Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Literally have nothing to say about this other than it exists but at least the Russos know how to color grade their films.

DP Trent Opaloch, he of District 9, Elysium, and the last two Captian America movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
4/4 ain't bad.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

well I neglected to mention Chappie

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I don't know which one I'm less excited for, this or Ready Player One

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I don't know which one I'm less excited for, this or Ready Player One

It's okay not to like things that other people like. Obviously it's correct and proper not to like Ready Player One at all, but you can be wrong on other things as well as being right on some stuff.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
They're gonna have to pay me to see that poo poo
Or alternatively I may just have movie pass and make the mistake of getting too high and thinking 2hr 36min of action figures banging against each other sounds dope. I'd have to be really really high though and there's no way I won't sober up halfway and regret it. Cuz again it's waaaay too long.
It's like the last Star Wars movie. You guys are making silly blockbusters not Kurosawa, and you're doing it for an infinite amount of films, maybe skew closer to 90 minutes when possible? Jesus. It's like a lost talent these days.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dillbag posted:

well I neglected to mention Chappie

5/5 then.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Punkin Spunkin posted:

It's like the last Star Wars movie. You guys are making silly blockbusters not Kurosawa

Did you do this on purpose? :haw:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

PST posted:

It's okay not to like things that other people like. Obviously it's correct and proper not to like Ready Player One at all, but you can be wrong on other things as well as being right on some stuff.
I just don't understand how anyone can still be excited about yet another MCU movie after like 20 of them have come out in the past decade. It's definitely a quantity over quality issue. Although a lot of people are somehow. The oversaturation hasn't affected them for whatever reason :shobon:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

I just don't understand how anyone can still be excited about yet another MCU movie after like 20 of them have come out in the past decade. It's definitely a quantity over quality issue. Although a lot of people are somehow. The oversaturation hasn't affected them for whatever reason :shobon:

Dude, this is the story they've all been building up to!!!! A big fight with a bad guy

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Because I like them.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Dude, this is the story they've all been building up to!!!! A big fight with a bad guy

He looks like loving Gooey Gus The Slime Monster from Ghostwriter, which I'd much rather see a movie made of

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Did you do this on purpose? :haw:
Yeah, I mean the fact that the films were originally very inspired by Kurosawa doesn't change what they are now. I can sit through the many hours of Ran and Seven Samurai cuz they're truly great movies. As compared to expecting me to do it for Thanos or space battles with occasional gibberish about "balance". It's just too much. TLJ to a lesser degree though, I still enjoyed most of the last half of that.
It's part of why I may have technically appreciated aspects of Man of Steel but the actual experience of watching it was just like "stop! Stop!!"
I thought we were all supposed to have shorter attention spans now Jesus Christ. I'm ready for intermissions to come back in a major way. Maybe I can come back and finish this bad comic book movie tomorrow?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Thor 3 was the last marvel movie I saw and it was pretty fun and good

SOOOOOO, I'm ok with Marvel now. At least until the next dud they release, at which point I'll probably relentlessly trash them

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Black Panther was pretty solid but because it largely had nothing to do with the rest of the MCU, aside from the post-credits scene which was trash that made me groan a lot.

The soundtrack was still better than the movie, though. I still bump that soundtrack every couple days. It's so loving infectious.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, Civil War was the best Avengers movie, and it's still very forgettable, so my hopes aren't high.

Some of the Wakanda shots looked all right, so I'm not surprised the guy who shot District 9 and Chappie shot this.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

This looks so loving tedious.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I can still get excited for Marvel movies but I think for most of them there is a correlation between how much they deal with the overarching story of the universe and how much they suck. See: Iron Man 2, Both Avengers Movies, Civil War vs. original Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ragnarok.

Since this is the culmination of the whole story of the universe there's a lot of suck to overcome.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

He looks like loving Gooey Gus The Slime Monster from Ghostwriter, which I'd much rather see a movie made of

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

I still can't believe that's not Bruce Willis.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

What idiot named it Avengers: Infinity War and not Thanos: The Hand of Fate

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Again, how the gently caress do you get Oscar Isaac for your movie, then do that to him.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I think it looks like big dumb fun and I'm looking forward to it :(

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Marvel make some good movies but the closer they are to the Avengers turdfests the worse they get. Like, Thor Ragnarok, Ant Man, GoTG, Black Panther, Deadpool and Logan get a pass but the rest are awful. I guess add a couple of the X-Men movies too.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

ozmunkeh posted:

Marvel make some good movies but the closer they are to the Avengers turdfests the worse they get. Like, Thor Ragnarok, Ant Man, GoTG, Black Panther, Deadpool and Logan get a pass but the rest are awful. I guess add a couple of the X-Men movies too.

marvel doesn't make the X-men stuff but the X-men movies do tend to follow the "higher stakes, worse movies" pattern, with the possible exception of Days of Future Past, which has hilarious absurdly high stakes but also manages to be good.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
DOFP is a favorite of mine because the stakes are so absurd and they just dive headlong into them.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kassad posted:

I still can't believe that's not Bruce Willis.

Or Purple Homer Simpson.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

DOFP is a favorite of mine because the stakes are so absurd and they just dive headlong into them.

Honestly, X2 and Deadpool are still the only X movies I'll go back for. I enjoyed First Class and Days of Future Past well-enough, but I can't help but feel that since The Last Stand basically predicted the MCU formula they just kind of became the parallel of that. They were already spear-heading in the direction of making more films just focusing on an individual character like Wolverine, First Class was what mutated out of the attempt to do the same thing for Magneto, Gambit was tossed around as an option. Given that Logan and Deadpool did way better performance than their main Avengers-style Apocalypse, they now clearly have more incentive to explore more individual-focused stories, which just kind of lends itself to basically moon-walking into exactly what the MCU led with.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

New Mutants, Dark Phoenix, Gambit

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Again, how the gently caress do you get Oscar Isaac for your movie, then do that to him.

Should have had Apocalypse go full Dio Brando.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Taxi 5 trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWUgeP58r4w

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

No Frederic Diefenthal or Sami Naceri, I'm out.

Ah, who the gently caress am I kidding, I watched the other four and at least Bernard Farcy is back as Gibert. Amazed it's a sequel rather than a reboot after 11 years, though.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Melissa McCarthy does drama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVZ1u36nrns

Anyone know anything about the real story besides what's on Wikipedia? Seems like it'd actually make for a decent character study.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

kiimo posted:

New Mutants, Dark Phoenix, Gambit

I'm not happy with what I'm hearing about them retooling New Mutants. The original idea is so simple and brilliant.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

I'm not happy with what I'm hearing about them retooling New Mutants. The original idea is so simple and brilliant.

worst case scenario I hope it's a Suicide Squad and not a Justice League. But yeah, I was super hyped for it and they managed to kill like 70% of that hype.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The original idea seems like an expansion of the first half of the Fantastic Four reboot, which was sick.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/lifetimetv/status/975061704861040640

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I hope it's as good as the one they made about Will and Kate

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wasn't there something crazy like Michelle Obama introduced them to each other at a fundraiser event?

• Locked thread