Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Larrymer posted:

I saw this painted or vinyl'd on a tailgate of an F150 yesterday (only mirrored). I knew it had to be an existing image because it's very odd and specific.

That's Harry the bigfoot from "Harry and the Hendersons", but I don't remember him gently caressing a raccoon at any point during the film; admittedly it's been a while.

EDIT:

The Prong Song fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Mar 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
People are so gosh darned weird.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

The Prong Song posted:

That's Harry the bigfoot from "Harry and the Hendersons", but I don't remember him gently caressing a raccoon at any point during the film; admittedly it's been a while.

EDIT:

I guess if you make one, you might as well sell a bunch

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Tacky watch, but still a really cool idea imo

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

The Prong Song posted:

EDIT:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Foot-Sasquatch-Truck-Tailgate-Wrap-Vinyl-Graphic-Decal-Sticker-Wrap-/262893279559

Note: 73 sold. No raccoon though.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Rock My Socks! posted:

I guess maybe I'm just too used to having a car that locks and unlocks itself, because this seems pointless in light of modern technology.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Larrymer posted:

I saw this painted or vinyl'd on a tailgate of an F150 yesterday (only mirrored). I knew it had to be an existing image because it's very odd and specific.

So if it were a female bigfoot depicted, would it have been a beaver in front?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

The Prong Song posted:

EDIT:

Best part about this post is that "gently caress" is what word-replaces "gently caress" for unregistered forum users. And the positioning is juuuust right.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The best part of that filter is when dudes register and then try using gently caress in a post to fit in

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I think that's the video we've all been waiting for, slomo footage of a see-through rotary engine in operation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCteBhr4dGY&t=259s

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Rock My Socks! posted:

Oh man I want this pretty badly.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Slim Pickens posted:

The best part of that filter is when dudes register and then try using gently caress in a post to fit in

I really wish we could enable the word filter while logged in.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

mobby_6kl posted:

I think that's the video we've all been waiting for, slomo footage of a see-through rotary engine in operation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCteBhr4dGY&t=259s

The firing is so uneven because it's not electronic spark timing, right?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

I think that's the video we've all been waiting for, slomo footage of a see-through rotary engine in operation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCteBhr4dGY&t=259s

That’s pretty cool.
I gotta say, with reference to his afterwords about dedication: he might should try wearing gloves. Even exam gloves would have prevented blisters.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

The firing is so uneven because it's not electronic spark timing, right?

It’s not even spark. It’s a glow plug, like a diesel, so, yes.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

mobby_6kl posted:

This really shows off the "efficiency" of the wankel. :v:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/CuxR0rj.mp4

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

:hellyeah:

This owns

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Larrymer posted:

This really shows off the "efficiency" of the wankel. :v:

Not that a rotary was ever claimed to be efficient, beyond power density, but that's a model airplane engine using a very basic carburetor. Seems to be running just a tad rich <glances at the raw fuel droplets blowing out the exhaust>.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

KakerMix posted:

:hellyeah:

This owns

Quick thinking.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

Oh man I want this pretty badly.

Yours didn't come with one?

Also a smart watch that automatically unlocks and starts your car when you approach would be awesome.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I don’t like smart watches but if I could have a m coloured turbofan looking bezel for my sub that opened my m3 that would be dope af

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

I don’t like smart watches but if I could have a m coloured turbofan looking bezel for my sub that opened my m3 that would be dope af

Be the change you want to be in the world.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bape Culture posted:

I like smart watches that look like regular watches but everyone is chasing that Apple look.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Larrymer posted:

Google "Burt Reynolds Cosmopolitan". But not at work.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

I like smart watches that look like regular watches but everyone is chasing that Apple look.

The only good "smart" watch is made by Garmin. Fenix 3/ 5 or GTFO

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The only good "smart" watch is made by Garmin. Fenix 3/ 5 or GTFO

I've got a Vivoactive 3 but I hate the low quality screen.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Fossil looks like they do some nice ones.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Finger Prince posted:

Fossil looks like they do some nice ones.

I wasn't thrilled with the specs when I looked at them. Motorola had a few neat ones but I'm still not totally onboard with smart watches in general.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Front loaders are pretty good at putting out fires in flooded areas, too.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I miss Pebble watches. They looked great and were super good

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Okay, Saturd definitely has some fuel issues. Noticed either knocking or pinging while just cruising at highway speeds tonight. Tried downshifting, no odd sounds until I laid into the throttle, then it was like marbles in a paintshaker. :stonk: Pulled into a parking lot, engine sounded brand new without load, but if I gunned it in any gear it was pinging. Definitely not a bearing knock, thankfully (oil also looked fine).

Really loving hope it's just a clogged fuel filter, and not injector issues. New filter will be here Sunday (Wix, even). The fuel pump is OEM, but has <100k on it; really hoping it didn't poo poo the bed.

I really need to look at STFT and LTFT data, but even if it is something else, uh... 200k on it, fuel filter is probably original. I'm the horrible PO. :sigh:

The Door Frame posted:

Still have my original Pebble, but lost the cable. :sigh: I don't even know if the software works on Win10 (or if the battery can still take a charge).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Mar 16, 2018

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

I wasn't thrilled with the specs when I looked at them. Motorola had a few neat ones but I'm still not totally onboard with smart watches in general.

I'm wearing a Moto 360-2 and i really like the look of it. But it won't be getting any more updates and there are no new Motorola watches planed.
The Misfit Vapor seems to be a good entry point into the whole Android Wear (Oh sorry...WearOS!) thing right now. Not to expensive, looks alright and has an OLED Display and an ambient light sensor.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Mister Kingdom posted:

Google "Burt Reynolds Cosmopolitan". But not at work.

That's what it made me think of.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Smother it, AND put water on it!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I have a polar m430 fitness watch, doesnt really qualify as a smart watch and doesnt look particularly classy or cool but it does do running cadence so that's what i needed

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just have a basic, tiny fitbit because for the most part step tracking is what I needed. But now that I'm skinny and healthier I have been looking at other options. It would be awesome if there was a way to integrate my keyless entry cards into a smart watch.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

You should look at the new Fitbit coming in April to replace the Blaze. It basically looks like a Pebble because Fitbit bought Pebble.

https://www.cnet.com/news/fitbit-versa-200-dollar-smartwatch-fitbit-ace-kids-fitness-tracker/

I like several of the Android Wear watches that look like normal watches, but I use an iPhone, and so far integration with iOS is poo poo (I don't care whose fault that is - from a consumer standpoint, it doesn't matter). Not going to give that up just for a watch.
I really like the Garmin Fenix watches, but pricey.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Darchangel posted:

You should look at the new Fitbit coming in April to replace the Blaze. It basically looks like a Pebble because Fitbit bought Pebble.

https://www.cnet.com/news/fitbit-versa-200-dollar-smartwatch-fitbit-ace-kids-fitness-tracker/

This the one I'm mostly interested in and I'm on the fence with a pre order. I think I can hold off until some of the first reviews come in. I have high hopes though as fitbit has mostly worked out the teething pains with the blaze and ionic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This the one I'm mostly interested in and I'm on the fence with a pre order. I think I can hold off until some of the first reviews come in. I have high hopes though as fitbit has mostly worked out the teething pains with the blaze and ionic.

CNet seemed to like it. Basically an Ionic sans GPS in operation, similar to Apple Watch Series 1 versus Series 2, more or less. I was seriously considering a Blaze - my wife has one - but I really like the aesthetic and size of the Versa, so I'm glad I waited.