Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Fetish masks are so hosed lol

Only some of them. There are some that don't really have any holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Bored posted:

That's because I'm an idiot and posted the wrong link. Which is weird because I had just copy/pasted the correct link into a text.

:nws: for vagina forehead.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32675798549/32675798549.html

Oh wow, the new Silent Hill monster concepts are out. Neat.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
I'VE GOT SO MANY BEEEEEEEES!

I'VE GOT SIIIX HUNNNDRED BEEEEES

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/200...2822741648.html
Getcher multicoloured or plain yellow stickered lil bees for 3 bux/200pcs and put them on every single surface in your house!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Yes! The bees!

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
I bought these cute little bee pins a while ago. Love being covered in bees: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32822144233/32822144233.html

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
My favorite bee pin is less jolly but more realistic
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32825481008.html

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Nice robes

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32814579003.html

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Whaaaaaaaaat the fuuuuuuck

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Whaaaaaaaaat the fuuuuuuck

Russian models doing Russian things.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Oh god the bees are in my eyes... and they're adorable!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The newest episode of the Reply All podcast is about stores who drop ship AliExpress stuff from marked up Shopify websites in the US. Reminded me of the Ramen hoody posted a few pages back. Probably interesting enough listening to people in this thread.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Here it is:

https://www.gimletmedia.com/reply-all/117-the-worlds-most-expensive-free-watch#episode-player

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sorry yeah, was phone posting and presumed everyone liked to listen to podcasts in different ways anyway. It’s generally a good, well produced show too so worth checking out other episodes that look interesting (the Indian ‘calling from Microsoft you have a virus’ call center scam was pretty crazy).

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

EL BROMANCE posted:

(the Indian ‘calling from Microsoft you have a virus’ call center scam was pretty crazy).

Which episode is this? The episode titles don't really help.

Hoplosternum
Jun 2, 2010

:parrot:

Bummey posted:

Which episode is this? The episode titles don't really help.

Looks like it's a 2 part called Long Distance, eps 102 & 103. Sounds interesting, have downloaded a few of these to listen to, I also like Gimlet's Science Vs.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah that's the pair.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Those episodes are fantastic and I keep recommending them to friends.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i got another clip on phone lens.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/APE...2663353876.html

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

The newest episode of the Reply All podcast is about stores who drop ship AliExpress stuff from marked up Shopify websites in the US. Reminded me of the Ramen hoody posted a few pages back. Probably interesting enough listening to people in this thread.

My Wife keeps buying things from Amazon, and when they turn up, they're in the same packaging with the same China post marks as my Aliexpress poo poo...

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Amphigory posted:

My Wife keeps buying things from Amazon, and when they turn up, they're in the same packaging with the same China post marks as my Aliexpress poo poo...

That's why you need to buy things that are actually fullfilled (or sold by) Amazon themselves

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

objection, that's a cat

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Amphigory posted:

Yea they started making a push toward Chinese sellers a couple of years ago, you can usually tell by the shipping time. It's annoying

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
TBH amazon sucks more than it used to because of this sort of poo poo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
aliexpress for aliexpress, amazon for amazon

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

Extremely

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Pick posted:

Yeah, it's going downhill fast. Always sort reviews by Newest, too, because a Chinese seller will latch onto a well-reviewed product and start selling fake/knockoffs. You'll see a product with 2,500 5-star reviews but then 100% of the last month's reviews are 1-star because a fake seller convinced Amazon they were selling the same thing for $.25 less.

I don't know what it's called but I want to call it "review piggybacking." It's even happened to loving Anker!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I try to avoid giving Amazon money whenever possible, so it's like they're doing me a favor. If a thing is coming from China via ePacket regardless, why the gently caress would I buy it from Amazon and pay extra for the privilege?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I try to avoid giving Amazon money whenever possible, so it's like they're doing me a favor. If a thing is coming from China via ePacket regardless, why the gently caress would I buy it from Amazon and pay extra for the privilege?

It's weird, my purchases from Amazon have steadily decreased since 2010. I was looking at 2015, I think it was, and it was a total of three orders, period.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Can you get MEAT FEET on Amazon though (probably )

MEAT FEET
2017 Hot 3D Printed Skeleton Socks Cute Animal Cat Carton Character Dollar Bill Skull Foot Funny Socks Women
http://s.aliexpress.com/UvYZ3iaQ

Eta - I've been using Amazon less because I don't like their business model of not paying taxes and treating their workers like drone ants.

Rondette fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 16, 2018

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

If it doesn’t ship prime I’m probably not ordering it from Amazon.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Oh that's another thing I like how you can order something with prime and it sits in limbo for a few days despite being in stock then they finally ship it and that still counts as two day delivery because they count from when they ship it. Amazon is steadily getting worse

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

My recent arrivals from Chinaland

I am actually quite impressed with how quickly stuff is arriving. I'm averaging like 2-3 weeks which is great and I have yet to be burned... yet. My best friend's wife is on the verge of crapping out a baby and so I decided to do the diligent thing and buy one of those memory things where you keep bits of the baby when it falls off.

It has slots for the umbilical chord and the lanugo. Are you supposed to like.. cure the umbilical chord or pickle it or something? It looks creepy as poo poo. I hate it. They will hate it. I'm going to bully them into using it. It's the best gift ever.

PUT TEETH IN ME

Also this cute lil wooden chest for keeping poo poo in.

It's light and flimsy but looks cool and it will contain things. The rear of the box had some visible staples and the handle is plastic but it will certainly do it's job. It had a scent packet in it and smelled nice. Also it was packaged like a god drat fortress and for some reason had magic eraser foam taped to the top and bottom so free gift? I used one to deep clean my keyboard.

Finally. A banana protector.

It''s a banana protector.

I feel compelled to buy more crap. I might look into getting something I can modify to store my Oculus Rift on as the headset stands are no cheaper than things I can buy in the west, but I'm sure if I step outside the search range of VR accessories the price will drop considerably.

Sex Robot fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 16, 2018

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Snowy posted:

If it doesn’t ship prime I’m probably not ordering it from Amazon.

This. Amazon prime is the only worthwhile thing about Amazon. I only order poo poo from Amazon if I need it in two days. Otherwise I'll just wait however long for my stuff to arrive from China.

I've spent more on stuff from Aliexpress in the last 3 months than I have Amazon in the last three years. Even if you include the cost of prime membership. poo poo, maybe I should just drop prime...

Edit to reply to poster above: look at wig stands for the occulus maybe? There was some talk upthread about them. They can be pretty cheap, and some can anchor to a table so you don't worry about the cat murdering your toys.

Duh Ugh fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 16, 2018

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

EL BROMANCE posted:

Thanks. It was an interesting listen. I’m amazed that you can just link your shop to AliExpress now and sell marked up crap. But it sounds like dealing with the pissed off customers would be too much. I’d also be interested to know how people even get traffic to their sites. SEO for something like men’s watches would be really competitive.

AliExpress deliveries are getting much faster. Had a couple of 10-dayers lately which is pretty impressive.

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
I'm one of those perverts who likes looking at adult equipment on AliExpress, but the app censors a lot of listings.

I could use the mobile site, but does anyone have a way not to deal with it via mobile?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah I firmly buy most of my consumer bullshit stuff on AliExpress. I get books at Powell’s. Amazon is like my last resort for stuff I need somewhat quickly and want new (else eBay).

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I ordered those meat socks on a whim before realizing they're women's. Not that I think socks are gendered in any way but are these things going to be so tiny that I'll end up putting them on the cat?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Fashion cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

I thought I was in the cool cats thread. That is an excellent picture.