Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

The year before the lions have a shot at winning a playoff game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

PupsOfWar posted:

only the ghost of Al Harris can save the packers secondary now

Bring back Ahmad Carro-:flag: :flag: :flag:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Malaria posted:

Close enough?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgScCQ3l1iV/

I guess he was ok last year. What else are they gonna do? Sign another offensive player?
Tramon made some awesome plays while he was in GB. I haven't followed his career since he left, but everybody since has been worse than he was.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Tramon is one of my favorite Packers ever because I'm weird

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
There's nothing weird about that all. He owned so hard and played out of his god drat mind for that stretch of a few games before the playoff games through the SB. We may not win it without him.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Good Will Hrunting posted:

There's nothing weird about that all. He owned so hard and played out of his god drat mind for that stretch of a few games before the playoff games through the SB. We may not win it without him.

so loving good and never got the respect either

#NORESPECT

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

nerve posted:

Tramon is one of my favorite Packers ever because I'm weird

Same here. That pick six against Atlanta before halftime is one of my favorite plays. I was at work all day stressing about that game because Atlanta beat them in the regular season. That pick six erased any doubt

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

they need to cut Sims before Friday though to save 4m

This reminds me of how bad his free agent pickups were last year.

Glennon, Sims, Cooper, Wheaton, Cruz, Wright, Sanchez, Demps, and Compton. Spent like $40 million on just nothing.

If it wasn't for Amukamara that would have to be one of the worst free agent offseasons in history.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
NFCN in an arms race. Minus the Bears.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SirPablo posted:

i regret to inform you that Mitch has Weapons

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Ebron is terrible. I'm glad he's gone.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Niwrad posted:

This reminds me of how bad his free agent pickups were last year.

Glennon, Sims, Cooper, Wheaton, Cruz, Wright, Sanchez, Demps, and Compton. Spent like $40 million on just nothing.

If it wasn't for Amukamara that would have to be one of the worst free agent offseasons in history.

Part of the problem was that nobody wanted to sign here. Gilmore and Bouye both turned down more money to play elsewhere.

Thank God teams are interested now.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/03/15/james-jones-packers-really-really-low-balled-jordy-nelson/429119002/

quote:

The Packers did offer a pay cut, but Jones said the deal was so bad, there was no way Nelson would take it, not with the interest there seemed to be in him from other teams. Even so, Jones said Nelson contemplated returning to the Packers.

“I’m not going to say what they offered him, but they really, really low-balled him,” Jones said. “It wasn’t even anything you would consider. Even with all that, he was still considering taking it.”

quote:

Jones said Nelson would have worked with the Packers on an incentive-laden deal to stay, but the team wasn’t interested. Jones said it would not have helped if the Packers would have just told Nelson they were going to cut him rather than offer a low-ball contract.

He said Nelson deserved a better offer from the Packers given everything he had sacrificed and done for the team. He said there was no way that Nelson was not going to be productive in some way next year.

“He’s given the organization everything he has, at least give him one more season,” Jones said. “It’s not going to hurt the team. He’s going to help you. He could have given you one more year.

Love to be a player-friendly organization

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Do you think this would have been handled differently under TT's regime?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Anti-Hero posted:

Do you think this would have been handled differently under TT's regime?

Lol nah

Ted shipped out Brett

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Owners play hardball: "not player friendly!"
Players play hardball: "this is a business!"

I'm only half serious, and let's be real, in most cases screw the owners. I just think sometimes that jump is made pretty fast. Maybe not in this case, just see it said so much lately.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I feel like Jordy in the slot could've been just as effective as Graham and cheaper. I'm not too worried about the offense but I feel like a big part of our receivers not being able to get open is because the last couple of years fat Mike's offensive gameplanning has not been good.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Whooping Crabs posted:

I feel like Jordy in the slot could've been just as effective as Graham and cheaper. I'm not too worried about the offense but I feel like a big part of our receivers not being able to get open is because the last couple of years fat Mike's offensive gameplanning has not been good.

I’m in the same boat. Hope I’m proven wrong.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

SirPablo posted:

i love you for this

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

SirPablo posted:

Sick band.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/ImRKnapp/status/974656935478943744?s=19

Let the NFC arms race continue.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This division is going to be horrific for QBs.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

This division is going to be horrific for QBs.

Unless they're playing the Lions :negative:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

xsf421 posted:

Unless they're playing the Lions :negative:

im pretty sure the bears have no front 7 either besides hicks (since floyd is never healthy)

seriously what's the Bears defense look like

CB-Fuller
CB-Prince
S-Amos
S-Jackson

DE - Hicks
DE - Bullard?
DT - Goldman?

OLB-Floyd
ILB-Trevathan?
ILB- Kwiakotski?
OLB-Acho?

yikes. I dont think they even have backups for any of those front 7 guys. hope they can play a ton of snaps!

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 16, 2018

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
That's not a bad Defense?

Like that exact defense was a top 10 defense last year in points.

And that's with an offense that gave it no help.

I'd like for one more pass rusher to pair with Floyd. The front 3 itself was good. Goldman isn't a flashy player but he does his job as a 3-4 nose against the run and taking two blockers.

I'm not happy they let Christian Jones go though. Not happy at all

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

That's not a bad Defense?

Like that exact defense was a top 10 defense last year in points.

And that's with an offense that gave it no help.

I'd like for one more pass rusher to pair with Floyd. The front 3 itself was good. Goldman isn't a flashy player but he does his job as a 3-4 nose against the run and taking two blockers.

I'm not happy they let Christian Jones go though. Not happy at all

I'm really worried about depth. Losing unrein, jones, even the other guys who weren't playing that well. I think at every position they have a guy who's ok to solid but no standouts other than Hicks, and again, no rotation/depth at all to keep guys fresh, let alone injury concerns

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

So, is free agency just kind of over for the Vikings now? I’m not a money guy by any stretch, but it was my understanding that with the Cousins contract and now Richardson, the team is kind of spent.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Thaddius the Large posted:

So, is free agency just kind of over for the Vikings now? I’m not a money guy by any stretch, but it was my understanding that with the Cousins contract and now Richardson, the team is kind of spent.

real contract for Sheldon:
https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/974740425142624256?s=21

between this, Cousins and the draft, Vikings would still have around $9m in cap space, plus whatever space they got from Murray’s restructure. it’s doubtful they make any more splash signings but probably some cheap third or fourth wave FAs. They could also use some space to extend Kendricks or Hunter, or maybe even Barr but the general thought is if he gets an extension, it’s be to lower his cap number. I feel like Diggs will put off an extension so he can cash in on having Kirk Cousins as a QB next year.

Also, this gave me a chuckle:
https://twitter.com/donfromohio/status/974738826492108807?s=21

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A bunch of Packers players and former players are buzzing about Tyrann Mathieu to the Packers

Not sure what to think about that potential move. He's had a rough past two years and seemingly gets burned every other play, but he's still young and showed a stupid amount of talent, and has a shitload of versatility which the Packers really value in their secondary (cf Burnett, Hyde). He also probably wants north of 10M a year.

edit: rough calculation after Graham and Wilkerson the Packers have about 11 million in cap space. They need ~9.5M for the draft. They can open up a bunch of space when they extend Rodgers (at expense of future years) but it'll be tight.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 16, 2018

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/974749474303152130

These aren't Ted Thompson's Packers anymore.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lol bears

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/974749474303152130?s=19

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Meh they'll just match unless the packers paid him gently caress off money.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Well never mind then about Tyrann Mathieu!

12M is a lot of money though!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

We don't know the terms of the offer sheet that the packers gave him 12 mil is what the bears of had to pay him if he played under the transition tag

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

We don't know the terms of the offer sheet that the packers gave him 12 mil is what the bears of had to pay him if he played under the transition tag

i hope its one of those horrific poison pill contracts like 5m per game played in soldier field

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/974752380058243072
https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/974757423973130240
https://twitter.com/zachkruse2/status/974760564676354049

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

nice

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Pace reads the market wrong again. Should have just franchised him for $2 million more. Fuller and his agent owe Pace a fruit basket when this is all done. He's made them so much money.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What does the Bears' cap situation look like right now? I know they had a bunch of space but they've also made a bunch of new deals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

What does the Bears' cap situation look like right now? I know they had a bunch of space but they've also made a bunch of new deals.

Packers don't have much cap space so the theory is it is going to be all signing bonus. Since that type of payment can balloon payroll and you have to pay it immediately(with the actual cap hit spread over the years), the Bears could be reluctant in that regard to pay it.

Packers have an insane amount of cash on hand so about time they abuse it.

• Locked thread