Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

infernal machines posted:

that's definitely some sage advice

rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

flakeloaf posted:

2bd 1ba open to CR4KR gene variants

Sorry you appear to be incompatible. Click here for financing options on CRISPR gene therapy to match with more roomies near you!

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Sagebrush posted:

One of the professors here had a baby a few years back and we were sitting in a meeting while she was on leave and the everyone was talking about how great it was that she gets 30 whole days off, full pay

I blurted out "that's it??" without thinking

They all looked a little pissy and said "why, what is it in Canada?"

"Like...forty weeks at half pay, or something like that?"

Dead silence for a seemingly interminable time and then finally one said, very bitterly, "well, we can't all be Canadian"

Ahahahahaha

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

We're SpareRoom, the roommate site you can trust. Finding the right people to live with can feel like an impossible task - we're here to make it simpler, quicker and safer to help you find the perfect roommates.

Living with the right people beats living on your own any day. When you live with the right people, you don't just share your space - you share your life.

They become more than your roommates, more than the people ahead of you in the queue for the bathroom. They're your friends.

SpareRoom is all about helping you find those people. The people who make sharing amazing.

SpareRoom is the brainchild of Rupert Hunt. Rupert is an unlikely tech entrepreneur. He lives in a 300-year-old house in London's East End with no TV and no microwave.

We opened our doors in the UK in 2004. That makes us ancient in web years - older than Twitter and older than Instagram.

from here

yo whats your haplotype bro?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

We're SpareRoom, the roommate site you can trust. Finding the right people to live with can feel like an impossible task - we're here to make it simpler, quicker and safer to help you find the perfect roommates.

Living with the right people beats living on your own any day. When you live with the right people, you don't just share your space - you share your life.

They become more than your roommates, more than the people ahead of you in the queue for the bathroom. They're your friends.

SpareRoom is all about helping you find those people. The people who make sharing amazing.

SpareRoom is the brainchild of Rupert Hunt. Rupert is an unlikely tech entrepreneur. He lives in a 300-year-old house in London's East End with no TV and no microwave.

We opened our doors in the UK in 2004. That makes us ancient in web years - older than Twitter and older than Instagram.

from here

stealth marketing to recruit bloodbags for thiel's vampire clan

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

this is a joke right?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
scientific is in quotes, it checks out

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can determine race with a dna check without asking for race

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

One of the professors here had a baby a few years back and we were sitting in a meeting while she was on leave and the everyone was talking about how great it was that she gets 30 whole days off, full pay

I blurted out "that's it??" without thinking

They all looked a little pissy and said "why, what is it in Canada?"

"Like...forty weeks at half pay, or something like that?"

Dead silence for a seemingly interminable time and then finally one said, very bitterly, "well, we can't all be Canadian"

:yossame: except it was my boss congratulating me on 6 weeks paid at half salary (minus tax) who was stunned at germany's requirement

he didn't quite believe me, because he later came back and told me that he looked it up and was still amazed

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

tbf, from the reports it sounds like the tesla model 3 line may be exactly this

man the first day ford had the model t line going they probably made more cars than tesla managed to make in their first 3 months of model 3s

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

scientific is in quotes, it checks out

buzzfeed lists: clickbait time wasters, or rigorous literature reviews?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

if any american car company did what tesla is doing it'd be criminal but blamed on the unions

if a foreign car company did this there would be government regulations passed in a week

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://twitter.com/GoldmanSachs/status/973645485943730176

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
theres a 3, and S and an X parked outside at the chargers for my apartment complex. The 3 looks real stupid but maybe not as stupid as the x

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
the X is a tall, fat S

like everything about it is just an exaggerated form of the S with the same ride height -- its the epitome of "luxury" SUV

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

is amazingly good at one thing, quits that thing to try something else, finds himself nowhere near as good at it as the first thing, shamefully slinks back?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

lancemantis posted:

the X is a tall, fat S

like everything about it is just an exaggerated form of the S with the same ride height -- its the epitome of "luxury" SUV

"we are free of the legacy packaging restraints of an ICE vehicle and have a blank slate to make whatever we want! what should it look like???"

"how about a big lumpy minivan with lambo doors"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FALCON doors

They are super insistent that you call them that because, quote, "gulls aren't cool."

Also Lamborghinis use scissor doors, which open like this, not gull-wings that open like this

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

FALCON doors

They are super insistent that you call them that because, quote, "gulls aren't cool."

Also Lamborghinis use scissor doors, which open like this, not gull-wings that open like this

what is it with ol’ musky and falcons?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

President Beep posted:

what is it with ol’ musky and falcons?

they both dive in from loving nowhere, grab their dinner, and fly away as fast as they can

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
the x always struck me as looking like a pregnant model s

haveblue posted:

is amazingly good at one thing, quits that thing to try something else, finds himself nowhere near as good at it as the first thing, shamefully slinks back?
also became an unlikeable old man with a solid core of absolutely unjustified bitterness

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

haveblue posted:

no he has a massive gambling problem

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FMguru posted:

the x always struck me as looking like a pregnant model s

a beautiful human submarine

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

FALCON doors

trap sprung

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
its a prius minivan with lambo doors.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

FALCON doors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJIAOosI6js

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

a beautiful human submarine

beautiful automotive submarine maybe

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

haveblue posted:

beautiful automotive submarine maybe

dont give elon ideas

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cat Face Joe posted:

dont give elon ideas

too late

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i hope he drowns in it

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

i bike past like 10 model Ss on my way to work and they do look pretty cool though.

a ton of people park them on the street. i guess they get free charging at work or something?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

there's this one guy who works in my building who parks his tesla near the elevator in the parking garage and then uses one of those adapters and an extension cord to plug it in to the electrical outlet near the elevator and steal the building's electricity :allears:

e: oh i just remembered he used to park in the loving handicapped spot to do this too until i presume he got a ticket or towed or something so now he parks right next to the handicapped spot and snakes his extension cord around it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
buying a 60,000 dollar car and stealing the fuel for it

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
that's just SOP for tesla owners in apartment parking lots

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

sometimes the cord was clearly unplugged and just left in a corner, still connected to his car, so I assume the maintenance / watchman guy periodically yanks it out when he sees it but can't tell the guy to cut it out for some reason

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

so many near-rich people are criminals

friend of mine's dad had a good job and owned a house in sf but still made and sold bootleg satellite tv cards in his basement until he retired

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

friend of mine's dad had a good job and owned a house in sf but still made and sold bootleg satellite tv cards in his basement until he retired
that oracle exec who spent his spare time running a tag switching scam on lego sets in walmarts and targets and toys r us

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ate all the Oreos posted:

there's this one guy who works in my building who parks his tesla near the elevator in the parking garage and then uses one of those adapters and an extension cord to plug it in to the electrical outlet near the elevator and steal the building's electricity :allears:

e: oh i just remembered he used to park in the loving handicapped spot to do this too until i presume he got a ticket or towed or something so now he parks right next to the handicapped spot and snakes his extension cord around it

key the fucker please!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

qirex posted:

crime is actually how they become rich. once theyre rich, their crime is unstoppable, so it is on us to mess with their poo poo before that happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

qirex posted:

behind every fortune is a crime