Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Mustached Demon posted:

First go I forgot eye drops so I may give up this is brutal.

I forgot them too, but since I brought most of my A team too, my basch got blinded instead and my party didn’t fully get wiped until Typhoon got snorty anyhow. Praise jah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warb0ss
Jul 22, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

(Everyone beat Gilgamesh that needed to, I hope? I can switch back
I had a pretty embarrassing 1% wipe when you had him up prior, so if you could for another day or so I would be grateful

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I forgot them too, but since I brought most of my A team too, my basch got blinded instead and my party didn’t fully get wiped until Typhoon got snorty anyhow. Praise jah.

I just brought Basch with ramuh so noctis can't hit poo poo.

Turn 100! God bless America.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Is a Fixed Dice build worth using on either Onion Knight or Tidus if I'm missing Buster Style? I have two Marshal Gloves in the TMR oven but I'm not holding my breath over pulling a Cloud any time soon.

Also, I highly suggest bringing the Jade Moon Pendant for King Apep if you have it. Makes his status effect assault a breeze, and if you have a magic tank and and Atk/Mag breaker he should be no issue.

Oh, also, remember you can use Holy for that magic kill shot as long as you dispel his reflect first.

I think they quick fixed his light weakness? My Cid and EFluffy's crushed the bastard.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I just opened up a few friend slots if any new (or not so new) goons haven't connected yet. Currently hosting a Beast Killer TG Cid for all your Apep slaying needs.

IGN is Lezard, Friend Code is 124.960.223.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

new kind of cat posted:

Is a Fixed Dice build worth using on either Onion Knight or Tidus if I'm missing Buster Style? I have two Marshal Gloves in the TMR oven but I'm not holding my breath over pulling a Cloud any time soon.

I actually did that math for someone:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7nsq2e/tdh_fd_onion_knight_chaining_test_vs_aigaion_elt/ds5a4o2/

TL;DR it's a slight damage increase on average but you're going to be dealing with the extremely large deviation of FD.

--

I finally found a replacement for Ayaka.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I spent a few tickets on the woman banner and now I can say that I will have Prishe's SMTR when she comes up. Yay.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

What is the highest chain possible in this game? Iv'e gotten to 63 with 3x 2B.

Garth_Marenghi fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 16, 2018

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

new kind of cat posted:

Is a Fixed Dice build worth using on either Onion Knight

I think it is niche/gimmick kind of build, and can be infuriating for standard OK users when you accidentally grab them as a friend on a mission to chain on something.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Garth_Marenghi posted:

What is the highest chain possible in this game? Iv'e gotten to 63 with 3x 2B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzOrUW1gk-s&t=21s

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Event boss isn't particularly difficult as long as you can cover a few essential roles. Breaks and status immunities are essential. Damage is too overwhelming without breaks and the status ailments will leave everyone petrified if you don't block or clear them.

WoL is more useful than wilhem here. A strong healer isn't as needed in the fight as long as the boss is broken. A Marie should have enough healing through her hot to cover the damage to the tank and also provided status immunities. Two damage dealers is enough to clear.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

WTF!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

2x Onion Knight is 63. So you can get 191 on demand with 6x OK.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
can I one-turn this apep with 2x Orlandeaus, 2x Aileen, 1x Soleil?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Cobalt60 posted:

Probably? I did it with 2x TGC and one VotD. Soleil buffing/breaking and a random unit to land a spell somewhere in the chain.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
yep.

Answer is "yep."

EDIT: I'll never be competent in this game if it keeps letting me cheese challenges...

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 16, 2018

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Pros: I have 2 Aileens, a DV, Orlandoo, ayaka, Wilhelm, Roy, and normal other stuff. Cons: my only Mage is BS Sakura, and she's not well equipped.

What order should I kill all these dudes that are yet-un-killed?

Sheratan
Elnath
Nice Bird
Leviathan
Bahamut
Fenrir
Big Robot
Malboro
Tetra Sylphid
Wicked Moon

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Warb0ss posted:

I had a pretty embarrassing 1% wipe when you had him up prior, so if you could for another day or so I would be grateful

Okay, switching back!

Cobalt60 posted:

Pros: I have 2 Aileens, a DV, Orlandoo, ayaka, Wilhelm, Roy, and normal other stuff. Cons: my only Mage is BS Sakura, and she's not well equipped.

What order should I kill all these dudes that are yet-un-killed?

Sheratan
Elnath
Nice Bird
Leviathan
Bahamut
Fenrir
Big Robot
Malboro
Tetra Sylphid
Wicked Moon

Do you have a magic tank?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Do you have a magic tank?

Yes. Mystea only but I have a few of her. She's leveled but i"ve never used her once...

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Whichever one of you goons is under the name ‘Belial’ with the really powerful Beatrix, I thank you for carrying my sad sack team on some of the harder Alexandria missions.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cobalt60 posted:

Yes. Mystea only but I have a few of her. She's leveled but i"ve never used her once...

You can probably knock out Bahamut if Mystea tanks the megaflare and you've got enough dragon killing stuff on your Aileens, Dark Veritas and Orlandeu.

I did Bahamut with three Trance Terras, but I think I could have done it with just my two, looking as how fast the health bar melted. Four properly equipped chainers with or without a turn for setup should do it, too.

I did Leviathan earlier today, and you really want to keep it broken and defensive buffs up. I used Lapis to get beat it, I screwed up a little on defense/breaking and that's all it takes. Didn't want to redo.

I don't recall Fenrir being any sort of problem with my standard 2 Orlandeu, Warrior of Light, Ayaka, Marie team.

Same for Tetra Sylpheed... I think.

(Do you have Marie? She really trivializes a lot of damage, but I don't have Roy, he might be better.)

For the robot and Nice Bird I used the Machine Killer cheat and restart cheats, respectively. Haven't killed Malboro yet.

I can't give you any advice for the 10-Man trials since I haven't done any of them yet, but Orlandeu and Dark Veritas should make your chaining much easier if you can keep everyone alive.

TL;DR: you can probably get those Espers pretty easily with Mystea/whomever will keep you alive long enough to do it.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I wish “kill with magic damage” included magic abilities. Makes full clearing the boss annoying in you don’t have Barb

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Threw 10 tickets at the attacker banner, snagged my first elfreeda! Got cloud on his banner, so that's 2/3 tdh kit. Makes up for 2 off banner rainbows on e. Aileens banner.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I pulled a Loren so that pretty much locks her in as my first pick for a UoC ticket, followed by Wilhelm followed by Ayaka.

I hope that we get a hosed up item world implementation so they give us a few UoC tickets like they did in Japan. Getting two strong 7* back to back off of 6* you already have would be great

Cobalt60 posted:

Raid Apep or challenge king Apep? Raid Apep is super easy to one shot with two aileens for me if you break it first. I took out like 40% of the challenge one with two aileens imperfect chaining and using defensive buffs and breaks on it so I'm guessing 3 aileens perfect chaining can one turn it with offensive buffs and breaka

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 17, 2018

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Well goddamn. Threw a 4* ticket at the Women's Day Banner when the date switched over, got my first Elfreeda. Threw another 4* ticket at the banner when I got home from work, got Loren#2. :psyduck: How hard can I dick out Randi with a Marshal Glove and Doublehand? Or are doublehand builds just really not worth messing with unless you can get two gloves and Buster Style?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If the character has innate TDH then an extra 100% equip attack makes them competitive to DW but if your TDH character is also your chainer then it might not be worth it.

7* has TDH units with w attack which solves this problem. Later on we get a Buster Style from a raid I think which means having at least one TDH is a little more viable. I don't know if there is an item world modifier that grants extra TDH like there are for normal attack % but if there ever is one it would be even better

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Meanwhile I pulled my THIRD elfeeda.

I wanted a Loren or an Aileen or an Olive... whyyyyy

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
One rounded the boss with Noctis, 2x Tidus, Ramza, and 2x OK. Missed out on the last two rewards but whatever. 114 hit spark chain is crazy.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

BDawg posted:

I wish “kill with magic damage” included magic abilities. Makes full clearing the boss annoying in you don’t have Barb

I used full dodge Basch for the magic kill too. Alterna is a nice long cast for you to get him dead. If anyone would like me to throw him up he makes full completing the raid trial pretty trivial. Just physical cover and bring someone that gives fire resist. You don’t even need breaks (but Basch can provide them if you’re so inclined). He’s not a carry so you’ll need to provide your own damage. But he negates a lot of the dangers of the fight and can provide the magic finisher (cast Alterna, kill boss before it lands).

Took me 3 tries to get it right because I kept trying to do it in between working on poo poo. First time I didn’t even look at the objectives and the second I brought 5-man group with only 1 damage dealer (also found out that venom spit was physical and not magic. The hard way). He can be pretty brutal if you can’t cheese him.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
Thanks PDQ, got it done!

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Ugato posted:

I used full dodge Basch for the magic kill too. Alterna is a nice long cast for you to get him dead. If anyone would like me to throw him up he makes full completing the raid trial pretty trivial. Just physical cover and bring someone that gives fire resist. You don’t even need breaks (but Basch can provide them if you’re so inclined). He’s not a carry so you’ll need to provide your own damage. But he negates a lot of the dangers of the fight and can provide the magic finisher (cast Alterna, kill boss before it lands).

Took me 3 tries to get it right because I kept trying to do it in between working on poo poo. First time I didn’t even look at the objectives and the second I brought 5-man group with only 1 damage dealer (also found out that venom spit was physical and not magic. The hard way). He can be pretty brutal if you can’t cheese him.

Took me 3 tries as well with Basch, Marie, Chow, TT, TT.

Problem was CW killed too fast, but Ultima didn’t do enough to overcome the 1m heal.

Ended up grabbing a friend Barb and threw Aeroja into the CW chain.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
JP News: Stat caps raised.

This means, for those of you bored enough, the Ring of Dominion is ACTUALLY useful lategame, instead of just being a toy. As stat cap will be harder to hit, the 50% on the accessory is now top-notch. Two weeks of half-energy bahamut, as painful as it is, would be QUITE a lot of megacrysts.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Yeah, that's cool, but Ring of Dominion is just too tedious for me to go after. I had enough farming crysts from the days when everyone was farming for Hero Rings.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Item world passives made capping stats a whole lot easier so this make upper range rolls there more enticing.

loling at the new arena rewards for JP. The FGO pvp bad civilization comic has come true in FFBE

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Mar 17, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So, do all 7* units have some kind of universal chaining move or do you need a good 6* max to chain with till you get more dupes?

I mean, I see Trance Terra and Orlandeu are really, really good from what Microsoft Translated Altema.jp says... but how much will I lose out on chaining when I smoosh?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
For some reason I thought Araena was around until the 19th so I still never got around to clearing it. :negative:

Cobalt60 posted:

Raid? Easily.

Challenge? Possibly if their attack stats are high and you have killers on the right characters. I one rounded the challenge with dual Orlandu + Olive for damage, Minfilia for an atk boost, and William for the magic objective.

BDawg posted:

Use Shantotto or William? After dealing with that bullshit dumb challenge thats what I started to do. Bring one of them and let them cast during the chain itself. Or bring two and let them extend the chain, or chain for finishers? :shrug:

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
Are these enhance chambers affected by drop rate characters?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Kjermzs posted:

Are these enhance chambers affected by drop rate characters?

Yes.

Zidane, Pirate Jake, Explorer Aileen, Locke, POD 153 for more T1-2s

Great Raven's Cape, Xon, Chow, and Lara Croft for more T3-4s.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 17, 2018

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
For any "finish with magic" mission, always just bring a dual cast Ultima or Alterna and hit that right before your chain. You'll always get the mission because the Ultima/Alterna animation is so long that it'll always hit after your chain ends, making it last hit.

For the raid boss, I brought Ramza for buff, enhanced DW Tidus with enhanced Tidus friend, and TT for chain capping. The Tidus Quick Hit chain was enough to one shot the boss, so I imagine if you threw in an extra chainer in it shouldn't be a problem. The Ultima hit twice after the HP was already 0%, but I got the mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

PaybackJack posted:

Yes.

Zidane, Pirate Jake, Explorer Aileen, Locke, POD 153 for more T1-3s

Great Raven's Cape, Xon, Chow, and Lara Croft for more T4s.

Also 6* Zidane for the first category.

• Locked thread