Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

big nipples big life posted:

How is the Montoya suit going anyway?

I can't ever see that name without wondering if he's looking for a six fingered man.

EDIT: Can someone spot me a taxxe they block imgur here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hello my name is Reddito Montoya, you made fun of my spaceships, prepare to die.

I got you fam

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

big nipples big life posted:

They don't care what he was talking about, as Hav pointed out above Derek is known for threatening lawsuits for every imagined slight against him, he has been doing it since 56k was fast loving internet. Whatever his pledge was was worth less to them than having him threaten legal bullshit all the time.

He's known for seeing internet arguments through to the bitter end and they didn't want him taking them to court over their bullshit claims and blatant lies.

Which he couldn't have done if they were genuine claims and achievable goals.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SoftNum posted:

I can't ever see that name without wondering if he's looking for a six fingered man.

EDIT: Can someone spot me a taxxe they block imgur here.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

SomethingJones posted:

He's known for seeing internet arguments through to the bitter end and they didn't want him taking them to court over their bullshit claims and blatant lies.

lmao

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

SomethingJones posted:

Why do you think they want photo id? So it doesn't happen again. They'd be better off making them take an iq test or a loving spelling test before spending money on the store, filter out anyone who might realise it's a loving load of bollocks.

Yeah, they're obviously looking for journalists and spies because they've been incredibly spooked by some of the poo poo getting out there. They're doing all the _purity_ things that you're about to see another large scale criminal enterprise get up to in an effort to cover-up something that they don't want to get broader exposure like 'Star Citizen bad' because they need that revenue stream and some positive press that they're not paying for.

_We get it_.

Doesn't mean that some of aren't hanging onto our accounts for the _actual_ fun when this does release. poo poo, I can't believe I keep having to bring up the GDPR, but they have 1.9 _million_ accounts that need to be verified before 25th May. They're collecting and using state ID. All self-inflicted wounds.

I wouldn't worry about the thing surviving the white hot fury of the wider gaming community, either, it's just not really on anyone else's radar in the same way that it is here in this dead gay comedy forum. Theranos collected billions based on good intentions, but still cratered.

The SOTA launch should be an indication of the pain to come from CiG.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

seriously dude why're you still torturing yourself defending this terrible game in this terrible place

I'm a goon now, like it or not.

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

thatguy posted:

The Treachery of Memes:

It's only a crime that the joke doesn't work.

Imprisoned Jews can't be compared to CiG staff or backers. Staff and backers are in the prison by choice.

Also the goal of CiG is not to liquidate their victims, but hold them with emotional blackmail and perpetually bleed them. Star Citizen is way worse than the holocaust.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

SomethingJones posted:

The stupidest loving thing CIG ever did was give Derek his money back and eject him from the game. And then they lied about why they did it.

That tells me everything I need to know right there. It tells me how they deal with a critic who has more reach than a normal sperg on their forum.

The best anyone can come up with in all the years I've been on here is 'but your game is poo poo Derek', really? That's the best you can can come up with?

He knows the loving PROCESS at the very least. He understands the tech and its limitations. He knows how long a thing will take. That's more than I will ever know.

And when Bootcha noped his hard earned the gently caress out of the project? How many fucks did CIG give about that? Not a single one, they were glad to see the back of another critic.

And when backers first started asking for refunds? CIG asked them, 'is this because of something you read on the internet'

They have removed critics from sight of the project and they have attempted to manage the effect of that criticism on the remaining backers.

Derek isn't the only game dev who not only is critical of CIG but outright laughing at them. That network nonsense that Erin spewed? They haven't got a loving clue, not a clue, not even step 1, not even networking 101.

If anyone wants to sit and write a rebuttal to any one of Derek's criticisms I will sit and read it, learn what I need in order to comprehend it and respond.

I'll tell you right now it won't happen, just cheap digs and blatant twitter insults are the best anyone's come up with in 3 years.

Derek's criticisms of Star Citizen stand unrebutted and not only that but CIG have produced nothing proving him wrong.

The July blog remains as unchallenged non-rebutted truth as far as I can see and the unending, dull, lazy swipes at his game don't do a loving thing to change that.

So there's the challenge, show me where he's wrong because that'll be a drat sight more interesting to read.

Finished? I'd like my belt back from that beltdown.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Moma how does the belt coordinate with your bow ties ?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm a goon now, like it or not.

do you actually post in threads other than this one

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Daztek posted:

do you actually post in threads other than this one

I have/did. I try to occasionally? This one requires takes up most of my time M-F between 9am and 5:30pm PST (and sometimes later depending on ATV / RTV release days).

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

EightAce posted:

Moma how does the belt coordinate with your bow ties ?

You don't wear belts with bow ties dude! Only suspenders.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MoMA I just want to say I appreciate you bringing some levity to the thread in this dire time of insanely stupid slapfighting.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

I have/did. I try to occasionally? This one requires takes up most of my time M-F between 9am and 5:30pm PST (and sometimes later depending on ATV / RTV release days).

Just skip to the last page, imo

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

SomethingJones posted:

They only want certain types of customers.

It's like the terrible spelling and grammar in a Nigerian princes e-mail anyone with internet access could sort that out in a hurry. There's no need for them to look so blatantly obvious other than filtering out people who are clever enough to recognize an obvious scam.

CIG are exactly the same they only want people dumb enough not to notice the constantly shifting narrative.

Derek was a threat.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/974363107291271168

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Shadowlyger posted:

Derek gave people monkey butt avatars. Someone gave him an avatar that was more to the tune of "you're an actual monkey" which is really loving offensive when you know the person in question is black.

It does not surprise me in the slightest that this flies over your head.

There was nothign racist about the avatar that was given to him. It does not surprise me in the slightest that you found it so, with your delicate sensibilities and all.

Reminder that he claims Lowtax banned the user that gave it to him. Yet no one was banned. A guy who goes on podcasts with a white nationalist, links to Breibart pieces and tosses around an Auschwitz joke like no big deal to further his lovely agenda should also have thicker skin.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Has the rubbing started? Am I too late to rub?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ManofManyAliases posted:

Finished? I'd like my belt back from that beltdown.

You know Erris, the fear of litigation from Derek as the reason for refunding him does make sense as I'm thinking about it.

So thanks to everyone for responding. That's what's called a DIALOGUE btw, that's how it's loving done so congratulations nice job gg.

It makes sense because CIG did it again with Crytek.

I posted at length about the reasons given by the Bee Gee looking dev in Germany for the engine change not making any sense. It was a question of support, remember? Of course you do.

Crytek only support the engine as documented, and only cover training for the first period. Brian Chambers said the support from Crytek was, and I quote, "essentially zero".

Amazon offer the same level of support. As documented. Not for spaceships. Or MMOs. Or pole vaulting.

So the real reason is they cut off business ties with Crytek the same way they cut off a business relationship with Derek.

Crytek was just another critic with enough ammo to sink them in court.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Aeka 2.0 posted:

you stopped?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
You know who else only wanted certain types of customers?

You guessed it, Hitler.

And look what happened to him.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Aeka 2.0 posted:

It's never too late to rub.

Although sometimes it is too early.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

SomethingJones posted:

You guessed it, HitlerDerek.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
I got some catching up to do.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
It is isn't it? They've tried to cut Crytek out of the picture and hosed it up

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

never not rub

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

SomethingJones posted:

You know Erris, the fear of litigation from Derek as the reason for refunding him does make sense as I'm thinking about it.

So thanks to everyone for responding. That's what's called a DIALOGUE btw, that's how it's loving done so congratulations nice job gg.

It makes sense because CIG did it again with Crytek.

I posted at length about the reasons given by the Bee Gee looking dev in Germany for the engine change not making any sense. It was a question of support, remember? Of course you do.

Crytek only support the engine as documented, and only cover training for the first period. Brian Chambers said the support from Crytek was, and I quote, "essentially zero".

Amazon offer the same level of support. As documented. Not for spaceships. Or MMOs. Or pole vaulting.

So the real reason is they cut off business ties with Crytek the same way they cut off a business relationship with Derek.

Crytek was just another critic with enough ammo to sink them in court.

Hitting the juice I see. We all have our demons - it's ok.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

SomethingJones posted:

You guessed it, Hitler.

A cautionary tale for the retail entrepreneur.

Thoatse posted:

never not rub

Never not be never unrubbed.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hitting the juice I see. We all have our demons - it's ok.

Refute the premise, move on.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
just got selected for a 10 to 15 day trial

unfortunately my dream of being in control of a runaway jury deciding the fate of Chris Roberts will remain forever just that, a dream. but I'll do my civic duty nonetheless

also it's loving cool as poo poo to be drinking at a lawyer/cop bar by the courthouse, I'm pretending I'm some kind of important lawyerman instead of posting about star citizen

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

SomethingJones posted:

It is isn't it? They've tried to cut Crytek out of the picture and hosed it up

They were betting on them not having enough cash to do anything about being hosed over.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

My dad, a cop, told me if I ever walk into a bar full of cops to leave.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I'm white so it's cool

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

What the heck is going on in here you animals?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
talkin about fake spaceships

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I really like that we got funny MoMA this week.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Not fake:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SomethingJones posted:

Are we talking about the same Derek Smart?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

I can say a few good words about you in the (very exclusive) anime forum. It has plenty of spaceship stuff too!

You just say the words and it's done... but only if you prefer Rei over Asuka (we don't want no degenerates over there).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

moma should post in gbs, the 1 true forum