Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

So... They're going to Noises Off the final number?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I get that they tailor challenges to help the queens but fucksake MAKE BEBE DANCE
edit-
ok, Kennedy's is one hell of a glow-up holy poo poo

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 16, 2018

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Was that Wintergreen on the stairs in the background of Shangela's verse?

e: It was probably Morgan but I want to believe...

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

SHANGELA ENOUGH WITH GAME OF THRONES AND GODDAMNIT AT LEAST GET YOUR DUMB REFERENCES CORRECT

Ned didn't go under a guillotine you dummy.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

what the FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
WHAT THE gently caress

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

SHENANIGANS

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I AM SO HERE FOR THIS OH MAN SO EXCITED FOR THIS LIPSYNC

ooooh bitch why'd you take off them heels

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender
Wait what the gently caress? My stream cut out and then shangela was out???

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Miz Kriss posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

FewtureMD posted:

SHENANIGANS

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

HELL YES

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

In Ptown over the summer Trixie performed her show in the finale dress. She was telling us that she'd be in the finale

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

SHANGELA WAS ROBBED

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
No MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender
I love Trixie and I loved the final lipsync, but I don't understand at all why shangela wasn't top two. Especially after the long shot video where she was working it

Also Trixie's outfit reveal felt underwhelming to me. Like oh you're wearing a shorter dress underneath. cool.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Illusive gently caress Man posted:

I love Trixie and I loved the final lipsync, but I don't understand at all why shangela wasn't top two. Especially after the long shot video where she was working it

Also Trixie's outfit reveal felt underwhelming to me. Like oh you're wearing a shorter dress underneath. cool.

she lost because she was up her own rear end this entire season and the jury of her peers got to choose.

Trixie's reveal was great; highfalutin' bathrobe to mod dress was her style in a nutshell and a total delight.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
At least BeBe didn't win

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the escape goat posted:

she lost because she was up her own rear end this entire season and the jury of her peers got to choose.

shangela takes loving oneself to a whole new level, even for ru paul

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

twistedbutterfly posted:

At least BeBe didn't win

Good point

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

twistedbutterfly posted:

At least BeBe didn't win

The only positive to come out of that finale.

Jazz Police
Nov 6, 2009

It's your fault, man.
It's just really disappointing that neither of the clear frontrunners were even in the final two. No Bendela, no Shangela - what's the point in crowning a winner?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

bendela wouldve won, then shangela was robbed, then kennedy was robbed

i love trixie but this season was hosed

Lucania
May 1, 2009
How the jury voted:

https://twitter.com/RuPaulsDragRace/status/974471638308806661

One vote for Shangela. That's just wrong. Bebe got one first-place vote and Shangela got one second-place vote. The rest were Kennedy and Trixie, with Kennedy getting the most first-place votes.

DeLa is my overall favorite, so I wasn't going to get my winner anyway (well, officially...) but I liked Shangela and was rooting for her after DeLa dropped out.

Lucania fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 16, 2018

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Lol were they just all salty that Shangela send them home? Honestly Shangela and Ben were the only people I could see being the All Stars winner.
Trixie is a lovely lipsyncer and I doubt she won based on what ever that was.

Alvarez IV
Aug 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Shangela was robbed and these gimmicks that keep the most deserving contestants from taking home the crown need to die. I know everyone's a winner because everyone gets to up their booking fees, but if we're going to just have every RPDR winner be the one that teenage girls and network executives think is the most marketable (read: safest and most Caucasian), cancel the show now. Also, Trixie is the first winner since Tyra who tanked at Snatch Game. I don't even think her placement in the top 2 was entirely undeserved, I just think that how she got there was some bippidy boppidy bullshit.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

You can't have a format like this and then be surprised when what happened happened.

The real question is that if they have All-Stars 4, will they change the setup? You can't have the Queens do the elims, you can't have Ru run the elims... what do you do?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

lol. people get salty af about reality shows

THS
Sep 15, 2017

im still salty, just thinkin about the whole thing

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

bunky posted:

lol. people get salty af about reality shows

it's the correct way to watch them, for sure

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i like to watch my reality shows detached, completely alone, and without getting into it at all. nothing invested, nothing lost

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Shangela wasn't robbed. Yeah she can dance, but Kennedy dances better. Yeah she's funny, but Trixie and bendela are funnier. She's the bridesmaid of the season.

The jury of peers pretty obviously picked Kennedy and Trixie because they were straight up in their interviews while BeBe and Shangela were shady.

Trixie is awesome and you're being silly if you're acting like the season is a joke because she won.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Jazz Police posted:

It's just really disappointing that neither of the clear frontrunners were even in the final two. No Bendela, no Shangela - what's the point in crowning a winner?

That's how I felt about season 9 and how I feel about this.

I'm fine with Trixie winning. But she should have won againsr Shangela. It was going to be one of those two no matter what.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Man, what a weird loving roller coaster, this season. Started off hoping for a Trixie win, curled into a fetus while Trixie floundered in the background only to come back and win via an astonishing amount of luck.

It's like one step above Violet flatlining her way to the top.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Kind of a flaccid finale

I don't particularly care who takes the crown, but this Survivor-style finale isn't a good fit for the show and came out of nowhere, so it soured the whole episode for me. I left feeling "um, okay that sure happened" rather than "wow what a season"

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Also Milk, your cute idea of the yarn being threaded through your skin would read better if you criss-crossed your lips.

EDIT: BEBE DID NOT DANCE WHATSOEVER DURING THE DANCING COMPETITION. At the very most she's Andy Richter in Cabin Boy.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 16, 2018

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Congrats to Trixie and condolences to everyone else! Please don't harass people for stupid reasons, internet!

Here, have a Pangina Heals lip sync.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Trixie winning was what I wanted but it didnt feel very earned. Im hoping season 10 feels less manufactured. No more jury eliminations please.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Yandat posted:

i like to watch my reality shows detached, completely alone, and without getting into it at all. nothing invested, nothing lost

i for one like to yell at my television about contestants being robbed and then post on message boards about white privilege

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I'm SHOCKED.

When they pulled Kennedy's lipstick first I was like, ok, Shangela vs. Kennedy, that'll be a fierce lip sync but I was as shocked as Trixie when they said her name second. I agree with cis autodrag, it was the interviews. Bebe gave some bullshit pageant answers (why does it seem like she's never sincere?), Kennedy's interview made me root for her hard, Shangela came off like she didn't want it as bad, Trixie was honest as hell.

I thought Shangie was gonna win, and I was pulling for her hard, but she didn't and that's ok. I'm proud of Trixie (and listening to her new album right now, poo poo's good).

Also Milk's look loving sucked, the yarn??? on her eyelashes was really grossing me out. Bebe's runway was lame too, too predictable and not half as exciting as the other girls. If that's your best drag then it's not great, Bebe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Shangela should have walked in on that jury, sat in the chair and offered each girl she eliminated ten thousand dollars before taxes.

• Locked thread