Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Schneider Heim posted:

Is the off-brand Black Widow movie good? I mean, it counts as a BSS movie right?

It'd be a hell of a Black Widow movie. Very seedy and gratuitous.
In other words, I liked it :)

edit: Go in expecting more Paul Verhoeven than Atomic Blonde.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Teenage Fansub posted:

It'd be a hell of a Black Widow movie. Very seedy and gratuitous.
In other words, I liked it :)

edit: Go in expecting more Paul Verhoeven than Atomic Blonde.

Oh boy I love Verhoeven

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Watching Professor Marston and the Wonder Woman. The main dude is a bit of a drip, but Rebecca Hall, playing Mrs. Maston, is great.

edit: Wow. Good on the director coming back from Herbie: Fully Loaded. She's had a fine TV career between, but still. That's a hurdle.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Mar 14, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Who's down

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

twistedmentat posted:

The biggest thing I'm worried about is Thor and the Guardians stuff happens as a b story, and them getting to earth is going to be right at the end, because seriously, thats what I want to see the most in this movie.

We know Loki hands over the Tesseract to Thanos in what certainly looks like a scene on Earth.

The big question, to me, is still where the Soul gem is. We have the rest of Thanos' dance card filled out nicely - he'll almost certainly hit Xandar first for the Power gem, then the Collector for the Reality gem, and the Space gem is currently in Loki's possession. Mind and Time are on Earth.

Black Panther didn't say the Soul gem is in Wakanda, and while it being there would still make sense, I think something would have been mentioned if it was. It's also possible the Sovereign have it and are using it to make Adam Warlock.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

zoux posted:

Who's down

The wife and I are watching through them all (excluding Ang Lee's Hulk, which I don't think counts, but we are doing Incredible Hulk). We just finished phase 1, and she's trying out Agents of Shield now. The only downside is that I don't think Black Panther will be out on bluray before Infinity War. If it's still in theaters, we may have to do a double feature opening night.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
There is this crazy theory about the Soul Stone that is doing the rounds.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Ang Lee's Hulk is pre-MCU.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
But there’s nothing explicitly that doesn’t fit with MCU so you can include it or not as you see fit. I count it as 0.5.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Shawn posted:

But there’s nothing explicitly that doesn’t fit with MCU so you can include it or not as you see fit. I count it as 0.5.

Talbot was killed in Hulk. He’s still kicking around the MCU. One of the best parts of it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's in a coma in AoS and the actor moved on to Supergirl for now.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I did tell my wife (who didn't see either) that the only thing she needed to know is that his origin story happened, and then ran away from the government all the way to Brazil. That's basically all you need from the Ang Lee version. They retconned what his origin story was in the opening credits to Edward Norton sitting in a chair being bombarded with gamma radiation.

So all you get in the MCU from Ang Lee's Hulk is why he's in Brazil.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
That, and it's a great film. Far better than any of the other phase 1 MCU origin films.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Except for the comic book cutaway scene transitions Lee's hulk is terrible

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Chill Penguin posted:

That, and it's a great film. Far better than any of the other phase 1 MCU origin films.
In what universe

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Chill Penguin posted:

There's just no way

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is a CD thing which has leaked over. Hulk is, was and always will be poo poo. The only thing it has going for it is Jennifer Connolly.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Rhyno posted:

This is a CD thing which has leaked over. Hulk is, was and always will be poo poo. The only thing it has going for it is Jennifer Connolly.

On the other hand it is liquid poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Other than having the superior Betty Banner.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Rhyno posted:

Other than having the superior Betty Banner.

It did pioneer cloud villians.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
If you don’t love the big chap bursting out of the base and bouncing around going to town on the army in the desert then you ain’t worth poo poo to me. And Talbot’s death is still the best in any comic book film to date.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Rhyno posted:

It's not a "CD thing", it's my opinion that I've held since the movie came out. I would watch Lee's HULK any day over the likes of Captain America or Thor. The only one that comes close is Iron Man. Why haven't they given Favreau another Marvel flick to direct? I could see him totally nailing a Fraction-inspired Hawkeye that also merges the MCU family aspect.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sentinel Red posted:

And Talbot’s death is still the best in any comic book film to date.

The only man in any movie ever to be killed by a freeze-frame.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Regardless of the fact that Ang Lee's Hulk is incredibly terrible and bad, it's also from 2003. The MCU started in 2008. I don't understand how you could even half-pretend they're related. It's like trying to argue the Sam Raimi Spider-man films are part of the MCU.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
It’s probably true that some first draft of the Ed Norton Hulk movie was a sequel to the Eric Bana one, with him starting in South America, but no it is not officially in the same continuity.

Omnomnomnivore fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 14, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bruce goes to South America all the time.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Chill Penguin posted:

It's not a "CD thing", it's my opinion that I've held since the movie came out. I would watch Lee's HULK any day over the likes of Captain America or Thor. The only one that comes close is Iron Man. Why haven't they given Favreau another Marvel flick to direct? I could see him totally nailing a Fraction-inspired Hawkeye that also merges the MCU family aspect.

Because Iron Man 2 wasn't up to par.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Dogs die in Ang Lee's Hulk so it is a bad movie

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL no, it's absolutely a CD thing.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I like Hulk and I’m, like, the polar opposite of CineD. I think I remember having to defend it last time I talked about it there.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mr Hootington posted:

On the other hand it is liquid poo poo.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I also liked Hulk but I definitely wouldn't put it over any Marvel movies(maybe Incredible Hulk, I don't know maybe)
For me it goes under most X-Men movies but over the Fantastic 4s. Which I guess with all of the good poo poo we get nowadays puts it in the lower third but back in the day, Hulk was a surprisingly good comic book movie.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I like Lee's Hulk, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend it's good or anything, certainly not better than Iron Man

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Hulk is real bad, but it tried some interesting things. I liked the idea behind the comic dividers, I love the Hulkified lap dogs, I appreciate that Ang Lee attempted to make a deeper comic movie than you saw at the time, I remember the casting being decent but it's been a while since I last watched. It's a shame it's just... not a good movie.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
My friend and I got about most of the way through Hulk in the theater before we decided to bail and join his older brother watching Bad Boys 2. Hulk is just not a good movie.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I like certain scenes and parts from it, but that's like 10% of the movie. The rest is embarassing. Also Rhyno is right, I constantly saw it getting defended vigilantly in CD to my befuddlement.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
The only thing I can defend from Hulk is Nick Nolte's performance as the most deranged, worst dad ever. I love it. Everything else about it is trash.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Cythereal posted:

We know Loki hands over the Tesseract to Thanos in what certainly looks like a scene on Earth.

The big question, to me, is still where the Soul gem is. We have the rest of Thanos' dance card filled out nicely - he'll almost certainly hit Xandar first for the Power gem, then the Collector for the Reality gem, and the Space gem is currently in Loki's possession. Mind and Time are on Earth.

Black Panther didn't say the Soul gem is in Wakanda, and while it being there would still make sense, I think something would have been mentioned if it was. It's also possible the Sovereign have it and are using it to make Adam Warlock.

Black Panther's director said they didn't include the Soul gem in the movie because he felt that two mystical artifacts (vibranium and the stone) would have been too much.

It's pretty obvious it's there in Wakanda though, imo. It was probably carried there by the vibranium meteor, and you can pretty easily draw a link between the Soul gem and the effects of the heart-shaped herb.

Plus, y'know. Thanos needs a reason to actually attack the place in Infinity War, and why else would he do it if Soul wasn't there?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Dexie posted:

Plus, y'know. Thanos needs a reason to actually attack the place in Infinity War, and why else would he do it if Soul wasn't there?

One of the other gems could end up there. The most technologically advanced place on Earth isn't the worst place for a last stand.

But I agree, it's probably where the Soul Stone is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dexie posted:

Black Panther's director said they didn't include the Soul gem in the movie because he felt that two mystical artifacts (vibranium and the stone) would have been too much.

It's pretty obvious it's there in Wakanda though, imo. It was probably carried there by the vibranium meteor, and you can pretty easily draw a link between the Soul gem and the effects of the heart-shaped herb.

Actually some info came out on why Thanos attacks them just a day or two ago.

Vision is there.

• Locked thread