Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I haven't posted in a week, and saved up all my shitposting abilities to write this, please feel free to send it to your congressman:

When the lobbyist takes you to lunch, I hope the food tastes like garbage
I hope your hot-mic-ed comments spark extensive public outrage
I hope they filibuster your landmark legislation
I hope all your donors are guilty of violating regulations
I hope you're made to do weeks of phonebanking
I hope your team falls in the congressional softball league ranking
I hope you forget to tell the journalist that this is off the record
I hope an old friend reveals your past is checkered
I hope your children marry whatever minorities you hate
I hope you can't even bribe your way into a Craigslist date
I hope you don't get to spend Christmas with your loved ones
I hope your test for racial purity reveals that you and your spouse are cousins
I hope that a video of you looking like an idiot goes viral
I hope you must concede to your honorable rival
I hope you actually help people but you don't get any credit
I hope you have a meltdown during an AMA on Reddit
I hope your official portrait fails to capture you
I hope that social media nicknames a tax after you
I hope that your district gets funding to become a garbage dump
I hope that you get a personal endorsement from Donald Trump
I hope the parties you're beholden to say they're unimpressed
I hope your former assistant says she kept the dress
I hope your consultants are expensive and have no idea what they're doing
I hope you invest in your own campaign and end up in financial ruin
I hope you get hung up on by the families of the victims
I hope your grandchildren live under a different political system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If only he'd say that to the 1% and corporations.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

twoday posted:

I haven't posted in a week, and saved up all my shitposting abilities to write this

You weren't kidding!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Lpzie posted:

I loving love how hosed the GOP is. They have to stand by Trump while running for office but that's a death sentence. Abandoning him is also a death sentence because the chud base. It's a catch-22 with a Judas kiss of death on one tiny hand and a scarlet letter on the other, equally as tiny, hand

i think they'll have no problem tossing Trump under the bus if it comes down to it. They'll play the victim and say "Oh my god we just can't believe it's true how could he lie to us? We're such kind and decent people we just couldn't possibly see it coming :("

his chud base is full of retards who will just lie about ever supporting him if it looks like Trump is getting thrown out of office

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

twoday posted:

I hope that your district gets funding to become a garbage dump
I hope that you get a personal endorsement from Donald Trump

lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Lpzie posted:

I loving love how hosed the GOP is. They have to stand by Trump while running for office but that's a death sentence. Abandoning him is also a death sentence because the chud base. It's a catch-22 with a Judas kiss of death on one tiny hand and a scarlet letter on the other, equally as tiny, hand

What's extremely cool is they plan to take us with them In a hail of bullets and white hot Satan

Death sentences for all!!!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

veiled boner fuel posted:

My brother in law has a PhD in physics and works for the DoE and I remind him, every day, that he works for this retard.

I also work for DOE (sort of) with other scientists. Last head guy was Ernest Moniz, the kind of weird scientist that should run the department. Now it's Rick loving Perry. As sad as that is, I'm really worried about who the next chud will be. Perry sucks, but he at least sort of knows his Department by now and can function minimally. I feel this is actually far too much to expect of a Trump appointee.
The next moron he chucks at is will start from zero and likely have a bad attitude.

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 15, 2018

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

TotalLossBrain posted:

Perry sucks, but he at least sort of knows his Department

The guy who called for the shut down of his own department because he didn't understand what it's for.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

crossposting from D&D

Reuters just posted a cool map graphic

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

If only he'd say that to the 1% and corporations.

why would he say that to himself

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Catastrophe posted:

The guy who called for the shut down of his own department because he didn't understand what it's for.

I'm still not sure he understands. I'm only comparing him to the rest of Trump's picks. Perry is a slow-burn disaster leading to slow funding cuts to research programs as you'd expect. Unfortunately he's also cutting/proposing to cut the operating budgets of nuclear waste cleanup sites that have already seen some nearly catastrophic failures with containment even with a proper budget.

Just saying: the next guy will be far worse.

Edit: To Perry's credit, he spent a considerable amount of time traveling to quite a few of the sites he's responsible for. Fucker toured my building a few months back. I teleworked that day because gently caress dealing with all that.
I don't think he learned anything on his tours but I got the impression that he's not stupid, just firmly cemented in place by his insane views.

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 15, 2018

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TotalLossBrain posted:

I also work for DOE (sort of) with other scientists. Last head guy was Ernest Moniz, the kind of weird scientist that should run the department. Now it's Rick loving Perry. As sad as that is, I'm really worried about who the next chud will be. Perry sucks, but he at least sort of knows his Department by now and can function minimally. I feel this is actually far too much to expect of a Trump appointee.
The next moron he chucks at is will start from zero and likely have a bad attitude.

My BiL was actually hoping there'd be big cuts and he'd get forced into early retirement. No such luck! I think his DoE job is also kind of a "sort of" thing but I don't really know how all that poo poo is structured.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Away all Goats posted:

why would he say that to himself

Precisely.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Catastrophe posted:

their job is to clean coal, right?

Moto42
Jul 14, 2006

:dukedog:

:cry:
Oh dear god, she's like a real-life Dollotron

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

I think his DoE job is also kind of a "sort of" thing but I don't really know how all that poo poo is structured.

DOE itself doesn't have a lot employees and those guys are mainly administration for big private contractors. So someone might be working for Bechtel Corp which has a semi-permanent contract to operate some DOE facility. The guys working there get paid by Bechtel but the work they're doing is for DOE. And in the unlikely event that the contract changes to some other mega-corp, the employees will likely remain right there and get their paychecks from new mega corp.
It's a defacto federal job without the federal benefits.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/danprimack/status/974011609361338368

TPP is coming back, boys! Only this time we've pissed off all our trading partners.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

nooneofconsequence posted:

TPP is coming back, boys! Only this time we've pissed off all our trading partners.

Except this time it is TTPP, Trump Trade Protection Pact

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

"What should we call it?"

"Well, the last coalition of the willing worked so well..."

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

USA- "Want to help us create our own trade pact against the Chinese?"

Australia, Singapore, Japan, Vietnam, Korea- "Didn't you completely back out of the offer we had on the table a year ago and throw a tantrum? Why should we possibly trust you? Also China is like the biggest economy in our deal. It would be economic suicide to push them out."

USA- "But it's different now guys, Now its MAGA!"

Australia, Singapore, Japan, Vietnam, Korea-"What does that have to do with you being a trade partner and how does that benefit u-"

USA -"MAGA!!!!"

Australia, Singapore, Japan, Vietnam, Korea- "...Yeah no thanks"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Jesus Christ does anyone else remember when we were making fun of Donny Goodbrains for dancing like a tool in that hotline bling 'parody'? Remember when we thought that was the top of stupid mountain? It feels like it was decades ago

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Where the gently caress are Maga hats gonna come from if we stonewall China?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

mono posted:

Where the gently caress are Maga hats gonna come from if we stonewall China?

I hear the Mexican garment industry has unused capacity...

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

THE

https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/973993482154139648

BEST

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/974074174921740289

PEOPLE

https://twitter.com/KELLYWEILL/status/973986815920222220

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lmao everything is about to get real expensive

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

not now Trump Train bot

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

oh boy

https://twitter.com/MaddowBlog/status/974094293496401927?s=20

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Vanessa did know she was marrying the one with the retarded dad, after all.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/974066909497954304?s=20

https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/974051476711485446?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 15, 2018

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Every GOP Lawmaker: "Well the american people voted for him, so it can't be a crime."

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

Every GOP Lawmaker: "Well the american people voted for him, so it can't be a crime."

maybe THIS will be the one that gets him!!!!!!11111!!! OMG Obama 4 MORE YEARS!!!!!

this is getting really sad and pathetic guys.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Tony Perkins sees the hidden agenda

quote:

Although the liberal media won’t admit it, there’s a deliberate effort to try to discourage evangelicals from voting and being involved. That’s why we’re seeing an almost daily rehashing of Trump’s past. Americans can’t make it through a half-hour of cable news without hearing about the president’s behavior back in 2006. They can’t open a newspaper without another columnist shaming Christians for supporting Trump.

That’s by design. Liberals know that if they can shame evangelicals for supporting this president, they can suppress their enthusiasm. Their aim is to translate that into a decline of our record participation in 2016. If that decline happens — even a little bit — they can retake Congress. And they understand as well as we do that if Republicans lose either chamber, the president’s conservative agenda is as good as dead.

Over the past 14 months, Americans have watched this president do more than stop Obama’s extremism — they’ve seen him reverse it. We have a rare opportunity these next two years to continue profoundly changing this nation for the better. We can’t take for granted the elections that make that possible. The balance of the Supreme Court, the future of millions of unborn children, the security of our country, and defense of our freedoms hang on them. Don’t quit now, not when we’re finally starting to pave America’s way back to greatness.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

RaceBannon posted:

maybe THIS will be the one that gets him!!!!!!11111!!! OMG Obama 4 MORE YEARS!!!!!

If you like your president, you can keep him!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Lol did that guy's wife really leave him?

Woden
May 6, 2006

Does she have the same make-up artist as Trump?

Both have that weird while around the eyes thing going on.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

kicked her dog, like a dog!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

:nsamad: Go take a swim in a lava flow you retarded old fossil. :nsamad:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jesus loving christ.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

RaceBannon posted:

Fresh chud invasion.

Tell us, why did you hate Obama prior to his election?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
And I thought Bruce Rauner was an rear end in a top hat