Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I like Pryor for any of those teams. None of them have a big body wr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/ChrisBiderman/status/974341717502525440

Whoa. So much for Jimmy's bromance with Kilgore.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Well that was quick, wow

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Coldforge posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisBiderman/status/974341717502525440

Whoa. So much for Jimmy's bromance with Kilgore.

The ESPN story says they're trading Kilgore + a 7th for... a 7th. :raise:

I hope there is more to it than that.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Papercut posted:

The ESPN story says they're trading Kilgore + a 7th for... a 7th. :raise:

I hope there is more to it than that.

Nope. I think he wants to play at center, and they have their new starter and a good backup already (Magnuson). Clears his salary and keeps players happy.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/974318870117859328

Bigger, juicier, girthier...

I was pretty happy with his production as a rookie, if he keeps improving then great!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Countdown to Pocic being busted for, uh, “adderall.”

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I was pretty happy with his production as a rookie, if he keeps improving then great!

Wanna see how many calories he's consuming a day.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jags signed ASJ

We're gonna get stuck with Ed Dickson aren't we :negative:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

Jags signed ASJ

We're gonna get stuck with Ed Dickson aren't we :negative:

I still have PTSD from our last UW TE.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Niners grabbed Attaochu away from LAC. Could be a good LEO for them.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/974401864455376897

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Get REAL beefy, bitch

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/974401396605882368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

I'm not sure a 1st and 3rd covers what he's worth :saddowns:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Man we are really desperate to get rid of Earl

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
This is Russell's revenge on every single dude who joked that he wasn't black enough

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
We're gonna make this goddamn running game work again even if we have to torch the goddamn building!!!

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Coldforge posted:

Nope. I think he wants to play at center, and they have their new starter and a good backup already (Magnuson). Clears his salary and keeps players happy.

Oh I saw that they had just re-signed him, but didn't see that they didn't owe him any money until a roster bonus tomorrow. So yeah, this is basically like they let him walk, but they move up a few draft spots in the process. That makes more sense.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Manoueverable posted:

"Hey John, my scheme needs a FS with a very particular profile and a ton of talent in order to really shine. Let's grab this specific guy in the first round."
"Sure thing, Pete."
Drafts future HoFer Earl Thomas.

"Hey John, let's start throwing darts to try to find guys who can replace our HoFer if we ever need to."
"Sure thing, Pete."
Drafts a bunch of guys who can't replicate what Thomas does.

"Hey John, we've got all these young guys at FS. Do we really need Earl still? Let's shake things up and trade him, show the team that no one is irreplaceable!"
"Sure thing, Pete."
Farts.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
JLC is literally the only person I see pushing the Earl thing. JLC is often wrong about things.

I dunno

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Here's someone I actually trust
https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/974460400489062401

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

God, I love stories about players bulking up.

Following in the footsteps of giants like AJ Jenkins, I've remained in perpetual "bulking" mode for the last several years. I feel like I'm pretty close to ready for the NFL.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Was it he that posted "The Seahawks are asking for a 1st and a 3rd for him. Nobody is going to pay that, but the Seahawks shouldn't accept anything less"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I was joking when I said the Seahawks were on the 49ers track to just crater horrifically in one offseason after a marginally unsuccessful year :stonklol:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

I was joking when I said the Seahawks were on the 49ers track to just crater horrifically in one offseason after a marginally unsuccessful year :stonklol:

Unless we jettison Earl (which signals a full rebuild), then I think the team will still be better than that imploded 49er team.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Hell, if the young pups develop, the 2018 squad will likely perform better than the 2017 injured team.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

seiferguy posted:

Unless we jettison Earl (which signals a full rebuild), then I think the team will still be better than that imploded 49er team.

That covers 2016-2017 and two thirds. See you in Seattle in 2018.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's almost assured that Sheldon Richardson is gone. With him, Jimmy Graham and Paul Richardson out, looks like we will have a full set of comp picks for 2019.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Is this what tanking feels like? I don't like it y'all

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Hell, if the young pups develop, the 2018 squad will likely perform better than the 2017 injured team.

That same team would have went to the playoffs if Blair Walsh didn't do his party trick again. We'll be fine.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Manoueverable posted:

Is this what tanking feels like? I don't like it y'all

We've lost maybe 2-3 actual contributors to FA. Everyone else was a JAG or worse.

Seattle is fine.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
🔥 this is fine 🔥

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Post itt every time you lol at the Seattle Seahawks.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Post itt every time you lol at the Seattle Seahawks.

"every kinda funny anecdote"

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 16, 2018

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Manoueverable posted:

Heard on the radio this morning that the idea is that Earl is unlikely to sign an extension or resign next off season. So do you trade him now for a 1st + or get 1 year of him and then a 3rd round comp pick in the 2020 draft. I think it's dumb to trade Earl - was okay with the other departures due to age or injury concerns - but Earl is one of if not the best safety in the NFL, which you just cant simply replace.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Old man yells at cloud cover 3 defense

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Tank44 posted:

Heard on the radio this morning that the idea is that Earl is unlikely to sign an extension or resign next off season. So do you trade him now for a 1st + or get 1 year of him and then a 3rd round comp pick in the 2020 draft. I think it's dumb to trade Earl - was okay with the other departures due to age or injury concerns - but Earl is one of if not the best safety in the NFL, which you just cant simply replace.

Why would Earl turn down an extension to make him the leagues highest paid safety?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Why would Earl turn down an extension to make him the leagues highest paid safety?

20 other teams would likely also make him the league's highest paid safety, and he doesn't want to be bothered by Pete's ongoing midlife crisis any more.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Coldforge posted:

20 other teams would likely also make him the league's highest paid safety, and he doesn't want to be bothered by Pete's ongoing midlife crisis any more.

If his play declines at all this year, there will not be 20 other teams to make him the league's highest paid safety. If he takes an extension now, he is guaranteed to be the league's highest paid safety.

He must really hate Pete's ongoing midlife crisis.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I figured at least part of the downswing would be Pete's schtick getting old hat for some people, I imagine it grew stale quickly for those who've been on board in the aftermath of SB49

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Coldforge posted:

Pete is going to live to 130?

• Locked thread