Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/AlexPappas/status/974048834010611712

Everyday I'm shuffling

farraday fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

huckabee family outraged

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
At the rate we're going, Bolton will be shuffled out for someone else before he can actually do anything

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

lol mattis is going to suplex bolton right out of the white house within a month

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Willo567 posted:

It's clear that he's most likely going to be the one to replace McMaster. I'm just going to keep on living life, and not check Twitter 24/7 about him

Good luck with that. Sincerely.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

skylined! posted:

huckabee family outraged

you had a chance for an even more direct Romney joke and whiffed

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

if you want to make the trump mouth you just gotta close your lips and not let your tongue touch any part of your mouth.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

skylined! posted:

lol mattis is going to suplex bolton right out of the white house within a month

So is he just afraid to even talk to Mattis or something? I mean I get it, the dude is a respected general. But Mattis has repeatedly shot down most of Trump's bat poo poo insane ideas, and I doubt Bolton is going to have any better luck.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

What gives me solace is that it's the kids who wanted to hold the forum, and it's their shitheel parents that shut it down. It's a great message to the kids about what cowards their parents are.

This is what I love about it. The surest way to drive their interest is to try to make the knowledge verboten. Administrators gonna administrate.

bogoodski posted:

I've been thinking about something along these same lines today.

I'm 34 years old, so 9/11 occurred while I was in high school. My age group graduated into a country that was deceived into war. And then we finished college just in time to watch pensions be privatized (and wiped out), to enter the job market during the Great Recession and to become adults and culturally aware about the time a reality TV shuckster of a President was revealing and stoking the nation's racism and hate. My little segment of my generation is almost necessarily cynical

These kids, though. They can generate thousands of social media followers and instigate national movements. For whatever its worth (and maybe its nothing), these kids are going to go into adulthood actually thinking they can make a difference. A notion that no one my age that I know thought was true for us.

I really hope they run with it.

That is a fantastic post.

Thinking about this a bit...I'm the End of X (39) and we thought the world was essentially the Change is Good issue from Wired Magazine in 1998. Find that pictoral spread if you can. We're utterly incapable of making a dent in anything but we still got (sorta) paid and set up before it all went to poo poo...but not by much.

TyroneGoldstein fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 14, 2018

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Honestly, I’m glad to see shitheads like Bolton and Kudlow join the Trump administration. The more we see the competent or pacifying influences leave, the more the wheels will come off this clown car.

The more chaos Trump causes the bigger the blue wave gets, so I want Trump off the rails, even by his standards, non-stop until November.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Quick, someone call Jeanine Pirro! Junior's lost in the woods again! :ohdear:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/973993872543100935

so sessions will be getting fired soon, trump will appoint an already-confirmed flunky to kill the investigation without a new senate hearing

sounds like it's almost time for infrastructure week!

So what happens if some Trump flak fires Mueller? I don't see Bob taking it lightly but he can't exactly say "nah, gently caress off you stooge, we're going to finish our work" since Congress sure as poo poo won't support him investigating Trump (and a bunch of them like Nunes and Rorbacher). Democrats would love to get their hands on all of it and taking either chamber of Congress in November means that chamber's only going to go even harder at Trump and his minions.

One upside to Sessions being fired: If Trump's dumb enough to pick another sitting Senator for the job the Dems might be able to snag another seat. :laugh:

evilweasel posted:

i don't know what dumb thing you think we're discussing but this is not about pompeo or the CIA lady, this is about Sessions

You know better than to do this.

And by this, I mean respond to mcmagic.

ACLU's going to have a goddamn field day with this.

Crow Jane posted:

Does he want the military to go after the protesters, or Nickelodeon?

yes

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I can absolutely 100% guarantee you have a bad and reductionist understanding of that sequence of economic events.

As usual I'm in the evilweasel boat but "we need to be super conservative about printing money, what if the 70s? :ohdear:" is a stupid, pernicious cancer in public understanding* of monetary policy.

* - lol

I can 100% absolutely guarantee you that Vladimir Putin is making another dumb-as-hell post for the sake of taking a poo poo in the thread.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

TyrantWD posted:

Honestly, I’m glad to see shitheads like Bolton and Kudlow join the Trump administration. The more we see the competent or pacifying influences leave, the more the wheels will come off this clown car.

The more chaos Trump causes the bigger the blue wave gets, so I want Trump off the rails, even by his standards, non-stop until November.

Kudlow is pro-NAFTA and anti-tariff, isn't that a moderating influence?

brockan
Mar 9, 2014

skylined! posted:

I would've believed this six months ago. But the supposed current narrative right now is that Trump has stopped listening to everybody. Hence the tariffs and all these firings.

The only way Bolton could probably get himself fired is if he called Trump an idiot to his face and publicly insulted him. But he's being too careful in his rear end-kissing for that.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

TyrantWD posted:

As long as we don't get nuclear war, I'm actually all for this idea. Let the last voices of sanity leave and everyone realize what a complete moron we are really dealing with. Stop legitimizing this idiot by your presence.

I think when even Mattis leaves and says "This administration is a joke," is when Republicans will have to actually DO something.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

TyrantWD posted:

also monkey's paw, too close to trump etc. there's no way they get the positions in the administration they desire so much without getting absolutely poo poo on by trump shortly thereafter.

brockan posted:

I would've believed this six months ago. But the supposed current narrative right now is that Trump has stopped listening to everybody. Hence the tariffs and all these firings.

The only way Bolton could probably get himself fired is if he called Trump an idiot to his face and publicly insulted him. But he's being too careful in his rear end-kissing for that.

bolton can't unilaterally dictate the department of defense to go to war with iran. who gives a poo poo if bolton doesn't get fired, he's going to be completely ineffective.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

It's like he has the inability to let his stupid loving mouth rest in a closed position and has to do it forcibly.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Good News: John Bolton's stache is back

Bad News: so is John Bolton

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
What’s amazing is how universally hated John Bolton is. I don’t think anyone likes him.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

brockan posted:

I love that Trump truly believes his instincts are best, when his instincts have utterly hosed up his life/ administration so far. Keep on trucking buddy! :downsbravo:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

brockan posted:

i am more surprised it took him this long.

skylined! posted:

also monkey's paw, too close to trump etc. there's no way they get the positions in the administration they desire so much without getting absolutely poo poo on by trump shortly thereafter.

bolton can't unilaterally dictate the department of defense to go to war with iran. who gives a poo poo if bolton doesn't get fired, he's going to be completely ineffective.

isnt bolton basically viewed as chicken hawk nutjob in most millitary/DOD/IC circles?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

I love that Trump truly believes his instincts are best, when his instincts have utterly hosed up his life/ administration so far. Keep on trucking buddy! :downsbravo:

this. he thinks its everyone/someone elses fault that he is deep in the poo poo. and thats why he is gonna keep burning through lickspittles and stooges, til he runs out.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

isnt bolton basically viewed as chicken hawk nutjob in most millitary/DOD/IC circles?

that is my understanding, yes. he will accomplish nothing and be a total waste of time, space and media energy.

and if i'm wrong we all die i guess so really there's no downside.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lote posted:

What’s amazing is how universally hated John Bolton is. I don’t think anyone likes him.

The Mercers do, apparently.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Monty Python sure got weird in the fourth season.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Lmao! Mulvaney as COS??? The Trump tweets this summer are going to be glorious!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

LMAO, Mulaveny, the hoarder of Executive titles

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I dont think kids who get suspended for leaving school, regardless of reason, are going to have any legal recourse. I think its been established that kids dont have freedom of speed in schools, but would love to be proven wrong.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

This looks like one of those photo sessions where someone photographs those ultra realistic army dolls in a sandbox to make it look like they’re real soldiers in Afghanistan. Only it’s a Chinese bootleg Will Arnett doll in a muddy ditch.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Office Pig posted:

The Mercers do, apparently.

Let's be real here; does anyone actually LIKE the Mercers besides their Nazi hedge fund money?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

they are really running with this

https://twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/status/973971535731003392?s=20

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

cr0y posted:

freedom of speed in schools

Looking forward to this Keanu Reeves film

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Senate just passed the bank deregulation bill.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

cr0y posted:

I dont think kids who get suspended for leaving school, regardless of reason, are going to have any legal recourse. I think its been established that kids dont have freedom of speed in schools, but would love to be proven wrong.

aclu is already arguing openly that students should expect punishment for truancy but that punishment should be in line with, you know, typical truancy.

walking out of class for less than a full period is akin to missing less than a day of class. can you remember when you were punished for missing less then a day in class?

the aclu has openly argued they have standing to pursue lawsuits for this poo poo. it's gonna get weird.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

At this point it feels like Trump is a frustrated toddler who's pulling in everything he can reach to try to obtain some sort of control of his situation, what he doesn't realize is he can't walk away from the dumpster fire because he's the one that wrapped himself around it with det cord.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Reminder about the NYC mayor election from DeBlassio's 1st win.

The regressive candidate said he's make the trains run on time by killing kittens and cats.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

Looking forward to this Keanu Reeves film

DAMNIT

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Krispy Wafer posted:

I haven't been watching this thread that much today, but it seems a little quiet considering everything that happened yesterday. Even my wife, who avoids politics wanted to talk about Rex Tillerson.

Like I think yesterday might have been a real bad day for Trump.

After Betsy DeVos' interview on 60 Minutes my ex-Catholic school principal cousin (retired) who's married to a retired cop posted on FB about how embarrassing it was to watch her and what a disgrace she was. I can almost guarantee she voted for Trump. Oh yeah and she's in Michigan.

poo poo is starting to Matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

cr0y posted:

students have freedom of speech in public schools, but schools can restrict it in the interest of preventing disruption. i doubt students can escape punishment completely but they probably can't be given harsh punishments if all they did was miss 17 minutes of class

plus it's not like any suspension really matters. no reasonable college is going to refuse to admit a kid because he/she got suspended for participating in this

• Locked thread