Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Burkion posted:

I think that's the point

This is just a theory, but I'm pretty sure this Omnimon is just going to heal poo poo and make things better. MERCIFUL OMNIMON

I think that makes sense. The lack of a cape makes it look far less imposing, and it has neither its cannon or blade exposed. It certainly looks much less like a warrior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"This is my mercy katana. Did you ever hear about the Red Wild Force Ranger?"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Bee posted:

I think that makes sense. The lack of a cape makes it look far less imposing, and it has neither its cannon or blade exposed. It certainly looks much less like a warrior.

He has (they have?) both sword and cannon unsheathed in the visual though, it's only his (their?) artwork that doesn't.

Basic Omegamon's Toei artwork doesn't show his (their?) weaponry either.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
A super Mega ultra digivolution that turns you into a healbot would be hilarious and I kinda hopes that's what happens

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The sword cuts through hate and the cannon shoots friendship

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Executioner sword with inscription: When I raise this sword, so I wish that this poor sinner will receive eternal life.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/975974722402955264

tfw a 14 year old is still taller than you

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rei is freakishly tall for his age though. Dude became an adult even in body really fast.

...not like I don't share your feeling in this one.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sh-Should I mention I was talking about Haru?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh. Well, umm...it could be worse. You could be talking about Astra or Watson. Or about an Appmon!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
For my fellow Americans:

Haru - 5'2"
Eri - 4'11"
Astra (Torajiro) - 4'5"
Yuujin - 5'6"
Watson (Takeru Wato) - 4'5"
Ai - 4'9.5"
Rei - 5'6.5"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Omegamon?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It only looks vaguely like Omegamon. If It’s anything and not a scrapped design for Ludomon’s evolutions, it’s probably a fusion of Durandamon and Bryweldramon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That'd make sense, Bryweldramon's profile does mention Durandamon, so them fusing together as a sword-and-shield Legendary Arms Digimon would be cool and logical.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Omegamon is so cool, I wish there were more characters with a design like that!
*finger on monkey’s paw curls*

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/yamaki_nyx/status/977925228754972672

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's hard to make anime but I'm glad Konaka does want to continue with Tamers at least. Now we only need to wait for Toei's okay I guess, but it gives me hope we'll get that, and properly written, in a short time.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Tamers is my fav series but tbh I don't really think it needs a sequel. But this is also a selfish desire for him to loving give me despera already and work on more new things in general

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

mandatory lesbian posted:

Tamers is my fav series but tbh I don't really think it needs a sequel. But this is also a selfish desire for him to loving give me despera already and work on more new things in general

Same because I just want more Konaka stuff generally. I could really do with another weird-rear end show like Ghost Hound.

I love Tamers to death, and I would definitely watch a sequel, but on the heels of the monkey paw that is Tri I've found now more than ever I'm really okay with leaving off at Movie 6.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just wonder what the next step is. Appmon did well enough, and Tri has basically been printing money for them. There's gonna be an animation project after Tri is over, I just wonder what it's going to be.

Personally I'm hoping for an animated movie series adapting V-Tamer.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nodosaur posted:

Personally I'm hoping for an animated movie series adapting V-Tamer.

Don't make me dream about beautiful things that cannot exist.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

it makes sense. it gets the nostalgiabucks and Taichi's presence carries over the people from Try.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/bandai_digimon/status/978471945954979841

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Ugh, that design starts so cool right up to the Rookie being The Objectively Best Rookie Digimon and then just immediately shits itself and turns back into generic blah.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I like fire shield dragon. The MirageGaogamons aren't great though.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The MirageGaogamon one is great because where else the heck are we getting a homage to MirageGaogamon

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Besides, Ludomon is meant to be a callback to the pre-Adventure v-pet lines which are basically random with only a loose theme tying them together (in this case shields you could get in an rpg with the shield of each stage being leather, copper, steel, ice, electricity, and fire respectively).

Additionally, Ludomon and its subsequent stages all have shield modes as shown above which is a major aspect of their designs.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/980099189186203650?s=19

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/yamaki_nyx/status/981465027189268482

Seems like Konaka really wants to make a sequel to Tamers and the Drama CD bundled with the BD set is sort of a proof of concept he made for Toei but Toei is swamped on other projects to commit to a full sequel series.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I didn't know you posted still :livintrope::nitecrew:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://twitter.com/yamaki_nyx/status/981465027189268482

Seems like Konaka really wants to make a sequel to Tamers and the Drama CD bundled with the BD set is sort of a proof of concept he made for Toei but Toei is swamped on other projects to commit to a full sequel series.

The drama CD has Ruki as a 28 year old apparently, so I have no idea what Konaka's thinking but goddammit I need it in my life.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
https://twitter.com/bandai_digimon/status/981369699458887680

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

hey they remembered Yo!Yo!mon exists.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nodosaur posted:

hey they remembered Yo!Yo!mon exists.

You can't celebrate yoyo day without Yo!Yo!mon.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I didn't know you posted still :livintrope::nitecrew:

hello matoi :-)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So here's a translation of the Digimon Tamers 2018 drama CD.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/982254639688003587

Agumon :smith:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's fine. He's a reptile, they shed their skin.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Wow, I was expecting an epilogue, not a pilot. It’s a shame that the chances of it continuing/becoming a TV series are so low, because that was 100% Konaka right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

hello matoi :-)

It's good 2 see u.

:eek: