Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Cuck is a funny word it's really harsh phonetically and I also like that it was popularized by people who were most likely to actually be the word lol

The ones who fixate the hardest on it generally can be left to implode themselves shortly after they try to dig you with it.

We were discussing this in the Boat Drivin' Space Moanas discord, but the 1.1.4 update is looking incredibly lit. Verticality, verticality, verticality, which means PC will be tons'o'fun. The loving Rattler of all guns is showcased as slaughtering people in this video.

"Making the Meta Look Like Trash":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaX3gFac9os

@moist or really anyone who likes hand cannons, they specifically talk about using The Old Fashioned in-air with much greater accuracy. Apparently "in-air accuracy" works by means of a %debuff to your accuracy when your boots are not touching ground.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Cuck is a funny word it's really harsh phonetically and I also like that it was popularized by people who were most likely to actually be the word lol

hey champ, I'm glad you're enjoying the computer lab, but one of the goals of this Retreat is to "Unplug". Some of the other dads are about to go kayaking, and don't forget there's that tug-of-war tournament tonight!!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

hey champ, I'm glad you're enjoying the computer lab, but one of the goals of this Retreat is to "Unplug". Some of the other dads are about to go kayaking, and don't forget there's that tug-of-war tournament tonight!!

I'll do that and just leave my spawn napping in the hotel room solo, definitely won't get arrested

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

...don't forget there's that tug-off-war tournament tonight!!

fixed it for you

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's called The Decide because when you see it you Decide to do a 360 and go back to playing D1

I think you mean 180

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Update looks fun. Faction rally guns look good.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

wintrrmute posted:

I think you mean 180

I think you mean One

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

wintrrmute posted:

I think you mean 180

Lol

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

My schedule for March 27:

Change up some weapons
Play a couple public events and say, "These changes feel pretty good, good job Bungie"
Maybe play Nightfall and not get any of the new unique loot
Not play IB because even with sandbox/6v6 the rewards are still cosmetic and/or boring
Go back to playing anything else until the next expansion

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Luke Smith: Oh, they got this Road Map all screwed up

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

:master:

So good.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'll have to see how this thing behaves in 1.1.4 NuMeta:

e:

Yo weird question, did anyone else play this back in the day?:

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 16, 2018

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Waffle House posted:

I'll have to see how this thing behaves in 1.1.4 NuMeta:

e:

Yo weird question, did anyone else play this back in the day?:

Renegade was pretty good. Too bad they never made the sequel.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

:vince:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Brine posted:

Renegade was pretty good. Too bad they never made the sequel.

Doesn't need one IMO, community stepped up years ago to fill the gap:

https://renegade-x.com/

I just remembered it today and got a little misty-eyed. The gunplay wasn't phenomenal, but PVP was wild as gently caress

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 16, 2018

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

If you didn't uninstall this game months ago, then you're a drat fool.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Wait why should I uninstall something that i have fun with and play with my friends

Why do you care

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Sorry about your SSD filling up tho

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Roadmap Update is up. Heroic Strike modifiers are on ice for the moment, otherwise things seem to be on course for the 27th.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Titanic was on course too.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
lol those huge dumb idiot babies. We really do only get 6v6 once every 3 weeks!

Which is more likely:

- Stubborn fucks won't let us have more than a tiny dribble of what we want

- Their in-house testing has revealed that 6v6 is actually terrible so they don't want to make it much of a thing

WHOA poo poo, uh, remember that whole "March 27 = Iron Banner 6v6" thing? Turns out they meant, March 27 = the patch that will allow for a future 6v6 Iron Banner. God dammit! The first IB 6v6 will be April 10.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

lol those huge dumb idiot babies. We really do only get 6v6 once every 3 weeks!

Which is more likely:

- Stubborn fucks won't let us have more than a tiny dribble of what we want

- Their in-house testing has revealed that 6v6 is actually terrible so they don't want to make it much of a thing

Quoting JUST in case I get to make fun of you later

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Waffle House posted:

Quoting JUST in case I get to make fun of you later

Homier Waffles than you have tried, bub!

But seriously what the gently caress, that's two 6v6 fakeouts in a row. I'm starting to think they're pushing it back for Reasons and making it seem like it was always the plan.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Homier Waffles than you have tried, bub!

But seriously what the gently caress, that's two 6v6 fakeouts in a row. I'm starting to think they're pushing it back for Reasons and making it seem like it was always the plan.

...they're still launching 6v6? I'm not sure I understand your use of, "Fakeout" here.

I'm still expecting 8v8 to drop at some point, just because it doesn't make sense to tease a tank in the storyline without putting it in a later combined arms mode.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

The Bungie Defender has logged on bitches. En guard.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Road Map? More like Choad Crap!!!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Menstrual Show posted:

The Bungie Defender has logged on bitches. En guard.

I like a videogame a lot and don't give a poo poo what uninstalled benchracing idiots think. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Waffle House posted:

...they're still launching 6v6? I'm not sure I understand your use of, "Fakeout" here.

I'm still expecting 8v8 to drop at some point, just because it doesn't make sense to tease a tank in the storyline without putting it in a later combined arms mode.

It all started with the road map. Iron Banner 6v6 was under a column with a "March 27" header, as shown below

Relevant contents circled, underlined and arrow'd

That's the most recent and grievous of fakeouts. But they got me with their March 1st blog post (https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46670)) which went a little something like this:

Hey kids do ya like.. IRON BANNER SIX VERSUS SIX?!

Well, here's exactly how it works.

Oh, and one more thing... How would you feel about IRON BANNER starting next goddamn week, YEEEAHHH!!!*

*Next week is Iron Banner 4v4. The previously mentioned Iron Banner 6v6 is a part of Patch 1.1.4, which launches before the end of the month

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Waffle House posted:

I like a videogame a lot and don't give a poo poo what uninstalled benchracing idiots think. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/974727008394526721?s=19

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

*Next week is Iron Banner 4v4. The previously mentioned Iron Banner 6v6 is a part of Patch 1.1.4, which launches before the end of the month

Yes, we've...known 6v6 Iron Banner was coming on the 27th for weeks now. Did you miss that announcement? I can paste the image again just in case...

I'm glad you discovered @dril and @dasharez0ne tbh, they're both important parts of a complete breakfast these days. Bonus points if you can correctly guess who on the forums @dril is.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 17, 2018

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Sounds like cuck talk to me

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Waffle House posted:

Yes, we've...known 6v6 Iron Banner was coming on the 27th for weeks now. Did you miss that announcement? I can paste the image again just in case...

That's what I thought based on the image, too. But this is from today's road map:

Mar 27: Rumble
Apr 3: Mayhem
Apr 10: Iron Banner
Apr 17: Rumble
Apr 24: Mayhem
May 1: Iron Banner

Could it be that you have been fake'd out?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bungie is so embarrassing at this point

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hahaha it really is :ughh:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

If you didn't uninstall this game months ago, then you're a drat fool.

You're the one still posting in the thread for a game that you uninstalled months ago???

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

That's what I thought based on the image, too. But this is from today's road map:

Could it be that you have been fake'd out?

Here, let me fix the image I pasted above so you can see what I mean better, since I got it straight from today's update:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46696

More context definitely reveals where you're getting confused tho. They wrote, "Rumble" in the slot where we expect IB to show up (March 27th), even though the graphic clearly shows IB launching then (as well?):

quote:

Starting March 27, the Weekly Crucible Playlist will become available to all. This playlist will contain Rumble, Mayhem, and 6v6 Iron Banner to start. Here’s a calendar for when you can expect these game modes to appear through the week of May 1.

I'm gonna guess:

1) I don't think that means IB will be Rumble, maybe it'll just be alongside it to get people to try different new PVP poo poo
2) 6v6 IN GENERAL will be referred to as, "Iron Banner" going forward, because it sounds like that's how they've built it. I'm pretty sure they called it a, "Classic game style" in some presser once upon a blue moon ago.
3) If that's the case I may revise my BTB vehicle-enabled 8v8 guess pessimistically to the expansion after this upcoming one. It would be characteristic of Bungie's release schedule and overall demeanor to wait like six months to Datamine 6v6 fully before they drop another bigger something that would be more fun. :v:

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

I love how Bungie is communicating more, but their "roadmap" slide is just stretching each feature into like 5 bullet points so it has the illusion of things happening.

This company is 700 people large. how many squads are actually working on this

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
They're working on D3 now

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Waffle House posted:

Here, let me fix the image I pasted above so you can see what I mean better, since I got it straight from today's update:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46696

More context definitely reveals where you're getting confused tho. They wrote, "Rumble" in the slot where we expect IB to show up (March 27th), even though the graphic clearly shows IB launching then (as well?):

I'm gonna guess:

1) I don't think that means IB will be Rumble, maybe it'll just be alongside it to get people to try different new PVP poo poo
2) 6v6 IN GENERAL will be referred to as, "Iron Banner" going forward, because it sounds like that's how they've built it. I'm pretty sure they called it a, "Classic game style" in some presser once upon a blue moon ago.
3) If that's the case I may revise my BTB vehicle-enabled 8v8 guess pessimistically to the expansion after this upcoming one. It would be characteristic of Bungie's release schedule and overall demeanor to wait like six months to Datamine 6v6 fully before they drop another bigger something that would be more fun. :v:

Dude, wordswordswords. You're missing the point. Here's the point - They clearly planned on 6v6 on March 27th and then scrapped it/pushed it back for some reason.

That image implied (still implies! Note that "Iron Banner" isn't included in the line item below with "Weekly Crucible Playlist: Rumble/Mayhem"!) that March 27 was Iron Banner 6v6

They obviously had to ditch their plans for 6v6 on March 27th, and now they're including it in Weekly Crucible Playlist (previously defined as Rumble/Mayhem, now defined as Rumble/Mayhem/Iron Banner) and bumping it to the back of the line.

There's absolutely no way you (waffle house) were expecting 6v6 on anything other than March 27th, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Dude, wordswordswords. You're missing the point. Here's the point - They clearly planned on 6v6 on March 27th and then scrapped it/pushed it back for some reason.

That image implied (still implies! Note that "Iron Banner" isn't included in the line item below with "Weekly Crucible Playlist: Rumble/Mayhem"!) that March 27 was Iron Banner 6v6

They obviously had to ditch their plans for 6v6 on March 27th, and now they're including it in Weekly Crucible Playlist (previously defined as Rumble/Mayhem, now defined as Rumble/Mayhem/Iron Banner) and bumping it to the back of the line.

There's absolutely no way you (waffle house) were expecting 6v6 on anything other than March 27th, lmao

INDEED MY MAN, DICK CIRCLED AS IT IS:

So what you're saying here is that you fully expect 6v6 IB to not drop on March 27th?