Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

President Beep posted:

the bullets fly themselves

:clint:

https://youtu.be/kbRZKrvAZ7U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

lol. had a feeling even before i clicked. namaste.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

President Beep posted:

the bullets fly themselves

:clint:

so long skorpex

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

rjmccall posted:

yes, if you are the sort of person who thinks the number 14 is always a reference to hitler, you are probably also traumatized by the phrase "red pill"

nah. any easier Matrix references have been completely subsumed by MRA/alt-right bullshit. because those chucklefucks thought they were being super smart and edgy referencing the Matrix in the first place. you're just being obtuse.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Help, help, I'm buried under all this bullshit!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Help, help, I'm buried under all this bullshit!

have some more!:

http://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-tesla-restaurant-los-angeles-2018-3

...what if uber tesla, but for restaurants?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/965971609608687616

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Chris Knight posted:

nah. any easier Matrix references have been completely subsumed by MRA/alt-right bullshit. because those chucklefucks thought they were being super smart and edgy referencing the Matrix in the first place. you're just being obtuse.

also we're talking about a videogames virtual reality company

like if it were idk a realtor or something that was like "RED PILL REALTY" i'd be more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt but uh

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
yeah, they have to know exactly what red pill means in the "extremely online" internet context

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

That is one of Elon's less terrible ideas. But that leads me to a question: Can non-Teslas use Tesla charging stations?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
No. Elon says it's because the other manufacturers don't want to play ball, but really it's because their supercharger plug is expensive to integrate and they won't join the relevant standards bodies, and as soon as they put one in a car, Tesla will say it's Tesla-only.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Avenging_Mikon posted:

That is one of Elon's less terrible ideas. But that leads me to a question: Can non-Teslas use Tesla charging stations?
Yes, for some (most?) stations, if you buy an adapter https://electrek.co/2017/06/20/tesla-j1772-adapter-electric-cars-destination-chargers/. It doesn't work with the supercharger stations though

this is all falling out of the patent release stuff a few years back, he was really hoping people would switch to it but with VW now taking the lead on charging stations due being forced to put a few billion in from the emissions scandal, it's a bit ??? as to where it's all heading. And will probably remain so until the govt gets involved and issues guidance and forces everyone to adopt a standard

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 14, 2018

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

eschaton posted:

and slashdot holds the secret to fixing reddit

of course there’s no fix for kuro5hin

i agree, the secret to fixing reddit is everyone stops using it and visiting it.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Avenging_Mikon posted:

i will go to wolfgang musky's rockabilly emporium

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

between the sock hop joint and his infatuation with recapturing the optimism of the space age, and having already established that hes one of the worst kind of annoying nerds, is it possible that Elon is just one of those Wrong Generation dorks that really wishes he was alive in the 50s/60s

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

theranos is getting owned by the SEC

Elizabeth Holmes and Balwank charged with “massive fraud” for bilking investors out of $750 million

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
since his family owned an emerald mine during apartheid i could believe he wishes he was alive before 1860

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

my bitter bi rival posted:

between the sock hop joint and his infatuation with recapturing the optimism of the space age, and having already established that hes one of the worst kind of annoying nerds, is it possible that Elon is just one of those Wrong Generation dorks that really wishes he was alive in the 50s/60s

does a wealthy white man who grew up in apartheid-era south africa long for the past?

:thunk:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

my bitter bi rival posted:

i will go to wolfgang musky's rockabilly emporium

little elon needs to fry

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012
THERANOS CHARGED WITH FRAUD

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-41

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

theranos is getting owned by the SEC

Elizabeth Holmes and Balwank charged with “massive fraud” for bilking investors out of $750 million

lol bad rear end

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
that's no surprise, it's the most american thing that's ever america'd. when will these people learn you can only exploit the lower class

https://twitter.com/eugenegu/status/972256286774628352

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
what are you idiots smoking, the company already got punished for the medical poo poo a year or so back. this is separate investigation and punishment for the separate financial crimes.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

fishmech posted:

what are you idiots smoking, the company already got punished for the medical poo poo a year or so back. this is separate investigation and punishment for the separate financial crimes.

the most heinous of crimes

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Theft of money

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the most heinous of crimes

in retrospect judge whitey was the best futurama character

he also gave us "you're never too rich to enjoy a free turkey dog"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/JoshConstine/status/973963351058468864

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

quote:

Holmes has agreed to pay a $500,000 penalty, will give up majority voting control of the company, and will be barred from serving as an officer at a public company for a decade.
weird they can't do stuff like this when you intentionally run a company into the ground and parachute away with an 8 figgie severance [as long as you do the right paperwork]

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I have to give serious props to musicians who instantly sell out and hustle for poo poo like that, take their money just loving take it and run and laugh about it the next day

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Bhodi posted:

I have to give serious props to musicians who instantly sell out and hustle for poo poo like that, take their money just loving take it and run and laugh about it the next day

what do crypto wrist eagles look like?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I will never reveal the wu-tang private key

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

fishmech posted:

Yes, child, we know. We can read.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

weird they can't do stuff like this when you intentionally run a company into the ground and parachute away with an 8 figgie severance [as long as you do the right paperwork]

if incompetence was prosecutable we'd all be in prison

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Yes, child, we know. We can read.

no apparently they can't

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ADINSX posted:

Theft of money

i always hear it in judge whitey's voice

also lol the (current) secretary of defense was on the theranos board while the fraud was happening

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/kath_krueger/status/973966783530102784

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rjmccall posted:

if incompetence was prosecutable we'd all be in prison

if bain capital was incompetent they would have gone out of business a long time ago

the ability to buy a company using high-interest debt secured against the company's future earnings is bubble as gently caress and I hope in the future it's illegal or at least better regulated

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i like the part in the theranos story where holmes went to a bunch of biology and chemistry professors at stanford and they told her that her idea wasn't really possible, but business school teaches us that when a scientist says something is impossible it means they just aren't crushing hard enough, so she told everyone it worked anyway

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

i like the part in the theranos story where holmes went to a bunch of biology and chemistry professors at stanford and they told her that her idea wasn't really possible, but business school teaches us that when a scientist says something is impossible it means they just aren't crushing hard enough, so she told everyone it worked anyway

the hard we do right now, the impossible just takes a little bit longer :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

"impossible" implies a lack of vision. now me, knowing how much money it would make, i can see it happening