Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Isabel's grasping her new rad power pretty quickly.

Yeah this is extremely cool and good to see happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
i'm rooting for hijack to win because he has a good heart, he just needs to learn to restrain himself

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

PMush Perfect posted:

Isabel's grasping her new rad power pretty quickly.

Yah, Isabel is the one that likes fighting with superpowers, so it's nice to see she's actually really good at it. She's had her new tool for less than 24 hours (real world to story time dilation is a pain) and she's already making pretty good fighting use of it here.

Radiochromatic
Feb 17, 2011
You stop that Hijack you're literally a floating brain.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

holy poo poo dimitri

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

flatluigi posted:

holy poo poo dimitri

i need to know who's paying rent now in dimitri's head lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

flatluigi posted:

holy poo poo dimitri

Holy poo poo that was amazing.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

An entirely rational reaction to have.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

The vaunted double post strikes at last.

But while I have this extra post, let me just say I love that Hijack was genuinely impressed by Isabelle's flip mode style. Hell, I just like it when are just impressed by others. Like when the student council guy said "but that would be sick, though!" when Max said Darth Vader doesn't team up with Han Solo. And Max being impressed that the SC kid can pull off a front flip.

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 16, 2018

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
We had Naruto, we had Bleach, we had HxH and now we're going into Parasyte.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That's hella of a way to dodge your opponents punch jesus. Also Hijack left himself open. I would say what the gently caress Max why aren't you helping but he has one broken arm.

What the hell Isaac and Ed are doing. :v:

edit: Probably frozen in terror and screaming like Max is.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 16, 2018

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Shindragon posted:

That's hella of a way to dodge your opponents punch jesus. Also Hijack left himself open. I would say what the gently caress Max why aren't you helping but he has one broken arm.

What the hell Isaac and Ed are doing. :v:

edit: Probably frozen in terror and screaming like Max is.

Wouldn’t they already know he can do that?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Ed doesn't seem the sort to rush in as quickly. Isaac is probably still stunned by Dmitri's presence.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I wonder if non spectrals can see the head thing :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Xun posted:

I wonder if non spectrals can see the head thing :v:

It’s CGI

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Interesting that it's the exact opposite of the ghost train. I wonder why he seemed pissed he did that though? Could be he doesn't want/like his power/spirit? Could be that he thinks it's uncool? Could be he wanted it as a trump card in case he needed it and he showed his hand too early?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

neogeo0823 posted:

Interesting that it's the exact opposite of the ghost train. I wonder why he seemed pissed he did that though? Could be he doesn't want/like his power/spirit? Could be that he thinks it's uncool? Could be he wanted it as a trump card in case he needed it and he showed his hand too early?

I thought it was that he was "disarmed" in that when his head warped a hole in itself his boxing gloves/head thing disappeared.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
He dispelled his remaining glove (the one that he didn't punch Isabel in the head with) and his head guard thing it seems, yeah. So it might have been that, or he might have just been frustrated with himself for getting owned by Hijack after getting goaded into a fight with him.

Anyway, regarding what normal people can and can't see, from what I can tell they can't see ghosts, spirits, or spectral energy, but they can see the effects of those things if they're physical. So, Isaac's spec shots wouldn't be seen, but his weather powers would. People won't see the Ghost Train, but they'll see the holes it makes in things (and the people riding inside of it). And so on. Which leads me to believe that, yes, people would see Dmitri's freaky head distortion if they were watching, and would probably be horrified.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The first (and only other) time we saw Dmitri use his spirit's power had him do so begrudgingly too. It's entirely possible he dislikes his spirit or using its power for the same reason Isabel's grandpa does - it means he wasn't able to win by his strength alone.

or it could be something else completely! Hard to say right now.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Given Dimitri's aggressive and anachronistic hipness, he probably just hates using his powers because they're all super goofy-looking.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I am curious as to why Dimitri isn’t in the club, since we’ve had plenty of hints about a whole group of kids who are aware of spirit stuff but aren’t down with Spender.

Or maybe he IS in the club, and his role is to maintain their secrecy :tinfoil: Which is why he doesn’t like getting involved in their poo poo so he can’t be seen as weird and in on it.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Pants Donkey posted:

I am curious as to why Dimitri isn’t in the club, since we’ve had plenty of hints about a whole group of kids who are aware of spirit stuff but aren’t down with Spender.

Or maybe he IS in the club, and his role is to maintain their secrecy :tinfoil: Which is why he doesn’t like getting involved in their poo poo so he can’t be seen as weird and in on it.

He might be friends with Suzy, and not friends with the club.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
There was implications earlier that someone used to be in the club and left after getting injured, which Isaac blames himself for. Considering his reaction when Dmitri showed up, that was probably him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Yeah, I think Isaac's out of the loop on why he left and he's hanging out with Suzy to make sure they don't actually find anything out.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Zerilan posted:

There was implications earlier that someone used to be in the club and left after getting injured, which Isaac blames himself for. Considering his reaction when Dmitri showed up, that was probably him.

Yeah there's this page. In the flashback panel where they're fighting the big purple de-limbing monster there's a black person's arm and bottom half of their face visible.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mazerunner posted:

Yeah there's this page. In the flashback panel where they're fighting the big purple de-limbing monster there's a black person's arm and bottom half of their face visible.

Max's first question on the next page seriously needs answered

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Countblanc posted:

Max's first question on the next page seriously needs answered

It was. Absorption is their most common fate. I guess all that energy eventually has to go somewhere. Probably into making more ghosts and spirits. But I'll bet there's a number of them out there that are absurdly more powerful than your average bug ghost.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
What if everyone in the world is made up of ghost bug energy?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hijack, maybe you're a little too good at being the villain. In some ways, at least.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Poor Isaac, still worried about his rear end in a top hat of a spirit cooking his friends

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

He doesn't even know it's his spirit doing it deliberately, he thinks it's his own inability to control.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
"listen isaac i'm monkey themed and you were definitely born from some dude's mouth egg, let's raditz this freak and call it a day"

this alt text is real good

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

He wanted to believe in the strength of children. This is what happens.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Xinder posted:

"listen isaac i'm monkey themed and you were definitely born from some dude's mouth egg, let's raditz this freak and call it a day"

this alt text is real good

By this logic Isabella is obviously Vegeta.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Good job Max, you've got this handled.. (I do appreciate that Max gets instantly owned. He's got a broken arm and it's like his 2nd or 3rd day with ghost powers.)

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brought To You By posted:

He wanted to believe in the strength of children. This is what happens.

Right idea, wrong children. Should just believe in himself; I mean, he is three.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Drunk Theory posted:

Good job Max, you've got this handled.. (I do appreciate that Max gets instantly owned. He's got a broken arm and it's like his 2nd or 3rd day with ghost powers.)

He did lose to like a 3 year old though. Pretty sad.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Only now realizing that Isabel can instantly suplex anybody and anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

She’s going to straight up murder Spender, isn’t she?