Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

ineptmule posted:

Pity they die in droves like chumps. Play them in a skirmish game and enjoy them the way they are meant to be played :cheers:

I really wish GW would update Kill Team for 8th edition. I wouldn't mind an update for SW:A either. It's sort of tough when the only skirmish games they've put out haven't been updated to use their new ruleset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Pendent posted:

I really wish GW would update Kill Team for 8th edition. I wouldn't mind an update for SW:A either. It's sort of tough when the only skirmish games they've put out haven't been updated to use their new ruleset.

Theres the unofficial-official rules from the Konor Campaign

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Bad choices or bad dice?

The worst choices. My favorite was Felime literally telling me not to do something because he would counter it and then I immediately forgot and did it anyway.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

I subscribed. I'll slowly build a new big boys army from it. Was thinking of Salamanders.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The worst choices. My favorite was Felime literally telling me not to do something because he would counter it and then I immediately forgot and did it anyway.
Well that sucks. Who did you run and against what?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That seems like a decent deal for beginners. Looks like it's U.K. only though.

Not in the US but I really want to subscribe. (They dont ship iy to my neck of the woods either sadly)

Foul Ole Ron fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 14, 2018

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

This is neat, but what's after the first four issues? I can see them supplying more of the easy-build Primaris and Death Guard stuff for maybe another month. More dice? Little bits of scenery made out of cardboard or something? I hope they don't run out of stuff to package with this.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

I think the rest of the easy build kits, any £15 character and the sprues for Primaris big boys, reivers and helblasters are safe bets.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Deleter posted:

This is neat, but what's after the first four issues? I can see them supplying more of the easy-build Primaris and Death Guard stuff for maybe another month. More dice? Little bits of scenery made out of cardboard or something? I hope they don't run out of stuff to package with this.

You kidding? They could have so many options.

They could release paints and brushes based on a single style of painting or release bits for a specific unit or kit. They could release nurglings, grots, scions or ad Mech bots, the list is endless.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Well that sucks. Who did you run and against what?

It was a 1000 point game with my Primaris against a tank-heavy IG force. We did Open War and ended up with a night fight scenario that meant all of my plasma was basically useless. Wanting to actually play I got my guys moving, butchered his guard screen, and was about to start tank punching with my Gravis Captain. Felime politely reminded me to attack with the Captain first so that he wouldn't be able to spend some of his seemingly infinite supply of CP to jump the fighting order and have one of his tanks get away. I, foolishly, immediately forgot that incredibly helpful suggestion and hosed around with another unit. Naturally he dropped the CP, backed away from his tank (he had three Russes so I don't feel too bad about losing), and I only got to punch one tank for a bit.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Sorry, run that by me again? He did what?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Felime politely reminded me to attack with the Captain first so that he wouldn't be able to spend some of his seemingly infinite supply of CP to jump the fighting order and have one of his tanks get away.

Either the Guard have a strategem I never noticed or there's something fishy here.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
There are 80 issues, 4 issues a month, 8 quid per issue after the first two, so around 640 quid less first two issue discount. Not knowing what you’re getting after the first month isn’t worth it. Might be a good deal for kids though who don’t really care so much. 640 quid will get you a lot of stuff you actually want.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I imagine Felime will have a better explanation of what he did than I will.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Pendent posted:

Either the Guard have a strategem I never noticed or there's something fishy here.

Yeah in general interrupting with a tank would do nothing for moving away from the enemy.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Any UK Goons looking to split a Forgebane box set when they go up for pre-order? I'm only interested in the babby knights and their rules.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh yeah, now I remember. I charged a tank but was close enough to engage a second one. Felime reminded me that I should go with the Captain first in order to engage both tanks, otherwise he would spend the CP to interrupt the fight order and have his tank move forward and lock my Captain in combat. I forgot, he did what he said he would, and the other tank was out of engagement range so next turn it had a chance to shoot.

No shenanigans, just good movement on his part.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh yeah, now I remember. I charged a tank but was close enough to engage a second one. Felime reminded me that I should go with the Captain first in order to engage both tanks, otherwise he would spend the CP to interrupt the fight order and have his tank move forward and lock my Captain in combat. I forgot, he did what he said he would, and the other tank was out of engagement range so next turn it had a chance to shoot.

Clever.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So your captain wasn't within an inch of the second tank until you made your pile-in move? Yeah, that's really clever on Felime's part and not something I would be likely to think of in the heat of the moment myself.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Im remembering that trick.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Zark the Damned posted:

Any UK Goons looking to split a Forgebane box set when they go up for pre-order? I'm only interested in the babby knights and their rules.

I'm looking to split one, but also for the Babby Knights.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Artum posted:

Clever.

Pendent posted:

So your captain wasn't within an inch of the second tank until you made your pile-in move? Yeah, that's really clever on Felime's part and not something I would be likely to think of in the heat of the moment myself.

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Im remembering that trick.

Yeah. Felime is Good at 40K. I am Bad at 40K. With luck I'll be able to, eventually, be Mediocre at 40K. Hopefully.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Thundercloud posted:

I'm looking to split one, but also for the Babby Knights.

I expect to see a huge glut of AdMech models on eBay once this thing drops.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Same. Another UK goon wanting to split the box. Wanting to keep the admech side.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Foul Ole Ron posted:

You kidding? They could have so many options.

They could release paints and brushes based on a single style of painting or release bits for a specific unit or kit. They could release nurglings, grots, scions or ad Mech bots, the list is endless.

True, but I guess it depends on if they're intent on sticking with Primaris and Death Guard or if they want to do a bit of everything. I presume the internet is a new player might drop their subscription at some point and go all in on an army.

If this means they start packing smaller troop choice or easy-build kits for other factions to go in here I'll be on that. I'd be on an Easy Build Kastellan like a fly on poo poo.

Also I might go for a Forgebane split, but I will have to see what's going on locally before I get on the vox with goons.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I expect to see a huge glut of AdMech models on eBay once this thing drops.

really hoping for this. I could use some cheap Skitarii. Now I regret getting rid of 20 of them.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zuul the Cat posted:

really hoping for this. I could use some cheap Skitarii. Now I regret getting rid of 20 of them.

Between Necrons getting a new codex and the Babyknights it seems like that would be the thing people dump.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The Necrons are going to be the hard to shift side of this boxset, duders.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The Necrons are going to be the hard to shift side of this boxset, duders.

Yeah GW has acknowledged on several occasions that AdMech are a big seller and there's way more demand for Imperial stuff

whiteshark12
Oct 21, 2010

How that gun even works underwater I don't know, but I bet the answer is magic.

Pendent posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwCOrz4oEo

Good timing!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Pendent posted:

Good news, they just announced new Kill Team at GAMA. Bad news, sounds like it will be more like Shadespire.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Yeah I'm about equally excited for both babyknights and bargain basement Necrons. This is going to be an awesome boxed set. I didn't see that the box includes any dice though, is that true?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

mango sentinel posted:

Good news, they just announced new Kill Team at GAMA. Bad news, sounds like it will be more like Shadespire.
Shadespire is really good though. And that's coming from someone who loving hates Age of Sigmar.

I'd be interested in a 40k version though some things would have to change given how many models would have ranged attacks, no matter how minor.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oh nice! Will for sure be picking that up, as i'm about to dump my shadespire stuff.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Holy poo poo that's new terrain

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mango sentinel posted:

Shadespire is supposed to be one of the better games they've made so this would be great.

I'm pretty stoked about this, really. It's pretty nuts to see GW doing so much with their IP after letting things languish for so long.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Pendent posted:

Shadespire is supposed to be one of the better games they've made so this would be great.

I'm pretty stoked about this, really. It's pretty nuts to see GW doing so much with their IP after letting things languish for so long.

Agreed, Shadespire owns

e: Screencap of the new terrain:

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 14, 2018

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ok, that is definitely NOT like Shadespire. :v:

I wonder if they'll have adapted anything from Necromunda/Shadow War instead.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Safety Factor posted:

Shadespire is really good though. And that's coming from someone who loving hates Age of Sigmar.

I'd be interested in a 40k version though some things would have to change given how many models would have ranged attacks, no matter how minor.

I'm just getting blurbs from folks at GAMA and heard Kill Team will have it's own range of models similar to Shadespire. I doubt it's the same mechanics but does suggest it's own self contained game.

Edit hell yeah

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 14, 2018

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mango sentinel posted:

I'm just getting blurbs from folks at GAMA and heard Kill Team will have it's own range of models similar to Shadespire. I doubt it's the same mechanics but does suggest it's own self contained game.

I'd be totally down with that because Shadespire has some insanely cool models. Have you see those skeletons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Shadespire owns and Kill Team being a bit more like Shadespire might be cool. If the Admech team is separate I might pick them up as extra models - the dudes from Shadespire are playable in AoS and I don't see why they wouldn't do the same. And if not, hey, more stuff to paint!