Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Could Drew finally get a threatening defense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Saints were pretty close to the nfccg last year. Maybe they're just going to ball out and try for one last ring.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlindSite posted:

Saints were pretty close to the nfccg last year. Maybe they're just going to ball out and try for one last ring.

What's the worst that could happen? 7-9 and in cap hell again?

Give Drew a sendaway Super Bowl win or two and let him retire like Elway.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
39 year old QB who still plays like a Pro Bowler? Of course you blow up the cap for a two year run.

Also no guarantee that Kamara is good in 3-4 years anyway. RBs sometimes explode after 1-2 great seasons.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

Yes, let that happen.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Slowpoke! posted:

39 year old QB who still plays like a Pro Bowler? Of course you blow up the cap for a two year run.

Also no guarantee that Kamara is good in 3-4 years anyway. RBs sometimes explode after 1-2 great seasons.

See Martin, Doug

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Give Drew a sendaway Super Bowl win or two and let him retire like Elway.

Yeah I agree. They're going to have to strip a lot bare once breesus hangs em up. I'd break the bank too.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yeah, it's the right play. Go for broke for the next 2 years then just eat whatever poo poo we have to afterwards.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlindSite posted:

Yeah I agree. They're going to have to strip a lot bare once breesus hangs em up. I'd break the bank too.

I still think the Saints either move up or hope the QB of the future comes down to them in Rodgers style and pick one in the first round. I think unless we get a TE in FA, a TE in the first is another option, but I could see Drew telling Sean Payton to go ahead and pick up the QB of the future now. Problem is, I don't know what they could give besides a Ditka style trade to move up significantly. Maybe Mark Ingram (not that I'd want that)?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

I still think the Saints either move up or hope the QB of the future comes down to them in Rodgers style and pick one in the first round. I think unless we get a TE in FA, a TE in the first is another option, but I could see Drew telling Sean Payton to go ahead and pick up the QB of the future now. Problem is, I don't know what they could give besides a Ditka style trade to move up significantly. Maybe Mark Ingram (not that I'd want that)?

Have there been any rumors about qbs the Saint are interested in? Thought I heard grumblings about Mayfield saying the Saints were showing him a lot of interest.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I doubt baker is around barring some blockbuster trade. Rosen seems like the type to take a tumble draft day though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

weird Asian candy posted:

Have there been any rumors about qbs the Saint are interested in? Thought I heard grumblings about Mayfield saying the Saints were showing him a lot of interest.

That's the one I've heard the most, although I've seen Lamar Jackson to them at 27 in a few mock drafts.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

That's the one I've heard the most, although I've seen Lamar Jackson to them at 27 in a few mock drafts.

Lamar and Payton would be a problem...

: /

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I’d be happy with Jackson, Rosen or Mayfield, if any of them drop to the Saints.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
A pass rusher!

https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status/974284086658334721?s=19

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’d be happy with Jackson, Rosen or Mayfield, if any of them drop to the Saints.

Jackson somehow dropping that far would be awesome.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

You leave him be. You already ruined Carl Nicks. Leave him alone and let him stay with the Saints.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

You leave him be. You already ruined Carl Nicks. Leave him alone and let him stay with the Saints.

He's gonna reunite with his old DL coach, Brenston Buckner.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Suh is going to end up in New Orleans, isn't he?

gdi

Go to Seattle, Suh! You know you want to!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm gonna like this Beau Allen fella.

https://twitter.com/JennaLaineESPN/status/974325490549899264?s=19

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Oh Dontari, what have you done?!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Oh Dontari, what have you done?!

gettin' paid

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

gettin' paid

Still early and all but I feel like NO and CAR getting better while we just getting worse : /

The Fusco signing from what I have read should be an upgrade over Wes...but losing Poe and Clay is gonna suck if they don't know the draft outta the park.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Has Carolina actually signed anyone to make the team better?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Asnorban posted:

Norv!

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/974361272258060289

so uh, not the signing I expected for Carolina. Not really bad, but I'm not sure where the money for this contract's coming from, I thought they were out of cap room

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Asnorban posted:

Define "better"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/SlaterNFL/status/974377207522095105?s=19

Don't let him leave, Loomis.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

He won't, don't worry. This is like the worst offseason in recent memory and Suh to the Saints will just cap that off.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

WampaLord posted:

Define "better"

That was posted in response to this.

Still early and all but I feel like NO and CAR getting better while we just getting worse : /

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

He won't, don't worry. This is like the worst offseason in recent memory and Suh to the Saints will just cap that off.

Just wait until the Saints hoist that Lombardi trophy in that other Mercedes Benz dome.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Just wait until the Saints hoist that Lombardi trophy in that other Mercedes Benz dome.

It's called the Super Duper Dome SIR

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Meh, not buying that much into them but it would also be the most Atlanta thing ever so...probably.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
$9 mil on a DT is dumb.

The Panthers could have had Allen Robinson if they just spent better.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Saints owner died. They winnin the SB y’all

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Ah gently caress. Can't wait for his shitbag kids or widow to move the team.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just found that out in another thread. drat, let the fighting begin.

https://twitter.com/GregBensel/status/974392050895458315/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

Win one for the rich guy.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That musta been one helluva bounty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Well, if you hate the New Orleans Saints, the good news is that they won't exist in 3 years. They'll be some other, larger market's team.

• Locked thread