Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Schrodinger's web shooters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

These dummies definitely aren't from Florida. Any Floridian will tell you a gator's jaws are designed to close really powerfully, but not open. You just need to

goatface posted:

Just web the loving jaws shut already.
You can literally hold their mouths shut with one hand.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
This entire goddamn fight is a Looney Toones cartoon and it's loving amazing

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Jonah's plan to stop the gator is to jam his hands into its mouth.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Spider-Man is determined to come up with more and more elaborate ways to murder reptiles

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he's making his own fun during this bad situation. if that means using a tree as a springboard to launch alligators, so be it

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Manatee Cannon posted:

he's making his own fun during this bad situation. if that means using a tree as a springboard to launch alligators, so be it

Hey the alligator is asking for it. Just look at how stoked it is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

goatface posted:

Just web the loving jaws shut already.

"My web shooters are broken, smart guy!" complains Spidey as he swings from tree to tree by his webs.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The next arc is going to involve JJJ taking the heat for murdering a bunch of endangered alligators.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I'm ready for one more month of gator fightin

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
I can't for the life of me find it right now, but I remember reading a jokey comic book pitch for a Batman story and one of the directions was something like "Batman wrestles with an alligator for 13 pages" and this is exactly what NSM is doing right now but completely earnest

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You know sometimes I worry the strip can't ever live up to the glory of Peter being tricked by his space-son into murdering Ronan, dismembering him and stuffing his corpse into a rocketship... then we get multiple strips of Spidey playing baseball with nothing but gators for bats and balls and I realize we live in a golden age.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

The next arc is going to involve JJJ taking the heat for murdering a bunch of endangered alligators.

He'll claim that Spider-Man is a menace who kills endangered reptiles for fun.
And he'll be absolutely right.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

I'd be down to edit a bunch of strips to have blank word bubbles. How many would you need?

A double sided 8.5 by 11 printout’s worth, ideally with background colors edited out as well. I can finalize and do arrangements and we can put this up somewhere as ‘Storytelling with Spider-Man: Write captions and fill in the plot!’. I know students stuck taking tests will appreciate it at the end f the day.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Actually we're just saving ourselves.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

And thanks to the colorist, Bruce has that log shoved in his pants even without editing.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Bruce came to the swamp to die and is pissed that they're not allowing it.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
If the cure for being cured of the hulk is being angry I'm done.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

uPen posted:

Buckle up and sit down, we all know you’re there’s no getting off the stupid train.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
This is it

Spider-Blood Hulk

Oh God, what is it going to be, I can't wait

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

uPen posted:

Haha, if the only thing Peter's Spidey-blood gave him was the ability to be more scared than angry I'll fall in love with this strip all over again

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Bruceski posted:

And thanks to the colorist, Bruce has that log shoved in his pants even without editing.
Also some kind of weird forehead hair fin.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Bruceski posted:

As someone said in the last thread, Newspaper Spider-Man is an edit of itself.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SilverSupernova posted:

He'll claim that Spider-Man is a menace who kills endangered reptiles for fun.
And he'll be absolutely right.
I can see the "next time" bubble already: The Newsman Who Cried GRONNNKK!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Spidey looks like he's trying to use a massive paintbrush.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nsm should smack jjj's with another jjj.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

nsm should smack jjj's with another jjj.

Yes, I want to see Newspaper Clone Saga.

Or Jonahverse.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Samovar posted:

Spidey looks like he's trying to use a massive paintbrush.
He's just played too much Okami, that's all

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I admit I would be pretty mad too if my hair dye started leaking into my eye in the middle of a fight, like in the third panel. That, or having Spidey blood in him now causes his skin to turn brown instead of green.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
HULK NOT DYE HAIR! HULK HAIR NATURALLY BLACK WITH BLUE HIGHLIGHTS! TAKE BACK OUTRAGEOUS ACCUSATION OR HULK STUFF ALLIGATOR WHERE SUN DON'T SHINE!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

davidspackage posted:

HULK NOT DYE HAIR! HULK HAIR NATURALLY BLACK WITH BLUE HIGHLIGHTS! TAKE BACK OUTRAGEOUS ACCUSATION OR HULK STUFF ALLIGATOR WHERE SUN DON'T SHINE!

He's going to throw it at Oregon instead of Jersey?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

davidspackage posted:

OR HULK STUFF ALLIGATOR WHERE SUN DON'T SHINE!

This is animal cruelty, alligators are ectotherms.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Open him up and take out my blood? What a great idea!"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Newspaper Savage Banner. Never thought I'd see it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Why is JJ whispering to Spiderman while checking out Bruce's rear end? You guys see it too, right?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bruceski posted:

Why is JJ whispering to Spiderman while checking out Bruce's rear end? You guys see it too, right?

What happens in the swamp, stays in the swamp.

Which coincidentally is how those two businessmen were hoping to get away with the murder.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Push El Burrito posted:

Newspaper Savage Banner. Never thought I'd see it.

"If we get some of my DNA mixed in him, it'll counteract YOUR menacing bloodstream and the result will make him revert to The Hulk! But we don't have syringes, the only way is for me to seduce him. Lemme call Peter Parker, an egghead like him knows how to get this fine piece of nerd rear end ready."

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Jerusalem posted:

What happens in the swamp, stays in the swamp.

Newspaper Deliverance

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bruceski posted:

He's about to tell Spider-Man to give Banner the old Spider-Kancho to make him mad enough to finally Hulk out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jonah and Spidey working as a team just brings a smile to my face. The fact that it's to fight alligators and harass a half naked man is just icing.