Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

squirrelzipper posted:

I’m 49 (yeah gently caress off) and have a son the age of the students in Florida who died. I’m not American but I hope that kids around the world see this activism as a signal that they both matter, and have power. My son and I discussed this purposefully because it’s obvious the adults can’t be trusted to steer the bus anymore.

To continue this a little, I don't think the X-ers and the Xennials really had a chance to get out from under the Boomer's shadow. We're a bit of a lost generation because of it. But we can lend our weight to the Millennials coming of age now. They've got our support when it comes to social change in a way that we didn't have the support of our parents. That support gives them a solid rock to make their stand on.

The sixties are looking more and more relevant to me every day.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

ummel posted:

Holy poo poo, are they still talking about this? Who the gently caress cares?

Wedge attack. Keeping standing Rock activists (an active online community, infiltrated by the IRA's " translation project", from combining forces work the #imwithher activists (also infiltrated)

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

mistaya posted:

But we can lend our weight to the Millennials coming of age now. They've got our support when it comes to social change in a way that we didn't have the support of our parents. That support gives them a solid rock to make their stand on.

We could, but we probably can just shout nothing matters into their face a bunch and tell them that republicans always win no matter what and that caring about stuff is lame

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Crow Jane posted:

So it's lil Donnie's bedtime and we haven't heard a word from him about the PA election, the walkouts, the chaos rumors, North Korea or Stormy Daniels. Do you think the wh aides are desperately playing keep away with his phone, or is he too angry/scared to tweet?

My money's on locked himself in the bathroom to tweet'n'poop, but forgot to bring his phone and is too stubborn to come out.

Funny you should ask about the PA results:
https://mobile.twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/974103719481618432

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
My father fell and got a concussion. Doctor's asking him the date, where he's at, etc. Answers everything perfectly. Doctor asks who the current president is, and he has no clue.

So. Jealous.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Slugworth posted:

My father fell and got a concussion. Doctor's asking him the date, where he's at, etc. Answers everything perfectly. Doctor asks who the current president is, and he has no clue.

So. Jealous.

Legit hope your dad's ok. But yeah, that's a benefit.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Slugworth posted:

So. Jealous.

I'm not, because he gets to find out that Trump is president a second time in his life.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

That honestly reads like he has a little crush on Lamb

Also I hope your dad's okay Slugworth

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Crow Jane posted:

That honestly reads like he has a little crush on Lamb

Well he's probably going to need a replacement for Jared here pretty soon..

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Slugworth posted:

So. Jealous.

I had to take my grandfather for cognitive tests back in 2009. Even in Canada they ask you who the US president is. He responded, lightning quick, "the black guy." The nurse just rolled her eyes and went "close enough," and marked it a pass.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Trump gave a talk in st Louis and apparently my ceo was on the panel and the entire c suite was making fun of Trump and the ceo because he's a die hard Democrat married to an immigrant who loving hates Trump.

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I heard the theme song in my head. Thanks, rear end in a top hat :manning:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

nine-gear crow posted:

I heard the theme song in my head. Thanks, rear end in a top hat :manning:

I'd pay a lot of money for a clip of Don Jr. putting his hand down on a barbed fence.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Propaganda Hour posted:

I'd pay a lot of money for a clip of Don Jr. putting his hand down on a barbed fence.

Eric probably does it on a daily basis

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

nine-gear crow posted:

I had to take my grandfather for cognitive tests back in 2009. Even in Canada they ask you who the US president is. He responded, lightning quick, "the black guy." The nurse just rolled her eyes and went "close enough," and marked it a pass.

Hahah, really? In the end stages of my grandma's dementia, she thought that Reagan was still president which I thought must have been her own private hell since she was a life long democrat.

Caros
May 14, 2008

loving :five:

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Has this been posted yet? If so, I apologize. Actually, I apologize either way.
https://twitter.com/laurenduca/status/974064363932995584

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Crow Jane posted:

Eric probably does it on a daily basis

“Dad says I’m not allowed to play around the ouch wall anymore.”

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Nothus posted:

Hahah, really? In the end stages of my grandma's dementia, she thought that Reagan was still president which I thought must have been her own private hell since she was a life long democrat.

Trump is the president I think about the most day to day of any president in my life, I can absolutely imagine it being 50 years from now and that being the one I can think of.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

BattleMaster posted:

I'm not, because he gets to find out that Trump is president a second time in his life.

Ever see the indy film "Goodbye Lenin"?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Phlag posted:

holy gently caress aaaa nope NOPE nope nws that poo poo

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Alabama Sheriff Legally Took $750,000 Meant To Feed Inmates, Bought Beach House

quote:

A sheriff in Alabama took home as personal profit more than $750,000 that was budgeted to feed jail inmates — and then purchased a $740,000 beach house, a reporter at The Birmingham News found.

And it's perfectly legal in Alabama, according to state law and local officials.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Phlag posted:

Nah that ain't real

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Phlag posted:

Those two schmucks look like I always imagined Crabbe and Goyle in Harry Potter.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Fuuuuuck the mother loving police AND gently caress our lovely Justice system.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Phlag posted:

That's the unphotoshopped version... right?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Lol at Ivanka wearing white to someone else's wedding. I somehow feel like her dad would do the exact same thing if he were a woman

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Phlag posted:

"Well them Trump boys got 'em some real dolls and thought they'd have a little fun and make some funny pitchers."

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

I am gobsmacked. Who made these legal loopholes? How did they feed the inmates then or find the means to do so?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

:fuckoff: Holy poo poo that’s infuriating :fuckoff:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm uh, thinking of becoming a sheriff now.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/evansiegfried/status/971566904136601605?s=20

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

quote:

Before he made headlines for profiting off the law, Entrekin was better known for being indebted by it.

When Entrekin's predecessor died while still in office, all the money in the food provision account went to his estate — as state law dictated, a county official told NPR. Entrekin had to borrow $150,000 to keep the inmates fed. He was paying down that debt for years, The Gadsden Times reported.

In 2009, while he was still in debt from paying for inmates' food, Entrekin told the Times that he personally thought the law needed to be changed. But he noted that it might cost more money for taxpayers if the county commission had to manage jail kitchens through an open bid process.

David Akins, the chief administrative officer of the Etowah County Commission, agrees with that assessment. He says the commission is not eager to take on that duty, as some other local governments have done.

"The sheriff can feed inmates cheaper than the county can," he said.

:wtc:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Malachi Constant posted:

"Well them Trump boys got 'em some real dolls and thought they'd have a little fun and make some funny pitchers."

Did anyone see that the videogame "inside" teamed up with real doll to make something secret for the collector edition? (Presumably a disgusting lump of flesh)

Caros
May 14, 2008

Hastings posted:

I am gobsmacked. Who made these legal loopholes? How did they feed the inmates then or find the means to do so?

The law is a holdover from the great depression, which should basically tell you what you need to know about why it is hosed up. Not that it excuses it still being the law in *checks calendar* loving 2018? Are you kidding me?!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Puppy mill, steel mill... :shrug:

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Phlag posted:

That RealDoll company does some amazing work...

e: f,b

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

mistaya posted:

The sixties are looking more and more relevant to me every day.

The sixties ended with the Democratic party hopelessly divided and Richard Nixon as POTUS, my man :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Slugworth posted:

So. Jealous.

My brother was in that situation recently and it's scary as gently caress.

It occurs to me that if my father or any of his brothers were concussed enough to not remember who's in the oval office, the exchange would go something like this:

"Wait, who's the president?"
"Donald Trump."
"Get out!"
"I mean, you voted for him."
"What? Why the hell would I -"
"The fetuses."
"Oh. Right."

Uglycat posted:

Ever see the indy film "Goodbye Lenin"?
Aw man. I definitely would've made some "fake news" to keep my mom happy in her final days though I can't imagine her needing such a scenario. Then again, she wasn't too happy about Trump being elected near the end so...

• Locked thread