Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Best beta patch notes.
* Fixed bug where post-apocalyptic machine empires would spawn with an incorrect capital building, causing it to instantly delete itself and fulfill the dreams of punk rockers everywhere
* Fixed bug where it was possible to inspect leviathans. Space Dragon no longer tells you his THAC0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsarentdangerous
Aug 11, 2008
Let me tell you about the Rixi. The Rixi are sad because they were conquered. Actually they were conquered twice in quite a short space of time.

The second empire to conquer them were my noble bird men warriors, who took additional casualties because we skipped the pre-battle bombardment in order to make sure we 'conquered' the colony before the Rixi were all eaten by the Devouring Swarm that was chomping through them at a rate of knots. I didn't realise it was a private genocide or I wouldn't have so rudely interrupted. (I couldn't intervene earlier and prevent the Invasion in the first place because the Rixi Star Clans kept their borders closed throughout the war).

I feel like foregoing the 'Recently Conquered' modifier for pops being purged/enslaved/assimilated/whatever might be a good idea?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

"Forcing an empire to adopt your ideology will now also pull them out of any Federation they are part of, and revoke all their claims on you and your Federation allies and subjects"
loving yeah, this is 100% exactly what I wanted out of it.

"Early Space Age primitives are now much less likely to nuke themselves unless due to observation station interference"
100% of the early space people I was observing nuked them selves to death :(

I didn't see anything here about some of my specific problems I've been seeing game after game, but some good fixes. I'd still like to know why I'm never getting great Khans or awakened empires anymore. I've run about 4 test games in a row with the mid and late game crisis sliders set to their minimums and gotten nothing each time. Bad luck? A bug with the sliders set on minimum?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

100% of the early space people I was observing nuked them selves to death :(
And no one can prove otherwise!

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
I think the Great Khan' mtth is the same regardless of sliders, so to maximize the chance of one showing up you actually want to set the endgame start year set to it's maximum. What are the minima, 2250 and 2300? If so you're about halving the chance of a Khan appearing, I think. Not sure there haven't been any AEs.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Staltran posted:

I think the Great Khan' mtth is the same regardless of sliders, so to maximize the chance of one showing up you actually want to set the endgame start year set to it's maximum. What are the minima, 2250 and 2300? If so you're about halving the chance of a Khan appearing, I think. Not sure there haven't been any AEs.

Ah so once the late-game date has officially arrived the game stops rolling for great khans?
Fallen empires still feel weird though. Usually they either wake up on their own or events trigger them awake. I'll match all the criteria for what usually wakes them up, like my fleet power growing to match theirs or even beating them in a war (but not taking anything, they're intact) or even a crisis beating down their door. Nothing. 3 fallen empires per map, 4 games, that's 12/12 failures to get woke.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Ah so once the late-game date has officially arrived the game stops rolling for great khans?
Fallen empires still feel weird though. Usually they either wake up on their own or events trigger them awake. I'll match all the criteria for what usually wakes them up, like my fleet power growing to match theirs or even beating them in a war (but not taking anything, they're intact) or even a crisis beating down their door. Nothing. 3 fallen empires per map, 4 games, that's 12/12 failures to get woke.

Everytime i kill a fallen empire, another fallen empire awakes, happend every time i played so far.. maybe it's a trigger, maybe not

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Baronjutter posted:

Awakenings count as Endgame material in 2.0, and thus can't awaken before 2400 (unless you change the Endgame slider). Like 90% sure on that one.

I am 100% sure that Crisis events can't spawn before 50 years after the endgame time trigger (so 2450 by default). I'm not sure if awakenings count the same. They might.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Cannot wait to start a new game using the scaling difficulty

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Is the Enigmatic Fortress still broken?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Veryslightlymad posted:

Trying my first machine empire game, and holy hell, this seems busted. I mean, I guess I have to build my pops manually, but... uh...

I can inhabit any planet I want, I have no penalties to anything. Sure my pops use energy, but gently caress it, they don't use food, so I can just build extra energy/mineral/science buildings on all the spots that I would normally try to make farms. Happiness is a complete non-factor, so all my guys produce the correct amount of goods. My leaders are immortal.....

...............what the gently caress is the downside to robots? Robots are just better than fleshlings, as near as I can tell.

Machines are generally weaker than bio once you get a hang of the game mechanics to min-max to the limit. Natural pop growth along with migration lets you fill planets/habitats quickly and hydroponic farms barely require you to plant lot of farms, also Bio gets access to harmony (Paradise Domes) which is probably the strongest Unity generator at the start of the game letting you not fall behind even if you go wide early (which pay off in mid-late game).

Bio also gets factions and Ethos which can be shifted midgame to really abuse things like Inward perfection -> drop pacifism after mass expansion/Eco and roll everyone over. Authoritarian is also extremely overpowered compared to any of the Machine benefits (grants you around 25% more mineral bonuses on top of racial)

Bio can also abuse Federations/Vassal systems cause the Bio Diplomacy tree is overpowered currently. Make Vassal -> Release Vassal -> Invite to Federation -> your 20% contribution is doubled so you get additional 40% fleet (of your max) that you don't you have to pay upkeep for and uh you can build it over limit if you have enough mineral stockpile, also they can stack up to 500 ships. Also since your only member is a 1 planet former vassal you will never lose presidency nor can they override your decisions.

Psionics is a free late game bonus you don't have to spend 2-5 years to convert your pop and you keep all your racial bonuses (Cyborgs are also strong, but synths are generally weak cause you lose all the bio bonuses). Also, Gaia planet transformation when you're super rich is a 10% bonus ontop of 20% happiness bonus.

That's probably the biggest reason Bio is stronger than robots.

Only exception is Driven Assimilators, who get all the bonus of Robots and Bio without any of the downsides. Still gets access to Federations. Gets naturally growing pop that don't require food, but gets bonus growth from food (???) starts with the strongest ascension perk built in (Cyborg) and 2 types of specialized populations. On top they get access to genocide war freeing all your influence for habitat spam/edicts.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

ConfusedUs posted:

Awakenings count as Endgame material in 2.0, and thus can't awaken before 2400 (unless you change the Endgame slider). Like 90% sure on that one.

I am 100% sure that Crisis events can't spawn before 50 years after the endgame time trigger (so 2450 by default). I'm not sure if awakenings count the same. They might.

I'm pretty sure they do count the same (but I'm at work and can't check the code). In my last game the Snailien Xenophobic FE didn't awaken until like 2455, even though I'd met the fleet power conditions for decades before (and in fact their awakening only slightly delayed the plan I already had to murder them for their Dark Matter tech.)

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is the Enigmatic Fortress still broken?

I read that it should be fixed for new games but the fix wasn't retroactive for saved games where it had already bugged out?

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 15, 2018

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Wassbix posted:

Bio can also abuse Federations/Vassal systems cause the Bio Diplomacy tree is overpowered currently. Make Vassal -> Release Vassal -> Invite to Federation -> your 20% contribution is doubled so you get additional 40% fleet (of your max) that you don't you have to pay upkeep for and uh you can build it over limit if you have enough mineral stockpile, also they can stack up to 500 ships. Also since your only member is a 1 planet former vassal you will never lose presidency nor can they override your decisions.

This is interesting, I've only played around with federations a couple times and found them to be horrible trap options that basically took away all your control over foreign policy and forced you into insane and bad wars. What's the advantage of having a federation of a bunch of OPM's vs a vassal empire of OPM's if you have the domination tree?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Baronjutter posted:

This is interesting, I've only played around with federations a couple times and found them to be horrible trap options that basically took away all your control over foreign policy and forced you into insane and bad wars. What's the advantage of having a federation of a bunch of OPM's vs a vassal empire of OPM's if you have the domination tree?

Vassal Empires don't give insane amounts of free fleet cap anymore in 2.02beta, there is zero benefit of having bunch of tiny Vassals (unless they are protectorate, in which case you get influence). You vassalize them first so your trust + diplomacy rating goes up over time -> release and immediate invite to federation for 100% acceptance.

Just by forming a federation, you lose 20% of your max fleet cap, which is given to the Federation fleet cap. There is a Tradition that doubles it, this applies to the vassal you release from what I could tell. So essentially you gain 40% of your total fleet cap + 40% of members. This fleet is under the control of the president (always you long as they stay below 10% of total planets in federation) and the biggest thing is that it has zero upkeep. Which by late game saves you literally hundreds to thousands of mineral/energy a tick. This on top of the fact that you can over-queue federation ship production, means you can even go over the cap if you have a huge mineral stockpile makes diplomacy tree that looks useless actually one of the most overpowered tradition in the game.

Edit: You need the take the single point in Domination to make the vassal, then Diplomacy -> Double fleet contribution which is 4 point investment total for essentially a zero-upkeep 1000+ fleet lategame that doesn't follow ship limits. It also helps that the rest of the diplomacy tree is actually really good also.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 15, 2018

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Wassbix posted:

Vassal Empires don't give insane amounts of free fleet cap anymore in 2.02beta, there is zero benefit of having bunch of tiny Vassals (unless they are protectorate, in which case you get influence). You vassalize them first so your trust + diplomacy rating goes up over time -> release and immediate invite to federation for 100% acceptance.

Just by forming a federation, you lose 20% of your max fleet cap, which is given to the Federation fleet cap. There is a Tradition that doubles it, this applies to the vassal you release from what I could tell. So essentially you gain 40% of your total fleet cap + 40% of members. This fleet is under the control of the president (always you long as they stay below 10% of total planets in federation) and the biggest thing is that it has zero upkeep. Which by late game saves you literally hundreds to thousands of mineral/energy a tick. This on top of the fact that you can over-queue federation ship production, means you can even go over the cap if you have a huge mineral stockpile makes diplomacy tree that looks useless actually one of the most overpowered tradition in the game.

Man that's nuts. Makes zero sense, but wow. Vassals used to give a lot of bonus fleet power but they killed that, it's based on their pops now which ends up being pretty much nothing. My vast vassal empire ended up giving me like +10 fleet cap when it used to give about +100

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Baronjutter posted:

Man that's nuts. Makes zero sense, but wow. Vassals used to give a lot of bonus fleet power but they killed that, it's based on their pops now which ends up being pretty much nothing. My vast vassal empire ended up giving me like +10 fleet cap when it used to give about +100

You could abuse both before they changed it, so you could hit fleetcap with vassals -> federate and have 400 free fleet, with zero anchorages.

They needed to change it cause without it the games were retarded

Take 4-5 planets, spam trading outposts -> do nothing till habitat spam -> convert excess energy using matter replicators -> have bigger fleet than a person with 40 planets and also better weapons. Enter repeatable tech/unity edicts before 2300.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dallan Invictus posted:

I read that it should be fixed for new games but the fix wasn't retroactive for saved games where it had already bugged out?

I have no idea. All I know is that when I attack it the game doesn't generate the special projects required to actually explore it. It stays dormant but I can't investigate it.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Been teaching myself how to mod the game so I can play as Robert House, immortal, on a tomb world Earth, with robots. Finally managed to get the civic working and started up a game to test it out before I work on it some more, and like the third system I surveyed had a living metal anomaly.

Guess I'm playing this one through!

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Wassbix posted:

This fleet is under the control of the president (always you long as they stay below 10% of total planets in federation) and the biggest thing is that it has zero upkeep.

Wait, you can maintain federation presidency so long as you have a certain majority of planets????

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Wait, you can maintain federation presidency so long as you have a certain majority of planets????

It only rotates if there is another member who controls 10% of total planets in the federation (includes habitat). So your nerd former vassal with 1 planet will never be the president (you can reject anyone else who tries to join)

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

dogsarentdangerous posted:

Let me tell you about the Rixi. The Rixi are sad because they were conquered. Actually they were conquered twice in quite a short space of time.

The second empire to conquer them were my noble bird men warriors, who took additional casualties because we skipped the pre-battle bombardment in order to make sure we 'conquered' the colony before the Rixi were all eaten by the Devouring Swarm that was chomping through them at a rate of knots. I didn't realise it was a private genocide or I wouldn't have so rudely interrupted. (I couldn't intervene earlier and prevent the Invasion in the first place because the Rixi Star Clans kept their borders closed throughout the war).

I feel like foregoing the 'Recently Conquered' modifier for pops being purged/enslaved/assimilated/whatever might be a good idea?

I thought that got fixed a while back. :confused:

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Wassbix posted:

It only rotates if there is another member who controls 10% of total planets in the federation (includes habitat). So your nerd former vassal with 1 planet will never be the president (you can reject anyone else who tries to join)

Well now, that changes some things....

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

So thanks to the new toxicity rules on the paradox forums things have gotten a lot better, you now need to go to reddit and steam for the really bitter tears.
People are flipping the gently caress out over the reversion to forced status-quo peace at 100% exhaustion.

"Oh look, more concessions that hurt single player in order to appease the .08% of players doing "competitive" MP in a 4x game."
"Whelp, it was fun playing Stellaris. Time to find a different game."
"Oh how terrible the loser lost we need to punish the winner.Maybe some people should just learn how to play the game."
"Stellaris 2.0: Nothing People Asked For But Got Forced Onto Them......."

A lot of people's complaints are actually fairly legit if you comb through the bad reviews, the new war system needs tweaks, the AI is still weird and bad, there's tons of new and old bugs, there's still pacing issues, the game is extremely boring if you're not setting out to conquer the universe. But they just deliver their complaints with such drama and bitter tears. I do understand people feeling cheated at "buying into an open beta" which honestly most all paradox games feel like, often for months after a major update/dlc, but it's sort of par for the course.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Baronjutter posted:

A lot of people's complaints are actually fairly legit if you comb through the bad reviews, the new war system needs tweaks, the AI is still weird and bad, there's tons of new and old bugs, there's still pacing issues, the game is extremely boring if you're not setting out to conquer the universe. But they just deliver their complaints with such drama and bitter tears. I do understand people feeling cheated at "buying into an open beta" which honestly most all paradox games feel like, often for months after a major update/dlc, but it's sort of par for the course.
This shouldnt surprise anyone about PDXDS anymore. The internet was a mistake.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Baronjutter posted:

So thanks to the new toxicity rules on the paradox forums things have gotten a lot better, you now need to go to reddit and steam for the really bitter tears.
People are flipping the gently caress out over the reversion to forced status-quo peace at 100% exhaustion.

Lol the quest to go ever further to find any corner where people are having secret, forbidden thoughts like complaining about stuff they shouldn't, just to endlessly parade it in front of people as if it's representative

It's fun to make poo poo up I guess, find the 5 people that don't like something and sit there incensed (or fake incensed) that they would dare think that stuff, just such a weird exercise

Did you know 3 people on steam didn't like it? Here's all 3 of their posts, so that you can read the complaints, which you didn't care to read in the first place because its dumb poo poo from idiots, but it's there. It's critical you understand some people are posting dumb reviews or comments, if you play Stellaris, because that makes you a Stakeholder or something :shrug:

And literally the only response is some variant of:

quote:

This shouldnt surprise anyone about PDXDS anymore. The internet was a mistake.

Such discourse, let's do it every DLC release in every thread, ah wait goons have it covered

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
I checked the Stellaris subreddit earlier today and there were some people being incredibly salty that Paradox forgot to remove the 3x weight multiplier on Climate Restoration if you have World Shaper, even though World Shaper now requires Climate Restoration. That's just such a bizarre thing to get upset over.

Also, didn't see this mentioned yet, but range modifiers should work now.

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Lol the quest to go ever further to find any corner where people are having secret, forbidden thoughts like complaining about stuff they shouldn't, just to endlessly parade it in front of people as if it's representative

It's fun to make poo poo up I guess, find the 5 people that don't like something and sit there incensed (or fake incensed) that they would dare think that stuff, just such a weird exercise

...Dude, the point is that it's funny. Shocking, I guess, that people would post funny things on a comedy forum of all things.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I can understand the pacing complaint, for sure. I spend a lot of my Stellaris time alt tabbed out of it while I watch TV... which has never bothered me enough to write the Internet a sternly worded letter about it, but I agree that that is probably not the ideal way to play a video game.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

Wait what why did that get changed back? I'd have preferred just escalating penalties or something.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Baronjutter posted:

"Oh look, more concessions that hurt single player in order to appease the .08% of players doing "competitive" MP in a 4x game."

lol what a bizarre take.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

OwlFancier posted:

Wait what why did that get changed back? I'd have preferred just escalating penalties or something.

People didn't like that it was forced and just hit you in the middle of a war when you were thinking "uhg just one more month and I'd have white-peaced out with pretty borders" so they changed it to severe penalties. The AI always goes for it at 100% but they found in multiplayer people would just eat the influence and unity loss and keep the hellwar going forever. Or even get into a forever war with someone where they knew they could inflict 100% on them way faster, then refuse to ever peace out so they could cripple their victim with no influence or unity. So, like the reddit person complained about, it was mostly for multiplayer balance.

I've complained a bit in the past from a similar angle that sometimes the game in balanced in ways that seem weird or bad to me as a strictly single-player player, but the new war exhaustion system forcing a peace at some point seems pretty important to the design goals. I'd prefer to see escalating penalties after 100% that essentially force a peace, but it's all probably just too open to abuse in multi.

My main problem with the new war system isn't forced peace at 100% it's just the rate at which you get exhaustion. So many wars I think I'm totally clowning the enemy, absolutely winning hard with lightning fast gains into the territory, blitzing their systems and steamrolling their ground forces taking planet after planet yet because of the combat retreat system they only have 40% exhaustion to my 35% exhaustion. This is totally fine if I'm going for a status-quo peace but you need a huge "warscore" for an actual wargoal victory. So it often feels weird and frustrating that I can steamroll their country taking 90% of it in a few months and they'd agree to give up all that territory in a heartbeat via a status-quo peace, but they're -100 against agreeing to keep all their territory but change their ethos or become my vassal.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 15, 2018

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

OwlFancier posted:

It's what's coming next in the updates. I don't know why.

I guess what's said above is why, but I'm not a fan of it. It's so frustrating to feel like you're winning then losing no matter what the war exhaustion ticker says.

I'd like something that told me why my fleet numbers sometimes go red. There's a few different reasons why it can happen and I find it hard to see what it actually is that's doing it!

Taear fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 15, 2018

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I can understand the pacing complaint, for sure. I spend a lot of my Stellaris time alt tabbed out of it while I watch TV... which has never bothered me enough to write the Internet a sternly worded letter about it, but I agree that that is probably not the ideal way to play a video game.

Lot of pacing issue stems from the fact that AI is so bad even at the hardest difficulty, once you hit the post-eco phase around 2300 only thing left is to roll over all the AIs/Fallen Empire and sit on your hands till end-game crisis starts.

I found setting mid-game / late game crisis timer forward by 100 with Crisis difficulty 5x makes the game super dense and threats are abundant.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

OwlFancier posted:

As always, it's explained in the dev diary: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-108-2-0-post-release-support-part-1.1079788/

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Taear posted:

I'd like something that told me why my fleet numbers sometimes go red. There's a few different reasons why it can happen and I find it hard to see what it actually is that's doing it!

Some stars have penalties like lower shields/fire rate/speed

that or you are out of energy and/or minerals

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I've found that running on fast is a pretty good balance for me, though a lot of people like fastest. I kind of like to throw something on the side and go back and forth without having to constantly be dialed in, though when I'm doing wars and stuff time becomes a lot more sensitive. Forgetting to adjust the speed after loading a save is really disorienting!

It is similar to a lot of more simulation games in that regard, where you'll spend time with setup and let your orders get carried out while you keep a bit of an overview. Sort of leads to a more relaxed/chill gaming experience.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Wassbix posted:

Some stars have penalties like lower shields/fire rate/speed

that or you are out of energy and/or minerals

Nope. Four fleets at four different stars.
I upgraded them to Dark Matter Thrusters. Only three of my four fleets got it but when I did it they all went red. Maybe it requires dark matter? The game doesn't tell me that anywhere though.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Ambivalent about new difficulty scales.

I'm irritated about being eternally out-teched in strategy games because any difficulty i find entertaining gives the AI massive research bonuses, because research isn't divorced from either the economy or from other bonuses. I'm much happier being outnumbered to out-teched. I'll probably just mod it.

However i'm unreasonably excited by "* AI should now be better at specializing its starbases".

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 15, 2018

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I completed Mega-Engineering, and I previously had an ascension perk saved. Voidbourne isn't there- Do I need a "new" perk to be able to start building mega-structures, or what?

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 15, 2018

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gamerofthegame posted:

they can't get as many hot and cool traits and such as fleshies

they're still better and hilariously dunk hiveminds

You can just assimilate cool organics with traits you want though.

OwlFancier posted:

Same, it drives me nuts when I'm in the middle of taking over a planet and it hits 100% just before I'm able to kill the last defender so I don't get it and war ends. You'd think it would at least wait until all planetary invasions are over - and prevent you from starting new ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
You have 24 months from the time one party hits 100% before the war ends. Plenty of time to sort your poo poo out. AI will always accept as soon as it hits 100% though.