Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

I have no idea who that is.

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t like video games.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CelticPredator posted:

Game Center CX is a tv show, not a video game.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
A Japanese TV show, not American.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CelticPredator posted:

:chloe:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

All about them movies baby

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Rirse posted:

I gone ahead and cashed in all my vacation time at work which I plan on using to pay off my Toys R Us Credit Card as that will be useless soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zE1-48AAYc

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I keep forgetting how weird franchise film nerds are.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Gillian posted:

I keep forgetting how weird franchise film nerds are.

Hey now. <:mad:>

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I’m just talkin’ poo poo. More people need to know about The Chief, is all I’m sayin’.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ugly boring pic of the best hot toys figure of all time

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Those are some ornate pancakes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Their from Denny’s

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TRU Canada is staying in operation it seems.

That's not surprising really. We have a worthless version of Amazon, no Targets, and shipping from the US costs too much.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Aphrodite posted:

TRU Canada is staying in operation it seems.

That's not surprising really. We have a worthless version of Amazon, no Targets, and shipping from the US costs too much.

Curious, what's up with your Amazon?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just a much smaller inventory.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

After ToysRus is gone, I'm sure scalpers will just hit the Walmarts and Targets harder but does this mean Amazon will get more inventory that would have been sent to the Rus?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
So when do the sales at TRU start? I want to swing back by my local one and pick up those three Shannon Doherty from Mallrats figures :P

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When Borders closed they sold all the prime stock to other retailers and then blew out the crap remaining. With TRU good money says they move any valuable inventory out of the stores and just dump garbage in the stores.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The expensive poo poo like Thor hammers and whatnot will get sold to other stores.

Get ready for your $5 DC Multiverse poo poo!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fuzz posted:

The expensive poo poo like Thor hammers and whatnot will get sold to other stores.

Get ready for your $5 DC Multiverse poo poo!

Yup, just like the already closing stores. We went into one in San Diego and all they had was crap, clearly all the good stuff was sent to other stores.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Man if this is like every other liquidation sale I've been to, the first thing the liquidation company does is jacks everything up to MSRP, though in TRU's case, that would be dropping prices. Then they get rid of anything anyone would want and progressively make bigger and bigger cuts, so you can get lovely toys for $2 or whatever.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll buy all the Animal Crossing Amiibos for a nickel

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Any word on when this will happen?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rhyno posted:

When Borders closed they sold all the prime stock to other retailers and then blew out the crap remaining. With TRU good money says they move any valuable inventory out of the stores and just dump garbage in the stores.

I’m pretty sure I bought my Borders’ entire stock of Star Wars Miniatures when they closed because that stuff never went on sale.

Pulled nothing but garbage too :discourse:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Like I said, the good stuff went elsewhere.

Just went to TRU, they had 12 A-Force box sets. If those somehow make it to liquidation I would buy one. They also had a dozen of the 3 packs with Kate Bishop and I would still like that figure.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Rhyno posted:

Like I said, the good stuff went elsewhere.

Just went to TRU, they had 12 A-Force box sets. If those somehow make it to liquidation I would buy one. They also had a dozen of the 3 packs with Kate Bishop and I would still like that figure.

Yeah I thought the same thing about the A Force set but I’m not holding my breath.
I’d also like the black and gold Titanus

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Has anyone ever had Big Bad Toy Store cancel a pre-order on them? I'm waiting for PX Deathstroke to ship, and there's chatter that there aren't enough to to fulfill pre-orders.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CelticPredator posted:

Any word on when this will happen?

I just went to Toys R Us today and asked when the sales would be starting because almost nothing was marked down, they said they didn't get word as to when they're actually closing but once they do that's when the sale will start. So it seems to be on a store by store basis.

I also picked up this when I was there:

I thought it would only be right that one of my last toys purchases at TRU would be of Geoffrey. Rest easy friend, you have a home with me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If I didn't work at TRU I'd probably do that. I'm sad it's gone but tbh I get the willies when I go in there now.

It was more on me than the company but whatever. I can't get jobs at places I like.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

here's some strange though

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
TRU Canada will survive. And they're trying to salvage 200 US stores as part of the deal.

https://www.seibertron.com/transfor...uidation/40890/

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

TRU Canada will survive. And they're trying to salvage 200 US stores as part of the deal.

https://www.seibertron.com/transfor...uidation/40890/

Yeah that why we don't just start doing the closing sales just yet, as my store could be saved, but I am going to get a new job regardless as I am not holding my breath.

They were throwing away all the credit card signs and paperwork today. Thankfully my credit card is now paid off so I no longer need to worry about that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rirse posted:

Yeah that why we don't just start doing the closing sales just yet, as my store could be saved, but I am going to get a new job regardless as I am not holding my breath.

They were throwing away all the credit card signs and paperwork today. Thankfully my credit card is now paid off so I no longer need to worry about that.

There wouldn't be anything to worry about, anyway. The issuing bank would continue to exist, it just wouldn't offer any benefits a TRU credit card might offer. They might even transfer your account to a generic credit card.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Endless Mike posted:

There wouldn't be anything to worry about, anyway. The issuing bank would continue to exist, it just wouldn't offer any benefits a TRU credit card might offer. They might even transfer your account to a generic credit card.

That kinda why I got paid it off so I don't have to use it anymore. It kinda useless to use since I am not gaining reward points anymore.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
The retail chain I work for just had us pull all the left over TRU and BRU gift cards, which is how I learned about the announcement.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Has anyone ever had Big Bad Toy Store cancel a pre-order on them? I'm waiting for PX Deathstroke to ship, and there's chatter that there aren't enough to to fulfill pre-orders.

Yeah, but in my case it's because the manufacturer eventually cancelled the item.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I have, once.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Davros1 posted:

I have, once.

ShimSham posted:

Yeah, but in my case it's because the manufacturer eventually cancelled the item.
Bummer, I've never had anything cancelled, but the 10 business day notice expires Monday or Tues depending on if I count the day I got the notice. Pre-ordered the first day was available so hoping that it comes through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm surprised somebody beat NECA to this

https://twitter.com/ibziafree/status/974891219175133186