Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
million dollar mack
Aug 20, 2006
Larson ain't getting this cow.
How does one get a potato removed from parliament anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

JBP posted:

Ah ok I thought there was an an official response that acknowledged some kind of wrongdoing, but yeah I'm sure if it was there it was quickly carpeted over anyway.
From my understanding the 101 page "report" is a compiled complaint by a group of members from that branch that another body in the party investigated and found wasn't warranted.

That isn't to say that the complaints aren't valid, however. As you say, if there was a legit complaint it would have been carpeted over. I can't see any party going to a by-election not shoving that poo poo into a dark corner.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

"We welcome the prospect of progressive tax policy but we will wait for further details."

That's all they needed to do.
If Shorten wanted to secure Batman, all he has to do is commit to opposing Adani.

That's all he needed to do.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I feel every politician is a piece of poo poo but the main reason Bhatal is being opposed from forces within the party seems to be that she supported an indigenous woman first time candidate in preselection over some white guy who thought it was his turn

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

I feel every politician is a piece of poo poo but the main reason Bhatal is being opposed from forces within the party seems to be that she supported an indigenous woman first time candidate in preselection over some white guy who thought it was his turn

That's exactly what it sounded like to me too when I was reading about this.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
It's almost like the media don't want a left wing woman with a Muslim-sounding surname in parliament, and are willing to make poo poo up in order to prevent it,

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Don Dongington posted:

It's almost like the media don't want a left wing woman with a Muslim-sounding surname in parliament, and are willing to make poo poo up in order to prevent it,

It’s almost like a lot of greens don’t want dark skinned folk taking up their ordained parliamentary positions

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
career politicians who feel like it's 'their turn' are the loving worst

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Anidav posted:

"We welcome the prospect of progressive tax policy but we will wait for further details."

That's all they needed to do.

What are you to do when the journalist rewrites your media statement?

"subject to government and parliamentary approvals the project plans on blah blah."
Becomes:
'In a statement by the government "the project will blah blah blah" '

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Don Dongington posted:

lmao

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Here's to the eternal purity of left wing Muslim women.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Just finished laughing at a comment in a Daniel Andrews' FB update about a rail level crossing being removed and how the project is well ahead of schedule, and some idiot posts "If he (Dandrews) didn't have his union thugs working there, it would've been done by now".

Of course, if we threw workers at the problem like Qatar has done with their sporting stadiums, it probably would've been done by now, who cares about some dead workers along the way, we'll sweep it under the rug.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You guys are idiots and only Elon understands the earth moving power of a slave workforce.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Roller coaster of Musk

Roller coaster of Musk Musk Musk

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CrazyTolradi posted:

Doesn't support Labor policies 100%, so as per JBP's torrent of shitposting, yes.

ass frog
Feb 28, 2018

by Smythe

million dollar mack posted:

with a shotgun

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Is Aliex Butthal a australian citizen

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Look, Labor are the true champions of the downtrodden workers. Just forget about them loving over workers since Hawke, no please ignore the fact that they didn't make going on strike legal, look sure they really screwed the pooch with the FWC, true but they removed Workchoices, surely that makes up for the rest right?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Also if Grubby Greens are bad then Labor must be good, checkmate lefties :smug:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Alex butthole. Pay me Murdoch.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CrazyTolradi posted:

Look, Labor are the true champions of the downtrodden workers. Just forget about them loving over workers since Hawke, no please ignore the fact that they didn't make going on strike legal, look sure they really screwed the pooch with the FWC, true but they removed Workchoices, surely that makes up for the rest right?

Going on strike is legal :viggo:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

JBP posted:

Going on strike as long as the FWC says it's ok is legal :viggo:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
can’t go on strike if you don’t have a job

checkmate bludgers

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
The gun trouble and reaction in the USA is causing headlines around the world

Dutton: hmm maybe this is a good time we let gun sellers approve gun laws

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Give guns protection visas due to persecution

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

bandaid.friend posted:

The gun trouble and reaction in the USA is causing headlines around the world

Dutton: hmm maybe this is a good time we let gun sellers approve gun laws

Tasmania approves.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Derryn Hinch says he is fine despite 'slight brain trauma'

oh fuuuu

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

What a loving waste of two livers.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

rear end frog posted:

with a shotgun

Rip avs.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah but what has he said about the recent fall

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

million dollar mack posted:

Depends, if I'm having sausages, just mash it, or chips with a parma. And salad.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Glad the greens are going to stop this.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

How much money do you have to have to get )30k/year in dividends and another 130k from other passive income streams? I feel like it’s a fuckton

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Solemn Sloth posted:

How much money do you have to have to get )30k/year in dividends and another 130k from other passive income streams? I feel like it’s a fuckton

Probably around $3.5 million altogether.

$30k a year in dividend probably means an investment of roughly $500k in a high yield managed fund.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Machine gun the elderly

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

did you know THE drat GREENS blocked the alp’s original climate change policy which is why we HAVENT FIXED GLOBAL WARMING YET. and they VOTED WITH THE COALITION to change the senate voting rules which has literally DESTROYED OUR COUNTRY. they’re ONE NATION IN DISGUISE.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

:qq: retiree earns double average wage, would lose less than 10% of free money :qq:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Glad the greens are going to stop this.

Lol is this meant to be a bad news example?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

JBP posted:

Going on strike is legal :viggo:

Don’t you need to be in bargaining and for it to be ratified by Fair Work and even then it has to be voted on by the majority, which the employer can oppose for the most farcical of reasons? And after it’s approved if the strike doesn’t occur in 90 days you need to reapply?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Straight out of this classic image from the WSJ

• Locked thread