Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That’s Golf Story.

Yeah, I don’t particularly like Golf or RPGs, and Golf Story was one of the most charming games I’ve played on the Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Amppelix posted:

I was going to ask why you would play Mario tennis if you were just going to play tennis, but then i realized tennis videogames are dead.

This is the first major tennis videogame on a console since the last Mario Tennis. Pretty sure the last non-Mario Tennis one was EA's Grand Slam Tennis 2 in 2012.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Amppelix posted:

I was going to ask why you would play Mario tennis if you were just going to play tennis, but then i realized tennis videogames are dead.
I was thinking that if I'm playing with family members, some of them might not want to deal with complicated special shots or whatever. And yeah, there's no real alternative. It's good that they provided both.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There was an Australian-made Australian Open tennis game called AO Tennis released very recently, it's low-budget and pretty bad.

There's another one coming in a couple months called Tennis World Tour that has some character licenses and very tenuous development links to Top Spin, and it also looks like it won't be very good.

2K, EA, Sega, they're done giving a poo poo.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I loved Pete Sampras Tennis on the Mega Drive.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That’s Golf Story.

I really want mario golf 64 to get rereleased.

The MG64 courses in the 3ds mario golf were nice but not the same.

I want a new Kirby's Dream Course.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

irlZaphod posted:

I loved Pete Sampras Tennis on the Mega Drive.

Same, and it had that cool special cartridge that had the 2 extra controller ports.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Which Mario Golf game had a moment where you're going through the other characters lockers, and you find Baby Mario's locker and the text says "Ew!! A dirty diaper!!"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Which Mario Golf game had a moment where you're going through the other characters lockers, and you find Baby Mario's locker and the text says "Ew!! A dirty diaper!!"

That sounds familiar but I’m not gonna google “baby Mario dirty diaper” to find out.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

So I decided to buy Part Time UFO for Android by HAL Laboratories. So far it's fun, extremely charming and the music is really good

I'd liken it to the whimsy you experience when playing something like Rhythm Heaven or Pocket Card Jockey, just an experimental game made by a competent development team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StmenaeoRN8&t=170s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a lot of tennis VR games that don't look very good

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I want a new Kirby's Dream Course.

we all do

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I want Kirby Air Ride 2 HD Online.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Crossposting from the video game deals thread.

Go go go, before it’s gone! It’s rare for Nintendo gift cards to go on sale, let alone be 15% off. Can buy up to five, email delivery.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Go go go, before it’s gone! It’s rare for Nintendo gift cards to go on sale, let alone be 15% off. Can buy up to five, email delivery.

I think it's region locked to the US, ebay gives me an error if I try to buy one. :negative:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Thanks for this. Bought 2 because I will absolutely end up using the money.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cartoon Man posted:

Don't worry. This comes up like once every week or two.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah that’s what others have said, guess I’m just going by what I see get posted around here.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Yeah that’s what others have said, guess I’m just going by what I see get posted around here.

Yeah, I had no idea that these come up.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
I tried to create a US paypal account and then transfering money there from my EU account but Ebay kept giving me an error message. Anyone else not from the US who has tried doing that and succeeded?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop (all releases March 15, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EST/9am PST for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Aero Fighters 3 - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
AERO FIGHTERS 3 is a side-scrolling shooting game released in 1995 by VIDEO SYSTEM. 10 teams comprised of 14 humans and two animals have gathered from around the world and are flying on high-powered reciprocating engine planes, such as the ZERO FIGHTER, to save the world. The game offers route selection and multiple endings.

Bingo For Nintendo Switch - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
BINGO comes to Nintendo Switch! Four bingo party games in one pack!

Clustertruck - $14.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Clustertruck is a new kind of platformer on top of a speeding highway! Use agility and acrobatics through insane levels in a game of "the floor is lava" on top of unpredictable, speeding trucks!

Coffin Dodgers - $12.99 / £9.99 / €12.99 (March 13)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Pimp up your mobility scooter and take on the Grim Reaper and his Zombie army in a race for your soul. Armed with a variety of homemade weapons and gadgets, battle your way through a 13-race championship or face your friends in a 2-4 split-screen multiplayer race, where only the most skilled racer will survive.

Danmaku Unlimited 3 - $9.99 / £8.09 / €8.99 (March 13)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Take to the skies once more as the last defender of humanity against overwhelming odds! Lovingly built to be enjoyed by newcomers and genre veterans alike, Danmaku Unlimited 3 is a perfect medley of the best aspects of classic Bullet Hell shooters wrapped up in a modern and approachable package.

Enchanting Mahjong Match - $4.99 / £4.99 / €4.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Enchanting Mahjong Match is one of the connecting game classics. The main goal of this game is to connect the identical tiles with lines and remove them from the board. In Enchanting Mahjong Match, The line can change direction only twice...or less, of course. Also known as Mahjong Solitaire, Shisen-sho, Onet, Lianliankan.

Gem Smashers - $19.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Long ago, the Earth was devastated by a fearsome creature: the scientist IMBU and his henchmen robbed the Earth of all its energy and trapped its peaceful inhabitants in sparkling gemstones. Miraculously, three heroes escaped: BAU, BAM and BOM. They became the Gem Smashers – with impressive leaps and quick spins, they skillfully smash the colorful crystals to free their friends.

Kirby Star Allies - $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (March 16)
Retail/Digital - [NA] [EU]
Team up with friends to puff up your powers in Kirby Star Allies, a colourful platforming adventure, only on Nintendo Switch! Up to four players can journey through Dream Land together, combining Copy Abilities to perform spectacular special moves or even create new powers!

Last Day of June - $19.99 / £ ? / € ? (March 16)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Last Day of June is inspired by Steven Wilson's haunting song "Drive Home." Recreated as an interactive adventure, Last Day of June takes players on a profound and poignant journey.

The Long Reach - $14.99 / £12.99 / €14.99 (£11.69 / €13.49 until March 29)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The Long Reach takes place in New Hampshire, in the fictional town of Baervox. The game draws its inspiration from Lone Survivor and The Cave, and all the classical adventures (except that The Long Reach is set in the present day). You don't play in a post-apocalyptic world or explore a fairy-filled fantasy world. You’re in the thick of it, just around the corner from the place where you buy your groceries.

Neonwall - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Aim and shoot in this arcade game with the Joy-Con controllers. Escape your way out of Neonwall by solving puzzles and overcoming a variety of challenging levels. Over the course of the game you will need a combination of skill, concentration and precision to be victorious.

Sparkle 3 Genesis - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99 ($4.49 / £4.04 / €4.49 until March 29)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Sparkle 3 Genesis is a beautiful visual experience in which you take control over the fate of a single, dreamlike organism. Immerse yourself with mesmerising, ambient soundtrack while exploring 12 dreamlike levels. Explore the vast ocean in search of micro-elements and evolve from a tiny speck of life into a magnificent Sparkle. Choose whether your Sparkle will become a quick and relentless hunter, a peaceful plant-eater or a creature whose features lie in between.

Spiral Splatter - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99 (March 13)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Put your problem-solving skills to the test as you navigate over 100 levels and 11 different stages full of perplexing puzzles. Watch out for moving obstacles as you manoeuver through each level. Think fast, if you’re too slow, the ghost may catch up to you. Hustle to reach the finish before your time is up!

Tesla vs. Lovecraft - $14.99 / £ ? / € ? (March 16)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Play as the enigmatic inventor Nikola Tesla! Use devastating weapons to mow down hordes of nightmarish monsters, collect mighty powerups to boost the carnage, and finally overwhelm your enemies with the immense firepower of the Tesla-Mech battle robot!

WorldNeverland - Elnea Kingdom - $29.99 / £26.99 / €29.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
This is the latest game of the World Never Land (nickname is WorNeva) series. This is the imaginary kingdom that lives in your console. You can walk wherever you wish to go... Beautiful woods, river, farms, stock farms, mines, schools, churches, and castles...and it simulates the lives of the people who live there nicely.

Wii U
Toon War - $9.99 / £8.50 / €9.99 (Feb 1 NA / March 15 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Toon War is a twin-stick shooter game with colourful and vivid graphics. Your mission is to liberate peaceful villages from evil forces, eliminate enemies and win over dangerous bosses. Enjoy the game in single-player mode or with your friend in two-player* co-op mode.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Cross posting from the Switch thread cause iirc there was some Pac discussion here too:

Pac-Man CE 2 got a patch, only played a bit handheld now but seems like most of the slowdowns in single player score attack are gone. Can’t tell if 2P got an improvement, still feels a bit slow and the cutscene eating definitely still drops frames.

And Floor Kids is on sale for $13.33! Been waiting for a sale to try that one out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

japtor posted:

Cross posting from the Switch thread cause iirc there was some Pac discussion here too:

Pac-Man CE 2 got a patch, only played a bit handheld now but seems like most of the slowdowns in single player score attack are gone. Can’t tell if 2P got an improvement, still feels a bit slow and the cutscene eating definitely still drops frames.

And Floor Kids is on sale for $13.33! Been waiting for a sale to try that one out.

That's very good, saw the patch came in and wasn't sure what changed. Glad they addressed it

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Played a bit more, including docked just now, and definitely improved but still not perfect. I’d say when it does drop frames it’s less often and not as bad as before, but it still happens. I’m noticing the backgrounds are static...I thought they were more dynamic or something before (though I might be thinking back to the PC version, where I turned them off cause the game had performance issues for me there too).

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

is there a way for me to get nintendo points or whatever from physical games i bought in the past year? or am i dreamin

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Yes, it's done from the game icon on the home screen but I forget the button

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Hit + or - with the cart inserted, it'll bring up a menu. One of the options is to redeem points.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

God drat I bought Breath of the Wild yesterday went to redeem the points and it said they were expired. WTF.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

schreibs posted:

God drat I bought Breath of the Wild yesterday went to redeem the points and it said they were expired. WTF.

Physical game points are good for one year after the game's release.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
That’s asinine.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nintendos online bonus programs have always sucked and will continue to suck until the end of time

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The WiiU deluxe rewards program owned and I got like $100 back

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bizarre deformity posted:

The WiiU deluxe rewards program owned and I got like $100 back

Same. The last few years of CN was pretty good too.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

jivjov posted:

Physical game points are good for one year after the game's release.

Nani the gently caress

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Nintendos online bonus programs have always sucked and will continue to suck until the end of time

they were good when the wii u was failing

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Kind of like how PlayStation plus owned when Xbox was winning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I pre ordered the Splatoon 2 dlc for 4 dollars so it seems good to me

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Thanks to Club Nintendo I got Tropical Freeze and the 3DS Kid Icarus for free.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
The last like year or so of Club Nintendo when they started offering game downloads as rewards was pretty good, My Nintendo is an absolute joke though. I got 60 cents for the copy of Kirby I bought, great, thanks a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

inferis posted:

Kind of like how PlayStation plus owned when Xbox was winning

Lol, remember how they used to allow you to port psp games to the vita?