see something oin the next hour.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

tetrapyloctomy posted:

That King Kong dude. He also is the father of the modern Air Force! What a polymath.

This Bill Mitchell has never had a plan.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Johnny Bravo posted:

He'll convince himself the kids are all Boo-urnsing him, most likely. Probably pissed he's expected to say something about Hawking tho, we know how he feels about scientists and the disabled.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Johnny Bravo posted:

Good news regarding the walkout. Wife just texted me saying there are tons of protesting high school students at the Farragut North Station heading to he WH as we speak.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Crow Jane posted:

He'll convince himself the kids are all Boo-urnsing him, most likely. Probably pissed he's expected to say something about Hawking tho, we know how he feels about scientists and the disabled.

Nah. Trump has never bothered to make any statement about people he didn't actually care about or support. There won't be any White House statement on Hawking.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Charliegrs posted:

Kelly
McMaster
Rosenstein
Sessions

Bueller Meuller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Retro42 posted:

Good news regarding the walkout. Wife just texted me saying there are tons of protesting high school students at the Farragut North Station heading to he WH as we speak.

That's good to hear. Makes me wonder what the chances are that he planned an overnight trip to California just to avoid being in DC for the protests.

• Locked thread