Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

arisu posted:

TT/Christine is my favorite chainer :D

(I found the FFBE chain macro maker and had to play around with it)

Haha, Christ.

Is the monthly bundle worth the lapis? I could use the awakening mats and I have 11k lapis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Kjermzs posted:

Haha, Christ.

Is the monthly bundle worth the lapis? I could use the awakening mats and I have 11k lapis.

Hellllllll no. Awakening mats are cheap. You can get a bunch from grinding the FFIX event for the next day or so. The Lara Croft bundle is a toss-up, though. If you want the shiny toy guns, then it's worth the money. If you're not spending money, save the lapis for TM grinding or pulling for better units.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Since Hitman is under the SE umbrella and we have all these DW guns, we need a Hitman collab with the silver Ballers as a reward/TMR.

The bundle guns would be more enticing if Doublehand guns were really good, or if they weren't giving away a comparative item in the hard event quest.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kjermzs posted:

Jesus Rainbow. I just 1 shot Castle LGD chaining our TTerras together after a 1 turn set up. Your TTerra is everything I wish mine to become.

I'm actually working on some Letters and Arms (Ingus's TMR) to make her magic even higher... her sword is Sylvia's TMR.

Most goons have that setup, many with Fryevia's sword, I came to macro grinding later than them.

(Everyone beat Gilgamesh that needed to, I hope? I can switch back if needed.)

PaybackJack posted:

Since Hitman is under the SE umbrella and we have all these DW guns, we need a Hitman collab with the silver Ballers as a reward/TMR.

The bundle guns would be more enticing if Doublehand guns were really good, or if they weren't giving away a comparative item in the hard event quest.

The gold submachinegun is good for... Light Veritas?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

Square dropped Io and Io kept the license so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The gold submachinegun is good for... Light Veritas?

It's currently BiS for her, actually. Which is hot garbage if you use VoL but what can you do.

FF7 Barret comes with a better TMR gun for VoL, but by that point we'll be knee-deep in the 7*s and I think VoL wasn't one of the stronger 7* units.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Square dropped Io and Io kept the license so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

poo poo you should have told me before I bought the latest Hitman title :rimshot:

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

New banner is interesting...may actually drop some tickets to see if I can get some dupes of TTerra and Loren

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Acelerion posted:

New banner is interesting...may actually drop some tickets to see if I can get some dupes of TTerra and Loren

If they were solo on the banner, or even sharing it with another unit, I'd consider it, but those are some pretty troll-y banners for a 1/5 chance of getting an op character.

I'd love to grab Loren #1 given how OP she is at 7*, but not with those odds.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
The odds overall aren’t bad on getting a good unit. They all have some stinkers. I think the healer banner is probably the worst ratio of bad:good results. At least on attack and magic there are 4 good units and 2 not so great. If you’re aiming for a specific unit, yeah, it’s terrible. But for the most part the banners aren’t trash.

I’ll probably go for the attack one even though I have very little use for Prishe and Reberta’s TMs. I have a shot at 7* Aileen, 7* Loren, my first Marshall Glove and Olive’s stmr, whatever that ends up being.

e: magic is probably better. But BS Sakura is the only unit I don’t have. Everyone else I have 7* waiting. And I also have two of those ladies’ stmrs waiting.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Mar 15, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

If they were solo on the banner, or even sharing it with another unit, I'd consider it, but those are some pretty troll-y banners for a 1/5 chance of getting an op character.

I'd love to grab Loren #1 given how OP she is at 7*, but not with those odds.

The odds of getting a specific rainbow in any of those banners is the same as if it was a 2 5* banner. If you want two of the units in the banner then it comes up to similar rates as a single 5* banner. If you want 3 of the units then it's a better deal than most banners.

I'd be more likely to roll on them if I already didn't have multiples on most of those units and I really really don't want another Fina unless Gumi mentions they are reworking her 7* for global

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The true shame of these banners is that you can't get Bedile'd by them.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The odds of getting a specific rainbow in any of those banners is the same as if it was a 2 5* banner.

Ah, I thought these were the typical boosted rates banners. I guess that's better, but I think it's still probably worth waiting for better banners as I have a lot of the units on each of these and who knows if it's worth trying to pull a 2nd Reberta or a Barb hoping they're good at 7*.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I have about 6 friend slots open if anyone else is going to be using Fixed Dice Tidus now that his enhancements are out. Mine isn’t the best right now. I’m working on some Desch’s Earrings. Hoping to maybe grab an Elfreeda during that new banner.

Player ID is 078,457,474

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Got bored, decided to burn all my EX tickets. First lighting off one of them, which I guess is good to give me another potential 7* character since we get the one free? Meh.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Infected posted:

The true shame of these banners is that you can't get Bedile'd by them.

Finally it's Rakshasa's time to shine!

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Can anyone put up Barbariccia for the Malboro trial? I want to try and finally beat that fucker.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Can anyone put up Barbariccia for the Malboro trial? I want to try and finally beat that fucker.

I’ve got a pretty decent one I put up. Not particularly tanky - don’t have a dark robe for dark resist. But she’s got discernment and over 5k hp and Diabolos for the dark resist.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Ugato posted:

I’ve got a pretty decent one I put up. Not particularly tanky - don’t have a dark robe for dark resist. But she’s got discernment and over 5k hp and Diabolos for the dark resist.

thanks trying it now.

Ayaka dualcasting banish clutch killed 1 tiny malboro when I accidentally left it at 1% with no visible health at one point.

Ended up giving up after starting a death spiral. Not sure if I messed up my rotation, but berserk touch got Ramza, and I forgot to dispel crazy mad's buff

edit: I may try again down the road with ayaka swapped out for Yan with world destroyer equipped. She has a really good all damage reduction, and can heal too

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 15, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So, do Tidus' enhancements make it easier to chain with him?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

So, do Tidus' enhancements make it easier to chain with him?

No, his frames do not change, he just does more damage.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I don't even have enough to get Quick Hit all the way enhanced, I'm probably better off sticking with Orlandeu for now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I don't even have enough to get Quick Hit all the way enhanced, I'm probably better off sticking with Orlandeu for now.

:same:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
"Get a free Lightning from rookie quests." :lol::lol::lol:

Guess it's progress towards her 7* form when it comes out (though I'll never make it because I have Aileen and others to 7* instead).

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
So I'm continuing to trick out my TTerra to make her useful to everyone. What other events provide purecrysts besides ticket events?

I'm also working off the following BiS list: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Best_in_Slot/Trance_Terra#True%20BiS

The only decent items I have are Omnirod and Siren's Robe, the latter of which will be replaced soon. I've got Victoria to 85% TMR for Dark Robe. Then I've got Timothy to work on for Trick Hat and Zidane for Dual Wield. Are there any other hold-overs that are recommended? I'm skimming through the star quartz and silver key lists. Earrings and Cat-Ear Hood look good. Rod of Judgement maybe after I get Dual Wield. I can get 10% MAG from a silver key and I don't see anything else worth while there. I made my first Adventurer ability.

It looks like Rod Mastery from The Octopus Teacher is the only thing that isn't TMR, does anyone have a carry available for it? I quick google showed that Noctis could pull it off.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

There's Story Events that we usually get once a month, their primary reward is ability awakening mats including T5s. They're basically big dungeons (not explorations) with challenge awards. There's no bonus units but the mobs do drop awakening mats up to T4s (Giantcrysts) so ideally you go with units that increase drop rates (Lara Croft, Xon, Locke, etc.). We'll probably get one next week since we just had two raids and a King Mog event.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Scrublord Prime posted:

There's Story Events that we usually get once a month, their primary reward is ability awakening mats including T5s. They're basically big dungeons (not explorations) with challenge awards. There's no bonus units but the mobs do drop awakening mats up to T4s (Giantcrysts) so ideally you go with units that increase drop rates (Lara Croft, Xon, Locke, etc.). We'll probably get one next week since we just had two raids and a King Mog event.

Good to know! I'll make sure to shove Croft full of Cactuars this weekend. Is it worth doubling up on her if I don't have the other dudes?

Edit: I do have a Locke!

Kjermzs fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 16, 2018

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Kjermzs posted:

Good to know! I'll make sure to shove Croft full of Cactuars this weekend. Is it worth doubling up on her if I don't have the other dudes?

Edit: I do have a Locke!

The drop rate increase does stack so multiples help. Once you get all the challenge rewards it's best to get as many characters with drop rate boosts as you can while still being able to clear the entire dungeon. Some of the bosses can be rough too. There are two types of drop rate boosts: Common and Rare. Locke boosts common drops and Xon and Lara drop rares. I'm not sure offhand which is better for event dungeons though.

also forgot to say:
Dual wield is really good, I'd suggest focusing on it. Plus if you get any good physical DPS characters they can use it too. Then Trance Terra can equip the Omnirod and a second good rod. The Surging Menace trial gives a MAG+71 rod. You found the good Star Quartz items for casters: Cat Ear Hood, Earrings, and Punishment Rod. Earrings are probably best to get first.

Get the Stat+10% recipies (MAG, ATK, DEF, and SPR) with Magic Keys. They're good enough to fill in materia until you get better stuff for your A-Team and are good filler for expedition units. The X-Killer recipies are also handy to have and there's some decent gear later on, mostly high elemental resistance gear like Flame Mail.

Also check the vaults. There isn't much for casters in it again but near the end is an Amulet for MAG+15% which can cover an Earring for now.

Also there's a tower of old super bosses in the tower in the west side of the Farplane area (King Mog's castle area). They're all pushovers but still have not terrible rewards and they're easy to miss. T.Terra can probably blow 'em all away without breaking a sweat.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
Tanks for the feedback. I found the farplane bosses on the wiki. I will hit those up. I pulled the trigger on the earrings before your post, I’m glad I made the correct choice

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Decided to actually pull on the daily half-off summon and got Explorer Aileen. I have no regular Aileen. What's my best option for her?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Skyridge posted:

Decided to actually pull on the daily half-off summon and got Explorer Aileen. I have no regular Aileen. What's my best option for her?

She's great for farming (can flat out replace Locke) and not exactly a pushover. Story events and cryst farming just got a whole lot easier for you!

Meanwhile, that 4* EX ticket we recently got from the Tomb Raider logins netted me Regular Aileen this morning, to go with the Explorer Aileen from regular tickets on her banner. Once I grind up some more stuff it's time for the 10-mans.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's really gracious of Gumi to support such a nice cause by having us give them money. Although that does remind me they almost made a bundle for the Manchester bombings.

Cynicism aside are any of these banners good at all or is this just a CG Fina trap?

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Kjermzs posted:

It looks like Rod Mastery from The Octopus Teacher is the only thing that isn't TMR, does anyone have a carry available for it? I quick google showed that Noctis could pull it off.

I put up Noctis on Diabolos with the Ulric Kukri + Hero Shield build (IGN: PDQ). Just follow the same instructions that are out there for this build.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
The new boss fight is so bad lmao

E: beat it but there was quite a bit of RNG crap involved. Rounds where he used Spitfire weren’t bad. I had to hope he didn’t spam Venom Spit.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Mar 16, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HGH posted:

It's really gracious of Gumi to support such a nice cause by having us give them money. Although that does remind me they almost made a bundle for the Manchester bombings.

Cynicism aside are any of these banners good at all or is this just a CG Fina trap?

Any banner that has two or more units you want is a better banner than a split banner with just one unit you want.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Dropped a 4* ticket on the women’s day banner. Got Loren #2. Guess I’m done with that.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

PDQ Law posted:

I put up Noctis on Diabolos with the Ulric Kukri + Hero Shield build (IGN: PDQ). Just follow the same instructions that are out there for this build.

Thanks Man! I can't seem to find a build using Ulric Kukri + Hero Shield, only Kiyomori and Bowie Knife. Is the strat still the same?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Yes. They’re both resist items (and kiyomori is an old event item not everyone has). It’s the same strat, just longer because of no DW. But this is also buffed Noctis versus the carry that used to be, so he can do a ton more damage and he actually counter-attacks innately.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Hey yo, shoutout to PDQ. Thanks for the noctis bruh, carried me right through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

PDQ Law posted:

Thanks I'm getting in on this too.

First go I forgot eye drops so I may give up this is brutal.

• Locked thread