Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Before you close the thread, I want to say thank you Dark Id, for taking the time to LP this game. I really liked a lot and even though I played through the game, I was surprised by the number of things I did not know about, such as accessing the area with the creepy Emil heads so early (that gave me nightmares!), the secret Emil fight and the DLC. I really enjoyed this LP and I wish you all the best in your next endeavor! Thanks again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Thank you for the LP! Although I played the game beforehand, your run let me see all sorts of things I missed, not only the Emil ending that I missed but sidequests I never got around to finishing (cough info gathering cough). Plus, your commentary is pretty drat funny. This is the first time I've read one of your LPs as it updated gg please come back for nier 4: fishing simulator.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

So long, and thanks for all the LP fish.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014
9S did nothing wrong and all y'all "oh boy you're gonna hate him when IT happens" posters are really confusing in retrospect, after he never actually did anything wrong.

Priestly
Apr 26, 2008

Thanks for the LP, TDI. I've never been much for this whole "posting" business, but I did enjoy reading your fine commentary and seeing the thread's reaction to this wonderful game.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ManSedan posted:

My piece is that NieR:Automata is a good game.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, thanks TDI. :unsmith:

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
At this point, the only way I see Id coming out of LP hibernation is if Yoko announces a new game, regardless if it's Drakengard 4 or Nier 3.

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014
Thank you for playing!

:yokotaro:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Thanks for the LP, TDI. I didn't particularly care for Weight of the World before, but ever since last week it is one of those songs that helps me feel better when I'm down. Games are such silly little things, aren't they? :unsmith:

I own like 10 PS3 games total, two of which are Nier and Drakengard 3 and Automata is, as of now, the first non-indie PC title I've bought for full price in years. I'm happy that you came out of LP retirement for this amazing game and I hope life stops being a pain in the rear end to you.

Now that :yokotaro: is finally getting recognition I'm looking forward to Nier 4, the game about finding out what happened to Nier 3, in a few years.

chaosrefined
Dec 27, 2012
Thanks for the fantastic LP Id, I bought the first Nier because of your LP and I haven't looked back since. This was a hell of a ride and I'm glad I got to experience it when the thread had just started. Thanks for everything, Id!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Reminder that no one should feel guilt tripped into deleting their save if they don't want to. One choice is rational and the other is emotional.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I would barely even have been aware of this franchise were it not for Id's LPs, so, thanks for introducing all of us to the strange, twisted world of Yoko Taro.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Anyone who has all the cheevos and didn't delete their save file is a cop

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Game good, LP good, Thank you The Dark Id

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Game good, LP good, Thank you The Dark Id

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Always a pleasure to read these threads. Thanks for playing, friendo!

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

...! posted:

Reminder that no one should feel guilt tripped into deleting their save if they don't want to. One choice is rational and the other is emotional.

I once debated with a few internet buddies over the whole Deleting All Your poo poo with the original Nier. As a completionist, the idea of throwing all that work away didn't sit right with me, but as they put it, "What are you going to do with a full 100% file anyway, just load it up and look at it for a bit then shut the game down for another few months?" And I can't deny that they have a point, I don't think I've ever done anything with a full 100% file with any other game, unless it's the kind of game I might want to replay in the future and said game has a NG+. Automata... really kinda doesn't. I mean sure, you've got chapter select, but basically all you can do is now-horribly-easy storyline stuff, and, um... Well... Hey, look at that distraction!

In short, really ain't no point in hanging on to your data. Might as well go for a full fresh start if you want to replay the game.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bufuman posted:

I once debated with a few internet buddies over the whole Deleting All Your poo poo with the original Nier. As a completionist, the idea of throwing all that work away didn't sit right with me, but as they put it, "What are you going to do with a full 100% file anyway, just load it up and look at it for a bit then shut the game down for another few months?" And I can't deny that they have a point, I don't think I've ever done anything with a full 100% file with any other game, unless it's the kind of game I might want to replay in the future and said game has a NG+. Automata... really kinda doesn't. I mean sure, you've got chapter select, but basically all you can do is now-horribly-easy storyline stuff, and, um... Well... Hey, look at that distraction!

In short, really ain't no point in hanging on to your data. Might as well go for a full fresh start if you want to replay the game.

You also have the debug mode, which lets you try pretty much any combat scenario at will, but yeah. Sending it off to give someone a little encouragement likely does more than anything else you'd run through with the save.

Good game. Good LP. Somewhat less terrible thread than might be expected, given the precedent.

Exeunt, with a dead march.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Thanks for LP'ing one more round on Yoko Taro's wild ride, dude. Now go and be free!

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Thanks for let’s playing, TheDarkId! I wouldn’t have gotten into this great series if I hadn’t started reading your threads.

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND
I'm glad I finally got to catch one of these threads as it was updating, but now live in regret that I didn't draw more bullshit fanart.
It was a fun ride, Id.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I often think about the Dark Id who cursed us with this excellent Let's Play, and I wonder if we'll ever get the chance to thank him.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

See You Lets Play Cowboy

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bufuman posted:

Yeah, nothing like 100% or an LP to make you hate a game. Why not delete it once you've finished everything?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Thanks again, forums user The Dark Id!

Add me onto the list that picked up Automata because of this LP.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Bufuman posted:

This line of reasoning is why I've largely stopped trying to 100%/"perfect file" games, and decided to just focus on getting all the actual content. It's actually pretty hard for me to not go out of my way to wring out every last bit of rare drops or whatever, but looking at it logically, I'm unlikely to play most games more than once, even if they do have New Game+, and if I can finish the game with what I already have, why would I need more? If I really feel the need for some item or whatever, I'll often just use cheat codes nowadays. Worse yet are games where the ultimate stuff is locked behind what could be generously called "content" but is mostly unpleasant bullshit. Not long ago, I was considering trying out Final Fantasy X, but then I read a bit about how all the ultimate weapons get fully unlocked and my entire soul recoiled from it.

The one exception is the Sword of Kings in Earthbound, I'll always sit there for as long as it takes to get that, but that's pure sentimentality.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Analysis:

Fresh.

Glory to Yoko Taro's liquor cabinet.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
Thanks for all the LPs, Id. Without the Drakengard LPs in particular, I never would have known about Yoko Taro, which would never have lead me to picking up Nier in the first place.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

See you all next time.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Dark Id posted:

Anyway, I'm closing this thread tomorrow before we get more quality posters like this loving dipshit above. Say your piece and move on.

this can not continue

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

N:A is a good game, Yoko Taro, Platinum Games and the outside talent such as the voice actors are good at what they do.

And gently caress PG's complete inability to make decent tutorials.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for showing us this piece of art.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
thanks for the lp TDI

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

9S did nothing wrong and all y'all "oh boy you're gonna hate him when IT happens" posters are really confusing in retrospect, after he never actually did anything wrong.
:agreed:

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen
I remember lurking back in the Drakengard 3 thread when this game was first announced and how everyone was completely flipping out about it. Never in a million years would I have imagined that Nier would get a sequel, that it would be made by freakin' Platinum of all studios, that one of the protagonists would be voiced by the girl from Trapped (who actually does a fine job when her script isn't hopelessly dumb), or that it would all end up being such a resounding success. This is the most unlikely game ever and I'm glad it exists.

...I can't wait for Drakengard 4. :v:

TDI, thank you for playing!

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Have a good one TDID
Thanks to you Yoko Taro got my money

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

ManSedan posted:

My piece is that NieR:Automata is a good game.

iospace posted:

Also, thanks TDI. :unsmith:
:agreed: to both. Much obliged, TDI.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

Yeah I still don't get that.

Thanks for the LP, Id. Great work as always.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Thanks TDI. Great LP as always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Haven't posted I don't believe, but I've read all of your previous Yoko LPs.

Thanks, as always.

• Locked thread