Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Another UK goon here looking for anyone interested in the Necron half of Forgebane.

Email me at z4miniatures (at) googlemail (dot) com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

SteelMentor posted:

Battle Wizards box is literally two Battlemage sets smooshed together and under the price of two boxes. You'll get 2 flaming swords.

Current Cultists are the same as the Dark Vengeance ones, however the only ones GW officially sells now are the sets of four cultists they used to sell as a pocket money box, only way to pick up the squad leaders and special weapons would be to track down the Dark Vengeance spruces.

Wanted to make sure (it seemed strange they wouldn't put the flaming sword in the pictures for the Battlemage box because: it's a loving flaming sword, why would you bury the lede like that?) but: GW.

:shrug:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

OhDearGodNo posted:

NOVA Open goons, should we create a group for the table top olympics? They may take issue with having to engrave 40k Fuckbois on the trophy though.

I'm in

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Soggy Chips posted:

Is it a dumb idea to magnitise the top and bottom halves of a Redemptor dread?
It would make transport alot easier, just not sure if it's too heavy.

I have a Wraithknight magnetized that way and it works great. And also quite a bit bigger than a redemptor. The trick is two magnets. There's one at the base of the ball/socket joint but another pair orthogonal to that on the stem itself which adds stability and prevents rotation. Also, big loving magnets.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Technowolf posted:

I'm using the House Escher box as more cultists as they can do either long-range (6 lasguns, 2 autoguns, plus a heavy weapon and shotgun for the leader) or pistol/CCW.

I imagine this will be a popular option as more and more gangs and Forge world characters are added. I plan to add some gangers to my cultist blobs, and also want to maker some Vets and characters for my Necromunda Guard army.

Naramyth posted:

That's it. You should buy an instrument so you make the charge on an 8 and learn how to use pile ins and consoldates to lock up a unit you didn't charge so you can stay locked in combat.

Thanks! Figured I might just be over thinking it. I'm going to try it in a game tomorrow and want to make sure I don't do it wrong and unintentionally screw over my buddy. Hoping it will give me a better solution than our last game when my bloodletters footslogged across the table and were decimated by Wyverns and other indirect fire.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Booley posted:

Finished my custodes bike captains. I feel a bit hypocritical about having painted them given my criticism for GWs making them usable in every imperium army, but I do play enough more competitive games that I wanted to have them around. GW definitely punished me for it though, these took as long or longer than my astraeus to paint and don't feel like my best work. I was planning on doing a full army of solar watch custodes, but with how painful these were I think I'll stick to solid gold ones, the filigree takes forever. Bases are a big hunk of acrylic rod so I could easily magnetize them, once some resin bases show up to match my Fists I'll make a set of bases for that and can swap them over depending on what army I field them with. The included flight stands are just terrible, since you either have to glue them in or they fall off constantly.

Please post these in the uninspiration thread, because now that I've seen them I have no choice but to 3d print a basketball out of lead, with these images etched on the outside, and hire my childhood bully to slam-dunk it through the top of my display cabinet, crushing all of my models to dust. They are demoralizingly good.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

ANAmal.net posted:

Please post these in the uninspiration thread, because now that I've seen them I have no choice but to 3d print a basketball out of lead, with these images etched on the outside, and hire my childhood bully to slam-dunk it through the top of my display cabinet, crushing all of my models to dust. They are demoralizingly good.

I'll go ahead and book some train tickets down there. I think I have enough points from my regular Amtrak trips down there to dunk on you that I might be in line for a free one

but seriously, those look great. I love that color scheme

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'll go ahead and book some train tickets down there. I think I have enough points from my regular Amtrak trips down there to dunk on you that I might be in line for a free one

OHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIT

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress yes let's do that.

Awesome

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
drat this kit is fun to play with.

I just wish they'd put a couple extra autoguns on the sprue.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

I still don't quite understand this but I'm going to Nova so I'm in

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I propose a more inclusive name, unless you want to bring about some kind of Badboi Fuckboi class war. Which, while perfectly acceptable in a vacuum, divides us when we should be united. Therefore something more appropriate might be worth submitting.

Like Badfucks.

Or Fuckbads.

Just trying to be diplomatic here.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I propose a more inclusive name, unless you want to bring about some kind of Badboi Fuckboi class war. Which, while perfectly acceptable in a vacuum, divides us when we should be united. Therefore something more appropriate might be worth submitting.

Like Badfucks.

Or Fuckbads.

Adeptus Ashartes

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Decided to order a unit of Inceptors for 19 bux for a Fire Hawks primaris successor chapter; concept being that Cawl in his kookiness figured that creating a new chapter in their image would attract the LOTD, allowing the Imperium a way to direct them where they wish.

Mainly I just wanted a unit of Big Boy Marines to paint that could also hang out with my LOTD and Sisters units :v:

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
So I took my bikes to a game today and my opponent conceded at the end of his second turn. They're uhh a little good? (he also played terribly and I would've won regardless of lists). It was not a particularly fun game for either of us.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Like Badfucks.

Or Fuckbads.

There can be no peace with the Fuckboi scum.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Booley posted:

So I took my bikes to a game today and my opponent conceded at the end of his second turn. They're uhh a little good? (he also played terribly and I would've won regardless of lists). It was not a particularly fun game for either of us.

What did we learn?

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Booley posted:

Yeah, the jetbikes are a little... Good is a word. They desperately need a point hike at least.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Liquid Communism posted:

What did we learn?

40k is a flawed game and must be done away with

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Liquid Communism posted:

What did we learn?

Supreme command detachments are dumb, custodes bikes are dumb, opponents who don't have good screens / think ahead are dumb. At the end of turn 2 I was ahead 9vp to 2, before counting kill points. He also must've stored his dice in a freezer because they were super cold. Half a squad died getting out of a valkyrie that I punched to death. An entire scion command squad died overcharging plasma at my warlord (he took no wounds).

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Booley posted:

He also must've stored his dice in a freezer because they were super cold.

Someone must have given him the ol' frosty bones

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

OhDearGodNo posted:

NOVA Open goons, should we create a group for the table top olympics? They may take issue with having to engrave 40k Fuckbois on the trophy though.

I'm in, as long as I don't have to actually do anything other than play 40k, drink, and yell myself hoarse.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Like Badfucks.

Or Fuckbads.

Technically, the Badcast Badbois are in charge of the podcast right now, due to their win in the global campaign, so I think we'd have to (regrettably) name it after them.

Thanqol posted:

There can be no peace with the Fuckboi scum.

See, us fuckbois neva looz roight? Eever we win, and we've won, or we runs away, so we can come back for anuvver go, yeah? Dat way we neva looz!

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

An entire scion command squad died overcharging plasma at my warlord (he took no wounds).

That would have been incredibly funny to see at least

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The war will not end until the last fuckboi tables the last badboi

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

That would have been incredibly funny to see at least

It would've, if it was the oh gently caress cherry on top of a decent game, not so much when I could see that my opponent was getting discouraged. The best part is that since they were in their own detachment the scions got their trait of getting more shots on 6s. So the one guy who didn't kill himself at first got a 6 to hit...........which gave him another shot that killed him.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

It would've, if it was the oh gently caress cherry on top of a decent game, not so much when I could see that my opponent was getting discouraged. The best part is that since they were in their own detachment the scions got their trait of getting more shots on 6s. So the one guy who didn't kill himself at first got a 6 to hit...........which gave him another shot that killed him.

One of the most important skills for this game is maintaining your sense of humor even when losing horribly. With that in mind what you describe is objectively hilarious and regardless of how the rest of the game went should have resulted in some actual laughter.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

One of the most important skills for this game is maintaining your sense of humor even when losing horribly. With that in mind what you describe is objectively hilarious and regardless of how the rest of the game went should have resulted in some actual laughter.

Yeah. He's an awkward person to play against in general. He's super cheap and doesn't own an actual tape measure, instead holding multiple red whippy sticks together to measure distances between 18 and 36. I have no clue how he'd measure 48.

On his first turn I had a similar thing happen to me - he cast some psychic power that does a mortal wound on a 2+, then 3+, then 4+, then 5+, then 6+, stopping as soon as you fail. He got all 5 off on my captain and killed him in one shot. It was hillarious, my guy goes rocketing in thinking he's important, does 2 wounds to a russ to finish it off, then promptly gets exploded by some 30 point psyker.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Hey, I was checking for more 3rdparty stores (both for more sororitas models and also fire/skull pads) and figured you'd get a kick out of these dogepads since you have an anubis army.

E: also dogehelmets

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Mar 16, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Booley posted:

Yeah. He's an awkward person to play against in general. He's super cheap and doesn't own an actual tape measure, instead holding multiple red whippy sticks together to measure distances between 18 and 36. I have no clue how he'd measure 48.

On his first turn I had a similar thing happen to me - he cast some psychic power that does a mortal wound on a 2+, then 3+, then 4+, then 5+, then 6+, stopping as soon as you fail. He got all 5 off on my captain and killed him in one shot. It was hillarious, my guy goes rocketing in thinking he's important, does 2 wounds to a russ to finish it off, then promptly gets exploded by some 30 point psyker.

I've seen this before.

Dollar store has tape measures. Sheesh.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

I've seen this before.

Dollar store has tape measures. Sheesh.

I offered to let him use my tape measure several times during the game and he rejected it. I would've just bought him one if I didn't think he'd get offended.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
What is a whippy stick

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Deified Data posted:

What is a whippy stick

free rulers that come with the starter sets as early as 3rd

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Deified Data posted:

What is a whippy stick

Ask you nearest leatherhobby daddy.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

What is a whippy stick

They're these plastic 18"(ish) rulers. The measurements are molded on, not printed, so they're barely readable, and they're fairly flexible and not really very accurate. Nobody uses them outside of their first few games, if even those.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

Don't sign your posts.

Booley posted:

They're these plastic 18"(ish) rulers. The measurements are molded on, not printed, so they're barely readable, and they're fairly flexible and not really very accurate. Nobody uses them outside of their first few games, if even those.

I somehow have three of these, and still give them to people out of pure spite, when they show up and didn't bring a tape measure. After 5-6 beers I just let them use mine, but I think it's important to make my friends suffer, because I hate them.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Whippy sticks are also about 17.5 inches long, not 18.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
BFG came with blue ones marked in centimetres.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Whippy sticks also appeal to "whoops I mis- measured" cheaters because they're uninked and illegible from the other side of the table.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Neurolimal posted:

The war will not end until the last fuckboi tables the last badboi

So, the war will end after three games then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Sooo, some LOTD lore mentions them having damaged armor that exposes bone wreathed in flame; while that would be pretty hard to sculpt it does make me want to add some guys with straight up skull heads, was wondering if I could get some advice on which heads to take:

I feel the first one fits the description of exposed armor best but might be too similar to already-existing LOTD heads with skull faceplates, the flaming skull is pretty accurate to overall LOTD A E S T H E T I C and has some charm in that they look like they have goofy stylized fire-hair, while the normal skulls have the most character and diversity (despite looking to be largely the same sculpts; I guess visible cranium matters).

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Mar 16, 2018